Anti-Vaccination Legislative Win In California

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2015-04-19 20:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ie:
There is a new medication found to reduce levels of anxiety and aggression. The government decides on mandatory administration of this medication to everyone starting at a young age and cites the mandatory vacation law as legal justification. Sh!t like this happens all the time btw.

That is a ridiculous jump in logic.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-19 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You can choose not to... however Social Services would be round to your door in minutes and remove your kids due to being an unfit parent.

So you do use the power of the state to force people. Instead of taxing them or physically restraining them you just kidnap their children and hold them hostage, how benevolent of you. And of course you forcibly vaccinate the children regardless of either the childs or the parents desires. This is sounding more and more authoritarian by the minute. Next thing you know the state will force you to pay monthly extortion to the kidnappers or they will throw you in jail.

How wonderful these people must be that you speak of.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-19 20:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You can choose not to... however Social Services would be round to your door in minutes and remove your kids due to being an unfit parent.

So you do use the power of the state to force people. Instead of taxing them or physically restraining them you just kidnap their children and hold them hostage, how benevolent of you. And of course you forcibly vaccinate the children regardless of either the childs or the parents desires. This is sounding more and more authoritarian by the minute. Next thing you know the state will force you to pay monthly extortion to the kidnappers or they will throw you in jail.

Depends on whether you agree a parent who refuses to Vax their kids deserves to be a parent or not I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-19 20:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Heck you already pay a weekly extortion fee in the form of taxes. Don't pay your taxes you go to jail.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-19 20:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Haven't you been keeping up with government news? Governments do sh!t like that all the time, they take one law intended for one purpose and "interpret" it to grant them power for a radically different purpose.

Civil asset forfeiture is a perfect example of this. A law originally intended to enable law enforcement to go after the business assets of criminals has been "interpreted" to allow them to take and auction any property suspected (but not proven) to be involved in the conduct of a crime regardless of the property owners culpability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States#Traffic_stops

https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/asset-forfeiture-abuse

It's now being used by police departments as a way to shore up their budgets.

The government will always abuse any power given to it, it's the nature of governments.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-19 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Commies oops liberal progressives are such nice people.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-19 20:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say that page 6 is too early for retardery, but thread's a rehash so I guess it doesn't matter.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-19 20:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Haven't you been keeping up with government news? Governments do sh!t like that all the time, they take one law intended for one purpose and "interpret" it to grant them power for a radically different purpose.

Civil asset forfeiture is a perfect example of this. A law originally intended to enable law enforcement to go after the business assets of criminals has been "interpreted" to allow them to take and auction any property suspected (but not proven) to be involved in the conduct of a crime regardless of the property owners culpability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States#Traffic_stops

https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/asset-forfeiture-abuse

It's now being used by police departments as a way to shore up their budgets.

The government will always abuse any power given to it, it's the nature of governments.
That is why you exercise your fifth amendment and forth amendment rights during a traffic stop. Only give them your drivers license insurance and registration, you are mot required to answer any other questions.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-19 20:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Depends on whether you agree a parent who refuses to Vax their kids deserves to be a parent or not I guess.

And what right do you have of making this determination? And more importantly what is the limit of the governments right to make these determinations. If the government decided that individuals who predominately voted democrat / progressive (or republican / conservative) didn't deserve to be parents, would you support the same actions be taken? A valid case could be made by both groups since, statistically, children often lean towards their parents political ideologies and thus if one entity deemed another ideology as evil / corrupt then they could justify such actions as "in the best interests of the children".

This is the way those in political power think. It's a very sociopathic thought process that can find justification for anything.

Even Hitler (yes I went there) had a plausible justification for all actions of the Nazi party, and those justifications seemed reasonable to an entire country even as the rest of the world looked on in horror.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-19 20:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That is why you exercise your fifth amendment and forth amendment rights during a traffic stop. Only give them your drivers license insurance and registration, you are mot required to answer any other questions.

Neither of those stops civil asset forfeiture as currently interpreted because your property doesn't have constitutional protections and it's property they are persecuting. All that needs to happen is the office suspects your property was used in the commission of a crime, which is pretty easy to fabricate. The office can then confiscate the property.

It's a really f*cked up rule that blatantly violates the 4th and 5th amendments but was enabled because "drugs are bad, must save the children!", which sounds awfully similar to the arguments being presented here. "Give the government more power so it can protect you from bad things"

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2014/09/30/iowa-state-patrol-cash-seizure-illegal-gamblers-say/16511135/

Refusing for a search only gives you a much stronger case for sueing the sh!t out of the police later on as they can just invent a reason. Hell the IRS even decided to get a piece of the action and started seizing people's bank accounts and moving the money to the IRS general fund. The reasoin used was "the accounts have seen a lot of cash transaction and might have been used for illegal activity, thus we are seizing the assets". No investigation, no judge, no legal paperwork, they just take your account and you need to fight tooth and nail to "settle" for 30~50% of the contents of the account, before lawyers fees.

The point I've been trying to highlight is that Governments will ALWAYS abuse any power given to them. Power should always be channeled to the lowest level possible which ensures that those wielding that power are directly answerable to those who have the power wielded over them. Absolutely minimum power should be vested into a federal government as it can wield that power with impunity and is virtually answerable to no one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-19 20:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

And what right do you have of making this determination? And more importantly what is the limit of the governments right to make these determinations. If the government decided that individuals who predominately voted democrat / progressive (or republican / conservative) didn't deserve to be parents, would you support the same actions be taken? A valid case could be made by both groups since, statistically, children often lean towards their parents political ideologies and thus if one entity deemed another ideology as evil / corrupt then they could justify such actions as "in the best interests of the children".

This is the way those in political power think. It's a very sociopathic thought process that can find justification for anything.

Even Hitler (yes I went there) had a plausible justification for all actions of the Nazi party, and those justifications seemed reasonable to an entire country even as the rest of the world looked on in horror.

Not an issue on my part, I believe in Vaccines, but I'm not some cook who believes in the power of Faith.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-19 20:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not an issue on my part

Not an issue until the government shows up on your door step with some other reason to do something to you. And you evaded the question since the answer is very uncomfortable.

More examples of a government entity abusing power

http://www.ij.org/long-island-forfeiture
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-19 20:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not an issue on my part

Not an issue until the government shows up on your door step with some other reason to do something to you. And you evaded the question since the answer is very uncomfortable.

Note evading the question, I honestly don't care.

If you don't Vaccine your kids, alot of people here would call you a ***parent, that's how we see it culturally, because we believe and I mean nearly all of us, that natural remedies are ***
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-19 20:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Quote:
Not an issue on my part

If you don't Vaccine your kids, alot of people here would call you a ***parent, that's how we see it culturally, because we believe and I mean nearly all of us, that natural remedies are ***
That is how people are taught because natural works when you know what your doing you can cure alot of stuff that crazy world is said uncureable. There is no money in cureing people but you can make a fortune in "treating" them to make them handle life abit better well managing there illness.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-19 21:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Quote:
Not an issue on my part

That is how people are taught because natural works when you know what your doing you can cure alot of stuff that crazy world is said uncureable. There is no money in cureing people but you can make a fortune in "treating" them to make them handle life abit better well managing there illness.

I'm not disputing this, I merely pointed out culturally, people dont believe in "Natural Medicine" and would call someone a bad Parent as a result.

Now if you can show Natural Medicine with backed up Empiral data that actualy cures ***.

I'm all ears, until then then.

Hocus Pocus.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-19 21:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
Quote:
Not an issue on my part

I'm not disputing this, I merely pointed out culturally, people dont believe in "Natural Medicine" and would call someone a bad Parent as a result.

Now if you can show Natural Medicine with backed up Empiral data that actualy cures ***.

I'm all ears, until then then.

Hocus Pocus.
evidence is out there but the greedy pharma company's do not want people to know what is going on. They do what they can to cover stuff up.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-04-19 21:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not an issue on my part

It really has little to nothing to do with belief, more to do with knowledge.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-04-19 21:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it wouldn't be "natural medicine," it'd just be "medicine."

Seriously, any time someone needs to throw an adjective in front of a word, be a little suspect.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-19 23:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.infowars.com/brain-damaged-victims-of-swine-flu-vaccine-win-63-million-lawsuit/ And vaccines are supposed to be safe????
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-19 23:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the swine flu didn't kill them?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-19 23:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I leave for one weekend, and California can't keep it's ***straight!?!?!?!

Well, it is lolcalifornia.

Lakshmi.Ryanx said:
infowars... And vaccines are supposed to be safe????
They are, don't believe anything you hear from infowars. They have as much accuracy as a blind bowsman.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-19 23:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I leave for one weekend, and California can't keep it's ***straight!?!?!?!

Well, it is lolcalifornia.

Why is Calignfornia like a breakfast cereal?

It is full of fruits, nuts, and flakes.

The best thing about all the California jokes is the dry humor.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-19 23:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Swine flu was an inside job ༼ つ◕(oo)◕༽つ
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-19 23:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
By the chicken lobby to keep people from eating bacon.

~Pigception~
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-19 23:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And the Lusitania was a pretext for US entry into WW1, despite the fact that Germany was entirely in the right in sinking it.

Wait a minute...
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 00:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

~Pigception~

Well, after the psyop campaigns by the pig industry to make bacon a breakfast food, and the coffee industry's invention of the coffee break, to boost sales, you never know.
[+]
By EpicFantasy 2015-04-20 00:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »

~Pigception~

Well, after the psyop campaigns by the pig industry to make bacon a breakfast food, and the coffee industry's invention of the coffee break, to boost sales, you never know.

Bacon needed a campaign?
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 00:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

EpicFantasy said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »

~Pigception~

Bacon needed a campaign?

Bacon being a breakfast food is a relatively recent thing. I think it started in early 20th century, like the coffee break.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 00:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You do know that basically all of modern advertising was founded by a relative of Sigmund Freud, under the theory that you could exploit people's own minds and use them against them to make them buy stuff?
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-20 00:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

They already extort in the us every April 15th saying you have a voluntary compliance to pay the income tax. How weird to use terminology that says you have a choice to not comply yet reserve the right to forcibly steal from you. Sounds like paying for mafia protection. That does not sound like the America we was founded on.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17