Whose All Stayin' On This Game Even When FFXIV Comes Out?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Bannkreis
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Bannkreis
By Valefor.Bannkreis 2010-04-01 07:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
I'm gonna try to play both at the same time (like one day ff11 the other ff14 but after i make decent progress in ff14)

seeking party in ffxi -> playing ffxiv
waiting on hnm -> playing ffxiv
just bored in ffxi for /randomreason -> playing ffxiv

Im playing on 3 screens, for me it is settled. So it is pretty much TV | FFXI | FFXIV :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-01 07:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Bannkreis said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
I'm gonna try to play both at the same time (like one day ff11 the other ff14 but after i make decent progress in ff14)
seeking party in ffxi -> playing ffxiv waiting on hnm -> playing ffxiv just bored in ffxi for /randomreason -> playing ffxiv Im playing on 3 screens, for me it is settled. So it is pretty much TV | FFXI | FFXIV :)
i could do something like that too since i plan on getting 14 for ps3 (my pc isn't good enough :( ) -- PC FFXI player --
i haven't played a console MMO since EQOA for PS2 (i don't consider Phantasy Star Universe for 360 or PS2 an MMO. lol i played all 3 versions on both servers (PS2/PC and 360)) so idk how well it'll work out for me and my bad eyesight
[+]
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-04-01 08:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have reservations about 14. I too don't know what its going to be like untill it actually comes out. I will try it out but I will by no means jump on the FF14 bandwagon. I got too much I still want to do on 11 as it is and I cannot juggle two mmos. Untill 11 shuts down completely I'm here to stay :)
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-01 08:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hatekhaos said:
Ive dedicated enough of my time to SE to deal with their aggravation and *** to have to deal with it all over again. FFXIV/SE _|_ you can have this.

I just got into reading this as it went to the 4th page..

I'm waiting for Diablo 3, and until BLizz gets off their ***.. I AIN'T BUDGIN'...put too much into this...

SE.. You to can go _|_ K.M.F.A!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-04-13 07:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it's been pretty much confirmed for 360, I am definitely at least going to give it a try. When it was PS3/PC exclusive before, it was an easy decision(I play on 360) but now I have a chance at getting in on it without a massive overhaul on my PC's graphics card.

I'm honestly really looking forward to a skills based class system. I played Ultima Online for years, so I'm at least a little familiar with the concept. I love the old-school traditional leveling system, but going with skills could really help diversify characters instead of everyone having the exact same cookie-cutter gear/class/skills. I know we're still going to see the "optimal builds", but maybe this time around we'll get to experiment with how we as players actually WANT to play our characters, as opposed to how some l33t players tell us we're supposed to.

I wanna be a fighter-type who swings a greatsword, and NOT just because it has different WS's than a scythe.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-04-13 07:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ariyon said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not switching to FFXIV either. I'll side with SE again when they can do something good for a change.

Yes, because you know it's not good when you haven't played it yet, right?
He does have a point though. XI's been out for eight years and SE still can't get things right. Not to mention that over the years it seems like their customer service has gotten worse. (If that's even possible...) Do you honestly expect them to do better the second time?

This is a good point, but honestly, I think there's a valid counter-point to this statement. FFXI has been around for 8 years. They are still changing things. Why? Because no matter what new additions they make, they are still adding to an 8 year old system of game mechanics. Think of it like remodeling and renovating the same house over and over for years at a time. Eventually, the foundation begins to crack, and you can really only add so much to an existing building before you run out of room and have to tear it all down to build something bigger. FFIV is that bigger something.

No matter what new bells and whistles SE adds to FFXI, they are still forced to work with an 8 year old, obsolete engine. You can only apply so many layers of duct-tape before the muffler falls completely off.

FFIV is a clean slate. It would impossible to think SE hasn't been taking notes all during the lifespan of FFXI, things that didn't go over so well that they want to do differently.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-13 07:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

for me it depends how much i like ff14. if i like it then i'll play it more than ff11, if not i'll play ff11 more
 Sylph.Sornstarguh
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sornstarguh 2010-04-13 08:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Got way to much to do in 11 still. Gonna give 14 at least a year after it comes out before I mess with it. I like to wait awhile after a new game comes out to try it. Made the mistake of jumping right into warhammer then 1yr later its totally different after they roll thro with the nerfbat.
 Cerberus.Arteus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2010-04-13 08:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

think ima give xiv a try, if it blows il just go back to xi
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-04-13 09:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I am kind of encouraged to see how many people are staying. I am thinking I will be around 11 until I get tired of it, and I am not, but was worried about a mass exodus. I have a lot of fun, I know what I want to do, and I don't see a real reason to change that.

While 14 and graphics and content and the excitement of something new are tempting, I definitely want it to stabilize before changing, too.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-13 12:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a matter of if people are going to play 14, just when. Eventually 11 is going to get to a point where it's not playable anymore. Be it SE pulling the plug or too many people leaving. A mass exodus would kill 11 even for those who want to stay.

Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-04-13 12:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

After watching video streams of FFXIV beta, I've decided not to play it. It reminds me of several free to play MMOs that have come out recently, and I don't like the way the interface is set up.

I'll be sticking with FFXI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tidv
Server: Bismarck
user: Tidv
By Bismarck.Tidv 2010-04-15 21:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently returned to Vana after a spell away and intend on staying a good while yet, although I lost my previous account that has not deterred me from starting again from scratch.
However I do think it is too early in my own opinion to make any valid comments about the new game ffxiv, up to now I have enjoyed the community and gameplay of ffxi, I have also taken a look at the new game concepts , which really at this present time does not win me over, having said that it is again too early to make any concise positive comments on a game that is not being released until the end of the year, but for now and the foreseeable future I shall coninue playing ffxi.

TidusV

Happy Days Everyone
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-04-15 21:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Arteus said:
think ima give xiv a try, if it blows il just go back to xi
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-04-15 21:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

good year left in vanadiel. i'm in til 99 at the very least.
 Asura.Tagus
user: tagus
By Asura.Tagus 2010-04-15 21:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In interviews in the past, SE has promised that as long as there are people who want to play ffxi, it will be available. I know it's just words from a company motivated by dollar signs, but I'd guess they'll keep at least one server up for the die-hards.

That being said, I personally won't leave for ffxiv. I can't imagine starting the grind over again! It just takes too long to get anywhere.

Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-15 22:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Aurilius said:
After watching video streams of FFXIV alpha, I've decided not to play it. It reminds me of several free to play MMOs that have come out recently, and I don't like the way the interface is set up.

YAY for making judgements on game that isn't even half done yet.
[+]
 Asura.Azrael
user: Azrael
By Asura.Azrael 2010-04-15 22:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tagus said:
In interviews in the past, SE has promised that as long as there are people who want to play ffxi, it will be available. I know it's just words from a company motivated by dollar signs, but I'd guess they'll keep at least one server up for the die-hards.

In other SE news, Chrono Trigger has consistently been voted one of the video games for which the most people want a sequel, another game in the series. Tens of thousands of people want another Chrono Trigger game. Interviews with SE executives have shown that they are aware of this.

SE's response is that although people say they want another Chrono Trigger game, sales of the DS Chrono remake were disappointing. In comparison, any game with "Final Fantasy" in the title sells millions, quickly.

Chrono is a case in which SE knows that people want it, but dollar signs motivate them not to work on it. It's more dollar-effective to make another FF game.

I don't agree with you that SE will keep one server up. Someone at SE is going to decide that it's more dollar-effective to staff GameMasters at FF14 than at FF11.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-15 22:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Garuda.Aurilius said:
After watching video streams of FFXIV alpha, I've decided not to play it. It reminds me of several free to play MMOs that have come out recently, and I don't like the way the interface is set up.

YAY for making judgements on game that isn't even half done yet.

its gotta be at least 90% done, if not all the way. its not like dev's only make a little, test it out w players, and then make more.

but yeah, making judgments on the entire game based on a fraction of content shown is basically judging a book by its cover.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-15 22:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

90% of the content is in game, but the game is about 50%-66% COMPLETE. All the content they've created, they now have to polish and optimize. Rebalance, tweak and bug fix. The game is DEFINITELY NOT 90% complete... After all, it's in these "Last stages" where a C- game becomes a B+ game, and a B+ game becomes an S game.

But then again, any developer will tell you every game ever released was never more than 40% complete. There's infinite cases of that "One more thing" they wanted to add before a publisher's deadline. (DLC ftl, patches FTW)
 Caitsith.Blurr
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-15 23:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
All the content they've created, the now have to polish and optimize. Rebalance, tweak, bug fix.

that much is true and is exactly whats happening now. im sure no ones EXPECTING it to actually come out anywhere this winter, but it wont be YEARS off.. if its slated for release late this year (which it is), and alpha/beta tests have begun (which they have), that to me says the game developments done, or nearly <.<

i wont say definitely though.. since im not an actual dev thats been working on it <.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-04-15 23:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Since it's been pretty much confirmed for 360, I am definitely at least going to give it a try. When it was PS3/PC exclusive before, it was an easy decision(I play on 360) but now I have a chance at getting in on it without a massive overhaul on my PC's graphics card.

I'm honestly really looking forward to a skills based class system. I played Ultima Online for years, so I'm at least a little familiar with the concept. I love the old-school traditional leveling system, but going with skills could really help diversify characters instead of everyone having the exact same cookie-cutter gear/class/skills. I know we're still going to see the "optimal builds", but maybe this time around we'll get to experiment with how we as players actually WANT to play our characters, as opposed to how some l33t players tell us we're supposed to.

I wanna be a fighter-type who swings a greatsword, and NOT just because it has different WS's than a scythe.

it not yet on the 360, SE having problem with Xbox and there live memebership if Xbox don't allow ppl to play with silver member then xbox wont get it. I know http://www.amazon.com/ had it for few days and took it down. It may not come out for 360 for over 1year or more may not come out at all. If M$ stop bitching and to tell you the trust i hope it does not xbox 360 limtions i can see them now :( maybe the new xbox :)
By Lynxblade 2010-04-15 23:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I waited about 3-4 years after 11came out to start playing it, so it might be a while for me to play 14 xD
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-16 00:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if I can get some friends on it, I am down for it.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-04-16 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a bit concerned about seeing "due to Xbox 360 limitations..." 3 or 4 years down the road. It's not out of the question to think that the 360 could stunt XIV's growth much like the PS2 did for XI.

I will give XIV a shot. The alpha/beta shows a lot of potential. That and all of my RL friends who used to play XI are on board for XIV (even more so than I am). I'll play XI and XIV for a few months I'm sure. If I like XIV I'll drop XI. If I don't like XIV I'll keep playing XI until SW:TOR comes out haha.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-04-16 15:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If it comes out for the 360, ill get it, but i put to much time in to this game to just drop it

and i still enjoy platying 11 ... when you can get friends, who arnt obessessed with end game 24/7 to actualy go out & kill random NM's >.>
[+]
By undyingedge 2010-04-16 16:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I am staying on ffxi after ffxiv comes out. going try play both. as said earlier by some they have already put too much time in ffxi to just leave and quit. I feel the same way. ffxi is very fun.
 Shiva.Moogleking
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2010-04-16 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i will still play ff11, i will probably wait a bit to try ff14. i like playing games period. if something in a genre that i like is released then i will play it. i got to much to do still in this game and the new updates look interesting.
By Puyopop 2010-04-17 08:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well our level cap will be going up.
We'll more then likley get new areas and more end-game content.

Why the hell would people leave? :x