Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22256 22257 22258 ... 22565 22566 22567
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-08 08:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Square seems to be selling everything that isn't ff so it's not something likely to matter.

Yay paged with no context quote. My favorite.

They're (appearing) to get rid of things that aren't FF so they can focus more on FF (not XI tho, cause obviously, womp womp)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-08 08:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
So sony playstation is buying Square enix that's the rumor would that effect FF11 in any way
Probably not. Buyouts tend to not affect existing live services. XI probably isn't enough of a blip on anyone's radar to even bother making it work on a PS5 or something. Though if it ever did get a remake or spin-off it might mean it'll be exclusive to Sony's platforms.

As long as it's making money, I don't think even a parent company would want to close it down. Though there's a non-zero chance they'd encourage Square-Enix to remake the game to PS5 quality and then make it PS5 exclusive.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-08 18:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

At the rate my life is going, i think i will just manage to come back to ffxi in 2024…. Hope game is fine till then…
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-08 18:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna see cuffs!
By Viciouss 2022-08-08 19:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Second half of Sandman has cratered in quality. I have no interest in a storyline that involves children of any age.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-08-08 20:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Second half of Sandman has cratered in quality. I have no interest in a storyline that involves children of any age.
In the comics Death was about 15 in appearance. Is she in the show? Is that the problem?

Don't do TV in any form so haven't watched.
By Viciouss 2022-08-08 20:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Death is a full grown adult. She was good.
By Draylo 2022-08-09 01:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Olivia Newton-John RIP!
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-09 01:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
In the comics Death was about 15 in appearance. Is she in the show? Is that the problem?
I believe they mean Rose Walker's diversity check-mark replacement.

Draylo said: »
Olivia Newton-John RIP!
I had recently even been thinking about Grease because it is... Summer.

Summer heat. Had me no fun. Summer heat. Get me a gun.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-09 01:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

https://features.americascup.com/the-spying-game/index.html?fbclid=IwAR096rDzhyVP22hZZiZaAH5yb9BfpE6W-CsutUnjSnGEwRMCFepopGRob2s

When the mega rich get bored, they buy big boats....and spy on each other :) Absolutely one of my favorite aspects of The Cup is the espionage, and even with the rules for AC37 dictating "sharing" of espionage between teams in hopes of limiting the dirtiness, the teams themselves (or at least the actual SAILORS, not the MONEY) want nothing to do with it.

So bring on the divers in murky harbor waters at 3am with GoPros!
By Pantafernando 2022-08-09 04:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny paradox im seeing while answering an ethic class questionnaire ...

The question brings two sentences with a causal relationship between both, then ask if either sentences is true or false, and if the causal relationship between them is correct.

The thing is, the sentences tells that ethic means respecting people with different opinions. BUT, if I dont interpret the sentences according to the person who made this question, I will be penalized for not interpreting as that person.

Is that ethical?
By Pantafernando 2022-08-09 04:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Im ok with taking ethical classes, but, as its with respect, with morality, they all have solid and good foundation, but in my opinion, at some point in time, humanity corrupted those values.

You can agree with the intro of every of those aspects. The latter ideas though, imo, questionable af. Sometimes logically paradoxical.
By Thunderjet 2022-08-09 11:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

this is the new tactics game from SE i hope it has a story as good as Tactics
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-09 12:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ordered a new phone. Haven't upgraded in a couple years now
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-09 12:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

this is the new tactics game from SE i hope it has a story as good as Tactics
It's going to be nothing like tactics, ogre, or triangle strateghy.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-09 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Im ok with taking ethical classes, but, as its with respect, with morality, they all have solid and good foundation, but in my opinion, at some point in time, humanity corrupted those values.

You can agree with the intro of every of those aspects. The latter ideas though, imo, questionable af. Sometimes logically paradoxical.

Never really found a co-existence between raw morality and what humans have turned into a self-preservationist morality. I don't think if we accept that concepts such as morality do exist outside of human consciousness that our "version" of these concepts will ever be clean, simply because we have an innate desire of self-preservation, and that core value dictates most decisions we make. Often, the survival of humanity won't be the most moral choice.

So then in my mind the stated assumption that morality exists outside of humanity (by saying that humans corrupted it, that implies it was in existence either before us, or without us) is just more anthropomorphizing of the world, which is one of the most horrible habits of humans I see.

-No, that cow isn't smiling at you- it farted.
-The rocks don't know good vs evil, it was just a rockslide because of bad physics in the coal mine below.
-The planet isn't "fighting back", we just did stupid ***and broke it.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-09 14:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ordered a new phone. Haven't upgraded in a couple years now
Pixel???
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 14:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly miss pandemic era movie theaters.

Show up right when it starts, no line, get your free popcorn and that's it.

Now it's back to being like a god damn airline. Show up an hour early. Park a mile away. Wait 45 minutes for that free popcorn. Be surrounded by humans.
(It also takes twice as long to drive there, yay traffic)
And they were doing AM showings. Now it's back to 1pm opens. Only FOUR showings for Bullettrain. It should be every half hour.

I've literally just walked in, seen the line, and walked out every tuesday for a month now. 200 people getting popcorn and one guy doing it. *** that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-09 14:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Free popcorn? There's only two theatre chains where I live. One of them charges $15 for a popcorn and drink (with free refills on both), and the other charges $20 for a popcorn and drink (with no refills).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 15:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

AMC(sometimes) MJR(sometimes) and Emagine(all the time) here do free popcorn and $5 ticket tuesdays.

(free 85oz popcorn, but you can upsize it to 'trough' for $1 more!)

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-09 15:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The best deal we get out of Cineplex is their combo "For two" that has two drinks and a large popcorn for $30. And that's after you've spent $15 per ticket.

It's absolutely criminal.

"Duuuh why don't people want to go to movies anymore?!"
Oh I dunno, maybe because I could get a steak dinner at The Keg for less money.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 15:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's why I only go on $5 and free popcorn tuesday lol.

I'm not paying $30 for movies. I'll pirate that *** on my 60" with a 25c bag of microwave popcorn. Sorry not sorry.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-09 15:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The other theatre is a lot better, though. Comfy seats, infinite leg room, free refills on popcorn and drinks (Coke Freestyle machines!), cleaner bathrooms... Just sucks that there's only one of them in the city and it's half an hour away.

But yeah I haven't been to any theatre since the first Sonic movie, and I don't regret it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-09 16:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Movie Theater Popcorn has to be one of the all-time "Foods that disappoint taste-wise based on the smell when you order" up there with Turkey Legs.

That ***is olfactory cocaine that tastes like cardboard rat turds.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 16:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Movie Theater Popcorn has to be one of the all-time "Foods that disappoint taste-wise based on the smell when you order" up there with Turkey Legs.

That ***is olfactory cocaine that tastes like cardboard rat turds.

That's why you put a whole bottle of this ***on it. (also free at emagine)

This garlic parm ***is life changing lol

(they also have cheese corn, carmel corn, and olive pop)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-09 16:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe I'm with ya Eiryl- I just am so frustrated with the idiocy of the movie industry as a musician. We had to deal with Napster and losing record sales, but eventually the music industry adjusted. But for some reason content creators the likes of the Nolan Brothers can only view their own work as worthy of the Louvre instead of realizing their audiences now have great AV equipment at home and prefer that experience than dirty theaters and overpriced snacks.

Maybe some day they'll realize that leaving the streaming version of their movies audio-balanced for IMAX theaters out of petulance is what a child does, not an artist. An artist wants as many people to experience their work as possible, not reduce that audience because in your mind they aren't doing it right.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 16:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just money. Ticket gives %40 revenue, but a DVD or Streaming gives significantly less. (and it's easier to pirate)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-09 17:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
hehe I'm with ya Eiryl- I just am so frustrated with the idiocy of the movie industry as a musician. We had to deal with Napster and losing record sales, but eventually the music industry adjusted. But for some reason content creators the likes of the Nolan Brothers can only view their own work as worthy of the Louvre instead of realizing their audiences now have great AV equipment at home and prefer that experience than dirty theaters and overpriced snacks.

Maybe some day they'll realize that leaving the streaming version of their movies audio-balanced for IMAX theaters out of petulance is what a child does, not an artist. An artist wants as many people to experience their work as possible, not reduce that audience because in your mind they aren't doing it right.

what? you don't like old raisinets from a cardboard box that costs 14.99?
By Draylo 2022-08-09 17:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I still enjoy the movies. 25 or $30 for imax in a big theater is nice. If you live in an apartment you arent getting that same experience without pissing off your neighbors lol
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-09 17:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
The best deal we get out of Cineplex is their combo "For two" that has two drinks and a large popcorn for $30. And that's after you've spent $15 per ticket.

It's absolutely criminal.

"Duuuh why don't people want to go to movies anymore?!"
Oh I dunno, maybe because I could get a steak dinner at The Keg for less money.

And this is exactly why I absolutely refuse to get anything from concessions at movie theaters. They've successfully sold us on the notion that it's required for "the full experience", but it's just insane.

I don't even blame the theaters. If I could sell cheap garbage for a massive profit then I'd do it too. If people had any sense of the worth of money then theaters would be forced to drive the price down to increase demand.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22256 22257 22258 ... 22565 22566 22567