Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Fallout 4
Fallout 4
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-23 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized this: You find Dogmeat at a place called Red Rocket.

Bethesda, you nasty.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-24 07:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I just realized this: You find Dogmeat at a place called Red Rocket.

Bethesda, you nasty.

Would you like to ride his Rocket 69?

'cause he's a 60-Minute Man.

There are more *** jokes in Fallout 4 than...

By Ramyrez 2015-12-28 07:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question:

Anyone else run into a bug/problem with Macready (or any other companions, for that matter) where you can't get their perk?

I've hit Idolized with him. I've "flirted" with him (which doesn't actually seem to do much romantically, given we're both dudes I don't know. Seems more like a bromance. That's cool though.).

I've done both his quests.

No killshot perk added whatsoever.

Quick Google search, however, only yields results about the "broken" nature of his perk, not any bugs regarding people unable to *get* the perk.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-29 17:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Moved my installation of Fallout 4 from my D: to my C: (SSD).

My mods that were installed still worked, and uninstalling them in NMM got rid of them, but installing anything new or reinstalling doesn't work.

Any NMM regulars know what I should be checking to get this fixxored?

I re-scanned and it found the installation. Not sure where it thinks it is applying these.

EDIT: Got it working, I had to change a virtual installation.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-29 19:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Random question:

Anyone else run into a bug/problem with Macready (or any other companions, for that matter) where you can't get their perk?

I've hit Idolized with him. I've "flirted" with him (which doesn't actually seem to do much romantically, given we're both dudes I don't know. Seems more like a bromance. That's cool though.).

I've done both his quests.

No killshot perk added whatsoever.

Quick Google search, however, only yields results about the "broken" nature of his perk, not any bugs regarding people unable to *get* the perk.

Do you still have the quest "continue traveling with MacReady active? Did you do his mission?

I don't know why, but even after doing his mission, I still had the quest as active, though I've not had him as a follower since that time, so I couldn't say if it's bugged or if he just wasn't done with me.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-29 19:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Deacon's my favorite companion, but that trick he just pulled... I wanna punch him in the face.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-29 19:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Deacon's my favorite companion, but that trick he just pulled... I wanna punch him in the face.

I feel like they went a little further in the design of some companions, Deacon being one of them. That's not a gripe, but the dude has a lot more depth and that silly clothing quirk makes me laugh everytime we zone into a different place.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-29 19:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pitbull.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-29 20:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
I don't know why, but even after doing his mission, I still had the quest as active, though I've not had him as a follower since that time, so I couldn't say if it's bugged or if he just wasn't done with me.

He has two quests.

After completing both of those, I still don't have his perk.

Which, don't get me wrong. I'm happy I did his quests, I like the guy a lot.

But I want the *** perk.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-29 23:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an update.

Unlike Piper who seems to Idolize you enough for the perk more or less after getting far enough to do her character-specific chats and whatnot, I guess Mac just took a hell of a lot more even after his quests.

Did a bunch more merc work, drinking, Jet, and stealing from jerks and right as I take a nice fat stack of .44 rounds from some *** storage crate he pokes me with a heartwarming little conversation.

Perk obtained, Bromance on!
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-30 00:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 07:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Additional update.

People can *** about Mac's perk being overpowered all they want (and I guess it is) and after a few hours of playing with it, I certainly see what they mean if you're throwing out OP headshots at max distance all the time. And it will probably be nerfed next patch.

But that just means I'm going to enjoy it judiciously while I can, because it's freaking awesome.

Also, began wasteland crawling with Cait. I retract my previous complaints about her. She's pretty great too.

Nothing like trading her and going "Where did you get 28 caps, a bottle of beer, and 42 .38 rounds...?...oh. You stole them from someone. Niiiice."
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-30 09:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Additional update.

People can *** about Mac's perk being overpowered all they want (and I guess it is) and after a few hours of playing with it, I certainly see what they mean if you're throwing out OP headshots at max distance all the time. And it will probably be nerfed next patch.

But that just means I'm going to enjoy it judiciously while I can, because it's freaking awesome.

Also, began wasteland crawling with Cait. I retract my previous complaints about her. She's pretty great too.

Nothing like trading her and going "Where did you get 28 caps, a bottle of beer, and 42 .38 rounds...?...oh. You stole them from someone. Niiiice."

Eh, capped out ninja and rifleman perks with a .50 receiver sniper rifle is well over 1K damage with a headshot. MacReady's perk is just icing on the cake.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 09:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, capped out ninja and rifleman perks with a .50 receiver sniper rifle is well over 1K damage with a headshot. MacReady's perk is just icing on the cake.

Yeah. Not truly abusing any glitches (outside of, apparently, Mac's perk) so I'll gladly use it to my advantage as I don't have those specializations maxed yet.

I had to bail on my original play through. I never cared as much about the "immersion" element in 3/NV, but for some reason it's much more important to me in 4 and the way that I had been playing the game and some of the things that had happened sort of ruined it for me on that one.

I'm up to level 37 with the new run through and I'm roughly where I was in the story before, and it's much more enjoyable this time around.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-30 10:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
While hacking, instead of just choosing random words, (guilty as charged), look for brackets like (&^%*() {)(%$^&$} <(&$^#%> that close themselves. It will remove a password that is incorrect and even sometimes reset all your tries. You must select them like normal.

I just found out about this. Apparently it has been in 3 and NV as well.

I am crying a little bit for never knowing this.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 10:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Quote:
While hacking, instead of just choosing random words, (guilty as charged), look for brackets like (&^%*() {)(%$^&$} <(&$^#%> that close themselves. It will remove a password that is incorrect and even sometimes reset all your tries. You must select them like normal.

I just found out about this. Apparently it has been in 3 and NV as well.

I am crying a little bit for never knowing this.

<_<;

And here I was thinking it was silly when I saw one of these lists and was like "Well duh. That's been around forever, why bother point it out?"

Same for the Pipboy light.

But then, I also spent a ton of time dropping junk on the ground in my settlement and manually scrapping it, so hey. We all miss ***sometimes.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-30 11:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What blows my mind about it is that I have Strategy guides for NV and 4 and neither of them mention that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-30 11:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like they went a little further in the design of some companions, Deacon being one of them. That's not a gripe, but the dude has a lot more depth and that silly clothing quirk makes me laugh everytime we zone into a different place.
I thought it'd be smart to give him some armor. Smart. Now he'll randomly show up wearing only his tighty whities. Awesome. I even took the armor off, but he's still obsessed with being in the buff.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it'd be smart to give him some armor. Smart. Now he'll randomly show up wearing only his tighty whities. Awesome. I even took the armor off, but he's still obsessed with being in the buff.

Apparently some of the companions like it when you walk around naked, but I've tried it a little with Cait without success.

Shame, because I hate pants.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 12:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
What blows my mind about it is that I have Strategy guides for NV and 4 and neither of them mention that.

Yeah, that's a bit odd.

I can't be 100% sure but I thought the game even told you about this when it gives you the tutorial when you first try to use a consol.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-30 12:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-30 13:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently some of the companions like it when you walk around naked, but I've tried it a little with Cait without success.

Shame, because I hate pants.

Cait seems to be more impressed with female characters than male. Not that there's anything wrong with that..

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-30 14:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah well. Also hot.

Oh my *** that image.

Laughed SO hard.

I've started letting settlements twist in the wind.

*** deal with it, Preston. ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-30 15:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Strong is the worst companion hands down. Here I wanted a cool super mutant buddy and instead I get a whiner.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-30 15:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Strong is the worst companion hands down. Here I wanted a cool super mutant buddy and instead I get a whiner.

If you play a barbarian type character, Strong really likes you but does nothing to compliment your battle style. If you play more of a rogue or assassin type character, Strong hates you but does a lot to compliment your battle style.

It's a strange paradox in game design.

That said, I love Strong's incredibly simple AI and affinity system. He is, quite literally, the hammer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-30 23:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Came upon a Legendary Brotherhood Sentinel and had reservations about killing him because I'm still on good terms, actually managed to sneak attack his fusion core twice, BOOM dead and no BoS aggression.

I think I made the right choice.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-31 07:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Came upon a Legendary Brotherhood Sentinel and had reservations about killing him because I'm still on good terms, actually managed to sneak attack his fusion core twice, BOOM dead and no BoS aggression.

I think I made the right choice.

While my next playthrough I'm determined to be an *** BoS loyalist, I maintain that unless you specifically want to be a BoS ***, go ahead and make enemies of them asap to collect unlimited power armor for the purpose of both use and caps acquisition.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-12-31 11:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

By Grumpy Cat 2016-01-01 10:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

URAAAAAAAAAAANIUM FEVER
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2016-01-14 10:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so, Sesame Street is moving to HBO and they recreated the entire set. In Mr. Hooper's store, they added a bunch of "Fake, funny products" to avoid any lawsuits from using real products.

Well...

So much for being original, Sesame Street.
Can Bethesda sue them? Would be epic!

Here's an article about it if anyone cares to read.
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/hidden-easter-eggs-on-the-new-sesame-street-174415561.html
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23