First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 07:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
That goal is absolutely insane. I wonder if they're planning to fudge the numbers or just totally out of touch; it's not even an easy ambuscade month.

Hallmarks/Gallantry/Take/Receive damage are pretty easy. Clear within 5 min is something a casual could combine with the 3 daily in an easy level. But, many of the dailies are not very likely to be hit by people who are not going out of their way to farm plaudits, and the only personal goal people will likely care about is the deeds.
Are you really "wondering" "IF" they're out of touch. Honestly. Bruh.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Better than log 100,000 times, but still

1300, 10 at a time, it's a shitfuckton of buscade.

You get 120 each day for going 3x (lul!) and you have to go 7/14 days + the onetime "rounds" for the only good item (deeds) If you want datgold. You gotta go almost every day! I really wanted the deeds but, nah son, that ain't happenin.

21 V1N+ seems like a ton for a normie for the deeds, and 30+ V1N+ is... excessive

They're already tracking progress. 46,280/16,275,000
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-12 07:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how "Don't Die" is an objective.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2023-12-12 07:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It definitely feels like the dailies are aimed for people to attempt the Normal instead of the Intense Ambuscade - elemental damage (on a flan), take damage from AoEs, quick clears.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-12-12 07:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been 46,280 for like 90 minutes. I imagine at least a few people have done the objective, so I wonder how often it syncs/updates. When did it go live?

Are you really "wondering" "IF" they're out of touch. Honestly. Bruh.

There are degrees to it. Maybe I'm the one estimating poorly, but I find it hard to imagine we will make more than 1/3 of that goal, generously. That would make their new event look like a huge failure, so why set it so high? I guess we'll see.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 07:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They think all the bots and mule accounts that keep their numbers pumped up actually do ambuscades.

This goal would've been easily beaten last month when they thought it was going out live and gave zero *** about adjusting it for a terribad month.

All you Stans better get your *** out there. If you fail to get SIXTEEN MILLION points they're gonna close the game down due to the failure.
 Bahamut.Certainly
Server: Bahamut
user: Lutia
By Bahamut.Certainly 2023-12-12 08:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah no, they can shove that daily stuff where the sun don't shine. Absolutely not worth the extreme time investment.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 08:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The maximum points you can get is like... 2k

For 16 million, that means 8,000 people need to max completely out. Or 12,000 hit gold. 18,000 hit silver. or 50,000 players at least hit bronze.
(or one hundred thousand do a couple runs and give up)

Wild. No shot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-12-12 08:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Best part is the return campaign starting with 3 days left, so the casual returners can't really help.
By Felgarr 2023-12-12 09:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the reward again? Ambu bonus points next month, if we hit 16 million points this month?

I feel like not doing it ...just in protest.

SE is so out of touch. (Remember BST job adjustments were a reskinned watermelon pet?) God damn it...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 09:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

These rewards arent worth doing ambuscade for well over an hour a day every day.

If the goals were party based (ie: anyone in party heals for 300+, everyone gets the credit), I might be more inclined. What backline job is doing 20 weapon skills? What melee is doing 10 magic bursts?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 09:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
What's the reward again? Ambu bonus points next month, if we hit 16 million points this month?

I feel like not doing it ...just in protest.

SE is so out of touch. (Remember BST job adjustments were a reskinned watermelon pet?) God damn it...

Please do. (Protest, as in don't do it)

Do not tell them this is acceptable by doing it. For once. One time. Say no to ***.

(They will absolutely lie and say we got the 16m)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The challenge period is 12 days away:
You can get 100 points daily, so 1200 points if you full clear the daily board every day
150 points from the round
1350 points total.

For whats likely gonna be something like 10-15k exemplar points. A shitty EP group can pull 3x that in one hour. Are they out of their *** mind?

The only only worth the time investment is 100 deeds at 900 plaudits cause Deeds are their own time gated content.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-12 09:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fail Enix and their adventure on liquidating the current retail player base 1 *** trash update at a time.

Can they just talk to the community and ask them what they want? Seems like 5 year passes before they do 1 thing people ask for.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 10:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1300 rewards should be a chunk of Muffins, or a reset ambu rewards, something worthwhile. Not a *** beitetsu box lol.
[+]
By waffle 2023-12-12 10:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So the mission is to do an awful lot of ambuscade to earn the reward of doing an awful lot of ambuscade?
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-12-12 10:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a break last month and I don't plan on coming back until I get the itch. I'll totally lurk for several months, but do MOAR ambu is not winning hearts and minds.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-12 10:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you come up with a cheesy setup you could do all these objectives in 3 ambus.

Nuke 500 damage is insanely easy, you can do it from a subjob if the mob isn't too strong. Win 3 ambu, don't die, and clear normal difficulty are all free. Make 3 SC per ambu, do 7 WS per ambu, and cast ~12 nukes per ambu, including a few MBs.

Might require some job changes between runs. Give each member 1 run on a healer/PLD, or loads of people come on cheesy jobs. DNC/BLM might be the play here.

Will be interesting to see how people game this system to speedrun it.

Edit: friend pointed out RDM can slam all these objectives. Do RDM.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple to do, juice ain't worth the squeeze

Same reason people generally don't do grow&harvest or do besieged twice, 5000 campaign points.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-12 10:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if it will be "worth it" but I think the claims of doing 10000 ambu is a bit of a stretch. 3 ambu a day for 14 days is 42 ambu total. If you spend ~10 minutes per ambu that's 7 hours of time, to get (ideally):
-Ethereal Weapon or abyssea item(s)
-100 deeds
-EP (it says this is based on plaudits completed)
-Extra Abdhaljs seal every day per difficulty
-6 more days of monthly campaigns

I mean, IDK that doesn't seem like an awful deal.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-12-12 10:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah seems like a major flop, none of the rewards are that enticing for me to consider spending my time daily to get that stuff done. If the 1300 plaudits tier had something of significant value then perhaps, but this game already has me tied up for a couple hours a day with daily content stuff. I agree... 1300 plaudits for a beitetsu box? lolzzz. I suppose they thought the extension of the following campaign period would be the big reward but honestly even the campaigns are mostly duds now too... unless they introduced exemplar point+, I don't see having an extra couple days of skill up campaigns and vagary campaigns as that rewarding lol.

I was hopeful for this, I like the idea of the system... but the rewards are incredibly subpar in my opinion.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 10:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
So do it and tell us how long it took you to clear all 10 daily goals on rdm.

You're saying its 30 minutes, vamanos.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-12 10:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
So do it and tell us how long it took you to clear all 10 daily goals on rdm.

You're saying its 30 minutes, vamanos.

I'll be doing it after myself and my friends get off work, will report back when we have some info. Thinking about it theoretically though, it's not hard to see it:
Ice, Thunder, Wind nukes: 20 seconds each, 1 minute for all
Heals: Depends how hard it is to take damage in here. 10 cures are a second each, not even worth counting
Skillchains: 5 seconds each
WS: 3 seconds each
MB: 5 seconds each, shares time with SCs, but you can do multiple per SC.
Clear ambu, don't die, clear normal+: Free when doing the rest

It's not hard to see how this could be done extremely quickly.
 Bahamut.Certainly
Server: Bahamut
user: Lutia
By Bahamut.Certainly 2023-12-12 10:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Same reason people generally don't do grow&harvest
The hell, I always do grow & harvest. Takes no more than 5 minutes of my time on 3 days.
[+]
 Asura.Alfylicious
By Asura.Alfylicious 2023-12-12 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I had just remembered this before I had to go to work this morning. Figured I would see what I could get before reset. I did 3x V2N. Went as SCH for the first 2 and completed everything except 20 weaponskills. I opened with the cure macro I use for the omen healing objective and just spammed spells and made SCs as books replenished and always bursted 2 spells off each sc. Then I just hopped on thief for the 3rd one. I would probably go Bard instead of thief because I had a slow aura that was pretty obnoxious. There was no wait and the HP to Foret was free. Was definitely around 30 min start to finish at most.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-12 11:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ice, Thunder, Wind nukes: 20 seconds each, 1 minute for all
I've done them all on RDM with enspells.

Seraph > Red > mb fire
Red > Seraph > mb stone

Took me more time to do heals, had to strip myself of gear a couple of times to get real damage... then again I was on "normal" regular ambu. I guess it would be easier to do on D or VD.
Also I saboteured slow2/para2/addle2, might want to avoid that to make it faster I guess?

But you can basically do everything in a single run except, of course, for the objectives that require you to do ambu 3 times, survive 3 times etc.

Faster spot to get Vermin btw? I've been going to Den of Rancor #1 then killing 3 worms.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 11:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Certainly said: »
The hell, I always do grow & harvest. Takes no more than 5 minutes of my time on 3 days.

On one account. How about your 2box. 3box. 9box. or mule number 37. Missing out on all those free mars orbs.
Congratulations on learning what the word generally means.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-12 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Certainly said: »

On one account. How about your 2box. 3box. 9box. or mule number 37. Missing out on all those free mars orbs.
Congratulations on learning what the word generally means.

Now it's your turn to learn what "People" means. Is each one of my 37 mules a different person?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-12 11:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest part about grow and harvest is needing to go to the mog garden and its 10 minute loading screen to pick up seeds then changing furnishings for a couple days. But you're already changing furnishings for AMAN moghancement anyways.

Its at best a "pest" on the nuisance scale
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 11:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1/37 is a 3% completion rate, that's "not doing it"
First Page 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20