Advice On Easy Attainable Ws Gear ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Advice on easy attainable ws gear ?
Advice on easy attainable ws gear ?
First Page 2 3
By MiavPigen 2010-08-17 05:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current WS Gear

ATM im trying to get through the "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat Missions" scenario to get "Champion's Galea" with the following augments:
STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy +15
DEX+4 Increases Critical Hit Damage (+2%)
Insteda when WS'ing "Raging Rush"

Is the loss of 1str & 7atk worth the 4dex, increased WS acc & criticcal hit damage ?

Do yo have any other suggestion for easily attainable ws gear?

By easy i men attainable by pt only and not 100k gil+ stuff.
ATM im partying alot with my BF and his bestfriend and sometimes another of his friends

WAR80 (me)
DRG80 or THF80 (BF)
RDM80 or WHM80 or DRG75 (BF's best friend)
SAM80 (The other friend)
 Asura.Aeinaitch
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Aeinaitch 2010-08-17 05:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

WS Gorget go
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-17 05:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest the Champ's Galea with STR+4 WS acc +15 and WS DMG +2%, as it will always influence damage, not just on crits.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 05:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about WAR but.. If it's like DRG, don't get the 4DEX and crit dmg+. The dmg+ will obviously only work on the crits, while the WS DMG+2% would work on weaponskills as a whole, so unless the DEX is pulling you over a 'sweet spot' for crit % I doubt it's worth it, especially since the sweet spot changes with each individual mob.

I'd personally go 4STR WS Acc+15 & 4AGI WS DMG+2%
or 4STR WS acc+15 Acc+10 Atk+5 (Second option is great if acc isn't capped, or if it allows you to eat meat / pizza more easily, but if you're already capped acc then i doubt the 5atk would beat 2% WS dmg). However, like I said I'm no War, not totally sure if it'd beat the perle. As perle has more atk, more str & even vit, which i believe plays a part in SS if you're using that (I hear RR & KJ beat it, but SS still puts out nice dmg?) obviously the Galae wins if you need the acc, though.

Also, if you're tight on gil at moment, you could sell victory ring & buy a ruby and get 30k back.
 Ifrit.Vextra
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 05:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

probably go with acc in the neck slot, chiv chain probably. Maybe a minute earring or whatever the str and dex earring is.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-17 05:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Pretty much this:
Shiva.Daimos said:
I would suggest the Champ's Galea with STR+4 WS acc +15 and WS DMG +2%, as it will always influence damage, not just on crits.

An improvement of +2% critical hit damage is, at best, an increase of .4%, given the cap on critical hit rate is 20%. Even with capped crit rate, you only crit once every other WS on average. And only one hit is likely to crit.

Sure, there will be some freak situations where you'll get a 5x crit or something, but until there's a way to accurately predict exactly when something completely random, and uncommon, like that would happen, I can't recommend wasting an augment on just that.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 05:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Not sure about WAR but.. If it's like DRG, don't get the 4DEX and crit dmg+. The dmg+ will obviously only work on the crits, while the WS DMG+2% would work on weaponskills as a whole, so unless the DEX is pulling you over a 'sweet spot' for crit % I doubt it's worth it, especially since the sweet spot changes with each individual mob.

or 4STR WS acc+15 Acc+10 Atk+5 (Second option is great if acc isn't capped, or if it allows you to eat meat / pizza more easily, but if you're already capped acc then i doubt the 5atk would beat 2% WS dmg). However, like I said I'm no War, not totally sure if it'd beat the perle. As perle has more atk, more str & even vit, which i believe plays a part in SS if you're using that (I hear RR & KJ beat it, but SS still puts out nice dmg?) obviously the Galae wins if you need the acc, though.

Also, if you're tight on gil at moment, you could sell victory ring & buy a ruby and get 30k back.

SC - steel cyclone
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-17 05:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i kind of want to say things, but then i kind of dont
[+]
By MiavPigen 2010-08-17 05:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

@Asura.Aeinaitch:

you have any links for these on ffxiclopedia ?
Im trying to get kubieras bead necklace but i haven found an EU based endgame shell. and all US event takes place when im sleeping >.<
would you still suggest the gorget above the kubieras bead neck ?

@Shiva.Daimos
I looked at the agi+4 and ws dmg+2% augment also.
and yes i think you are right i had my math wrong in my head.

and the acc drop from not having the dex and decres crit rate will not be much abyway

I forgot to mention i play as mithra. if it was not obvious
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-17 05:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would personally use the aforementioned Galea over Perle for RR/KJ, but for Steel Cyclone I'm almost certain Genbu's Kabuto still wins. That however, requires a lil time in sky.

By MiavPigen 2010-08-17 06:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ifrit.Vextra

I have the chiv chain i use it in my tp gear and also swift belt for waist (the only two differences atm between ws and tp)

But loosing 3dex for 5acc. when i get 15 acc on my helmet ?
Im thinkin the lost in crit rate would probably out weight the beenfit from the 5acc. but i might be wrong.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-17 06:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
probably go with acc in the neck slot, chiv chain probably. Maybe a minute earring or whatever the str and dex earring is.

you got something against snow gorget?
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 06:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Shiva.Superdan said:

SC - steel cyclone

My bad, I blame obama.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-17 06:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

15 is not alot

play around with this FFXI Calc
Stat Tab

if u really want to keep dex elsewhere there is always the ws acc+10/acc+10 galea (forget the other 2 stats that come with those acc numbers)

gorgets > k. bead neck
Quote:

Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1 and adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 06:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

...that a serious question lol? figured if they dont have a pcc a ws gorget might be out of reach.
By MiavPigen 2010-08-17 06:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@Fenrir.Krazyrs

Reading up in snow gorget i think its supposed to be read like this

(Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1) and (adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill. )

so its only the acc that is for all hits

if i read up on fTP it says
"Additional hits on the WS (be it from double attack, triple attack, dual wield, or subsequent hits from a multi-hit WS) will always have a fTP of 1.0. "

oh and now i see that of cause 1.0 +0.1 will still be 1.1

O dont quite understand the fTP factor. I know that i get something out of the "wasted" tp if i ws later then at the anchor points.

but how much increased dmg will i recieve from having +0.1 fTP ?

I played around with FFXIcalc and my hit rate seems pretty high but i also use crap sushi as i get alot of it for free now and then (it nice to have good friends)
I use sole sushi when i do important events

I should have wrote my food/race in OP >.<
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 06:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt your capping acc on any of the abyssea mobs even with pizza, so the +acc in the neck slot will only help you.

as far as the ws gorget, from the standpoint of sam using a hagun, snow gorget roughly equates to using a +15 str neck item with gekko just to give you an idea of how good they are.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-17 06:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

...that a serious question lol? figured if they dont have a pcc a ws gorget might be out of reach.

she said gear attainable with a party

if you can't attain a snow gorget with a party ffxi is not the game for you
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-17 06:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

MiavPigen said:

I played around with FFXIcalc and my hit rate seems pretty high but i also use crap sushi as i get alot of it for free now and then (it nice to have good friends)
I use sole sushi when i do important events

yeah uh this is a problem
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 06:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

no offense to the op, but judging by the gear I doubt they could tackle a ufo.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-17 06:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

yeah it's certainly a *** trainwreck, no doubt about that

but if you're rolling with a balanced party with 6 jobs at level 80 i can't imagine it being a problem unless they are just amazingly bad
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 06:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

yeah it's certainly a *** trainwreck, no doubt about that

but if you're rolling with a balanced party with 6 jobs i can't imagine it being a problem unless they are just amazingly bad

well.....i'm not going to talk down about people's gear, because I was there too.

Also, get a erlkin's axe or any 504 GA, get a rose grip(free btw, just takes a little campaign), sub sam and ws in chiv chain and rajas and tahdah you have a 6hit.

edit: um yea you have rajas sooo......brutal earring, get it.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-17 06:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Slightly simplified view on WS gear and food:

Gorgets are the best thing you can WS in (you don't need to understand why, just trust us).

4 STR 15 WSACC, 2% WSDMG, 4 AGI is the best expansion head

Pizza (+1) is the best food in the game, accuracy and attack.

Cap accuracy (95%) on multi hit WS (Raging rush) before doing anything else:
* Look at life/potent/Virtuoso belt
* Maybe an accuracy ring
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-17 06:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:

well.....i'm not going to talk down about people's gear, because I was there too.

Also, get a erlkin's axe or any 504 GA, get a rose grip(free btw, just takes a little campaign), sub sam and ws in chiv chain and raja's and tahdah you have a 6hit.

there's a difference between lack of hard to get gear and not making intelligent decisions with the gear you have at your disposal

but, she's asking for help so it's certainly a step in the right direction

mabye i'll post coherent advice when i wake up tomorrow but it's 7 am and i can't think straight ><

Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax
By Carbuncle.Deathdealerjax 2010-08-17 07:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a warrior but I do know a bit about dmg so here is my advice.

Yay old school raging rush set up.

Everything stars up top. I'd advise start working on a magian GAxe. The trials suck but it is free and you'll see a world of difference. Pick one thats just killing mobs (str/atk gaxe or dex/acc gaxe) or you can go the ws magian route. Takes time but can be solo'd atleast.

crit rate caps at 20%..... from dex vs agility. Any crit rate up gear adds to that... so crit rate up gear is good and will give you the % advertised.

Perle body (and whole set is a decent cheap out for players) good start, since your a raging rush war I advise the Claymore grip. Your only option for MDK hat should be 10 acc 5 atk 15 ws acc 4 str. Looking at your gear... even with capped skill and maxed great axe merits, you'll still need a lot of accuracy to really be satisfied with it.
Instead of merman earring might want to look into the fenrir/vampire combo. Fenrir free from quests and gives you 10 atk during the daytime, Vampire is a little over your 100k price range (or just camp the nm since you have access to the zone) but gives you 4 str 4 vit at night.
Its gonna be hard to trick your war out w/o a decent amount of gil or a ls to back you up but those are a few minor adjustments

Honestly merits will make the biggest difference. For war your order of importance for capping merits should be

GAxe skill> double atk trait> crit rate> warriors charge. Just capping those will give you the biggest difference in dmg over any 1 piece of gear (except maybe 25ws acc mdk hat... mmm sexy)
Also don't look at the difference of 1 piece of gear in comparison to what you have, but instead the overall difference from all the new gear you put in... adds up. Also eat attack food (or pizza), which will also show a huge difference..... you can safely assume your attack will never be capped on anything.... and if it is capped it means your fighting a mob that doesn't matter.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
Server: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 08:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Weapon - Magian Trials weapon (STR/Attack is your best bet)

Grip - Pole Grip, do NOT use Claymore Grip... Seriously... Just don't.

Ranged - That's fine

Head - MKD - 4 STR 15 WSACC, 2% WSDMG, 4 AGI

Neck - Gorget (It's easy, once again, just farm)

Earring - You have Rajas, so means you have access to Limbus. Take your little group of friends, go read Wiki, and read up on the different Limbus zones. Costs 15k per person, split the coins at the end. Use said coins (Ancient Beastcoins) to invest in a Brutal Earring. Seriously, do it... You'll thank me later. Brutal/Assault Earring

Body - For WS... I know that 8 STR on the perle looks enticing, but seriously, go get a nq hauby... You'll see better results.

Hands - No Idea here, I use Heca... I'd say maybe the perle or thick mufflers... No advice here.

Rings - Rajas/STR

Back - You're fine

Waist - Fine

Legs - Decent, aim for Byakko's

Feet - Perle looks decent, aim for Heca...

I think that looks decent, Idk, I just got off work and I'm half asleep, those who actually have WAR leveled/are good at it can tear it apart farther.
By MiavPigen 2010-08-17 10:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thnk you for all the sugestions
i migth not have explained myself probably.

I know there is alot better gear out there ( i didn't think of it aa a trainwrekc though). but it all something that needs time and effort, its in my plan down the road.

Im allready working in my maagian moogle Gaxe trial but waiting for the rdm to catch up so we only need to do the vnms once.
Im going for the bonekiller -> ukonversa route.
Byakko's pants are on the list.
virtuose for tp'ing
The str6+ atk+3(ws) and dex+6 acc+3(tp) ring
and other stuff on the long time plan.

Got lotsa long time stuff on my lost from reading the forum.
i just more just around the corner Gear i was looking for. something i can get now or by "next weekend".

so yes ima do the agi+4 ws dmg+2 helmet insted of dex+4 crit dmg +2. I must have been blind not to see it beeing better. i think i got to focus on str/dex. ( i blame my prior mentor who told my constanly only to use str and atk gear end not haste & acc gear for tp'ing))

also i have looked at the gorgets. and they seems pretty fair easy and fast to, and the best part is, that it kinda removes the kubiera bead neck from my plan, which takes more time.
So easier to come buy and better product... NICE.

Regarding merrits:
i made the faulty assumption i could merrit cap two stats
So i merrited twice in str and once in dex.

Should i remove the dex merrits and go full str or go 4str 1dex merrits ?

Thinking im a mithra with high dex i would probably go full str. also since yakko pants has 15 dex haste 5 (but look D#mn ugly >.< im not a big fan of baggy pants).

Thank you so far from the help
 Sylph.Ashaaman
Server: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 20:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I think you mis-understood... Let's break this down.

For weapon, yes, the bonekiller -> Ukon is the BEST route... However, if you can't spend more than 100k on a piece of gear, or have a LS backing you, you won't be able to kill Glavoid 25+ times for your items to complete for Ukon. Just do the STR/ATK GA, it's one of the best, and doesn't require a lot of work.

Don't use Virtuoso belt for TP, go get a swift belt, it's easily solo'd, absolutely no reason you shouldn't have one.

Strigoi ring is nice for WS and is not too hard to get. Right now I'd focus on buying a 5 ACC ring to TP in, or a blitz assuming decent accuracy, seeing as the Dex/Acc ring is very difficult to get(read: for newer players).

Merit wise, I'd go w/ 5 STR, DEX used to be a big factor because @ 75, we could break RR tiers on birds, and throw up huge numbers, but on higher mobs, that's not feasible now. So I'd stick w/ STR.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 20:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

perle body beats out NQ and most times HQ hauby with raging rush use it. I guess most people forget that rr crits and +2% only helps. Perle has more str which realistically since you dont know the agi for most mobs a heavy +str build will produce more consistent numbers.

Ultimately shoot for byakko's and adaman for raging rush
Once you get KJ a full str build will be best.

also can't stress it enough with a 504 GA rose, brutal, and rajas will put you at a 6hit, it's worth it.
[+]
First Page 2 3