users online
Forum » FFXI » General » December 2023 Version Update
December 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20
By SimonSes 2023-12-11 05:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
SimonSes said: »
This Diamond Haramaki set is *** amazing. This time I will be sad if I wont get rank3 :(

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It IS nice to finally have a catch up mechanic for the damned deeds

I just hope new players will be actually able to get enough points to achieve this tier..

It has to be on your main. You cannot trade them.

I know, I was already disappointed by that with previous sets, but neither of them looked as good as this Diamond.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-11 05:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a screenshot of the Diamond Haramaki? Well for both sets really.
By Tarage 2023-12-11 05:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is there a screenshot of the Diamond Haramaki? Well for both sets really.

They're on the official site.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-11 05:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that, but I can't access the official website from here #sadface
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-11 05:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-11 05:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that, but I can't access the official website from here #sadface

[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-11 06:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically nothing.

With a little wiggle room if you're trying to convince yourself you want to keep playing.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-12-11 06:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I dont think it will be only this for entire year. EP campaign and Segments campaign are imo very realistic. Galli maybe not so much in this year, but probably in future.

Seems feasible. They probably want to calibrate their expectations on an easy goal first time around, to see what sort of range players will hit before offering something fancy like that.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-11 06:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The white usukane really isnt much different from the zitah set... whtever that ***was called

Naga

Swapping for sapphire jade emerald or ruby would've been more interesting. (Actually, wouldn't have hated a medium amethyst)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-11 07:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoaaa I love that white usukane!

I'm a bit tight on inventory space for 5 more cosmetic stuff though. Maybe if I do some cleaning hmmmm
By SimonSes 2023-12-11 07:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoaaa I love that white usukane!

I'm a bit tight on inventory space for 5 more cosmetic stuff though. Maybe if I do some cleaning hmmmm

You need to win rank 3 on your main first :)
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-12-11 08:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra version of the new cosmetics. The diamond set is the better of the two imo. Emerald isn't bad though. I like it better than sapphire.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2023-12-11 08:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if listed, but if curious, possible list of new ROEs.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-11 08:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If the objective is to ambuscade with special obectives to boost next months ambuscade gains, that's janky.
(RDM enblizzard afk V2, cap)

Better than log 100,000 times, but still

1300, 10 at a time, it's a shitfuckton of buscade.

AND you have to unset half your objectives to turn them on, lol gross. Raise the RoE cap!
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2023-12-11 08:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They have plenty of room to add more, so could vary still from month to month.
By SimonSes 2023-12-11 10:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If the objective is to ambuscade with special obectives to boost next months ambuscade gains, that's janky.
(RDM enblizzard afk V2, cap)

Better than log 100,000 times, but still

1300, 10 at a time, it's a shitfuckton of buscade.

AND you have to unset half your objectives to turn them on, lol gross. Raise the RoE cap!

Your desire to criticize everything in FFXI starts to be really boring.

Not sure how you see it as 10 at a time, when you can clearly hit several RoE objectives during one Ambuscade.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2023-12-11 10:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Any update to the dats for stars and text.
By Dodik 2023-12-11 13:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »

Yes, 119/51.dat for font and UI was updated so would need to overwrite it again for custom fonts/UI.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2023-12-11 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Asura.Wormfeeder said: »

Yes, 119/51.dat for font and UI was updated so would need to overwrite it again for custom fonts/UI.

Has anyone posted them or can we use the ones from last months update?

I reinstalled the files from last month but no joy.
 Asura.Yasova
user: Nobility
By Asura.Yasova 2023-12-11 14:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know if the kupons regarding the cosmetics contain the full set of just one piece?
By Draylo 2023-12-11 14:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That new usu set is nice, some lockstyle ideas
By Agrestic 2023-12-11 15:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yasova said: »
does anyone know if the kupons regarding the cosmetics contain the full set of just one piece?
the kupons for the ruby/jadeite/sapphire sets granted all 5 pieces, so I expect the same for the new sets.
By Dodik 2023-12-11 15:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The old custom UI files still work, though will be missing the new controller button.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-12-11 21:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So this bit about the Flan BC in the update notes...
Quote:
The issue wherein a level difference adjustment was applied to the Peach Power battlefield.
* In accordance with this change, the monster stats have also been adjusted.
I pretty much expected this to just be level correction removal, then adjusting mob stats to make it about the same as before.

This is not what happened. I went from capped evade rate to floored, and from capped melee hit rate to floored, on ML41 PLD, unbuffed.

The mobs don't hit as hard per hit now. Before it was around 50~ dmg a hit, blocked(Duban). Now it's something like 5~21 per hit(No phalanx since they just steal it), but they basically always hit. So overall I'm actually taking a lot more damage than before. There may also be some sort of scaling factor for the mob's damage as the fight goes on. I only saw single digit dmg hits early on, and by the very end of the fight I saw a blocked hit for 50~ dmg.

The fight also felt like it took longer, but no solid data for comparison there. Helix II damage seemed about the same to me, but the other SCH reported reduced Kaustra damage. Didn't check the damage personally.

Pre-update I could pretty much spike hate at the start then AFK tank the rest of the fight on PLD, surviving off regen gear alone. This run I had to cure 4~5 times, as I could. (Animate is really annoying.)
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-12 00:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed my Leaden Salute > Viper Bite > Leaden Salute(Darkness) wasnt killing in one go... and that although numbers looked similar to before per WS, the fight took significantly longer. Did their HP go that much higher to adjust for the level change or something? Or is it strictly anecdotal due to excessive animates?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-12 00:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My Leaden Salute damage was doing noticeably less damage. I'm talking about like 50% less damage.

As for your hypothesys of "damage scaling up as the fight progresses" Martel, keep in mind that it's just possible that later on they simply stole more buffs and hence got more powerful thanks to that.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-12-12 01:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My Leaden Salute damage was doing noticeably less damage. I'm talking about like 50% less damage.

As for your hypothesys of "damage scaling up as the fight progresses" Martel, keep in mind that it's just possible that later on they simply stole more buffs and hence got more powerful thanks to that.
I had no offensive buffs for them to steal. The only things they could have taken were Protect, Crusade, and majesty. And only once each since I didn't recast.

So unless they get more powerful via stealing any buff, as opposed to the actual effects of the buff taken, I don't think this increase has anything to do with them taking buffs.

And that's not a lot of buffs to take either. 6 mobs, only 3 chances for any of them get to steal a buff, they all start hitting harder? Sounds off.
By Tarage 2023-12-12 03:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Right so, Vanabout this time around seems to be "Do *** Ambuscade you ***".

Also it seems you can get every reward ONCE.

EDIT:
Okay no, the math doesn't pan out for that. What I should be saying is "Even if you could get multiples of the points, you can only pick an option once". This, it turns out, is completely pointless in terms of actual possible point accumulation.

Assuming that there will be 10 daily RoE that reset each day, and that they are always 10 points each, we get the following math:

Five 30 point monthly tasks for a total of 150 points.
Ten 10 point daily tasks for a total of 100 per day.
15 days(Assuming you started at midnight PST tonight and did it before the JP midnight reset) for a total of 1500 total daily points, or 1650 total POSSIBLE points.

You will only be able to pick one Gold Tier category a month. You will only be able to pick one Silver Tier category per month, and if you do, you won't be able to pick a Gold Tier. You will only be able to pick a maximum of 5 Bronze Tiers.

You need about 10000 people to max out points to reach the 16,275,000 goal. Assuming the server population is correct, you need 1/8th of the serve to max if no one else contributes.

I'm not feeling good about these odds.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2023-12-12 04:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by what is on the Vanabout site, it seems more like a Deeds system than a point-spend system? The tiers listed just say "Earn 300/900/1300" points - and you can only choose one reward from each tier. Better for those that want a reward from each, but a shame if you wanted to stop up on Kupon-I-Aby I guess!

Elidyr missed one RoE from the looks of things - daily.
Don't Die (3 times).
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-12-12 06:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That goal is absolutely insane. I wonder if they're planning to fudge the numbers or just totally out of touch; it's not even an easy ambuscade month.

Hallmarks/Gallantry/Take/Receive damage are pretty easy. Clear within 5 min is something a casual could combine with the 3 daily in an easy level. But, many of the dailies are not very likely to be hit by people who are not going out of their way to farm plaudits, and the only personal goal people will likely care about is the deeds.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20