Forum » FFXI » General » November 2017 Version Update
November 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-10 11:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyonr compared double D's statue locations to original dynamis spawn maps?
By clearlyamule 2017-11-10 11:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Wouldn't really say Frog was "easy" before the "gravity trick" was developed last time.

Before that it required a very specific setup with pet jobs, mostly PUPs cycling Overdrive.
That's how we did it on Asura before the Gravity thing at least.
Thing could go easily wrong if your pups weren't equipped nicely enough and there wasn't a lot of space for errors.

Still easier than other months I guess.

You guys are making it more complicated than it should be lol. The only pet job required is smn for mew and /smn works too.

We used erinys setup before gravity discovered: Tank thf x2 cor smn and such, thf just run in and ws with regain roll and smn do mew. Compare with other VD it was still one of the easier vol1 vd without gravity. Some ls mate already been triboxing vd 1hr after update.
Completely different method but yeah I was triboxing VD with pups right after update too... well once I figured out ranged wasn't going to work. God this is even better than last time since the point update
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-10 11:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Wouldn't really say Frog was "easy" before the "gravity trick" was developed last time.

Before that it required a very specific setup with pet jobs, mostly PUPs cycling Overdrive.
Thing could go easily wrong if your pups weren't equipped nicely enough and there wasn't a lot of space for errors.

You guys are making it more complicated than it should be lol. The only pet job required is smn for mew and /smn works too.

We used erinys setup before gravity discovered: Tank thf x2 cor smn and such, thf just run in and ws with regain roll and smn do mew. Compare with other VD it was still one of the easier vol1 vd without gravity. Some ls mate already been triboxing vd 1hr after update.
Completely different method but yeah I was triboxing VD with pups right after update too... well once I figured out ranged wasn't going to work. God this is even better than last time since the point update

Anything info. wise outside pet jobs? I'd like to finish Idris this week!
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2017-11-10 11:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't figure out what triggers fortifying wail (heals and summons adds). Shockwave reliably sleeps them
By clearlyamule 2017-11-10 11:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

Use autos or prevent it from getting enough tp to use move. Or nail down exactly what causes it to switch between hammer/wail though that's sounding like highly limiting your jobs and buffs
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-10 11:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

Use autos or prevent it from getting enough tp to use move. Or nail down exactly what causes it to switch between hammer/wail though that's sounding like highly limiting your jobs and buffs

I should just buy the rest...
By Ruaumoko 2017-11-10 12:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one of my older videos but this is how we cleared the Frog on VD before the Gravity trick.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Use the Valoredge frame and gear it for melee DPS.
Use player equipment to give it DT-% when needed.
Switch between DPS and DT-% set as needs-must.
Have some Mulsums ready.

You only need x1 Overdrive per fight and the hardest part is really just finding enough 1200 job pointed PUP to fill out.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-11-10 12:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
So it is true thank god now I’m excited :). Odd they keep posting every week increments when it seems to be the same thing over and over but the exp keep getting better

Seems like on fridays and the last week are PLUS campaigns, with better rewards/more cp, which is why it seems to be repeating.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-10 12:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Might try 1 more defensive attachment like analyzer. Even without earth it tends to be enough for me that I usually don't need any healing for autos.

Also if doing just 2 autos I find it's worth it to have the non OD one be sharpshot... while it does basically no dmg setting up a good skillchain and giving def down for the OD one is nice. And as you can see in that video distortion is not a good skillchain. Best elements to hit frogs is thunder followed by a tie with fire, wind, then dark
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2017-11-10 13:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Any way to stop spawns from the frog?
By zaxtiss 2017-11-10 13:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone tried out V2 ambu yet?
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-10 14:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK feet made me cry .. unless they do more than reduce the defense penalty. Someone make them so I know whether to waste my time on them or not .. lol. I hope the rest of the set is worth using.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-10 14:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »
Any way to stop spawns from the frog?
Don't let it use tp moves or make it only use hammer
[+]
By Creecreelo 2017-11-10 14:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Before using the Gravity method, we used Mewing Lullaby + Dnc + Sch, with some buffs from Geo/Cor.

Sch would make Grav -> Dnc CF Rudra -> Dark -> RF Rudra -> Dark, and that would be enough to finish it off. Not sure how much more HP it would have this time around though.

Afair, the acc requirements for the frog were pretty low. As long as Acc is fine, Dnc is much better than Thf when it comes to these kinds of fights imo. Box Step, RF, CF multiple Rudras, crazy high SC dmg bonus traits and Subtle Blow really helps push the advantage to Dnc over Thf.
By Creecreelo 2017-11-10 14:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
DRK feet made me cry .. unless they do more than reduce the defense penalty. Someone make them so I know whether to waste my time on them or not .. lol. I hope the rest of the set is worth using.

I hear ya. It's crazy just how PLAIN some of the +3 feet are and then you have feet like Cor and Rdm, which received some amazing enhancements.

All they needed to do was add Last Resort duration to the feet and they'd be a great addition, but nada.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-10 15:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I hear ya. It's crazy just how PLAIN some of the +3 feet are and then you have feet like Cor and Rdm, which received some amazing enhancements.

All they needed to do was add Last Resort duration to the feet and they'd be a great addition, but nada.

It's still possible .. but it'd be more obvious if they changed the description from Last Resort +1 to something else. Feels like the AF+3 feet in that it's just a sole macro piece which doesn't add much more than a regular 119. The relic hands will be amazing .. and the head, but the body and legs might get similar treatment.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-10 16:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I would take the description at face value.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-10 16:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I would take the description at face value.

Yeah I'm not expecting any change to it, which sucks really. It's not even worth upgrading unless you've got nothing left to get. Rather go in on THF or COR at this point.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-11-10 16:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one really disappointed by this update? When Omen released, it released with full sets of AF+2/3, as well as the super rare drop bodies, and about 19 really good accessories. Later we got crafting recipes for more gears, and Ou.

This content releases after 1 year, and we get...upgraded relic feet?

I really was looking forward to paging through gears and checking out all kinda of cool stuff I can spend the next year collecting, and prioritizing based on how much of an upgrade it is, and how much I value the Job. Pretty bummed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-10 16:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Then express your dissatisfaction by unsubbing. These feet are 21/22 garbage and holyfuckingshitCOR.

You keep paying, they have no reason to bother putting out quality.

If I can have your money, and give zero ***, no brainer.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-10 17:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM's isn't even close to garbage.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-10 17:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the new mage set has more m.eva and more refresh than Inyanga, in addition to being equippable by more jobs. Not totally a waste. Relic seems like it is scaled lower than AF, I guess dynamis is meant to be more casual content than omen.

As disappointing as this update is, I would expect to see a new dynamis zone with a new relic slot and a new set of exclusive gear roughly every 2 months until they are all released. I don't think it's the worst thing they could've done, though I am disappointed that we are still lacking truly difficult content.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-11-10 17:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the attack on the bst feet...

BST haters go away!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-10 18:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
RDM's isn't even close to garbage.

The piece may or may not be by themselves, but the job is so the feet are too.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-10 18:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-10 19:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
It's one of my older videos but this is how we cleared the Frog on VD before the Gravity trick.
They nerfed Automaton Ranged damage though this time, or so Dasva claims on BG forums.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-10 19:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
They nerfed Automaton Ranged damage though this time, or so Dasva claims on BG forums.
He was using valoredge so np there. I can confirm valoredge still wrecks the frog
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2017-11-15 10:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
anyone tried out V2 ambu yet?
V2 use adds (books) which are not attacking, despite the fact they sometimes run to a player, and give boss some enhancements.
Ars Espiritus = regen
The Immovable Object = magical defense (+ physical ???)
I'm killing these 2 at top priority since they slow the fight.
Others books, i'm just ignoring them.
Didn't try to take the books far from boss to see if boss still receive enhancements.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-11-15 11:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Then express your dissatisfaction by unsubbing. These feet are 21/22 garbage and holyfuckingshitCOR.

You keep paying, they have no reason to bother putting out quality.

If I can have your money, and give zero ***, no brainer.

I'm liking the prospect of having StoreTP+22 on a single piece that also has Accuracy+42 and Attack+61. I'm fine with losing a couple points of triple attack if it means I need an entire attack round less to WS.

[edit] And considering I have an afterglow Terpsichore, losing a couple of points of Triple Attack isn't going to hurt me that badly.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8