Whose All Stayin' On This Game Even When FFXIV Comes Out?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-03-29 11:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I got mixed feelin' about FFXIV atm I might just wait until it comes out for the 360 until I get it. Cause I'm not in the mood for buying a ps3/pc just for one game rofl. Besides this game is still heck of fun to me. Anyways tho anyone planing on stayin' here too even after the launch of the new game?
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-03-29 11:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

@
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Server: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-03-29 11:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive dedicated enough of my time to SE to deal with their aggravation and *** to have to deal with it all over again. FFXIV/SE _|_ you can have this.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2010-03-29 11:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hatekhaos said:
Ive dedicated enough of my time to SE to deal with their aggravation and *** to have to deal with it all over again. FFXIV/SE _|_ you can have this.

my thoughts exactly
[+]
 Phoenix.Atikin
Server: Phoenix
user: Atikin
By Phoenix.Atikin 2010-03-29 11:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/
[+]
By Firewind 2010-03-29 11:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rusko said:
Hades.Hatekhaos said:
my thoughts exactly
SO True... Ditto!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-29 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really sure how anyone can possibly have made their mind up about this (except for the people that will play FFXIV even if it's a steaming pile of poo because they play all FF games, like myself...). The game isn't even due to be released until late this year or early this year, that's a long time away. You have no idea what the game will be like, and you have no idea what level 99 will make FFXI like. Just wait and see and don't judge a book by what you hear the cover might look like.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-29 11:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I agree, one MMO is enough for me, I don't think I can do this again.
I'll see if I can find myself a life. :D
[+]
By Antonaki 2010-03-29 11:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If 14 leaves to much oppotunity for RMT infiltration then i doubt i will play it after the alpha/beta but i guess once they release the client i will find out. im interested to see how they have done it and tbh 11 was becomgin very dull.. its only the new trials and NMs that have given me a little pick me up
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-29 11:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm planning on staying around for a while. XD
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-29 11:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Best advice I can give anyone is this: Don't buy a game at release. It will be buggy, unbalanced, and overall irritating. You're better off waiting for awhile to see how things pan out.

That being said, I'm not starting over for a 4th MMO. Unless it looks awesome.
[+]
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-03-29 11:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out??

Who knows? I will definitely give FFXIV a try. If it's terrible, then I will probably come back to FFXI. With the level cap and other new stuff it looks like FFXI will be around for a long, long time.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-29 11:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I will still play this game, and as of right now I have no intentions of making the jump to 14.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-03-29 12:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting until the Alpha/Beta tests to make a final decision about it :/
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-29 12:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Best advice I can give anyone is this: Don't buy a game at release. It will be buggy, unbalanced, and overall irritating. You're better off waiting for awhile to see how things pan out.

The general case is pretty much this. Even after a long alpha and beta bugs still remain and content is mainly not finished yet. In most cases it is adviceable to wait after the first or second patch after release so u get at least a bit off what you're paying for. Personally, i always felt ffxi was a great community game and unless ffxiv won't get me close to this feeling i have with ffxi i wont bother playing it.

Nonetheless, ffxiv looks promising graphically.. the problem is just that by experience you can tell that high graphic makes games suffer in story/content and that is the point where i hope SE does it right.. other than that: wait and watch.

Asura.Dameshi said:
That being said, I'm not starting over for a 4th MMO. Unless it looks awesome.

Even then i wouldnt.
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
I'm waiting until the Alpha/Beta tests to make a final decision about it :/

dont do that - just dont. Alpha and beta opinions - they are worth nothing. Besides the only opinions u will hear once the client is downloadable and ppl logged in the first time are topics like "What WoW has done better lolz" or "eww this sux" without even have the brain of opening wikipedia for 2 mins and read what an alpha or beta rly is, because then one will clearly see why judging a game from an alpha or beta wont work.

Normally a MMO after release needs a full year to get good (if at all) - that's my experience - but of course some companies are able to always fk it up (hai2youAgeOfConan).

Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-29 12:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

14 doesn't have a leveling system based on experience or points. That alone is a big plus in my book.

Out with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE numbers above peoples heads.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-03-29 12:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a QA tester at another company and I'm one of the testers for XIV when the client becomes available, so I know what an Alpha and a Beta are.

I'm not basing my decision on graphics or bugs, but the user interface and how it will impact community play. If I don't like the way the interface is set up or changed until release, I probably won't pay for it because interface is one of those things that almost never changes after a release to the general public is made.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-29 12:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
14 doesn't have a leveling system based on experience or points. That alone is a big plus in my book.

Out with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE numbers above peoples heads.
That is personally a turn off for me. I love the classic leveling system.
[+]
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-03-29 12:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

/

Even though i'm a Beta/Alpha tester i made my decision before i even applied to stay on FFXI even if i jump to XIV, just would have to juggle each around.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-29 12:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:

I recently tested Darkfall and i was in the open beta of Mortal Online aswell. Me myself being a former UO player too i rly look forward of getting a skillbased game made by SE within the ff-series.
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-29 12:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:

Yea, everyone his/her own. Tho tbh i feel the MMO-genre is filled up with this kind of system and a lot of ppl got tired with it since even developers find it hard to get new ideas.

Personally i love classic leveling systems too, tho a fresh wind is always welcome.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-03-29 12:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI for life. lol No but seriously I plan on staying. I just really like the game and all it offers. So much for me to do still.. plus I have friends here. Part of me likes meeting new people but it sucks too. Tired of redundancy. "Hi! I'm blah blah, and I like this and that" ...*** that I've said it enough times already. I'm thinking FFXI might be my last MMO... yeah they're awesome but my life has completely changed after playing FFXI. I'm a new person on so many levels now. New views about life and new perspectives on true human nature. ...I'm not so sure the *** is worth experiencing in another game. At least for me it's not.

Unless they have a Drk or Blu-esque class that pwns the ***out of everything with over 9000 damage don't expect me to move to FFIV.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-29 12:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

As long as it offers enjoyable leveling I really don't mind.
[+]
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2010-03-29 12:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the increased level cap will kill FFXI. After that the switch should be obvious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Darkmod
Server: Leviathan
user: darkmod
By Leviathan.Darkmod 2010-03-29 12:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on the side of the fence where I can't believe why anyone wouldn't make the switch. I'll be getting XIV as soon as I possibly can, and playing it as long as I possibly can.
[+]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-03-29 13:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm staying. I'm not interested in starting over. The new level cap and all the other stuff is going to change this game just enough to keep it interesting, imo, and I get to keep my character, too.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-29 13:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

/

Gonna make an account and get my character name ready first though. Then I'll just cancel the account and continue playing FFXI til I feel content with what I've done or all my buddies leave >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-03-29 13:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
I'm planning on staying around for a while. XD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-29 13:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll stay until I deem the game dead enough to justify moving MMO's.

(I give it 2-3 months after XIV is released)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
Server: Gilgamesh
user: aerokii
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2010-03-29 13:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm going to stay in FFXI for a while just because there's so much I have yet to do here. Levelling my NPC, finishing all the missions for each expansion, basically exploring everything of the game I can.

I know it's impossible to really "Beat" an MMO, but I'm not quitting XI until I've seen all I can or I'm too bored to continue.
First Page 2 3 4 5