Advice On Easy Attainable Ws Gear ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Advice on easy attainable ws gear ?
Advice on easy attainable ws gear ?
 Sylph.Ashaaman
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 20:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DEF:61 STR+8 DEX+4 Accuracy+8 Attack+8 Critical hit rate +2%

vs.

DEF:45 STR+5 DEX+5 AGI-5 Accuracy+10 Attack+10 Evasion-20

As we've already discussed. Their build is Acc light, meaning the added accuracy from hauby will do more over time than the +2% crit rate. Seeing as you can't crit unless you hit the mob... I'd take Hauby any day of the week.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Vextra
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 20:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:

vs.

As we've already discussed. Their build is Acc light, meaning the added accuracy from hauby will do more over time than the +2% crit rate. Seeing as you can't crit unless you hit the mob... I'd take Hauby any day of the week.

well seeing as they dont have byakko's they should be in full perle which has more acc and att then a hauby. I was also referring to the ws phase for using perle body. You can have your hauby NQ and HQ its been proven that unless you have adaman and byakko's perle is better, and even then adaman and byakko's only offer 1 more haste unless you have a HQ dusk piece.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 20:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bro, read the damn thread title... "Advice on easy attainable ws gear?"

When I was mentioning Hauby, it was for WS
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 20:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Bro, read the damn thread title... "Advice on easy attainable ws gear?"

When I was mentioning Hauby, it was for WS

bro read the title, perle is easy to obtain.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 20:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And Hauby isn't...?

And seeing as hauby is better... Easy attainable ws gear, might as well give them the best options.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 20:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously guys? 20k for hauby, 10k for perle... Hauby's better... If you're penny pinching this much, this isn't the game for you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 20:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Seriously guys? 20k for hauby, 10k for perle... Hauby's better... If you're penny pinching this much, this isn't the game for you.

Hauby is not better, perle wipes the floor with NQ hauby and rivals/beats HQ, its not 2008 anymore move on.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 20:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ah! So now we are judging people and not gear? I can see the player warning threads now!!!!! :P

I already have one, look under sylph.

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

Hauby is not better, perle wipes the floor with NQ hauby and rivals/beats HQ, its not 2008 anymore move on.

Explain to me how Perle is better.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 20:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I already have, but fine since you seem unable to grasp it,

hauby NQ
5 str/dex 10 acc/att

perle body(alone)
8str 4dex 8acc/att +2%crit

one less dex 3 more str and +2% on crits on a ws that can crit
should be eatting pizza/+1 so will be fairly close to acc cap.

why do you think drg use zahaks mail for drakesbane when there are body pieces that offer more str?
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 21:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:

hauby NQ
5 str/dex 10 acc/att

perle body(alone)

why do you think drg use zahaks mail for drakesbane when there are body pieces that offer more str?

It's people like you, that make me dread updates... Lemme give you a tip. Updated gear, doesn't mean it's better. Sure, 3 more STR and +2% on crits on a ws that can crit is all good and well... But if you look at the rest of their gear, even with pizza, on a VT/IT mob or higher to an 80, they won't be at cap. And I can almost guarantee they don't have 8/8 Great Axe merits either. So stop acting like this is a perfect situation, when it's clearly not. Hauby is going to be marginally better, and also, will give more consistent numbers, rather than hoping and praying for a crit to help your DMG.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 21:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

hauby NQ
5 str/dex 10 acc/att

perle body(alone)

It's people like you, that make me dread updates... Lemme give you a tip. Updated gear, doesn't mean it's better. Sure, 3 more STR and +2% on crits on a ws that can crit is all good and well... But if you look at the rest of their gear, even with pizza, on a VT/IT mob or higher to an 80, they won't be at cap. And I can almost guarantee they don't have 8/8 Great Axe merits either. So stop acting like this is a perfect situation, when it's clearly not. Hauby is going to be marginally better, and also, will give more consistent numbers, rather than hoping and praying for a crit to help your DMG.

/sigh you really are a special kind of stupid huh? Full perle is better than most, better than homam with ebody, better on a byakko job that doesnt have byakko's, and its almost better than byakko ebody setup. please stop spreading false and outdated information. If you can't learn this maybe you should play a different game.

edit: bet you still use a perdu weapon too
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 21:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you keep going back to TPing? I'm not putting perle down for TP. This thread is about WS, and you're calling me stupid? I don't get it... Really, I don't.

And actually, if you wanna break it down, I prefer Rune Chopper on my WAR.
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-17 21:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:

/sigh you really a special kind of stupid huh? Full perle is better than most, better than homam with ebody, better on a byakko job that doesnt have byakko's, and its almost better than byakko ebody setup. please stop spreading false and outdated information. If you can't learn this maybe you should play a different game.

Don't insult people and say stuff like this in the same post :(
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 21:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Why do you keep going back to TPing? I'm not putting perle down for TP. This thread is about WS, and you're calling me stupid? I don't get it... Really, I don't.

perle body is better to ws in as well, could have sworn I said that already.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 21:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

/sigh you really a special kind of stupid huh? Full perle is better than most, better than homam with ebody, better on a byakko job that doesnt have byakko's, and its almost better than byakko ebody setup. please stop spreading false and outdated information. If you can't learn this maybe you should play a different game.

it's true
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 21:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

***'s situational since you won't listen... We'll leave it at that. Situationally, when acc is capped, sure. But NQ, and HQ for sure, Hauby will win when acc isn't capped. Which will be most of the time in this case.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-17 21:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 21:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

***'s situational since you won't listen... We'll leave it at that. Situationally, when acc is capped, sure. But NQ, and HQ for sure, Hauby will win when acc isn't capped. Which will be most of the time in this case.

fine we can leave it at that, it's hard to argue with ignorant people. OP dont ws in NQ hauby, perle or HQ hauby.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-08-17 21:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

full perle is inferior to haub(+1)/byakko's. how would it even begin to compare with ebody/byakko's?

perle vs haub for ws depends on the ws, the mobs you're fighting, etc. since you NEED perle body for tping anyway (full set), i would just use that, since the difference is probably marginal and situational.
[+]
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-17 21:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

it's true

Oh haste wru
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 21:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

fine we can leave it at that, it's hard to argue with ignorant people. OP dont ws in NQ hauby, perle or HQ hauby.

Bro, if you're going to keep calling me ignorant, atleast take the TP set out of your item sets that shows you TPing in Domaru, really, that's when you lost all credibility for me. Also; inb4it's a 5-hit, yeah, Idc, it's a domaru.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 21:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

Bro, if you're going to keep calling me ignorant, atleast take the TP set out of your item sets that shows you TPing in Domaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, really, that's when you lost all credibility for me. Also; inb4it's a 5-hit, yeah, Idc, it's a domaru.

Bro, I dont have askar body or usu body so domaru is the only way for me to 5hit without getting goading belt. Only called you ignorant once btw. Want to continue this argument?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-08-17 21:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

Bro, if you're going to keep calling me ignorant, atleast take the TP set out of your item sets that shows you TPing in Domaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, really, that's when you lost all credibility for me. Also; inb4it's a 5-hit, yeah, Idc, it's a domaru.

Bro, I dont have askar body or usu body so domaru is the only way for me to 5hit without getting goading belt. Only called you ignorant once btw. Want to continue this argument?

I'm kinda bored, so

situationally;

Perle body for WS if capped Acc.

Hauby if not capped for Acc.

Raging rush is 3+ hits... You want to land the hits.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-17 21:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

it's true

Oh haste wru
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

vs.

well seeing as they dont have byakko's they should be in full perle which has more acc and att then a hauby. I was also referring to the ws phase for using perle body. You can have your hauby NQ and HQ its been proven that unless you have adaman and byakko's perle is better, and even then adaman and byakko's only offer 1 more haste unless you have a HQ dusk piece.
[+]
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-17 21:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

it's true

Oh haste wru
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

vs.

If you have an ebody and can't afford hq dusk feet you really need to rethink your priorities on this game.