First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-01-17 19:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
I think SE should change Odyssey to give a daily 'Moglophone A' 'Moglophone B' and 'Moglophone C' so you can do each daily. Will let you get a bit more segs but also raise Moogle Mastery faster and bring hide prices down.
The number one complaint I hear from people on this forum is that there's too much daily content. You now want to triple the number of daily Odyssey farms players have to do every single day? I personally can't be assed to do even a single Odyssey run most days, there's no way in hell I'm doing three.

in b4 "they don't have to do it" because you know damn well that there are players who will feel like they must else they are missing out/losing something.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-17 19:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest way to fix the economy and incentivize playing A and B would be to equalize the segment rewards per kill.... but that'd probably require them to equalize the levels of mobs and difficulty as well. (which i'm all for)

But we know SE, they don't like change or adjustments
By Seun 2024-01-17 19:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised more people don't just make this a twice a week thing like Omen or Dyna. Save a KI so you can do back to back runs on your scheduled days and use your spares on the off days to farm mats or make gil.

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
The biggest way to fix the economy and incentivize playing A and B would be to equalize the segment rewards per kill.... but that'd probably require them to equalize the levels of mobs and difficulty as well. (which i'm all for)

You're asking for streamlined content. They could remove A/B, add the mats to C and call it a day at that point. If you make all things equal, there may as well only be one thing.

You're progressing your RP, your unity items or your purse. You're not supposed to be able to do it all at the same time.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-17 19:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
make this a twice a week thing like Omen or Dyna.
Because people seem to think that people will use all 7 of their 3 KI's on saturday and no one will be able to enter.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-17 19:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You're asking for streamlined content. They could remove A/B, add the mats to C and call it a day at that point. If you make all things equal, there may as well only be one thing.

You're progressing your RP, your unity items or your purse. You're not supposed to be able to do it all at the same time.

God forbid we ask for variety with our content?

Edit: before the argument that there already is variety, the players just dont engage with it... If it's at the point where 99% of the playerbase doesn't touch A or B because it's not worth the effort I'd argue that it might as well not exist.

I see no reason why my initial suggestion wouldn't be beneficial as opposed to removing A and B entirely. The floor designs, # of mobs/halos/NMs, NM triggers, etc. all vary and would do well to equalize both prices of unity drops and of unity upgrade items. It'd also allow long term players who've done nothing but C for 2 years some change of pace that would likely boost engagement with the content. I think it's a much worse suggestion to just slap the other rewards on C and tell players to keep doing the same thing.

I also find it hard to believe that they Intended the content to be engaged with in this manner, where inevitably as it is, the "hardest" to get unity items are by far the cheapest to upgrade
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-01-17 20:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
The number one complaint I hear from people on this forum is that there's too much daily content. You now want to triple the number of daily Odyssey farms players have to do every single day? I personally can't be assed to do even a single Odyssey run most days, there's no way in hell I'm doing three.

Yea, absolutely, the last thing I want to do is 3 segfarms daily, one is enough. One of my biggest complaints about Sortie is how long it is, now we want to do 1.5hrs of segment farms? The 30 minutes for me is engaging and fine but x3 no way, I'd be peeling my eyelids open by the end, especially with how trivial the mobs in A are. I guess a fully buffed party in there would be good targeting practice at least.

I'd rather they balance the levels to be even, give equal segment rewards (this won't be per kill since the zones are different sizes), and some kind of EP bonus at the end, so we can shake it up a bit. Maybe add a more difficult Sheol D.

Realistically though, none of this is going to be updated. The balanced reward of A/B is the lower segments but higher payout of the items. "Balance". Not the way I'd do it but I guarantee that is how they see it. A and B are also more lowman/solo friendly, so making them harder would unfairly punish players who just want to burn a KI. I also wouldn't be surprised if they actually think lower geared groups are doing A/B to earn segments and climb the ladder to C.
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-17 21:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

God forbid we ask for variety with our content?

You're not asking for variety, you have that. You're asking for everything to be just as rewarding as the next, which is essentially asking for the same thing.

I also find it hard to believe that they Intended the content to be engaged with in this manner, where inevitably as it is, the "hardest" to get unity items are by far the cheapest to upgrade

They're only cheaper to upgrade because people spam segments. The material cost is the same, despite C being less rewarding overall for materials.
By Meeble 2024-01-17 21:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixing Odyssey doesn't have to mean letting people spend more time grinding. Add a daily RoE to kill 10 mobs in any Sheol area that rewards a Phone II. Easy to implement and lets new groups and solo players top up without spending hours grinding segments.

It's of limited value if you're further along, but let's be honest, if you've cleared v15 or above, segment farming should pose no difficulty for your group; You can do Ody for an hour twice a week and be done in six months, give or take some time at the end if you need to grind ML or make remas for a tough v25.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-17 21:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW my group does exclusively Sheol A and has been for months. At the pace we fight NMs, it gives us more than enough segments, plus the gil is 2-3x what Sheol C gives.

Even if endgame groups weren't doing it, still doesn't make sense to equalize them though IMO. There's a reason zones have different level mobs, it gives newer players a place to gear up, practice, and get rewards before they have the gear/experience/coordination/ML/etc. to take on the harder mobs.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-18 12:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE should change Odyssey to give a daily 'Moglophone A' 'Moglophone B' and 'Moglophone C' so you can do each daily. Will let you get a bit more segs but also raise Moogle Mastery faster and bring hide prices down.

in b4 "they don't have to do it" because you know damn well that there are players who will feel like they must else they are missing out/losing something.
No, seriously, the people that play ffxi too much are already done with odyssey so no it wouldn't make everyone 'forced' to do 3 runs a day or play for 90mins. It would help newer players or people that took a break at a wrong time like I did though.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-18 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The ones that "need" that kind of catch up mechanic are the ones that do it the least. Wouldn't even benefit from going 3x a day because they already don't want to go every day.

The only ones that "would" go are the ones that force themselves to burn every available second minmaxing opportunity cost.

Missing the forest for the trees. It'd be nice if you could provide (anything) without someone abusing that something, but you can't. Just not how it works.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-18 13:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No, seriously, the people that play ffxi too much are already done with odyssey so no it wouldn't make everyone 'forced' to do 3 runs a day or play for 90mins. It would help newer players or people that took a break at a wrong time like I did though.

Not targeting you specifically, but I think people really need to set more reasonable expectations in general. If you just came back from a several years long break from the game it's perfectly normal/understandable to not be working on V25 clears and getting RP for your R30 gear.

If you're farming C every day you get 10-12k muffins/day, this means you can (conservatively) clear all T1, T2, and T3 in about 5 days. Call it a week if you want to be extra careful. This gets you every Odyssey item.

But what if you can't full clear C because you're still a returning player, I hear you asking. Even if you only get half of that, 5k/run, you're still looking at clearing everything in Odyssey in 10 days, or two weeks.

Then, over the course of the following weeks/months, you work on clear V5, V10, V15, V20, and V25. It's not meant to be content you clear out the week you get back, it's content designed with the explicit intention that you progress through more and more difficult content as you get gear, experience, level jobs, and augment your existing gear.

IMO it's not awful that new players have to work through lower vengeance fights in order to get to the endgame gear, that's MMO design 101. In fact, I would argue that FFXI is entirely too generous with the catchup mechanics for new/returning players. A new player joining a top-end group could, if they can carry him, go straight from "I just unlocked odyssey" to "I have R25 Nyame" in less than a month.
By K123 2024-01-18 13:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

Yea, absolutely, the last thing I want to do is 3 segfarms daily, one is enough. One of my biggest complaints about Sortie is how long it is, now we want to do 1.5hrs of segment farms? The 30 minutes for me is engaging and fine but x3 no way, I'd be peeling my eyelids open by the end, especially with how trivial the mobs in A are. I guess a fully buffed party in there would be good targeting practice at least.

I'd rather they balance the levels to be even, give equal segment rewards (this won't be per kill since the zones are different sizes), and some kind of EP bonus at the end, so we can shake it up a bit. Maybe add a more difficult Sheol D.

Realistically though, none of this is going to be updated. The balanced reward of A/B is the lower segments but higher payout of the items. "Balance". Not the way I'd do it but I guarantee that is how they see it. A and B are also more lowman/solo friendly, so making them harder would unfairly punish players who just want to burn a KI. I also wouldn't be surprised if they actually think lower geared groups are doing A/B to earn segments and climb the ladder to C.
Noone would make you. I don't do ody most days, but the days I want to I would love to be able to do a few and not have to worry about having collected a KI to save etc.

Giving more EP in C would be a good addition. Or add D zone that is harder and give more EP but not more segs, and has hide drop.
By K123 2024-01-18 13:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Not targeting you specifically, but I think people really need to set more reasonable expectations in general. If you just came back from a several years long break from the game it's perfectly normal/understandable to not be working on V25 clears and getting RP for your R30 gear.

If you're farming C every day you get 10-12k muffins/day, this means you can (conservatively) clear all T1, T2, and T3 in about 5 days. Call it a week if you want to be extra careful. This gets you every Odyssey item.

But what if you can't full clear C because you're still a returning player, I hear you asking. Even if you only get half of that, 5k/run, you're still looking at clearing everything in Odyssey in 10 days, or two weeks.

Then, over the course of the following weeks/months, you work on clear V5, V10, V15, V20, and V25. It's not meant to be content you clear out the week you get back, it's content designed with the explicit intention that you progress through more and more difficult content as you get gear, experience, level jobs, and augment your existing gear.

IMO it's not awful that new players have to work through lower vengeance fights in order to get to the endgame gear, that's MMO design 101. In fact, I would argue that FFXI is entirely too generous with the catchup mechanics for new/returning players. A new player joining a top-end group could, if they can carry him, go straight from "I just unlocked odyssey" to "I have R25 Nyame" in less than a month.
Getting 9-11k segs isn't the problem, or getting clears in 5 days assuming a 100% win rate, you also need segs for RP farm. If only you didn't need R25 gear to enter pugs on Asura... this is why loads of people I know quit.

Obviously the biggest problem is no reward to help when you have clear already, but they won't fix that.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-18 13:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting 9-11k segs isn't the problem, or getting clears in 5 days assuming a 100% win rate, you also need segs for RP farm. If only you didn't need R25 gear to enter pugs on Asura... this is why loads of people I know quit.

Because they expected to jump straight from hitting 99 into maxed efficiency seg farms, RP farms, and getting the highest vengeance clears instead of working their way up? Did you read the rest of what I said?

I think people really need to set more reasonable expectations in general. If you just came back from a several years long break from the game it's perfectly normal/understandable to not be working on V25 clears and getting RP for your R30 gear.

How about instead of worrying about how you're gonna RP your R30 gear, you try getting a V15 clear? You might learn a thing or two about how the NMs work, the mechanics of your job, develop a team dynamic, etc.

IDK, I guess on Asura everyone just jumps straight from sparks gear into maxed augment Odyssey gear. I cleared V0, V5, V10, V15, V20, and V25, and earned RP along the way. Before doing Odyssey, I was doing Unity NMs with SMN and NIN, barely scraping by. Doing Salvage runs and Vol 2 VD Ambus with my friend, trying to get those 300 points to get some +2 ambu gear. Maybe that comes from not having mercs and pugs everywhere offering to take you straight to the finish line.
By K123 2024-01-18 13:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have mostly V25 clears, not sure what that has to do with farming RP when you missed millions of Segs cus you don't play FFXI like a zombie. Those I don't have are because of luck mechanism (never tried V25 Bumba yet).

also yes, to RP farm 9-11k you are asked to have V25 etc .
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-18 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It would help newer players or people that took a break at a wrong time like I did though.

I don't do ody most days

I have mostly V25 clears

IDK, seems like the catchup mechanics are doing fine. People who took a break at "the wrong time" and who don't do Ody most days are already done with most of their V25 clears.

I really don't believe they need to make Odyssey any easier than it already is to catch up. If people who've been back for a handful of weeks/months already have maxed augmented Odyssey gear, the content is over. It's bad enough as is that people skip straight from never seeing a T3 in their life to V15, V20, or V25; now add on to that people are gonna be able to max augment all their gear in a weekend.

What's the point of skipping all the content in the game? What're you going to do once you have every Odyssey piece at R30? Sit in town?
By Meeble 2024-01-18 14:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have mostly V25 clears, not sure what that has to do with farming RP when you missed millions of Segs cus you don't play FFXI like a zombie. Those I don't have are because of luck mechanism (never tried V25 Bumba yet).

You have people willing to do v25 clears with you but not RP or seg farming? That's kind of wild.

Odyssey is never going to be pug-friendly content, but you don't have to play XI like a zombie, either. With even a partial group you can make solid progress in an hour a week, whether you need rp, segs for RP, or clears.
By K123 2024-01-18 14:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK, seems like the catchup mechanics are doing fine. People who took a break at "the wrong time" and who don't do Ody most days are already done with most of their V25 clears.
Not sure what you cannot comprehend here. Having win does not = enough segs to R30.
 Bahamut.Phinneus
Server: Bahamut
user: ayer
By Bahamut.Phinneus 2024-01-18 14:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't personally have to have V25 access to RP farm 9-11k. Just someone in your group.

Edit:
Sorry didn't see the other post you had regarding the need for R25 gear to join an RP farm on Asura. Seems kinda ridiculous requiring R25 gear when you only need to knock off 6%. I think that's more of a server issue.
By K123 2024-01-18 14:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean fine, make them stack to 3 then, but I'd like to play intense when I want to/can, and not be forced to do dailies.
By K123 2024-01-18 14:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phinneus said: »

You don't personally have to have V25 access to RP farm 9-11k. Just someone in your group.
I mean pug *** that only invite people with R25 Nyame, etc. I got called a noob for having R20 Sekpata the other day despite being way highest on parse ffs.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-18 14:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you cannot comprehend here. Having win does not = enough segs to R30.

It's just a fundamental disagreement about the longevity of the content. You have said that you don't do Ody most nights, but you've still made what I would consider massive progress in a (presumably) short period of time. You think that someone who doesn't play most days should be finished with the highest level of augmentation in a short period of time. I think that the highest level of augmentation of the best gear in the game should take some time, effort, and progression to get to.

It's fine if we don't agree, but it's not at all a lack of understanding on my part. I simply do not agree that it needs to be any easier or faster to get R30 Ody gear.

If you only do 5% on each NM and are RPing at V25, you get something like 14k RP for a 3-phone RP farm, costing you 13,500 segments. If you do 3 of these, you will have a piece of gear from R0->R30, it would take roughly 4 days. You can have an entire set of T3 gear from "I've never cleared this boss before, and I have 0 segments" to "This gear is entirely maxed and there's no way I can improve it" in less than 3 weeks. I don't think this is a lot to ask for the best gear in an MMO.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-18 16:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are happy for 1 piece of content to have a cockblock where all the rest (except maybe Sortie now, and Idris/Epeo) doesn't? Yeah, I disagree. Either do it or don't, don't have a weird mix.
By K123 2024-01-18 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only do 5% on each NM and are RPing at V25, you get something like 14k RP for a 3-phone RP farm, costing you 13,500 segments. If you do 3 of these, you will have a piece of gear from R0->R30, it would take roughly 4 days. You can have an entire set of T3 gear from "I've never cleared this boss before, and I have 0 segments" to "This gear is entirely maxed and there's no way I can improve it" in less than 3 weeks. I don't think this is a lot to ask for the best gear in an MMO.
Yeah noone does 3x nms and charge in pick up. More accurately it is 2544 a run and you do it dozens and dozens of times. You clearly don't play on Asura or w/e.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-18 16:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1 piece of content has a cockblock? What game are you playing?

Dynamis [D] has a 60 hour lockout
Ambu has caps on total rewards you can earn per month
Odyssey (obviously)
Sortie has a daily lockout and limited currency
Omen has a tag system
DI points are limited per day
Salvage has a game-day lockout

Basically every semi-modern endgame activity has a lockout. You can't spam almost anything that has good rewards. If you want to unlock AF+3, relic+3, and empy+3, you have to burn tags to do all of those. It will take at least 2 weeks to do the relic unlocks.

This has been FFXI's design since level 75, probably before that. This is not some brand new thing. If someone told you FFXI was a game where you could spam endgame and be done in a month, I'm sorry, you were lied to.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-18 16:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah noone does 3x nms and charge in pick up. More accurately it is 2544 a run and you do it dozens and dozens of times. You clearly don't play on Asura or w/e.

OK, I'm sorry Asura sucks, but that's a meta issue and not an issue with the mechanics or design of the event SE released. Every time I've ever wanted RP for an item in Odyssey, I've done nothing but three phone RP farms, because they're massively more efficient.

You can do this solo, depending which jobs you have and which NMs you're after gear for. Or *gasp* you could make friends and do it with them.
By K123 2024-01-18 16:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

1 piece of content has a cockblock? What game are you playing?

Dynamis [D] has a 60 hour lockout
Ambu has caps on total rewards you can earn per month
Odyssey (obviously)
Sortie has a daily lockout and limited currency
Omen has a tag system
DI points are limited per day
Salvage has a game-day lockout

Basically every semi-modern endgame activity has a lockout. You can't spam almost anything that has good rewards. If you want to unlock AF+3, relic+3, and empy+3, you have to burn tags to do all of those. It will take at least 2 weeks to do the relic unlocks.

This has been FFXI's design since level 75, probably before that. This is not some brand new thing. If someone told you FFXI was a game where you could spam endgame and be done in a month, I'm sorry, you were lied to.
Dynamis you kill t2 boss once and can upgrade (ok, per job but still) and the rest is money. I admit AF+ cards have a cockblock too, but emp+3 doesn't and is mostly bis for most things for most jobs. 10 days at 35k a run is 5/5 of the emp+3 set.
By K123 2024-01-18 16:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I'm sorry Asura sucks, but that's a meta issue and not an issue with the mechanics or design of the event SE released. Every time I've ever wanted RP for an item in Odyssey, I've done nothing but three phone RP farms, because they're massively more efficient.

You can do this solo, depending which jobs you have and which NMs you're after gear for. Or *gasp* you could make friends and do it with them.
Everyone quit because we took a break at a bad time just before Ody was added and most people did their clears, then noone wants them anymore since they all have them. I also don't let FFXI dictate my log in time anymore, but feel like yes the content should have been designed to let people group up for it more conveniently than the way it was designed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-18 16:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis you kill t2 boss once and can upgrade (ok, per job but still) and the rest is money.

Per job and per slot.