December 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 18 19 20
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-20 10:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanabout should let you just get v25 access, ML50 on 5 jobs and a free prime weapon of your choice. That would get people to resub lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-20 11:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-20 11:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Vanabout should let you just get v25 access, ML50 on 5 jobs and a free prime weapon of your choice. That would get people to resub lol.

I get this is a joke, but I've never understood the mentality of people who want to buy gil then use that gil to buy ody unlocks, REMAs, pay for their MLs, pay for dynamis unlocks and RP, buy drops off people's AMAN trove orbs, etc.

If you get all V25 Ody clears, a prime weapon, ML50 on every job you care about, every REMA you want at R15, etc. what are you going to do with it?

Seems like people want to skip the content of the game, not realizing that grinding out the gear is the game. What're you going to do with your newly maxed out character? It's like pay-to-not-play, always been extremely confusing to me.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-20 11:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't generally pay to skip everything. Just the parts that suck.

Skip building the weapon straight to using the weapon etc

Or if it makes sense from a time perspective; If it costs less money than proportional amount of time spent. Time is money, spend the lesser amount.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-12-20 11:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A significant chunk of exemplar for doing this event is not an unreasonable request. If we're talking monthly gains I don't even think 3-4 mil exemplar would be that out of line. It takes just shy of 30 million exemplar to reach Mlvl 50 on a single job, and the vast majority of that comes from the final 10 levels. If the payout for farming 1300 plauds was 3 million exemplar once a month I think that would be more than fair. You could get a single job to Mlvl 50 in a year's time off that, and you'd still have to put in the time grinding the monthly points.

They won't do it of course. We all know the exemplar bonus is gonna be something crappy. But if they did compensate us with a few million exemplar for doing this monthly grind it would not be out of line. The requirements are excessive. They could do to throw us a few more bones here and there to help us along.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-20 11:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
But if they did compensate us with a few million exemplar for doing this monthly grind it would not be out of line. The requirements are excessive.

The requirements are excessive? It's 30 minutes a day for 13 days.

If you think of this from an exemplar party standpoint, if they gave 4m EP for this, it would be the equivalent of getting 600,000 EP/hr.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-20 11:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I get this is a joke, but I've never understood the mentality of people who want to buy gil then use that gil to buy ody unlocks, REMAs, pay for their MLs, pay for dynamis unlocks and RP, buy drops off people's AMAN trove orbs, etc.

Word. hand me-everything mentality.

Oddy to hard... Boo hoo yah jabroni. Go make friends.

I earned it the hard way - Clumsly tri-boxing my friends around during the spark trade-in era. I remember meeting the boys in Escha sky to farm Gain-xp and we ended up grouping on Discord and talking for the 3 hours it was on.

Good times...
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-12-20 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But if they did compensate us with a few million exemplar for doing this monthly grind it would not be out of line. The requirements are excessive.

The requirements to get Mlvl 50 are excessive. As in... 30 million exemplar points, of which 22 million are in the last 10 levels alone. The event is fine.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-12-20 14:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If the community goal was something like a cumulative, permanent -10% muffin cost for prime weapons, I would've resubbed and maxed out points every day on multiple characters.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

If you think of this from an exemplar party standpoint, if they gave 4m EP for this, it would be the equivalent of getting 600,000 EP/hr.

I still wouldn't do it, but why is it bad for a time limited monthly reward to be substantially better than the everyday grind rate?

I wish they'd just add substantial EP rewards to all existing content instead, but if the EP reward is in the millions and Vanabout is a new monthly thing it could be a nice(if slow) alternative for people who don't want to bot or merc to 50. 4-5 million EP might sound like a lot, but you're still looking at 6 months for 0-50 on a single job.
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-20 14:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

we all know the EP gain is going to be minimal - I easily put it under 100k, and personally think that they will give out 10k and be shocked when people trash that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-20 14:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

The requirements to get Mlvl 50 are excessive. As in... 30 million exemplar points, of which 22 million are in the last 10 levels alone. The event is fine.
Im not disputing the last few levels are beyond ridiculous, but the EP grind is one of their last few carrots. Theres no way the EP reward is community based and will grant four million, or any ridiculously absurd amount.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-20 15:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gibbee mee Exemptmefromplaying the game points.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-12-20 15:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gibbee mee Exemptmefromplaying the game points.

they're called bots, which is why you should go grind mobs on Horizon instead!

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-20 17:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

06pm 3,444,120 +60260

No fall off from silver. Still the same average EU gain.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-12-20 17:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Quote:

Im not disputing the last few levels are beyond ridiculous, but the EP grind is one of their last few carrots. Theres no way the EP reward is community based and will grant four million, or any ridiculously absurd amount.

I don't expect any EP bonus's until sometime middle of next year or possibly the year after. Likely in the form of a monthly / weekly campaign.
By Hopalong 2023-12-20 20:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Me either, this is their long term keep people playing thing along with all the other recent stuff like prime. They aren't going to back down from that policy.

Because they aren't introducing any meaningful new content to keep people playing (and unfortunately new players joining), they have to stretch out the content they have. It's very clear.

What gets me, is that they could use the developer hours that they do on *** content to make 1 more job or something, or revamp old content with benefits, and it would draw in new players and keep us happy. Clearly the director vision is fubar.

They are managing the game down (huge mistake in business if you want something to succeed) by bleeding content and therefor subscribers.

This game needs life, longevity and fun, not grind and cosmetics.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-20 21:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't know the difference. Grind is longevity. Cosmetic is fun.
(*)They know, they don't care.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-20 21:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
What gets me, is that they could use the developer hours that they do on *** content to make 1 more job or something, or revamp old content with benefits, and it would draw in new players and keep us happy. Clearly the director vision is fubar.

Developer hours to release 10 more ML or an ambu-based RoE event != developer hours to add a new job or re-balance old content with benefits
By Hopalong 2023-12-20 22:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just hours of work, they could reprioritize.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-20 22:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Could, won't
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-20 22:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Its just hours of work, they could reprioritize.

Yeah, except one is like 2,000 hours and the other is 50
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-12-20 22:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Made those numbers up? Its the same as the mythic grind, just got to get started. Why waste it on dumb stuff like everyone here says they are doing. Step by step do some good stuff. Are you defending their current playbook?
By Seun 2023-12-20 22:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The playbook is effectively closed. We've run pretty much every play they can imagine for us; most of them multiple times as they were transposed across various levels/ilvl.

I think the best we hope for at this point is revisiting the balancing they were doing by adjusting spells, abilities, cooldown/recast, ect.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-20 23:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

12am 3,522,920 +78800

D'aww firefox update killed my other chart . I gotta build it over again.
 Shiva.Haldarn
Server: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2023-12-21 02:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like we aren't going to hit that bonus, but then maybe FREE LOGIN Will save the day, as everyone rushes to complete the tasks on their mules...
By Pantafernando 2023-12-21 03:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust in yourself
By Seun 2023-12-21 05:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I trust in myself to continue doing content I enjoy. I also trust that SE will see this as a clear statement that Vana'Bout ain't it.

Carry on Stanley.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-21 06:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

06am 3,595,930 +73010
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-12-21 08:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll hit my 900 Plaudits today after daily refresh and then I'm out. The Deeds are the only thing "worth it" and the event has been a huge time sink and hassle, even doing it as efficiently as possible with just three runs daily:

V2 Normal run with BLM/RDM - use gearsets to do 10 cures before fight starts, engage and do the three elemental RoEs and throw in some Myrkr for extra WS count.

V2 Very Difficult x 2 with DRG/SAM - use Ayame to get the 10 skillchains / 20 WS. These also clear the three daily, don't die, etc.

I just tanked all of them and easily got the damage taken / received. I didn't bother with the magic burst one. Of note, doing this solo with trusts as I have I will end at 31500 Hallmarks, and this was with 5 or 6 seals used when I saw 3 bombs on VD. I'm not going to bother with the rest as I'll hit 900 today with just the first BLM/RDM run.

EDIT: Almost forgot. The Etheral Fists are really ugly, don't make the same mistake I did. I should have taken the sword or club.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-12-21 08:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

I trust in myself to continue doing content I enjoy. I also trust that SE will see this as a clear statement that Vana'Bout ain't it.

Carry on Stanley.

You had the chance to coin a fly term, but you didn't see the vision. I'll take the alley oop and finish the play

"Vana'Aint it"
(I'm here all day)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 18 19 20