Whose All Stayin' On This Game Even When FFXIV Comes Out?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
Whose all stayin' on this game even when FFXIV Comes out?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-29 18:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not switching to FFXIV either. I'll side with SE again when they can do something good for a change.
Yes, because you know it's not good when you haven't played it yet, right?

Ent dislikes games before they are released so he has a negative vibe when he does play it, thus making the game automatically suck.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-03-29 18:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely need more info before I consider jumping MMOs, but I am very tempted. It'd be terrible to see all the work go to waste, but honestly, FFXI for me was much more fun in my newbie days before I had 75s and was doing quests in groups of 30s and 40s with other newbie friends. Everything in the game seemed more exciting then, always somewhere to explore, some quests to do, having fun leveling jobs just for the sake of it. Now it's a chore to level up sub jobs or whatever. I think in a new FF MMO, starting fresh at the start like everyone else, it would be an enjoyable experience. Actually figuring out all the quests and missions rather than relying on 6 years worth of guides. FFXI is still fun, and there are a lot of people I'd miss if I left. I'm just hoping these new updates will be interesting, and not the huge fail most people seem to be expecting.
 Asura.Scribblesz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Scribblesz 2010-03-29 19:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

<!!!~~~~~ This guy is staying!
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-29 19:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not play both? Just saying
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-03-29 19:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure which I'll pick, but for me it's one or the other. I'm frugal (cost-effective D:<!!! ) so I don't want to be paying money out for 2 people to play 2 different games (me and my husband)... if XIV is better than XI (not just looks-wise) I'll consider the jump.
But it will be more based on who I can get from my linkshell to come with me hehe.. the people make the game awesome for me, imo~
That being said, I hope there's more solo stuff that can be done in XIV! One thing I didn't like about XI was that for a lot of stuff you were forced to group... but that's another topic for another time^^;
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-29 19:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Because some people have lives and cant keep up with say an active endgame shell and the possibility of another once the game picks up? lulz
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-29 19:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Because some people have lives and cant keep up with say an active endgame shell and the possibility of another once the game picks up? lulz
Meh you make it sound like such a hassle. At that point I'd probably just quit or go to soloing. I mean just cause you play doesn't mean you have to do so many events with certain people.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-29 19:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not switching to FFXIV either. I'll side with SE again when they can do something good for a change.
Yes, because you know it's not good when you haven't played it yet, right?

Ent dislikes games before they are released so he has a negative vibe when he does play it, thus making the game automatically suck.

I've seen the gameplay, sucks. Theres no EXP system. sucks. It's their answer to let lasy people not feel like noobs.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-29 19:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

will wait for ffxiv to release a expansion pack and like not play 11

cool

^^ cant take you seriously when you type like that
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-03-29 19:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So you seen the finished game play and not just 2 minutes of pre alpha build clips.

How did you beat us Alpha testers.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-29 19:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No real penalty for staying, at worst freeze account. Can come back if FFXIV sucks ***, and no charge on FFXI if FFXIV rocks.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-29 19:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of lols in this thread. SOOOO many people are judging this game before it's been released, I understand people may have good reason for not wanting to start another MMO, but saying the game sucks is a stupid reason. The game is sooo far from being released there is no way to possibly know if you'll like it or not.

To all the people acting like SE is the enemy; you could always stop playing FFXI too you know? You all act as if they can't do a damn thing right and they're the devil incarnate in corporate form, yet you still assumedly enjoy FFXI, so I don't really understand your basis for complaint.

Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY can say they won't play because they don't like the level up system, or the gameplay or the interface or whatever lame excuses people have. You can't dislike something you don't know. You can TELL yourself you dislike it, and then when you do get to know it you'll probably MAKE yourself dislike it because you've been telling yourself to the whole time, but you're just being totally closed-minded and possibly ruining things for yourself. That's a life lesson, not just a gaming lesson.

I'm not saying that some people aren't capable of deciding whether they will or won't play, I'm just saying that many of your reasons are quite frankly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Judge it as an independent game. Don't compare it to FFXI, don't judge it based on your feelings towards SE, don't judge it on unknowns such as gameplay, wait til it's released, or close to released and make a call based on factual information. Or even play the free trial (if they have one) and judge it on that.

Also, to people who can't bare to leave their 7 years of work in FFXI behind, remember that it's not a job, it's supposed to be fun. Your "accomplishments" don't mean ***, unless they make you enjoy the game more. But when you're all out of things to accomplish in FFXI, remember that there's a brand new MMO called FFXIV about to be released that's full of brand new things to accomplish.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-03-29 19:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cata~~~^^ /wave
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-29 19:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

im waiting for the content list

how many dungeons/instances there will be at release

Full Job descriptions

how much stuff can we actually do when the game is out

if its like 2 instances and grind your job until the next expansion pack is release then meh
 Titan.Stealthwolf
Server: Titan
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-03-30 00:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh it depends on the people who go over ls members, friends ect and what the gameplaay is like and how they sub the xp system
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-03-30 15:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Lots of lols in this thread. SOOOO many people are judging this game before it's been released, I understand people may have good reason for not wanting to start another MMO, but saying the game sucks is a stupid reason. The game is sooo far from being released there is no way to possibly know if you'll like it or not.

To all the people acting like SE is the enemy; you could always stop playing FFXI too you know? You all act as if they can't do a damn thing right and they're the devil incarnate in corporate form, yet you still assumedly enjoy FFXI, so I don't really understand your basis for complaint.

Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY can say they won't play because they don't like the level up system, or the gameplay or the interface or whatever lame excuses people have. You can't dislike something you don't know. You can TELL yourself you dislike it, and then when you do get to know it you'll probably MAKE yourself dislike it because you've been telling yourself to the whole time, but you're just being totally closed-minded and possibly ruining things for yourself. That's a life lesson, not just a gaming lesson.

I'm not saying that some people aren't capable of deciding whether they will or won't play, I'm just saying that many of your reasons are quite frankly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Judge it as an independent game. Don't compare it to FFXI, don't judge it based on your feelings towards SE, don't judge it on unknowns such as gameplay, wait til it's released, or close to released and make a call based on factual information. Or even play the free trial (if they have one) and judge it on that.

Also, to people who can't bare to leave their 7 years of work in FFXI behind, remember that it's not a job, it's supposed to be fun. Your "accomplishments" don't mean ***, unless they make you enjoy the game more. But when you're all out of things to accomplish in FFXI, remember that there's a brand new MMO called FFXIV about to be released that's full of brand new things to accomplish.

+1 Awesome points going on here. You can't judge a game even based on the beta phase either. Know why? cause it's not the finished product. Only two reasons why I'm not getting it at launch is because 1) I don't have a system to play it on xD 2) I've learned my lesson after AOC's Launch. Graphic wise the game looks insanely sexy but we'll just have to wait and see what more news they'll have. Without a doubt this game will be on the 360 my only question is will they be ran together on the same servers as the ps3/pc. Since it seems the policy is the only thing that's stopping it right now... x.x
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-04-01 02:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've decided I will be leaving for ffxiv when it comes out, i'm sick of not being able to get things done in XI because I have only played for 2 years.

I still haven't got Promies done despite trying to find groups several times.

I love XI but am fed up of not being able to access half of the game >.<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-04-01 02:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I will probably keep my FFXI account active for a couple months..if FFXIV lasts me more then 2 months then I may cancel XI one lol. :)
[+]
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-04-01 04:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Put me on the list of sticking with xi for the simple reason that apart from the very nice graphics xiv holds less and less interest for me with every update to their site. I wont risk wasting my money unless someone I know personally can vouch that it is not half as bad as it sounds. Bad being subjective because it does not look like my personal cup of tea from the details thus far.
 Valefor.Bannkreis
Server: Valefor
user: Bannkreis
By Valefor.Bannkreis 2010-04-01 04:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Theres no EXP system. sucks. It's their answer to let lasy people not feel like noobs.

Theres a EXP system. sucks. It's their answer to let noobs feel like pros by one simple number.
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-04-01 04:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Since 14 got announced I've been pretty much set on staying with FFXI.

I don't see the point in essentially throwing away all the hard work, time, and effort that I have, along with many other people, put into this game getting where we are today.
All the stress with events, and stuff just makes it seem such a waste of time if you jump on the bandwagon for a new MMO.

If they somehow made 14 compatable with 11, and then just shifted us over, said FFXI is no more but 14 will be similar but much better then I may be able to accept that. However, I have no plans on moving over to start all over again when I've spent far too much of the last 3yrs playing this one lol.

Also as Im at uni now, I don't have much time to play FFXI anymore, so I definately wouldn't have any time for a 2nd MMO.
And from what I've seen/read about 14, it doesn't look that amazing at all. They would really have to pull out the big guns to even get me to consider switching over. If they bring it out for 360 with a month trial then I may get that and give it a go, but thats about the only way I'm going to play it.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-04-01 04:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to quit FFXI at first place. I love it and still lots to do. Though, I want to play FFXIV either. Time will show how I can handle this.
 Diabolos.Dcon
Server: Diabolos
user: Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-04-01 05:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

even though what ive seen of ff14 looks great im staying with ff11... i only started ffxi .... 6yrs ago cuz it was a final fantasy game i actually hate MMO games... and hate that ive spent so much time on this one.. that being said ill go down with the ship ill play this till SE pulls the plug then never touch another MMO again.
 Bismarck.Heavendragon
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Heavendragon 2010-04-01 05:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I will quit FFXI when 14 will released. FFXI is just getting borred. ATM i dont wanna play FFXI because its getting so borred.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Susperianzz 2010-04-01 05:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can think of is FFXIV coming to Playstation 3. What a delight!
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-04-01 05:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Everything in the game seemed more exciting then, always somewhere to explore, some quests to do, having fun leveling jobs just for the sake of it. Now it's a chore to level up sub jobs or whatever. I think in a new FF MMO, starting fresh at the start like everyone else, it would be an enjoyable experience. Actually figuring out all the quests and missions rather than relying on 6 years worth of guides.

^These, and other reasons, are why I've recently been looking forward to XIV.

I've more or less given up on striving for much in XI these days. I'm behind the times, and seem to get further and further as new things come out. Don't get me wrong, though, a lot of that has to do with my laziness or my "Waste of time" Ratios.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-01 06:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna try to play both at the same time (like one day ff11 the other ff14 but after i make decent progress in ff14)