Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16261 16262 16263 ... 22576 22577 22578
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-01-15 09:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
It's rare form to see Leon bad-mouthing anything Gundam related.
Yeah, I don't really get much opportunity to talk ***about Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny these days without Skull around. :<

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
waifu-bait
So, is she hooked or tied to the pole?
She is one with the pole. Like some kind of anglerfish.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 09:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Kikkoman makes a Sriracha sauce??
Ever found or tried the Tobasco soy sauce? I've been looking for it but can't find it. The Asian market near me doesn't even have it.

Just scanned online for retailers, guess Walmart has it.
Ones here don't.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-01-15 09:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its just normal Copperbell Mines but I did the whole thing w/o casting a single heal. Got all 3 Commendations >.>
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 09:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

<(O.o)> Just been organizing my grocery list today.

I don't really say it's penny pinching but just trying to find out which store is the best one to go to for the items I need.

I try to keep myself on a strict budget when I can, so I need to figure out how to get my grocery done with spending the least money.
Stay out of Whole Foods.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 09:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are penny pinching, it's best to stay out of most stores nationally owned "health food/farmer market" types.

Best grocery store I have been to is only located in South/Central Texas.....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-15 09:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people here do the whole "back in my days" things way too often. And you're all aroud 30ish, how grumpy are you gonna be in 40 years?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 09:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are penny pinching, it's best to stay out of most stores nationally owned "health food/farmer market" types.

Kroger seems to add to their prices unless you have a Kroger card. Like, something that costs $2.99 everywhere is $5.00 at Kroger but $2.99 with a Kroger card. They call that 'savings'.

This is why we just go to Walmart when we go to Little Rock.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-01-15 09:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You want to be a penny pincher for food join the Navy. They have specialized tax free stores. Everything is super cheap it's insane. Not to mention since it's for the Navy they cater to a lot of different nations foods.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Some people here do the whole "back in my days" things way too often. And you're all aroud 30ish, how grumpy are you gonna be in 40 years?
Back in my day when you said 'Back in my day' you were around 50 you whipper snapper!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 09:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I like going to a place called ALDI, they don't have everything a grocery store does, but they have store brand stuff that is pretty much the same as name brand, sometimes better, cheap as hell. Their bread is the best packaged and sliced bread I've found and each loaf is just $1.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 09:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kroger seems to add to their prices unless you have a Kroger card. Like, something that costs $2.99 everywhere is $5.00 at Kroger but $2.99 with a Kroger card. They call that 'savings'.

Next time you come to Texas (well, anywhere south of Waco), stop at a HEB. I can't vouch for that specific store, but the ones in San Antonio and surrounding area is pretty well stocked and cheap (Walmart and HEB always have price wars here).

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
You want to be a penny pincher for food join the Navy. They have specialized tax free stores. Everything is super cheap it's insane. Not to mention since it's for the Navy they cater to a lot of different nations foods.
All branches of the military are like that, the Navy is the most diverse though.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 09:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some markets around where I live that the grocery stores are substandard versus the bigger names. But their fruit might not be picture perfect (a bruise here and there, not bright orange) but they taste better and are usually half the cost of name stores.

Plus I try to always pick up certain items if the sale is really good and it's not perishable. So really on days like today, it's getting meats and bread. Also I try to keep track of my manufactured coupons since most places will take them with their sales. There's times I am buying Tombstone Pizzas, sale and coupon and only spending $2 a pizza.
I find that smaller grocery stores here in Texas (outside of HEB and Walmart), their fruit tend to be more spoiled. And everything else is overpriced. They are more of a larger convenience store than a grocery store.

But while I was living in foreign countries, mainly Japan and Germany, what's considered a large grocery store would be considered as a larger convenience store here in the US....

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 09:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm grumpy at 32! I'm going to be Super Grumpy at 40.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 09:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time you come to Texas (well, anywhere south of Waco), stop at a HEB. I can't vouch for that specific store, but the ones in San Antonio and surrounding area is pretty well stocked and cheap (Walmart and HEB always have price wars here).
I've been in an HEB, I think there was one in Mt. Pleasant, TX. Or maybe it was in Pampa we went in one. I don't remember where.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 09:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in an HEB, I think there was one in Mt. Pleasant, TX. Or maybe it was in Pampa we went in one. I don't remember where.
Damn, I didn't know they go that far up north. I thought Waco was the furthest they went up (I know that Dallas doesn't have a HEB, their loss).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 09:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I forgot to mention this, but we did learn one thing from that baked potato thread.

Bloodrose knows more about small businesses than I originally thought.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 09:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

But while I was living in foreign countries, mainly Japan and Germany, what's considered a large grocery store would be considered as a larger convenience store here in the US....

Yeah 7-11 in Japan is a main spot for quick pick up. People don't realize how much a store brand varies in other countries.
I'd like to try some JP 7-11 food.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-15 09:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If ya don't have a harem you're no one, hmpf!
some harem shows are nice to watch once in a while.

but when you see a couple of shows which are basically the same one, with different characters and not even good art....
something is wrong.

Leon Kasai said: »
do all 3 of them break appart, and for Gundam Rayquaza?

I also dont like this grasshopper gundam :/

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-15 09:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Those buns, nikuman? I got one once from the Asian market that was ground pork, onions, and a hard-boiled egg in the middle. Was good.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 09:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah 7-11 in Japan is a main spot for quick pick up. People don't realize how much a store brand varies in other countries.
I'd like to try some JP 7-11 food.
It's not bad to be honest.

Meat buns are the best!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16261 16262 16263 ... 22576 22577 22578