Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-08-03 15:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
August Intense VD:

Stuff

The encumbrance has taken effect for me every time on my PLD so far. I wonder if you are resisting the effect somehow as RUN? Maybe because of Vex?

Outside of incredibly sloppy pulls, this doesn't seem too bad for my group outside of the PLD taking a lot of dmg during encumbrance. Still figuring it out, but your info helped a lot, thanks for that.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 16:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We are only using Entrust Vex and I'm using triple Gelus runes. I'm surprised to be resisting the effect at all since all other forms of encumberance are 100% as far as I know.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-08-03 16:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhh...does anything in either Ambuscade even use elemental AoE to test out the reduction or do we really need to go do legion for that? All the gigas look to be melee oriented jobs, and I only saw the studious acrolith cast Thunder 4 and Addle 2.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-03 16:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Svens said: »
Uhh...does anything in either Ambuscade even use elemental AoE to test out the reduction or do we really need to go do legion for that? All the gigas look to be melee oriented jobs, and I only saw the studious acrolith cast Thunder 4 and Addle 2.

Maroliths can use subduction.

ugh, its Acrolith, not Maroliths.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 17:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Turned Intense VD into a 5 min fight by replacing our COR with another BLU and resetting Soul Voice via Nomad Moogle Wild Cards for each fight as I suggested a page back. We use non-Idris non-Bolster Frailty/Wilt, Entrust Vex, Baraera, triple Unda Valiance (not 100% sure if Muzzling Whallop is Fire, but it seems to help), Honor March/Ballad3/Madrigalx2 on melee, Honor March/Balladx3 on mages. RUN gathers 'em along a wall and BLUs go to town. We save the BST for last incase Charm actually lands, but so far it hasn't with Vex and triple Tenebrae runes.

Actually a fun fight this month. I'm glad Ambuscade isn't totally boring again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-08-03 19:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How much accuracy you rolling with for VD?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 20:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know values as I'm on RUN, but our DDs are using Sublime Sushi with SV Honor March/Madrigalx2 and are capped accuracy in their low acc TP sets.
By Nocki 2016-08-03 21:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that tank blu blu geo geo whm would end up working fine. I'll play with that setup later when my blu buddy gets home.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 21:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

With Radial Arcana being used to replenish MP loss from Muzzling Whallop, probably.
By Nocki 2016-08-03 21:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

With Radial Arcana being used to replenish MP loss from Muzzling Whallop, probably.
Have you tried stunning that move?
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-08-03 21:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Mookies said: »
I'm guessing mediocre geo = geo without idris? Not sure how a GEO can "perform" better other than being properly geared.

No, this particular geo is just a..bad player. I call non-idris geos "nq", this one was mediocre.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-03 21:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I might have completely glossed over somebody mentioning this, but we can get 20 dyes now. 10 from hallmarks, 5 from total hallmarks, and 5 from gallantry.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 21:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Have you tried stunning that move?
It's instant, but no, I haven't checked if stun lands.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-03 22:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple of findings about Acroliths.

Overpowering Acrolith takes several dmg from magic. Hes basically a melee acrolith.

Quirinus is the boss, he uses Furious Haymaker, Earthshatter and Sinker Drill. I think he used also the Dismemberment that seems several AoE dmg and loses both arms. BG says its a suicide move but he didnt die.

Studious Acrolith is a RDM acrolith. Has access to tier 4 nukes and uses several enfeebs. I saw him casting Adddle II, Distract III on me, as well casting Haste II in someone (not sure on himself or others). Has also access to Careful Hook. Studious Acrolith starts with several buffs that makes him a pain to melee. To name a few, Enthunder, Shell, Protect and mainly strong Shock Spikes that will keep the melees stunned. Finale can get rid of those one by one.

The hate is always weird. Once i try to grab the acroliths, the 3 Aggro but instead going toward me, they will just go after the white mage mule. She casted shellga and protectga before i engage, so maybe it also generate a kind of hate to make her the target even if the one aggroing the acroliths is the melee?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 22:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple extra notes on Muzzling Wallop:

- MP loss seems to be about Damage Taken x5. So taking 200 damage would deplete 1000 of your MP
- Might be fire based. Unda Valiance does seem to help a bit with reducing the damage on it.

We also found a way to negate it completely:
We've found that a BLU doing Diffusion Magic Barrier is a very good way to protect everyone's MP since normal Stoneskins would be quickly taken out from the boss's AoE auto attacks. We got hit by 2 Muzzling Wallops but lost 0 MP since everyone took 0 damage both times thanks to Magic Barrier. I believe this paired with Unda Valiance is the best way to handle Muzzling Wallop. Just have to make sure your WHM doesn't overwrite it with Solace Stoneskin.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-08-03 23:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomahawk worked pretty well on robots.

I think we went WAR/PLD/BLU/GEO/WHM/SAM

Sadly the WAR and SAM was doing the most damage. Probably could of pulled it off with only 5 people. But Gallantry is gewd, and mighty guard helps a bit.

I'm only 4/5 on Tomahawk. But tossing it at about 80% usually lets us zerg it down before it wears off.

Honestly as long as a DD is decked out/has moderate JP. Just about any DD should be able to trash this thing.
By Afania 2016-08-03 23:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

The hate is always weird. Once i try to grab the acroliths, the 3 Aggro but instead going toward me, they will just go after the white mage mule. She casted shellga and protectga before i engage, so maybe it also generate a kind of hate to make her the target even if the one aggroing the acroliths is the melee?

Ambuscade NM adds has always act that way from my personal experience.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-08-04 00:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Ambuscade NM adds has always act that way from my personal experience.

Indeed. Ambuscade has the same hate system as Vagary or Incursion. Unofficially, it's called party-hate or zone-hate. Once the fight starts, everyone is on everything's hate list. (Each time adds are summoned, like in last month's ambuscade, everyone is on the new hate lists).

The trick is to run in and use a self-buff JA once you've agroed them. As a PLD I Sentinel >> Warcry > Rampart and do most of my own healing in between vokes and flashes. I'm able to not directly voke or flash the adds and still keep them on me.

As a RUN (I have not tanked this on RUN), I would run in, pop warcry or valiance, voke, flash the boss and cast Foil as often as possible. Foil is a self-cast buff that generates good enmity on any target you have enmity on, which in Ambuscade is everything.

It's important that noone takes any action (no spells/JAs) while the tank is running to the boss. For instance, as I ran into agro tonight, a DRK Arcane Circled and the mobs tried to leave til I popped sentinel.

I never have mobs leave me.

Edit: Also /blu would be a valid sub for either tank in here if needed. Use Vallation to establish some initial hate, or Flash from a distance and immediately cast Foil.

Also note that this is not how enmity works in most content where supertanking is feasible. In that content, there's no need to pop warcry or whatever to assist in keeping aupertanked adds on you.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-04 18:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty simple fight once you negate Muzzling Wallop. Still fun, though.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-08-05 09:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Main boss seemed to take increased damage during mighty strikes. Can anyone else confirm this? Was just eyeballing but it seemed to be a pretty solid increase. Geo-frailty may have been down or something and I may not have noticed, just wanna make sure.

I went back and looked at the log. Maybe it's during tp moves? I'm getting inconsistent ws damage and my accuracy is fine. Pyrrhic Kleos is generally hitting for around 11-13k but occasionally it will drop down to around 6k for some reason.

Edit: Geo stuff was down, false alarm...

Youre correct but its not a special mechanism. Its that before Quirinus uses Mighty Strikes, he will buff himself with Warcry and Berserk, thus reducing its defense, explaining why you saw an increase in dmg dealt.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-05 14:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Read through the posts for this month, sorry if I missed someone else mentioning this. The biggest news in this month's ambuscade, to me, is that you can add 4th augment to 2 capes.
5 free from total hallmarks
10 can be purchased with hallmarks
5 can be purchased with gallantry
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-05 14:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Was mentioned on this very page. Lol
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-05 14:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

d'oh. need to read better when I'm excited about something.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-05 15:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody tried a mage set up for VD intense? I have not tried this month but if they take normal magic damage it might be possible to one shot them. The Yagudo VD intense took a few magic bursts though so I dunno.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-05 15:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They're taking reduced SC damage from Light Skillchains. Don't know if there's some element they'd take normal damage from, though. Plus Muzzling Wallop seems like it'd be hard to get around in a mage setup.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-08-05 16:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkness Skillchains and Night Terror are very effective, does about 18~26k dmg and 38~46k dmg during MB. Death MB could possibly work.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-08-05 20:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Death MB could possibly work.

Can't deplete your MP if it's already at 0!
[+]
By Verda 2016-08-05 20:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if already posted for the normal fight but is my findings, on entrance the add on your left is weak to physical and the add on your right is weak to magical. If you kill an add, the other add gets shock spikes and is very hard to melee. If you kill the left add only (the side with their huge arm, omg SE made a funny), it removes the physical DT of the main which starts in the middle. It made cdc go from 5k to 23k after killing the left add, which also dies very quickly because it is weak to physical.

We did a setup with THF RUN GEO BRD WHM Trust WHM today and we had a few hiccups but then it was smooth sailing. One skillchain is enough to kill the add (Resolution -> Rudra). Then you can kill the Main NM. It's not too worth skillchaining on him because he takes almost no magic damage. Killed him with about 3 resolution and 2 stacked WS and an unstacked WS. Also run with RUN COR BLU GEO BRD WHM and was also very fast. Last Stands do a lot of damage to both the add and the main NM.

Things to watch out for, I'd sub NIN on THF even though they clear it a lot with an aoe magic move. Keep at least 21% DT if you have hate, if shadows gone go full DT mode, even with 21% DT sinker drill did 1500 dmg to me, full DT was more like 950. If WHM is responsive and you use Scherzo you won't have much chance of dying. I'd kill first with a sneak attack, use trick attack on the main nm and then finish the fight with some unstacked and a sneak attack ws. That way you minimize any time you're either in front of them or have much hate.

We didn't try a mage setup killing only the one on the right add to remove magic damage taken maybe? We originally tried killing both first the right then the left, and it only took good physical but there's a possibility it only becomes weak to the last add you killed.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-05 20:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, 3 BLM bursting Death would probably one shot it before it can mess with your mana. There's also Mana Wall too (reducing all sources of damage by 95%.) It might just be faster to use melee anyways due to multiple giants, although you might be able to free nuke them too. I don't know.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-08-05 20:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking about intense btw, although based on your testimony I'm sure a mage set up could work on normal ambuscade too.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 28 29 30