New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Findings
Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 29 30
By Afania 2016-07-21 10:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I don't think old FFXI was really that much better. Standard Fafnir setup would include what, BRD, RDM, WHM, PLD, BLM? Maybe a SAM for SC but not really necessary? Kirin was PLD + WHM + SMN's or BLM's to DD kiting over the course of 1-4 hours. Most bosses turned into NIN and /NIN all the things.

You're right in that because there was no penalty for bringing extra people you could toss people in even if they were useless, but nowadays that would make some content either stupid hard for 6-man or extremely easy with 18-man. I mean if you could kill Schah with 6 people and it didn't get any more stats 18-man would laugh at that fight.

This, SE needs to keep the hardest content at certain difficulty so people don't finish everything and quit, without hp scaling T4 would be balanced to be only killable with 18 people.

I would rather have hp scaling and not get invite on gimp jobs, instead of finding 18 people for it. At this stage getting 18 ppl is just a pain in the ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-21 12:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I don't think old FFXI was really that much better. Standard Fafnir setup would include what, BRD, RDM, WHM, PLD, BLM? Maybe a SAM for SC but not really necessary? Kirin was PLD + WHM + SMN's or BLM's to DD kiting over the course of 1-4 hours. Most bosses turned into NIN and /NIN all the things.

You're right in that because there was no penalty for bringing extra people you could toss people in even if they were useless, but nowadays that would make some content either stupid hard for 6-man or extremely easy with 18-man. I mean if you could kill Schah with 6 people and it didn't get any more stats 18-man would laugh at that fight.

This, SE needs to keep the hardest content at certain difficulty so people don't finish everything and quit, without hp scaling T4 would be balanced to be only killable with 18 people.

I would rather have hp scaling and not get invite on gimp jobs, instead of finding 18 people for it. At this stage getting 18 ppl is just a pain in the ***.

Some people might have that problem, but large linkshells like mine operate on first come first serve because we have so many well qualified people. I really don't know how you could change the problem except by changing the mechanics based on the number of people. That would actually be kinda cool, but I bet it would be hard to implement.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-21 14:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Ambuscade its SO FFXIV.

Ambuscade gear its the equal of expert roulete gear give you in FFXIV, this gear make your jobs usable at decent level but never will keep up with raid gear.

If you raid ambuscade sets are weak

IF you dont raid ambuscade sets are a huge improvement over your sparks gear.

Spark gear 30%
Escha low tier 50%
Ambuscade NQ set 55%
Perfect augment alluvion skirmish gear 60%
Ambuscade HQ set 70%
Abjurations NQ sets 80%
Abjurations HQ sets 100%

Ambuscade was a event made for casuals, not for raiders. Its normal if you raid you find extremely boring this content.

If i could create an ambuscade fights for raiders

12 Man version. Rules

1.- 2 Tanks, 2 healers, 2 Supports, 6 DDS.
2.- Not Job stacking
3.- 30 min limit
4.- Content will have phases, multiple bosses, one shot mechs, DPS checks, tank busters and healing checks.
5.- Rewards alexandrites sacks, heavy metal plates sacks, Dyamis AC sacks, items for augment R/M/E/A weapons similar ambuscade cape and can be only obtained in this version ambuscade.

I don't mean this be insulting, but I know it's going to sound that way.

You seem to not understand FFXI on a fundamental level.

The heart and soul of FFXI is gearswaps. It allows such an incredible diversity in gearing based on content level, buffs and situation. To say that Ambuscade gear is weaker than Abjuration gear is misinformation at best.Sulevia +1 is still pretty much the best, most accessible dt/dd hybrid gear on the jobs that have access to it. The new Skadi is pretty solid pdt/dt gear. The feet have an absurd amount of AGI along with ranged attack and accuracy, making them quite potent for several ranged WS. Even the martial job set had a body that was BiS for idle regen.

But that's just a minor point. Forcing a job into a particular role and making a fight require certain jobs goes against the very sandbox nature of the game. FFXI has always been about figuring out ways to do things better, often times doing things the devs never accounted for (Bard tanking is a pretty great example, as are KC DRK zergs, completely ignoring melee in favor of Scholar skillchains...)

FFXI is a game that gives you a box of tools and says "You figure it out." I would wager that is why I, and many other current subscribers still play. We don't want to be told what to do, we just want to do.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-21 16:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Afania said: »

Some people might have that problem, but large linkshells like mine operate on first come first serve because we have so many well qualified people. I really don't know how you could change the problem except by changing the mechanics based on the number of people. That would actually be kinda cool, but I bet it would be hard to implement.

I'm aware that there are large ls out there feeling like they are being "punished" with hp scaling, I'm just offering different perspective. IMO HP scaling rewards people pushing certain aspect of the job.

For example, GEO nowadays often have to do more than bubble blowing, such as cure, stun, sleep or na duty. That is probably due to hp scaling system. If your geo can't do cures, stun, sleep or na, you may have to find another member to do these things, thus higher hp. On the other hand if your geo can do more than bubble blowing, you can go with less members and get an advantage of having less NM HP.

Another example is DD jobs, if DD A is capable of dealing 2x more dps than DD B and DD C, then group with DD A are being rewarded with less hp while group with DD B and C gets more hp.

In other words, hp scaling encourages players gear better, pushes certain aspect of the job beyond the limit, it rewards group that manage their manpower efficiently, instead of rewarding people mindless toss bodies at NMs.

I'm not saying one way is better than another, I just don't think hp scaling is THAT bad from game design perspective.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 17:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

But that's just a minor point. Forcing a job into a particular role and making a fight require certain jobs goes against the very sandbox nature of the game. FFXI has always been about figuring out ways to do things better, often times doing things the devs never accounted for (Bard tanking is a pretty great example, as are KC DRK zergs, completely ignoring melee in favor of Scholar skillchains...)

SE removed that sandbox nature when they started giving every NM huge aoe's with crippling status effects that they could use whenever. This directly lead us to depend on Vex/Attunment, SC/MB or even RNG setups. When they gave those same NM's ridiculous evasion scaling (~35 per level) it directly lead us to rely solely on SC MB setups. Furthermore due to the bat ***insane HP scaling aspect, we need to milk every ounce of power from every slot or just not bring people. This lead to the current environment of exclusivity.

Basically the "SE make the game HARDER!!!" people, who don't even play anymore, *** over every else in the community.

To say that Ambuscade gear is weaker than Abjuration gear is misinformation at best.Sulevia +1 is still pretty much the best, most accessible dt/dd hybrid gear on the jobs that have access to it. The new Skadi is pretty solid pdt/dt gear. The feet have an absurd amount of AGI along with ranged attack and accuracy, making them quite potent for several ranged WS. Even the martial job set had a body that was BiS for idle regen.

Ambuscade gear is deliberately weaker. Stat wise it's purposefully kept to be less then Abjuration / SR / Augmented Escha gear. It's an easy to get set for returning / casual players that enables them to at least participate in base level end game content. A newly minted WAR/DRK/DRG could put on Sulvia +1 gear with a Haste +10% back and a cheap haste +5% belt and be able to kill other NM's to get better gear. SE also took the time and gave all the Ambuscade gear with greater then normal defensive stats so that it would still have a purpose for players who already have good gear.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-07-21 21:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any correct order to kill the gobs?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-22 00:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 4/5 on Adhemar+1, and I have use for every single piece of this months new Skadi set between COR and THF. Not full timing any of it for general TP (though legs will be my mid acc piece) but for ranged attacks almost the entire set is BiS, hands BiS for WS, body BiS for forced crit WS. And that's actually making me toss out some very well augmented herc for this new set. It's a solid set, but it's absolutely not a BiS for all purposes, just here and there it has its uses. It might replace some of the NQ abjuration gear (as the Meghanada +1 body is better than a Path C Adhemar Jacket) for some reasons, but none of my adhemar+1 got replaced by this set.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-22 00:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is there any correct order to kill the gobs?
Recommended order is Don > DRK or MNK > RDM (only present in VD)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-22 06:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
You missed my point entirely.

Everything you said after that point pretty much proved mine :/
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-07-22 07:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
SE also took the time and gave all the Ambuscade gear with greater then normal defensive stats so that it would still have a purpose for players who already have good gear.

Unclear whether Ambuskadi has these defensive stats because it's intended to be alt PDT gear for light melee or if it's straight-up tank gear like Suleiva (since RUN's on it).

In any case it's easily good enough to replace NQ abjuration gear in a lot of slots, which can't be said for some of the other Ambuscade gear.
By Pantafernando 2016-07-23 08:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

I would like to ask a couple more question for this month ambuscade.

Whats the best Club weaponskill a BLU have access?

Against Don gob, the RDM, anything we can do aside turtling against chainspell? Like would stun or other debuff work against him?

Thanks in advance.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-23 08:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Realmrazer is technically the best at 1k TP- but outside of that Judgment is the go-to, especially at higher TP percents. True Strike isn't bad either if your ratio is poor and you're switching in some +crit damage gear.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-07-23 14:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an accuracy value for Intense VD?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-24 13:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

im just starting to get back on for this month. Had RL stuff to do. Need to do ambuscade before they change it over. Are there any good strats for bst solo/duo? I recall the first day or two it coming out someone posting a video using a .... beetle pet? it might have been; for its various types of moves. I honestly dont recall. Any suggestions?
By Pantafernando 2016-07-24 15:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
im just starting to get back on for this month. Had RL stuff to do. Need to do ambuscade before they change it over. Are there any good strats for bst solo/duo? I recall the first day or two it coming out someone posting a video using a .... beetle pet? it might have been; for its various types of moves. I honestly dont recall. Any suggestions?

I didnt do much the bird, but for gobs, if doing below the VD, there are just 3 goblins (war, drk and rdm). If the gobs are close of each other, gobs get an aura that makes them stronger so you need to keep them apart.

With bst friend while i played as dd, i asked friend to send pet in a gob and to kite the second one while i voke the third and kill It far from the other then kill the others succevelly.

Ive been killing the rdm last but i probably will reconsider that because the rdm can use an astral flow type of move that will trigger everytime any other gob is killed, summoning a minor gob and using Hear no Evil, targeting often the healer. Hear no Evil is heavy constant dmg that is shared by anyone in range. When doing VE, it dealt 1500 on whm that was separated from the group. When i tried easy, it dealt 1000 to 3 chars that were close to healer. I heard about people eating over 6000 on difficult so i think it increase 1500 when increasing the difficult. So, if youre killing rdm for last, he will use that every gob you kill and use that when you fight him, so killing the rdm first will reduce the number of times you will be hit by Hear no Evil. But on the other side, you must be sure you have other bodies closer to mitigate Hear no Evil.

Aside that, just need to pay attention to rdm chainspell. The safest would be triggering the 1h when the gob is targeting a pet with high magic damage defense.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-24 18:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i imagine ill be limited to volume 2, like the other months
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-07-31 22:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda late to the party with this one, but this is how we did VD Ambuscade (non-intense.)

THF THF THF WAR GEO WHM

All the melee nudged forward and pulled their weapons out. We had the GEO pull with Dia II and one of the THFs use Bully while it was being pulled over. We melee until it hits 80% HP then all THFs do Sneak Attack + Rudra's Storm and the WAR uses whatever weaponskill too. This was enough to kill it. If timing was good it wouldn't even summon adds. If we totally *** up something (forgetting bully etc.) then the WAR could use Tomahawk but it definitely wasn't required. If there were any adds that were summoned we just killed them after the main NM. Many of the times there weren't though, it was literally a ten second fight.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 05:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

August Intense VD:

- 5 lesser Gigas and a Boss Gigas. 1 BST, 2 MNK, 1 WAR, 1 RNG. Boss is SAM.
- Boss Gigas' auto attack have a Grand Slam animation. Range is further than 20'.
- Boss Gigas likes to spam Mercurial Strike. Don't have any info on what number does what. Stoneskin and Phalanx makes it hard to tell what damage it would have normally done. Will follow Mercurial Strike with one of the following 3 TP moves:
- "Muzzling Whallop" which is Silence, knockback, moderate damage and lowers MP to 0.
- "Daunting Hurl" which doesn't seem to do anything but low damage.
- "Glacial Bellow" which is conal damage and strips your weapon along with a 20-30 second Encumberance ailment. Doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time. Of the 4 times I saw it, the encumberance landed once.
- All Gigas have access to their respective 1-hours. Idris Vex allowed me to resist Charm from the BST even without any Tenebrae runes up.
- Adds don't appear to be susceptible to Sleep, Lullaby or Break.

Success with RUN, BLU, BRD, COR, GEO, WHM. BRD uses Marcato Ballad III plus other Ballads on the mages and COR uses Crooked Cards Evoker's Roll to counter the MP depletion from Muzzling Whallop. COR *might* be replaceable with another DD. Scherzo is not necessary for anything. Tank gathers them up and holds them along a wall for Parry or Shield blocks. Recommended to kill the boss Gigas first as the other Gigas are not threatening to a tank holding them all. 10 minute fight with no 1-hours. Probably recommended to just use and reset 1 hours with Wild Cards using the Nomad Moogles nearby to speed fights up. Could definitely replace the COR with another DD if you did that as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-08-03 06:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

August Regular:

Magic setup doesn't work on acroliths. The boss and one of the adds takes magic damage like an aegis, the other add dies quickly to magic (you do not need to kill adds, we were just trying magic for our first run).

So I went in on ochain pld, held everything (it's ambuscade, party hate of course) and cured with my pretty undergeared dualbox and the fight was np.

Nobody was on so we had a mediocre geo for haste/frailty, a monk and a good blu for damage and were doing 3 minute fight-times on VD with 5 people and Ulmia.

Skillchaining is irrelevant but if he had a stronger dps than a monk and a better-performing geo, clearing the zone is easily doable under 3 minutes or even 2 with an idris.

Also, if you do kill adds (say a BST is aoeing), the boss focuses on perhaps whoever killed him. In our first run, when the SCH killed an add, the boss switched to him, ignoring me completely for about a full minute.
By Mookies 2016-08-03 07:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing mediocre geo = geo without idris? Not sure how a GEO can "perform" better other than being properly geared.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-03 07:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

900 combined skill cap maybe? Dt and pet dt builds, cmp midcast, landing debuffs, help with healing if necessary, know when to use bog, ecliptic, entrust, dema and the other cooldowns, know how/when to swap bubbles on the fly if something goes wrong add you need to recover, etc

Small stuff like that can create a difference from another GEO who just uses two bubbles and stands there doing nothing.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-08-03 07:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Main boss seemed to take increased damage during mighty strikes. Can anyone else confirm this? Was just eyeballing but it seemed to be a pretty solid increase. Geo-frailty may have been down or something and I may not have noticed, just wanna make sure.

I went back and looked at the log. Maybe it's during tp moves? I'm getting inconsistent ws damage and my accuracy is fine. Pyrrhic Kleos is generally hitting for around 11-13k but occasionally it will drop down to around 6k for some reason.

Edit: Geo stuff was down, false alarm...
By Blazed1979 2016-08-03 07:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 300 JP in Mhuara atm. Our ticket number is 315, 254 just flared up. Going to go watch suicide squad and grab some dinner. Hopefully our ticket will flare up by the time I'm back and can let you know more.
By Pantafernando 2016-08-03 08:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone rushing to get the new sets before campaigns.

Does the acrolith mobs receive any damage reduction with adds? Or can i completely ignore adds and go for boss?

Also, has the marolith access to tectonic shift (encumberance)?
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2016-08-03 08:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect DRK will be the job of choice this month. Dust off those scythes and great swords ppl!
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-08-03 08:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Everyone rushing to get the new sets before campaigns.

Does the acrolith mobs receive any damage reduction with adds? Or can i completely ignore adds and go for boss?

Also, has the marolith access to tectonic shift (encumberance)?

Ignore the adds. Only need to beat the big one for the fight to end. Not sure if it takes reduced damage with them out but it goes down pretty quick either way. No encumberance move that I have seen so far. 2-3 min fight if you zerg the main boss and ignore the 2 little ones.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-08-03 08:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'll have to actually play this month. +3 refresh body for BLU and hefty macc mab pieces all around.
By Mookies 2016-08-03 08:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
I suspect DRK will be the job of choice this month. Dust off those scythes and great swords ppl!

Not sure it matters what you bring as long as the tank can hold hate. If anything WAR still on the table with Tomahawk.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 29 30