Nintendo NX Is Now The Nintendo Switch.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-20 15:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-20 17:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Ackeron said: »
Only Wii U game was Breath of Wind. Maybe the NBA one but not sure on that.

The trailer showed off the new edition of Skyrim which ok not important but a new 3D Mario, New Mario Kart, and New Splatoon.

That's actually a better starting lineup then the Wii U had.
What makes you think those were new Kart and Splatoon games? Nintendo is rumored to be doing Wii U remasters and those looked like existing stages to me

The 3D Mario is the only one where we saw stages that weren't in SM3DW

Can't say anything about splatoon but I know that you can't stack weapons in the wii u version of Mario kart as they can in the trailer
By Ackeron 2016-10-20 17:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Only Wii U game was Breath of Wind. Maybe the NBA one but not sure on that.

The trailer showed off the new edition of Skyrim which ok not important but a new 3D Mario, New Mario Kart, and New Splatoon.

That's actually a better starting lineup then the Wii U had.
What makes you think those were new Kart and Splatoon games? Nintendo is rumored to be doing Wii U remasters and those looked like existing stages to me

The 3D Mario is the only one where we saw stages that weren't in SM3DW

Can't say anything about splatoon but I know that you can't stack weapons in the wii u version of Mario kart as they can in the trailer
King Boo also isn't a character in Mario Kart 8 as well. The mechanic to store additional items though is completely new and I would strongly doubt that they would change such a major thing in a remaster.

People are saying the Splatoon one (I didn't play it) has new hairstyles or tentacle styles w/e, a small addition like that might be a remaster though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-20 17:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like the design of it
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-20 17:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i like it , except the docking part, as dust or stuff could fall in there, build up, and possibly scratch the screen ?
seems the main processing is in the tablet as well
I really like the optional bigger 1piece gamepad, shown in the splatoon segment.
By Draylo 2016-10-20 17:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Vita already does this, the streaming sucks though. Hopefully this doesn't require WiFi or that will kill it. I lost a lot of faith in Nintendo, they are such a money hungry lame cutthroat company. They love to squeeze every penny they can just like with those ambiio and how they come out with 5 different versions of one product.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-20 17:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
yes, it's worth it

...wait, what do you mean, "wrong topic"?
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-10-20 17:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

King Boo also isn't a character in Mario Kart 8 as well. The mechanic to store additional items though is completely new and I would strongly doubt that they would change such a major thing in a remaster.

People are saying the Splatoon one (I didn't play it) has new hairstyles or tentacle styles w/e, a small addition like that might be a remaster though.
I definitely missed the backup item in MK, though still, they're clearly in Yoshi's Circuit which is not only from MK8 but also remixed from GCN, so would they really remix it again? Adding a backup item to swap to isn't really a huge gameplay mechanic either

I am very reluctant to think these are brand new games based on what they showed
By Ackeron 2016-10-20 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The console doesn't stream anything. That screen people are holding has everything in it. The Dock is to charge the system for mobile play and to act as way for it to transmit to a TV via the HDMI cable or w/e.
By Ackeron 2016-10-20 17:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely missed the backup item in MK, though still, they're clearly in Yoshi's Circuit which is not only from MK8 but also remixed from GCN, so would they really remix it again? Adding a backup item to swap to isn't really a huge gameplay mechanic either

I am very reluctant to think these are brand new games based on what they showed
Tell that to this guy, an extra shroom or shell coulda saved him!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-20 19:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The console doesn't stream anything. That screen people are holding has everything in it. The Dock is to charge the system for mobile play and to act as way for it to transmit to a TV via the HDMI cable or w/e.

Dock potentially has additional processing hardware in it to make 1080p/60fps possible when in at-home mode.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-10-20 20:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dock potentially has additional processing hardware in it to make 1080p/60fps possible when in at-home mode.

Did someone say "dock"?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2016-10-20 20:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling it won't be as seamless as they make it seem in the video.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2016-10-20 20:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

meh all this gimmicks will make the console too expensive.

Wii U did the same they sold a $100 console for $300 cause they wanted you to have a tablet and here it is again.

Maybe in the future they will have a gimmick free version then i'll be in.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-20 21:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like it has potential but $225-$250 is all I will pay for it. The 3rd party games will be better on the other two consoles.
By Yatenkou 2016-10-20 21:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be the first time something got remade several times.

*looks over at halo's Blood Gulch, Hemmorhage, Valhalla, Coagulation, Ragnarok...*

Post deleted by User.
By Faelar 2016-10-20 21:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
...how they come out with 5 different versions of one product.

No no no, that's Capcom.
*glares at Street Fighter IV*
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-20 21:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
nintendo should come out with VR already.
(hopefully this console has it..)

what i would do to flee/fly around in zelda missions and zones..

gawd no. I feel like this is the shittiest idea, like going back to the virtuaboy days.
please please dont make me game on the current VR technology.
*** you sony. worst idea since the vita.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-10-20 21:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »

Wouldn't be the first time something got remade several times.

*looks over at halo's Blood Gulch, Hemmorhage, Valhalla, Coagulation, Ragnarok...*
Not saying remakes/remasters are necessarily bad, and they certainly are plentiful in this industry, but it's not what they should have lead with.

"Switch, the system with 3-year old Skyrim and Wii U ports" is the impression they gave with this. They needed to drive it home with new games from their killer IPs.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-20 21:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Nintendo actually has any new games to show at this time, other than Zelda. They did appear to show a new Mario game. But as far as actual footage they have nothing coming out.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-20 21:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hey there was absolutely nothing wrong with the vita outside of Sony being ***at getting publisher support for it
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-20 21:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sony should have never gotten into the handheld market, nintendo has had that locked down for decades. Its the one constant thing they have been good at.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-20 22:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

hey there was absolutely nothing wrong with the vita outside of Sony being ***at getting publisher support for it
which is exactly why vita gets no love from me.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-20 23:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Docking station confirmed to just be a charging and connection port. All the processing power is in the tablet.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-20 23:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-20 23:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention the super expensive memory cards.

I love my VITA but Sony makes some stupid decisions.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8