Whose All Stayin' On This Game Even When FFXIV Comes Out?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Alexander.Elkhorn
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2010-03-29 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going to juggle the game around when i finish the current un updated or expanded content. i will go back to ffxi.
Bismarck.Corolie said:
I got mixed feelin' about FFXIV atm I might just wait until it comes out for the 360 until I get it.

SE has already anounced that FFXIV will not be released for the 360.

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
14 doesn't have a leveling system based on experience or points. That alone is a big plus in my book. Out with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE numbers above peoples heads.

I like this they are making an attempt to take out the grind from some of their games. like FFXIII theres really no grind if. IF you know how to set up your characters right. I just hope they add more jobs than what they already have posted.. the jobs look very bland.
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-03-29 13:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan on staying. Lancer does NOT = Dragoon. Can't see myself without Nanaja trailing behind me. That being said, this was my first...and probably last mmo.
 Hades.Rowec
Server: Hades
user: Rowec
By Hades.Rowec 2010-03-29 13:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to XIV, but not the price. I figured out the cost of XI and it was a bit unsettling lol.

FFXI/Zilart:------------$49.99
lolguide:---------------$19.99
Promathia:------------$29.99
ToAU:-------------------$29.99
WoG:-------------------$29.99
x2 Mini Expansions:---$19.98
5 years of play:------$837.00 ($13.95mo)
-------------------------------
Grand total:----------$1016.93

Most expensive game I have ever played.

[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-29 13:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Rowec said:
Looking forward to XIV, but not the price. I figured out the cost of XI and it was a bit unsettling lol.

Also consider, how many new games did you not buy because you were playing FFXI instead? With that in mind, I think FFXI saved me money instead of buying $50-60 new games every month.
[+]
 Hades.Rowec
Server: Hades
user: Rowec
By Hades.Rowec 2010-03-29 13:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I still bought plenty of other games, it didn't keep me from buying anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-29 13:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Elkhorn said:
Im going to juggle the game around when i finish the current un updated or expanded content. i will go back to ffxi.
Bismarck.Corolie said:
I got mixed feelin' about FFXIV atm I might just wait until it comes out for the 360 until I get it.

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
14 doesn't have a leveling system based on experience or points. That alone is a big plus in my book. Out with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE numbers above peoples heads.

I like this they are making an attempt to take out the grind from some of their games. like FFXIII theres really no grind if. IF you know how to set up your characters right. I just hope they add more jobs than what they already have posted.. the jobs look very bland.

They've announced it will be released on the 360.

Source
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-29 13:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If 14 turns out to be more action/adventure based like the offline FF's and less of a grind then 11 then I say 14 all the way!

If 14 turns out to be a immersive game with more then just auto attacking then I'd rather do that then sit in WG waiting for a pt only to go kill tucan sam Colibri for 3 hours.
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Banefulsamurai 2010-03-29 13:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I probably won't get FFXIV right away. The system requirements alone make my laptop cry. I have a PS3, but I'd rather have the mobility of a laptop than my PS3. If the game turns out to be better than I'm expecting it to be, then that's when I'll make my decision.
 Seraph.Sigmund
Premium
Server: Seraph
user: Sigmund
By Seraph.Sigmund 2010-03-29 13:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I intend on playing XI until I am completely bored. At that point I will put down MMO's all together for the RL. I still enjoy many aspects and the simplicity of interface of the game. FFxi has made a very lasting impression on me although I do wish that I wasn't so addicted to the game.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-29 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Hades.Rowec said:

Also consider, how many new games did you not buy because you were playing FFXI instead? With that in mind, I think FFXI saved me money instead of buying $50-60 new games every month.

1016$ is still pretty damn cheap for 5 years of entertainment and meeting the good friends i have. We still play other games together too so i can't complain.

But yeah i plan to try out XIV but won't ever quit XI until they stop supporting it fully and shut down the servers :P
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-03-29 13:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill stay in this game as long as i have fun in it.

Even if they turn me into a mid level plyer, with mid level gear and say i have to do tons of boring quests/tasks to get decent HL gear.

But i will not go back to do boring things just to have this or that gear, no matter how good it is.

Most players with 2+ years already had to do stupid quests like magicite so we could ride a plane. (just an example, we all had something that bored us)

So FFXIV will not make me quit FFXI, but SE might! If they make it really boring to get new stuff...
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2010-03-29 13:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Not really sure how anyone can possibly have made their mind up about this (except for the people that will play FFXIV even if it's a steaming pile of poo because they play all FF games, like myself...). The game isn't even due to be released until late this year or early this year, that's a long time away. You have no idea what the game will be like, and you have no idea what level 99 will make FFXI like. Just wait and see and don't judge a book by what you hear the cover might look like.

has nothing to do with judging a book by its cover. its having no desire what so ever to start from scratch no matter how good the game is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-03-29 13:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to play both for the first month and then make my decision.....

who am I kidding, I'm going to probably play 14 and quit this game. Time to put the old horse down.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Andras
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-03-29 13:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm undecided, if FFXIV is a flop i'll stay and play forever...

If ffxiv is good... then i'll probly stop playing this alltogether
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-03-29 13:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll stick with 11. From the looks of 14, It just isn't doing it for me. Same races, the job and leveling system is a huge change up from anything else I've ever played. I'd of been a little more excited if it had be a completely new game but alas they're recycling ***already. Originality still counts for something.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-29 14:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
Bismarck.Corolie said:

Sylph.Beelshamen said:

They've announced it will be released on the 360.

Source

It’s confirmation when Square-Enix or Microsoft announces it.

You just linked to a blog, it's not even close to a confirmation.

Oh, and I don't doubt that it WILL come to the 360 eventually. It's just a matter of WHEN.
 Fairy.Tussilo
Server: Fairy
user: Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2010-03-29 14:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already decided I'm not going anywhere near XIV; one MMO is enough for one lifetime, especially if it's played at the rate I have.

That being said I'll probably still be on XI until the day the servers are shut off. I absolutely love this game, but I can't even begin to fathom starting all over again.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-03-29 14:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be sticking with XI until the servers shut down because I've spent 5~ years on this game. There is absolutely no way I could bring myself to leave that all behind and start over. Not to mention the amount of time needed for something like that! I barely have time to play XI some months. >_< That and the majority of the friends I've made over the years will not be moving to XIV, and XI is the only way I can keep in touch with a lot of them. I'd miss them too much to switch games. =/
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-29 14:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not staying with FFXI when FFXIV comes out.

I'm not switching to FFXIV either. I'll side with SE again when they can do something good for a change.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-29 14:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not staying with FFXI when FFXIV comes out.

I'm not switching to FFXIV either. I'll side with SE again when they can do something good for a change.

Party pooper :(
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-29 14:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

Yes, because you know it's not good when you haven't played it yet, right?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-03-29 14:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Siren.Enternius said:

He does have a point though. XI's been out for eight years and SE still can't get things right. Not to mention that over the years it seems like their customer service has gotten worse. (If that's even possible...) Do you honestly expect them to do better the second time?
 Asura.Tagus
Server: Asura
user: tagus
By Asura.Tagus 2010-03-29 14:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tussilo said:
I've already decided I'm not going anywhere near XIV; one MMO is enough for one lifetime, especially if it's played at the rate I have.

That being said I'll probably still be on XI until the day the servers are shut off. I absolutely love this game, but I can't even begin to fathom starting all over again.

pretty much this ^
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-29 14:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I tried switching to that mentality when I decided to buy FF13.
And I was disappointed again.
I'm not saying FF14 won't be any good. I'm just saying I'm not giving it a chance to waste 4 years of my life like FFXI has.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-03-29 14:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No plans to move to FFXIV.

Not sure how much longer I'll keep playing XI. If SE keeps up like they have been the past couple months, probably not much longer.
 Garuda.Ckmasters
Server: Garuda
user: Ckmasters
By Garuda.Ckmasters 2010-03-29 14:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ill be staying as long as they keep the game running.

i dont have a system to play 14 on or the means to acquire one.

also i wouldnt mind seeing SE drop the monthly fee for 11 once 14 comes out

edit: forgot to add, i dont even want to play 14 because they made taru look ridiculous this time around. still looks the best in 11 tho!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-03-29 14:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Ckmasters said:
ill be staying as long as they keep the game running.

i dont have a system to play 14 on or the means to acquire one.

also i wouldnt mind seeing SE drop the monthly fee for 11 once 14 comes out

edit: forgot to add, i dont even want to play 14 because they made taru look ridiculous this time around. still looks the best in 11 tho!
Taru already look ridiculous. <_<;
[+]
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-03-29 14:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have the patience or time to start over again. I have five jobs at least to take to 99 and still need work on lvl49 subs... lots of missions and quests unfinished..

I wont be moving to 14.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-29 18:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I will stay with this one, at least for a good long while. I've spent too much time here to just hop over to the next shiny thing. If we hear AMAZING things about FFXIV, I'm not saying we won't change our minds and give it a test-drive, but for at least awhile after it comes out, you'll still find me right here.
 Asura.Braego
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-03-29 18:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll do what most people do, get all of their insanely difficult accomplishments done and quit for another game...

/sigh

lol...

STARCRAFT 2~!~~