Nintendo NX Is Now The Nintendo Switch.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-21 16:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah well then thats perfect. well not really perfect but acceptable. still hard to compete with systems that are putting 500gb-1TB hard drives in their consoles on release. For third party that is.
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-21 16:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
The problem. Nintendo cannot compete against the mega giant consumer electronics manufacturer named Sony. Microsoft tries yet fails miserably.

Xbox 360 was on par with PS3 sales. By what metric was that a failure?

PS4 blew out of the gate with a significant lead over Xbox One in N. America, but Xbox One took the #1 sales spot this July and has held that lead ever since.

Quote:
Switch will allow you to have a portable + console gaming experience. Nobody else offers such. Not Sony. Not Microsoft. Not even PC.

Let's hope for their sake the current talk of its batter life isn't representative of the final product then.

"NX battery 3 hours max on dev kit, dock improves performance, touchscreen" -Laura Dale
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-21 16:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »
The problem. Nintendo cannot compete against the mega giant consumer electronics manufacturer named Sony. Microsoft tries yet fails miserably.

PS4 blew out of the gate with a significant lead over Xbox One in N. America, but Xbox One took the #1 sales spot this July and has held that lead ever since.

I mean in america ya... buy a few hundred units each month. probably because the 4k Blu-ray. But also their global sales are ***. half of the ps4. They might be ok in NA but not anywhere else.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 17:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Nintendo has confirmed it will be compatible with SD cards.

If they follow the chain of thought from the New3DS it will be limitless on how big the SD card can be. Using a 32gig one for my 3DS right now.
Ive bought direct DL gaming on PS4 and the highest I recall was around 30~40GB so that should cover. Im fairly certain they should have at least 64GB if not 500GB or 1TB size SD cards? Idk
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-21 17:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If they follow the chain of thought from the New3DS it will be limitless on how big the SD card can be. Using a 32gig one for my 3DS right now.
Ive bought direct DL gaming on PS4 and the highest I recall was around 30~40GB so that should cover. Im fairly certain they should have at least 64GB if not 500GB or 1TB size SD cards? Idk

I thought 128 was the highest?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 17:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The Red Ring of Death sold alot more XB360s on it's own enough... I owned like 5 or 6+ white systems just to keep playing FFXI and wound up eventually w/ an Elite as well. SUCCESS!
PS4 has sold to a 4:1 ratio vs XB1? That's laughable and XB360 sales have an asteric w/ the RRD surrounding it.
NIN > XB let alone PS. MS is the real loser IMO w/ the arrival of Switch. I was considering an XB Scorpio but now it's looking more like PS4 PRO + Switch instead. XB is just another Sony machine w/ less good games from 1st party devs.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-21 18:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

PS4 has sold to a 4:1 ratio vs XB1? That's laughable and XB360 sales have an asteric w/ the RRD surrounding it.
NIN > XB let alone PS. MS is the real loser IMO w/ the arrival of Switch. I was considering an XB Scorpio but now it's looking more like PS4 PRO + Switch instead. XB is just another Sony machine w/ less good games from 1st party devs.

No point turning this into a console war. The numbers speak for themselves.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 19:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No point turning this into a console war. The numbers speak for themselves.
Idk about you but the XB360 was the lowest quality manufactured gaming machine I was ever forced to repurchase repeatedly over and over again. MS "greatest" selling system was total trash. That's my verdict. Idc about console wars nor XB sales numbers. MS should consider themselves very fortunate that the PS4 PRO does not offer a 4K player.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-21 19:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »

I thought 128 was the highest?
Quick Google and 500GB + 1TB size SD cards are available alrdy atm. Looks like Micro SD cards are alot cheaper >_>;
Switch will allow you to have a portable + console gaming experience. Nobody else offers such. Not Sony. Not Microsoft. Not even PC.

Let's hope for their sake the current talk of its batter life isn't representative of the final product then.

"NX battery 3 hours max on dev kit, dock improves performance, touchscreen" -Laura Dale
They sell external batts for cell phones. If you can hook up a 2500~5000 mah external. Hopefully less issues.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-21 22:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-22 00:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This was extremely interesting reading. After I got around to it. Thx
Quote:
The “Detachable NX Controllers Support Motion Control and Force Feedback” Report
Quote:
The “Switch has a multitouch screen” Tweets
Was thinking how great it would be for those detachable L/R analogs to somehow work like the Wii Nunchuck.
This Switch just might be the greatest console design NIN ever made...
If it incorporates both Wii & WiiU designed controls into the package while also turning every game developed into portable? Sign me up
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-22 00:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping the same thing, the nunchuk was the most comfortable thing ever just 'cause my arms and shoulders were free.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-22 00:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only room for one bear avatar user around these parts
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-22 00:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

but the Bruins are off to such a good start this year
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-10-22 04:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »

Habs > Bruins!

The world needs a new Nintendo Ice Hockey.
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-22 16:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »

Habs > Bruins!

The world needs a new Nintendo Ice Hockey.

BRING BACK BLADES OF STEEL
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-22 17:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nintendo Ice Hockey

I thought we learned from our sprited mistakes

I mean, you can't use these things to kill the other players! Already a boring game!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-22 19:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is Detachable. Nowadays.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-10-22 23:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My thinking, it will be more successful than most people think but less successful than the Wii.

The marketing around it is a lot less confusing than Wii U and I think there's a thirst for high quality gaming that is contiguous between home and mobile, without rebuying the same game 2x and or expecting downgraded portable versions.

From what I understand, the dock itself either has extra power or upclocks the Tegra inside the tablet when docked to get better graphics and then downclocks when it is portable.

What is speculated/rumored was 1080p/60fps docked 720p/60fps portable is Nintendo's target, at least for their own 1st party games.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-22 23:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I know probly nobody here owns a PS Vita but it is qHD supposedly, running 960x544 pixels on a smaller sized OLED screen, it looks. Which will be very interesting to see just how many pixels exactly the NIN Switch will have compared to the PS Vita in relation to size screen. The PS Vita looked absolutely amazing like Samsung's line of Galaxy OLED screens that dont explode.
Will NIN go OLED? Will it look alot better than PS Vita if not? Would be nice if they did. I'd rather pay $400 for OLED, maybe a Pro/Elite Edition?, over an LCD screen
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-23 08:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently NIN has confirmed that the Switch will NOT support Dual Screen play like the WiiU. Which is absolutely *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE imo... ugh. Do I buy the portable Zelda BotW w/ better graphics or the version w/ the perfectly clean item/map menu screen >< Gdi Nintendo...
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
My thinking, it will be more successful than most people think but less successful than the Wii.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
Always considered the Wii as Nintendo's worst system ever made... how ironic
Also this. PS4 is the fastest selling anything ever of all all time? WiiU was still alive if still beating out XB1 in sales...
Im sure that, even w/o Switch, BotW would have pushed WiiU further ahead
Quote:
The Neo Geo was a very powerful system when released, more powerful than any home computer or console at the time
Shame that Arcades went out like Dinosaurs really. Realized something was missing from that Wiki list of Systems
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-23 20:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Im expecting Switch to have a Tegra 2 inside

This dude is hilarious but nails the hammer on the head w/ his opinion about Nintendo's situation midway through the vid

Devs are all jumping on board due to a good reason which wouldnt add up having a Tegra 1 inside
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-10-23 20:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We know its a custom Tegra. It's probably not a Tegra X1 but a customized version of that, maybe with some pascal tech, but i doubt it will be a X2 as that chip is so new, it wasn't even available a few months ago.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-23 21:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We know its a custom Tegra. It's probably not a Tegra X1 but a customized version of that, maybe with some pascal tech, but i doubt it will be a X2 as that chip is so new, it wasn't even available a few months ago.
Neither were Nvida vid cards with 14nm tech for $100.

I will put RL$ on this thing being built on 14nm dies both CPU and GPU. Kinda has to be because batery life.

And if its going to be on new dies, why not X2? or at least X2ish.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-24 00:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

5:08 in the 1st Vid - Digital Foundry

9:35 in the 2nd Vid
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-10-24 00:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Neither were Nvida vid cards with 14nm tech for $100.

I will put RL$ on this thing being built on 14nm dies both CPU and GPU. Kinda has to be because batery life.

And if its going to be on new dies, why not X2? or at least X2ish.

I would be over the moon if this were true. Yeah, I saw the 1050 get leaked a few weeks ago and thought to myself, this is good news for the NX if nvidia can get cost of the cards down this low. Granted Tegra is a completely sepately business line for them, and they have been hungry for a gaming application outside shield.

Looks like they have it.

Reading the forums, someone's mentioned nvidia practically gave the chips up at cost to Nintendo, and this was months ago before it was official but after Eurogamer's report that it was going to be based on Tegra. so I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch way more powerful than expected for the price.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-10-24 01:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I alrdy have my Pre-Order going for PS4 PRO. Cannot wait to see such on my 4K HDR set but...
I would not be too surprised if Nintendo pulls a rabbit out of it's hat and totally dominates this Generation of consoles.

Even w/ 4K gaming otw from both Sony & MS alike portable gaming versions of those same exact cross platform games might be just what everyone was asking for all along. I know I was.

I have nothing but extremely high expectations for the Switch. If anyone could pull it off. It would be Nintendo themselves. Now I need another Pre-Order....

I guess the real "switch" was that of Nintendo themselves. Turning from PG-13 to Rated-M for Mature. Viva la Vita.. err ..Switch yah
By crimsondragon 2016-10-24 01:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else come here wondering what this thing is and only stayed for all the Nintendo nostalgia that followed?
By crimsondragon 2016-10-24 01:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

#bringbackmychildhood
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8