Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22257 22258 22259 ... 22572 22573 22574
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-09 17:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I still enjoy the movies. 25 or $30 for imax in a big theater is nice. If you live in an apartment you arent getting that same experience without pissing off your neighbors lol

Heh. If you think me watching "Tenet" in my tiny *** apartment pisses off the neighbors, you should see the caterwauling that happens when I play 3 Mahler symphonies in their entirety back-to-back-to-back.

Nothing like a lil' Gustsav to really rile up the club music fans.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-09 17:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And this is exactly why I absolutely refuse to get anything from concessions at movie theaters. They've successfully sold us on the notion that it's required for "the full experience", but it's just insane.

I don't even blame the theaters. If I could sell cheap garbage for a massive profit then I'd do it too. If people had any sense of the worth of money then theaters would be forced to drive the price down to increase demand.
It's crazy though. All throughout the western hemisphere people are gradually becoming more aware of how much they've been screwed. But instead of making things more affordable or doing literally anything logical, they're going in the opposite direction in the hopes that they can squeeze the last few bucks out of suckers.

Like, instead of making their venues more comfortable and welcoming, movie theatres are just ramping up prices and laying off employees. Gotta have that short-term profit before closing their doors, instead of - y'know - being competitive?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 18:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because you don't have a choice.

You can either pay our ever raising prices, or not watch the movie for six months until it comes out on dvd.

(That's changing though and just like Blockbuster, they're not changing with it)
By Viciouss 2022-08-09 18:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Or if it's under the Disney flagship, about 40 days. Unless it's a Tom Cruise movie, most of them are coming to streaming a lot faster these days.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 18:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm mildly impressed how fast lightyear came out on Disney+, it's still in theaters and it's already available to stream.

6/17 release, 8/3 Disney+ 6 weeks
By Viciouss 2022-08-09 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Every Disney movie is like that, expect Thor soon as well. They don't wait around.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 18:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Disney semi uniquely wants to squeeze the juice as much as possible. Axing the theater after a month for the initial surge means more money for them on their own streaming service.

They get to double dip

Love and thunder comes to disney+ the 24th (6 weeks after release)
By Viciouss 2022-08-09 18:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 42 days has been the norm for them this year.
By Jetackuu 2022-08-10 00:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
The best deal we get out of Cineplex is their combo "For two" that has two drinks and a large popcorn for $30. And that's after you've spent $15 per ticket.

It's absolutely criminal.

"Duuuh why don't people want to go to movies anymore?!"
Oh I dunno, maybe because I could get a steak dinner at The Keg for less money.

And this is exactly why I absolutely refuse to get anything from concessions at movie theaters. They've successfully sold us on the notion that it's required for "the full experience", but it's just insane.

I don't even blame the theaters. If I could sell cheap garbage for a massive profit then I'd do it too. If people had any sense of the worth of money then theaters would be forced to drive the price down to increase demand.
hush old man, it may be insane but movie theater butter is to die for, literally.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-10 00:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
The best deal we get out of Cineplex is their combo "For two" that has two drinks and a large popcorn for $30. And that's after you've spent $15 per ticket.

hush old man, it may be insane but movie theater butter is to die for, literally.

Lol, well, for people like you there is always the option of buying the butter by the gallon so that you can make the popcorn yourself (and save a fortune in the process)!

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/louana-1-gallon-butter-flavored-topping-case/101LOU12504.html
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-10 06:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, i think its kinda unnecessary adding carbs to the meat.

I dont feel the appeal of crispy chicken like I used to do when younger. Neither sauce with sugar.

I prefer eating something more simpler if that makes easier maintaing my weight low.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-10 06:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that I've come around to, too

BBQ and fried coating is great, except that it quadruples the calories for nothing.

It's the same rationale for water. Yeah sodie is yummy but that's half your day worth of calories, so. Ultimately not worth.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-08-10 07:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

woah
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-10 09:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the most value I've seen in a production pertaining to Final Fantasy XI in years. It's a live cover of a new song that they wrote for Sortie.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-10 09:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like... really good too lol

And why did no one ever tell me they played these songs in concert 10 years ago. I only just discovered this because YouTube auto-played it after the above video.
[+]
By Rips 2022-08-10 10:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like... really good too lol

And why did no one ever tell me they played these songs in concert 10 years ago. I only just discovered this because YouTube auto-played it after the above video.

I’ve been listening to it non stop since last night. It’s solid.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-08-10 11:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Lol, well, for people like you there is always the option of buying the butter by the gallon so that you can make the popcorn yourself (and save a fortune in the process)!

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/louana-1-gallon-butter-flavored-topping-case/101LOU12504.html

/low growl
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-11 01:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP!

By Pantafernando 2022-08-11 03:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally i can just work at home, but today i need to actually do a mini trip to another city, and just today, string wind is blowing for over 1h, with high expectations of storms.

I just think this unfortunate. Could just be working warmly and safely like most days, but exactly today, gonna have to deal with this.

Well, if i dont catch any flu, that would be a win
By Thunderjet 2022-08-11 08:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

dragon quest 12 trailer should be this month i think
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-11 16:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow this movie "bodies bodies bodies" just appeared out of thin air in theaters lol.

sounds, neat. A24 thriller/horror/comedy. unfortunately it's got pete davidson so that's an automatic loss of 3 points right off the rip.

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-11 23:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-12 02:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a very important dog.

In other news, it's so funny how many people are forcing their children into taking "day #1 school pics" on FB when in reality, they are just trying to take a single good photo of their kids to show cops when they run away / go missing / end up on the news.

By Pantafernando 2022-08-12 02:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nowadays, I think its despicable every underage public exposition in any media.

Just... dont do it. In a sense its forceful, its giving bad influence to them, and not to say, exposing them to "sharks" out there....
By Pantafernando 2022-08-12 03:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to wake up in the morning and start studying right away, but lately ive been just lazying doing literally nothing, reading some sites, checking cellphone.

I consider it as a natural reaction to living a life where its work > eat > sleep. And even during work, its one emergency after another emergency.

I guess, i need some time, when i really dont need to rush to take a small breath.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-12 03:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of those new items are too strong.
By Thunderjet 2022-08-12 04:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowly happening to FFXI too do you agree?
By Pantafernando 2022-08-12 06:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont want to watch.

Whats slowly happening to ffxi?
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-08-12 12:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I dont want to watch.

Whats slowly happening to ffxi?

BOTT ALL THE THINGS THING and multibox all the things
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-12 12:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Then, no, it already happened, and it wasn't slow.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22257 22258 22259 ... 22572 22573 22574