First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-04-27 11:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I have to ask, how does mugging the mob *** up the fight? I mug the hell out of Gods right when they're popped and it's NEVER EVER a problem.

Once the God is popped, First action performed pulls hate.
Popper doesn't have enough hate to hold the simplest of actions.
If you mug before a Flash goes off... it will pull hate.

in the case that I was referring too... before ANYTHING happened he mugged.
Chain reaction followed.
Mob turned due to mug, thus SATA was never landed.
Trying to line up real fast, another SATA missed
Etc, Etc, Etc

Get it?

But the point of the Story was that fact that the THF actually beleived MUG enhanced Treasure Hunter...
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-04-27 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop rates. You know, the 5% or less drop rates. The ones that almost make you think the item doesn't exist. The ones that some people spend a year of their lives trying to get.

Most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***ever.
 Bismarck.Caio
Server: Bismarck
user: Caiociao
By Bismarck.Caio 2010-04-27 11:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonmarc...nuff said.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 11:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When i started FFXI recently, i NPC'd everything, then found out about the Auction House >.>; and finding out crystal stacks go for alot (i was a newb, i only had what 2k? so 400/stack was *** epic) then finding out silk threads were worth 1k each >.>;;;
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-04-27 11:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's not just me on Lamina then? I'm like 0/31 on the ring right now, but I got the other ring 1/3.

WTF? Playing this game might be the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***ever.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2010-04-27 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Caio said:
Leonmarc...nuff said.
Guess it's a good thing for me that I haven't ran into him yet.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-27 11:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

75 THF telling me (my thf being only 63ish at the moment) that headlong belt is better than swift because of the attack, cause "thf isn't a real DD and needs all the boost to attack you can get, like for ws's" and then telling me I'd understand when my thf was 75. Warwolf belt macro swap, heard of it?
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-04-27 11:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Had one happen just the other day in a level sync party in Xarc S. Guy was nuking in full HMP gear( Blizzard III in dark staff is pure win.) After the third or 4th time he hit ~70 on a tier III I found a replacement. What was great about it was when he brought a friend to camp on us to "teach us a lesson" and started nuking the tigers with massive amount of damage(~1200 damage lol) on their AM2s.
who was the guy? i bet i know them somehow XD

Names was Homebent (Douche Number 1) and Jitu(Douche number 2)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 11:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I find very few people understand macro swaps.

I've ran into SAM's who TP in full str gear because it makes WS' better >.>
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Had one happen just the other day in a level sync party in Xarc S. Guy was nuking in full HMP gear( Blizzard III in dark staff is pure win.) After the third or 4th time he hit ~70 on a tier III I found a replacement. What was great about it was when he brought a friend to camp on us to "teach us a lesson" and started nuking the tigers with massive amount of damage(~1200 damage lol) on their AM2s.
who was the guy? i bet i know them somehow XD
Names was Homebent (Douche Number 1) and Jitu(Douche number 2)
omg
i DO know them

and they really are douches.
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-04-27 11:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shayka said:
I've seen a few HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE things >.> My bazaar comment says something about examining me won't help you figure out what I am, so naturally people guess, I was /healing in Buburimu once, someone examined me and mind you I was obviously a DRG [what other job gets a wyvern afterall?] And he sends me a /tell "You're a WAR!" Dead serious. Another time also in Buburimu [should avoid this place maybe] Again on DRG, running through there, had someone yell at me to "disengage the dragon" because "he wanted to kill it and save me" I'm like "I'm a Dragoon? Thats my pet?" "So I can't kill it?" "...no" RDM during a Dyna-Jeuno run had macroed his tele spells apparently, teleport-holla'd the tank party -.- While trying to hit his refresh macro apparently, I have more, just need to grab screenshots/remember from memory, heh.
that happened in Limbus in my shell a couple months ago. it wasn't macroed but the guys still teleported himself and 2 others away. Least we still won the run.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-04-27 12:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive seen lots of rdms wearing Ebon bodies..I mean really wtf
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-04-27 12:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite is the continual number of people that don't understand SATA setup at any level. It doesn't matter if I'm in Citadel, Nest, Caves or Desert, I continually find people that don't know how to interact with a THF. For being the 7th most popular job in the game you'd think more people would get it.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 12:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
My favorite is the continual number of people that don't understand SATA setup at any level. It doesn't matter if I'm in Citadel, Nest, Caves or Desert, I continually find people that don't know how to interact with a THF. For being the 7th most popular job in the game you'd think more people would get it.
honestly, as a whm i don't pay attention much when there's a thf in the party lol
i keep seeing people yell about SATA setup. what's the big deal on it? (teach me =D)
 Fairy.Pwrless
Server: Fairy
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrless 2010-04-27 12:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to an XP party in caedarva mire as WHM for lvl 67. Forgot to change my Drunken Teleport macros back to XP party macro. When I hit CTRL10 for silena, it happen to be my WARP macro. So I warped to WG by mistake and people were like WTF LULZ.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-04-27 12:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I have to ask, how does mugging the mob *** up the fight? I mug the hell out of Gods right when they're popped and it's NEVER EVER a problem.
Once the God is popped, First action performed pulls hate. Popper doesn't have enough hate to hold the simplest of actions. If you mug before a Flash goes off... it will pull hate. in the case that I was referring too... before ANYTHING happened he mugged. Chain reaction followed. Mob turned due to mug, thus SATA was never landed. Trying to line up real fast, another SATA missed Etc, Etc, Etc Get it? But the point of the Story was that fact that the THF actually beleived MUG enhanced Treasure Hunter...

Isn't that why you have 1 pld pop and 1 flash?

Normally all Thf and /Thf mug it as soon as it pops. But still the Mug enhancing TH is funny.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-04-27 12:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen a SMN/BST, claim that they "can't ever die" because as soon as their avatar is gone they just charm another mob to continue fighting :/ The same person would much rather dual wield swords on main job ninja due to the fact that his katanas aren't leveled up. YET AGAIN the same person says that not being allowed into an xp party as WAR/RDM is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-04-27 12:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When I started playing for the first time in 2004, I leveled RDM to 30 with a MNK 11 sub....

As for others, I always thought the people who try and have relationships in the game were pretty ridiculous. They're usually the bubbly tween types too, which is extra annoying.
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-04-27 12:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said:
I have seen a SMN/BST, claim that they "can't ever die" because as soon as their avatar is gone they just charm another mob to continue fighting :/ The same person would much rather dual wield swords on main job ninja due to the fact that his katanas aren't leveled up. YET AGAIN the same person says that not being allowed into an xp party as WAR/RDM is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Wouldn't happen to be Mektar would it?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-27 12:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Caio said:
Leonmarc...nuff said.

cure me k
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-04-27 12:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
Leviathan.Jekyll said:
Wouldn't happen to be Mektar would it?

No, lol, I do not recall the name correctly but its either Dogalucard or Dogmcwoody.
 Ragnarok.Tristons
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tristons
By Ragnarok.Tristons 2010-04-27 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few things that I can think of off the top of my head. The first being when I started the game on my original char on Cerberus I spent 2 hours talking to the NPC running back and forth in West Ronfuare thinking it would prevent Sandy from getting ahead in the conquest tally. Another a friend of mine who has blm 74 doesnt have a single T3 spell or sleep spell besides plain old sleep. I've seen someone call for help a few times in sky on Byakko. A friend who quit the game has twice sleepga'd the darters while we were low manning Nidhogg and even 1 time called for help on a darter so someone could diaga them. I've seen someone warp out excited that they got a K ore before they even lotted it.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 12:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a few folks full time melee in hecatomb before. Makes me a sad panda.
 Shiva.Wynter
user: Wynter
By Shiva.Wynter 2010-04-27 12:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe some great stuff in here!!

Back when i first started the game i reached level 50 with my hubby, we couldnt understand why we couldnt get anymore exp....we asked somebody and they said they didnt know ( I bet they where laughing at us lol) My other half called a GM and asked what was wrong with the EXP, he said go speak to Maat, I said to my husband its lies who the *** is Maat? Omg the shame. Anyhow we did speak to Maat lol and the rest is history!! I have since learned to read up on Wiki :D
 Cerberus.Arteus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2010-04-27 12:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

vigor
[+]
 Bismarck.Caio
user: Caiociao