Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16262 16263 16264 ... 22591 22592 22593

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 10:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

While I was living in Japan during college, I lived in an 8 tatami mat room (with a roommate), which isn't much bigger than what's in that video Schizm.

Only time I lived with a roommate in college too, which is ok because my first roommate was from British Columbia in Canada and my 2nd was from Australia.

Man that was the best time of my life....
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 10:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
Looks like a good hikikomori pad.

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-01-15 10:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
do all 3 of them break appart, and for Gundam Rayquaza?

I also dont like this grasshopper gundam :/
More like a Gundam Hydra if the OP is to be believed.

Doesn't look like there'll be anywhere near enough parts for it though, so it's probably just there to hype them up.

I like that it's based on the Sakibure, but hate that they had to slap a Gundam face on it.
Also, 3 GN Drives. I mean really? At least with Alejandro sticking like 15 GN Drive Tau on the Alvaaron it was because he was an over-the-top villain going full cheese for the finale, but with this you just know they're going to pull some Tri-Drive System *** that'll be even more hax than the Twin Drive was in 00.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 10:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
While I was living in Japan during college, I lived in an 8 tatami mat room (with a roommate), which isn't much bigger than what's in that video Schizm.

Only time I lived with a roommate in college too, which is ok because my first roommate was from British Columbia in Canada and my 2nd was from Australia.

Man that was the best time of my life....

Yeah I had a chance to work there but I would of lived with family and just stay in Tokyo during the week. It was going to be expensive as hell though if I got an apartment there, even if I lived in one that was strictly foreigners.
Food and travel is super cheap in Japan, but having just one room without a bathroom is very expensive.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 10:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Once in my life, I would love to live on a houseboat for an extended (more than a month) period of time. Just to experience it.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-15 10:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 10:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 10:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably matters where you are looking also. From what I remember the apartment in Tokyo was around $2,000 a month and it was probably the same size or even smaller like 5 tatami mats. I really can't remember but that was back in '97.
I don't know about you, but $2k a month rent would get you a large ranch here in Texas....

I don't think many places in San Antonio rents for over $1k a month, and that would be near downtown too....

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-15 10:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In summer, rio de janeiro is an inhospitable place to live!
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to do online research on renting flats in Japan as part of an interest, to see where I could relocate to, in order to visit the best number of cultural heritage sites.

I've seen places advertised on Gaijinpot.com that rent at super discounted prices to foreigners, even in prime locations. Usually apartments, but they were pretty nice, and some sites even did a virtual/webcam tour of the apartment, and could select the room you wanted see, which came with a recording of the room's features and local amenities.

I think the lowest price for a high end apartment was 1,800 a month (us), while the lower end (but still nice) apartment locations ranged from 590-1200.

This was about 14 years ago while I was still in school.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-15 10:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 leo
By leo 2015-01-15 10:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Some people here do the whole "back in my days" things way too often. And you're all aroud 30ish, how grumpy are you gonna be in 40 years?

Back in my day, I remember when everyone said the "controller" versus the joystick would never get popular.

>.< I was one of them also....

But this is also when the Sega Master System was out and the Nintendo NES was just breaking ground. I did like the fact the sega controller was a 9-pin and just used that with my C64.

You know that SEGA, Commodore and a lot of other computers/companies just copied that connector standard from Atari ? (lol)

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 10:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on the location, but yes, many of those places will require some kind of business support, work visa, or a person in the residential area as a sponsor.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 10:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, finally on The Gates mission of chapter 4 of the Adoulin Mission line.
 leo
By leo 2015-01-15 10:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
In summer, rio de janeiro is an inhospitable place to live!

You don't live in Rio in summer. You MELT.

Welcome to 45 degrees Celsius (113f) 80% humidity greenhouse.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-15 11:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I still don't understand how Japanese anime/manga fans enjoy a series that has such insane amounts of stupid

There's this new anime adaption of a light novel or whatever called "shinmai maou no testament" and the chick wakes her new stepbrother up by sitting on him and then she starts grinding to make him get up and of course she falls off the bed and he gets up and falls down on top of her

Later she takes a bath and gets dizzy and *** collapses and he enters to see if she's okay and of course she's naked

Even later she forms a master-servant thing with him and it gets reversed so he's the master instead and if she shows disloyalty she gets 'cursed' by the magic (which was made with the magic of a succubus) and starts getting super horny and the only way to stop it is for him to fondle her ***

What the *** kind of retard would enjoy this ***? WHY would they adapt this instead of something that has a great story and would likely make them feel proud of their work after adapting it? I would never want my name associated with garbage like this; I'd rather be the person who adapts something great, even if it doesn't sell as much.

I really don't understand Japanese fans, how they can go nuts over this garbage instead of something with a really good story, characters with depth, and a world that is rich in detail. Not just a bunch of stupid fanservice.

not as stupid as the
"guy goes to school for the 1st day, and meets a special girl on the way to school. He is unique and special, ends with a harem on day one."
atleast 2 ***series like this this season. wat.

Bit late but when he goes to school in episode 2 (I downloaded both before I noticed how ***it is but forced myself through what I downloaded lol) he meets some blue hared chick that he apparently knew 5 years earlier but couldn't recognize and she hugs him immediately (in front of everyone)

So... it's kinda that lol

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 11:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the 17 chapters of it that were released.

I haven't looked into the anime yet, but the manga doesn't seem any near as potato as you described the anime adaptation, so I guess i'll have to judge it for myself some day.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 11:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Word for the wise, don't do Netflix at all. Hulu or gtfo.

Netflix has like a couple dozen anime series, while Hulu has hundreds...

*currently watching Detective Conan when home from work*
First Page 2 3 ... 16262 16263 16264 ... 22591 22592 22593