Anti-Vaccination Legislative Win In California

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-20 00:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using this thing called "humor". I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't know that about advertising. It is used for exploiting people's other thought processes as well. (Looks around at all the liberals in the room)
By Mesic 2015-04-20 01:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
This is pathetic, certain portions of the social contract are non-negotiable. If you choose not to vaccinate your kids, you are choosing to endanger the health of everyone else's kids. Rights to personal beliefs do not trump everyone else's rights to not be infected by your special little Typhoid Mary.

If you are vaccinated how are you in danger?

Vaccinations are never 100% effective. Usually ranging at around 90%. The dependency on not spreading a virus further is that everyone hopefully has this 90%, therefore depleting the viruses ability to stay within the population. If others have a 0% chance of deflecting the virus that puts the people who are vaccinated at a higher probability of hitting that 10% and becoming infected. I hope this is your attempt to educate yourself on the subject and aren't asking these questions as a means to prove what you think is correct.
[+]
By Mesic 2015-04-20 01:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What could go wrong?

Mom Gives Up Anti-Vax Stance Just Before 7 Children Get Whooping Cough

Quote:
A mother who didn't believe in vaccines for years is now writing about her experience after all seven of her children became sick with whooping cough and hopes to inspire other parents to reconsider vaccination.

Tara Hills, of Ottawa, Canada, wrote about her decision in a post for the Scientific Parent Blog, titled "Learning the Hard Way."
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-20 02:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
I bet all the hardened pro medical supporters of the time had their hearts changed after smoking themselves to a horrible death on the advise of these so called doctors. But meh let's forget all the mistakes and that they could never be wrong in this day and age.

Of course doctors, researchers, and scientists have made mistakes throughout history. That does not give validation to the crap-psuedo-scientific alternatives. Especially if the qualification being used is because it's "natural".

Lots of things are natural, doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Arsenic is naturally occuring, that doesn't mean it is good for your body. Nettle tea (another touted "cure all") can poison an individual if prepared incorrectly.

If you consume too much vitamin C usually not much will happen except stomach upset and diarrhea because it is a water soluble vitamin. If you consume too much vitamin D this can cause excess calcium in the blood, slowed mental and physical growth, decreased appetite, nausea and vomiting because it is a fat soluble vitamin and can accumulate in the liver.

Both of those vitamins are good for you and in higher doses than previously recommended. But excessive amounts (just like too much tylanol) cause bad reactions and sometimes death.

Are vitamins necessary and more so than previously thought 100 years ago? Yes.

Does diet and nuitrition play a part in the health of individuals? Absolutely.

Does taking regular supplements and eating well prevent or cure cancer? No. Not that anyone has been able to show in any reproducible empirical studies.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 02:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

EpicFantasy said: »
I was using this thing called "humor". I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't know that about advertising. It is used for exploiting people's other thought processes as well. (Looks around at all the liberals in the room)

Predominately German ancestry, here, immune to the funnys.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-20 04:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-20 04:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This one's better:

[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-20 04:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mesic said: »
What could go wrong?

Mom Gives Up Anti-Vax Stance Just Before 7 Children Get Whooping Cough

Quote:
A mother who didn't believe in vaccines for years is now writing about her experience after all seven of her children became sick with whooping cough and hopes to inspire other parents to reconsider vaccination.

Tara Hills, of Ottawa, Canada, wrote about her decision in a post for the Scientific Parent Blog, titled "Learning the Hard Way."

So no child has died and this has strengthened their immune system and are now totally immune to this desease in the future. With good diet and care desease can be beaten and be benificial in life.
I agree though it's scary to witness as a parent. But seeing any bad thing happen to your child is hard. Being a parent is.
The choice to vaccinate to stop the pain of going through a desease at youth or going through it and adding a large % of lower risk of desease in later life.
You seem to be throwing out the science what happens when cancer appears but not the cause.
They are not the same.
The efforts should be going to fixing the cause not the symptoms.
And with a now 1 in 2 estimated to get cancer we are not beating the cause, we are only targeting the money making symptoms.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-20 05:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also there IS proof a good diet, care and strong immune system can beat disease.

Spontaneous remission

This could never happen otherwise.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 06:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mesic said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
This is pathetic, certain portions of the social contract are non-negotiable. If you choose not to vaccinate your kids, you are choosing to endanger the health of everyone else's kids. Rights to personal beliefs do not trump everyone else's rights to not be infected by your special little Typhoid Mary.

If you are vaccinated how are you in danger?

Vaccinations are never 100% effective. Usually ranging at around 90%. The dependency on not spreading a virus further is that everyone hopefully has this 90%, therefore depleting the viruses ability to stay within the population. If others have a 0% chance of deflecting the virus that puts the people who are vaccinated at a higher probability of hitting that 10% and becoming infected. I hope this is your attempt to educate yourself on the subject and aren't asking these questions as a means to prove what you think is correct.

That is not how vaccinations work at all, there is no "percentage", the virus going from host A to host B is completely unaffected by vaccinations. What happens is that when a vaccinated host is infected by that same virus, their body can immediately overwhelm the virus with extreme prejudice. The invading virus never has a chance to spread inside the host body and there is never any symptoms. A non-vaccinated person on the other hand would need to develop antibodies for that virus and during that time the virus spreads and you get symptoms.

Life isn't a video game, virus's don't get to roll dice to see if they successfully infect you, they always infect you if they can get through your epidermis. The only differences between a vaccinated and non-vaccinated humans is that the vaccinated human can respond to and remove the invading virus so fast that the virus never spreads further.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 06:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also there IS proof a good diet, care and strong immune system can beat disease.

Spontaneous remission

Firstly please separate viral from bacterial infections, also don't confuse either of those with deficiencies.

Scurvy is a disease, scurvy is not an infection disease and is not caused by external pathogens and thus no vaccinations would prevent it. The various forms of heart disease and diabetes are also non-infection diseases. The common cold, flu, and measles are examples of viral infections that have vaccines available for them. The vast majority of vaccines are for viral infections with only a few for bacterial. Vaccines stimulate your bodies natural defenses, they do not replace them and a vaccine can not make your bodies defense weaker.

What good nutrition does is better equip your body's natural defense's to handle foreign invaders and thus increase your chance of survival. "Good nutrition" can not make you immune to external pathogens nor does it generate antibodies. Vaccines force your body to respond to an invading pathogen and produce natural resistance to that pathogen.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-20 06:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
vaccines are made by growing the wild -type virus in ways that alter its ability to cause the disease. In essence it is similar to the natural virus, and capable of reproducing once inside the body, but is supposed to be less likely to actually cause the disease itself. However just because the symptoms are reduced does not necessarily mean that it is not causing harm inside the body. Their are many examples of infections that can silently damage organs, and not be discovered until many years later.

The normal route of entry through the mouth and nose-- usually inhaling particles that an infected person has coughed. This means that the virus will come in contact with the mucous membranes and trigger the beginnings of an immune response. After this initial "alert" of the immune system, the virus travels to the lymphatic system, where additional body defenses are mustered. Finally, after the body has had adequate time to gear up, the virus gains access to the blood stream and major organs. But by this time, the immune system is mounting a full response (thanks to its being alerted early by the mucous membranes and lymphatic system) and will usually protect the major organs from damage from this virus.

Now compare this scenario to what happens when one's first exposure to the virus is from a vaccine: The mucous membranes are bypassed. The lymphatic system is bypassed. The live virus gains immediate access to the bloodstream and major organs -- a situation that millions of years of evolutionary wisdom seems to have tried to avoid!

No one really knows what the long term ramifications of exposure to this virus in this unorthodox way are.

Natural vs synthetic means of immunisation.
Edit: Modified/unnatural means of immunisation

Quote:
Maybe some parents believe that they can't keep their children from eating a junky diet, and thus they need this and other vaccines to protect them from possibly becoming quite ill, because their immune system--compromised by a poor diet, might not be able to adequately protect their child from serious harm from common diseases. But in a free country, does that mean that families who DO take personal responsibility for their health, and do eat healthy whole-foods plant-based diets low in processed foods and trans-fatty acids MUST forfeit their right to an undamaged immune system simply because the masses, persuaded by drug manufacturers choose to put their faith in science over nature?
Until someone can come up with data to adequately dispel all of my concerns I'd rather bet my family's health, and the health of our species on the wisdom of nature rather then humankind's usually naive and misguided manipulations of nature. Unfortunately, the use of live vaccines by some, creates risk for us all -- I call it exposure to second-hand vaccination -- but at least second-hand vaccination doesn't bypass the normal engagement of our immune system.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 06:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Natural vs synthetic means of immunisation.

There is no difference because there is no such thing as synthetic immunization. Your body responds identically because vaccines are virus's that have been killed off or made so weak as to be no real threat.

The rest is ... nonsense. I tried to understand their point of view but they might as well of been saying that praying to the sky god will help them.

I have provided very detailed information explaining the process's involved. Ignorance is no longer an acceptable excuse when medical knowledge is now readily available. This is information from biologists and pathologists, not "big evil pharma". If you are not willing to self educate then no one else will do it for you.

Don't misunderstand me, I am very much pro-vaccine, I just don't believe the government should have the power to force people to get them. With choice comes responsibility and I'm for maximum personal responsibility.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 07:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
They already extort in the us every April 15th saying you have a voluntary compliance to pay the income tax.
Um....no they don't
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 07:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
They already extort in the us every April 15th saying you have a voluntary compliance to pay the income tax.
Um....no they don't

One of my favorite cases I remember reading about (name is slipping my mind right now) was a man who had been brought up on charges related to tax non-payment/fraud, and the judge threw it out, because, while ignorance of the law is no excuse, the law itself that he was charged with violating required a knowing and willful violation, which, in and of itself, meant he could not have possibly violated the law in question, as he didn't even know it existed, which I thought was funny.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 07:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Um....no they don't

One of my favorite cases I remember reading about (name is slipping my mind right now) was a man who had been brought up on charges related to tax non-payment/fraud, and the judge threw it out, because, while ignorance of the law is no excuse, the law itself that he was charged with violating required a knowing and willful violation, which, in and of itself, meant he could not have possibly violated the law in question, as he didn't even know it existed, which I thought was funny.
That makes sense, which is probably why IRS is so keen on advertising tax day a lot.

I'm just sad/happy that flower-head decided to post again.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-20 07:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Must restrain self from posting SNL 'Californians' sketch...
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-20 07:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

The rest is ... nonsense.
Care to elaborate? Or has this turned into a, put fingers in ears response, because you said so.

Are you saying the immune system doesn't have a multi barrier response system that a direct injection bypasses?
And the viruses in vaccines aren't modified or dead to lower natural true response for safety?

Does someone who have had a meseales jab have the exact same immunity as someone who has had it naturally?
And have any life long studies to the side effects of vaccines been studied?
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 07:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

***'s sake I go away for the weekend and I come back to conspiracy theorists and nutbars banging the "spontaneous regression/remission is proof treatment is bad" drum again?

How the *** do these people manage to find the right hole to keep breeding?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-20 07:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only page seven there are plenty of theories to explore !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Yes, such as "anti-vaxers are the reason the government should increase funding to birth control and abortion, and maybe consider forced sterilizing to boot".
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Or has this turned into a, put fingers in ears response, because you said so
Oh my god the irony.
Disregard all scientific studies, someone with no knowledge said it's bad it must be so!
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2015-04-20 08:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if it went undected but we also had a Hitler reference a couple of pages ago lmao.

Next on agenda: gay vaccines.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-20 08:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha said: »
I don't know if it went undected but we also had a Hitler reference a couple of pages ago lmao.

Next on agenda: gay vaccines.

According to my sources MMR shots can cause gayness in babies !

If you have a gay baby you may be entitled to compensation !

Call me at Fone Fone and Newear attorneys at law !
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Yes, such as "anti-vaxers are the reason the government should increase funding to birth control and abortion, and maybe consider forced sterilizing to boot".

And break the freebirthers up for the organbanks while we're at it.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Spontaneous remission

Also, to clarify beyond hyperbole, you can't use spontaneous remission/regression as proof of anything, because the mechanism and cause is not fully understood. Saying "oh, it's because of a good diet and strong immune system" is as facile as saying "it's proof that smoking isn't bad for you because this one guy who had stage 1 lung cancer once had it miracuously disappear!"

Similarly, given that most (reasonable) people receive some level of care for cancer, disregarding that the level of care received likely/possibly played a role in that remission/regression is irresponsible, at best.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

According to my sources MMR shots can cause gayness in babies !

Man, I actually missed one of my MMR series of shots as a child because my mother was afraid of the vaccine (it was during the 80s when their were bad batches going around, not because "autism oh no"). That must be why I like shoes and dressing well, but I don't like the ***; they didn't complete the series to make me 100% fabulous!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-20 08:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually you joke about gay vaccines according to this scientist it is real !

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/vaccines-produce-homosexuality-gay-gian-paolo-vanoli_n_2992953.html

The vaccine is introduced into the child, the child then grows and tries to find its own personality, and if this is inhibited by mercury or other substances present in the vaccine which enter the brain, the child becomes gay. The problem will especially be present in the next generations, because when gays have children, the children will carry along with them the DNA of their parent’s illness. Because homosexuality is a disease, even though the WHO has decided that it is not. Who cares! The reality is that it is so. Each vaccination produces homosexuality, because it prevents the formation of one’s personality. It is a microform of autism, if you will. You will see how many gays there will be in the next generation, it will be a disaster.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Mother of Odin, do people really think this stuff
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-20 08:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have enough mercury in your vaccine shot anything could happen !
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17