First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2015-05-26 16:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I mean postcount is literally one of the most common "cards" pulled out during arguments(by forum scrubs that is).
Your opinion is dumb and wrong.
I should know my post count is higher!

/blatant sarcasm off
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-26 16:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't worry, I consider all you shitheads equal!

Some more equal than others!

Calm down, Orwell.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-05-26 16:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah Monstruo said: »
I would love to use this site where there is no ratings personally and no join date and no point counts; we'd all be on perfectly equal ground. But I'd worry moreso for the site's longevity.

Also don't remove the avatars, way too fun to create and watch lol
This post is almost entirely contrary to what you were posting not more than 20 minutes ago.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-26 16:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I mean postcount is literally one of the most common "cards" pulled out during arguments(by forum scrubs that is).
Works in-game with FFXIAH rank, too. It feels like playing League of Legends, people will insult you during a Tojil run for being ranked above 100.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-26 16:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I LIKE CHEESE
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 16:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with what some people said, that the mods and the users need to have better communications between each other. But how we can do that, that's something that needs to be figured out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-26 17:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
I LIKE CHEESE

The major question here is, does Terra like cheese?

If so, what kind of cheese does Terra prefer?

If Terra expresses fondness of cheddar over muenster, what will become of FFXIAH?

Is Terra's preference of one cheese over another indicative of her moderating skill?

IS SHE A PROVOLONE PERSON?!?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-26 17:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I LIKE CHEESE

If Terra expresses fondness of cheddar over muenster, what will become of FFXIAH?

Is Terra's preference of one cheese over another indicative of her moderating skill?

She answered this before, her answer was no gouda, in my opinion.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-26 17:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I LIKE CHEESE

I like American and Cheddar cheeses, muenster is good and so is swiss.

I don't know, I guess we'd just have to wait and see.

I don't know, does it? o.o

Provolone is okay.

Pretty much like all cheeses besides blue and ricotta.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-05-26 17:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
She answered this before, her answer was no gouda, in my opinion.

Beemster then, or Old Amsterdam, or
Edam
Graskaas
Leerdammer
Leyden
Limburger
Maaslander
Maasdam
Mimolette
Nagelkaas
Parrano
Roomano
Prima Donna
Vlaskaas
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-26 17:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
Edam

You win!
By Nyruul 2015-05-26 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Terraka said: »
Pretty much like all cheeses besides blue and ricotta.

Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-05-26 18:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i only post a few times a week anymore (mainly because of previous mod selections and their personality/method of moderation). however, i think the fact that there are 11 pages in this thread show what a poor decision this is, and also how frustrated people are with the current mods. instead of acknowledging the population decline and complaints of the last 2-3 years, we simply got someone personally involved with what was wrong added on. seriously, does hosni mubarak run this forum?

you can throw out repeated messages of, "give me a chance", but that does nothing to quell the annoyance of how and why you got selected as a mod. you're just another face of the circle jerk people have come to regard in a very poor light.

best of luck and grats i suppose?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-26 19:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

By Jetackuu 2015-05-26 19:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Terraka said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Mods be lax >>> "Mods aren't doing their jobs", Mods start cracking down >>> "Mods are terrible".
This is how you and the new mod, and her man are dismissing the complaints as, it's dishonest and is dismissive of the issues.

This has literally nothing to do with plot.
understood
By volkom 2015-05-26 21:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

my brain is so full of WTF right now

Honestly Terraka I have nothing against you personally. I'm sure you're a cool person and we would most likely get along. I'm just baffled right now. This has to be the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing I've seen since I was temp banned for an avatar in which a moderator mistook a Leg+Knee as a penis.

My problem is with the senior level moderators and the system that's currently in place. There has been massive levels of *** that I've witness that its not even funny. Its quite sad that the base framework and requirements to becoming a moderator is completely ignored. The mods are consistently inconsistent in their behavior. They don't follow the forum rules half the time in terms of moderation. Its almost like pulling teeth in trying to reason in saying that some pictures should be removed for X reason. Nope~ can't have a picture of an anime girl eating a banana but having a plate with skewers of fruit that look pretty much like *** is allowed. Sure I get the sexual innuendo images are bad but how can some people get away with avatars with bouncing ***? Like wtf? I know mods aren't the 24/7 watchful eye but god damn remove the picture when you respond to the person in the same thread. What about pictures of men who are topless? That's technically against forum rules.

What about cliquishness and not being allowed to participate in normal forum discussion? I can understand if its for general announcement stuff and responding to questions in a thread about moderation and site related things but seriously... posting 20+ times in RT counts are "normal forum discussion"

What about the qualities of a moderator to have good judgment and behavior? For example when someone makes a valid point in an actual intellectual argument to counter an example Would I expect a mod to reply with "SOMEONE SOUNDS MAAAAD" ????? *** no. That's both considered hostile and poor behavior. (Oh volk how is that hostile?) Read the rules here. Seriously grow up and make an effort to defend your idea or just shut up and move on. You're just causing more UNWANTED DRAMA. So having a requirement that a moderator should be mature definitely isn't one.

Oh yeah~ back reading. PROFESSIONALISM
I don't give a flying *** if you're hired to clean toilets for highway truck stops or hired to a position with authority on an internet forum do your *** damn job to the utmost of your abilities. You volunteered for the job in one way or another. You should follow the rules and lead by example. If you're not following the rules then why should we? You're not god's *** gift to FFXI/FFXIAH~ you're just a person like the rest of us. Only difference is your job is to moderate the forum. When we report something we want "Thanks XXXX person I'll look into it" Then come back with either a confirmation its gone or denial and give a reason. If we are one of those people who like to report inappropriate content when found we want the same level of professionalism. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ARGUE, QUOTE RULES AND ACTUALLY USE LOGIC/REASONING TO PROVE TO YOU WHY ITS AN OFFENSE.
The rules are black and white simple. If you can't tell the difference then you shouldn't be moderating because clearly stuffing peppers up the butt is alright but questioning what people are stuffing up their butt is not. like huh wwttff?? (note the double emphasis in the acronym cuz its so baffling that someone would get banned over that). And don't tell us not to report often or you'll take away our report privileges (except obvious abuse of the system). I'm seeing a disconnect here. Do we have a report limit or something? If I see 20 inappropriate images in a day and I report all of them then what are you going to do? Tell me that you think I'm doing in out of spite? lolwtf?
Bottom line is follow the damn rules.

You want us to be a better community. Prove to us that you can be better moderators. I'm not asking for iron hammer ban waves or anything. I'm asking you to do your job that you've been given. I'm asking you to treat everyone fairly. I'm asking you to disassociate yourself from everyone on this forum so you can look at everything objectively when issues arise. I don't care if you post frequently on the forum. I don't care if you like to joke around. I don't care what relationships people have with each other or conflicts their in. But treat everyone fairly and equally.

As for actually becoming a moderator. Like LOL WTF SERIOUSLY. SERIOUSLY WHAT IS THE DAMN PROCESS?
I understand if Scragg wants to appoint people he knows to moderate his site. I'm TOTALLY FINE WITH THAT. But if we're picking up members from the forum then at least give us a general update of we're looking for another moderator. WHY NOT LOOK AND ASK FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD VOLUNTEER instead of for better or worse words getting a significant other involved.

This comes down to my final comment I want to make. When important topics about the forum come up. Such as a change in rules or site updates. Do us all a favor and please let us know. As much as I like ninja editing~ YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO NINJA EDIT THE RULES AND NOT TELL US.
FOR ALL I KNOW You could have some *** rule added and we would never know until we broke that rule.

/endrant
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-26 21:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-26 22:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always thought that modship should be something that is earned through years of positive contributions to a website. Thats all I'm gonna say.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-05-26 22:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I be a sock again?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-05-26 22:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

why the de-main?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-26 22:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly surprised it took that long
By Bloodrose 2015-05-26 22:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more or less surprised the whole thing hasn't been nuked into oblivion from whence it will never return.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-26 22:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No way. It's already so polarizing, all nuking it would do is relight the fire. De-maining is the right answer, lets it drift away quietly.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-05-26 22:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, keep ignoring long time posters legit complaints. that's not what caused this in the first place.

not

at

all
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12