Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-14 13:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
ROCKET PUNNNNNCH ROCKET PUUUNNNCH ROCKET PUUNNNNCH

TEAR INTO PIECES TEAR INTO PIECES TEAR INTO PIECES

RAY!! *20mins animation ensues for 100~ points of damage*

Absolutely love this series, although I still haven't finished 4 though. :/ Second Story and Till the End of the Time were so much fun though and I poured so much time into them and their bonuses dungeons. The PSP ports of 1/2 were also really excellent (even with the horrible redesign of Rena) and I'd highly encourage other fans to try to pick them up if they can!

that was one reason i never made a mage party in the second story. Those animations took forevvvvvvvver
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-14 13:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Celine was awful endgame, Leon wasn't trumping Dias, Ashton has an unfortunate problem of terrible specials, Opera is a healing goddess.

Chisato is just too much fun dazespamming with Tear Gas.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-14 13:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i prefered the traditional sword in face method. Claude, Ashton, Dias. Tho Dias should have had a slightly faster atk rate. Just spamming the hell outa Mirror Slice and Sword Dance. - Tri Ace was nice to watch a few times, but like mages it takes way to long after the novelty wears off
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-14 13:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Helmet Break was amazing until the end of the game
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-14 13:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also whenever Godspeed kicked in
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-04-14 13:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the UP3 this will never be released on Earth.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-14 13:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
i prefered the traditional sword in face method. Claude, Ashton, Dias. Tho Dias should have had a slightly faster atk rate. Just spamming the hell outa Mirror Slice and Sword Dance. - Tri Ace was nice to watch a few times, but like mages it takes way to long after the novelty wears off

Picking Ashton meant losing out on Opera for her fast healing and Ernest if you wanted another melee. Then the whole Precis or Bowman choice...

But yeah, I'd say Dias is a better choice over Leon every time. But even then you lose some cutscenes from the Claude perspective.

(My biggest S02 gripe is how long the game takes at the beginning to fkn start.)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-14 14:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

well i ran out of room on my memory card for so2. And that whole card was dedicated to so2. So i a number of different set ups through out. Tho as a kid, i probably would have never realized ophra and ernest were even in the game had i not been told.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-14 14:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well i ran out of room on my memory card for so2. And that whole card was dedicated to so2. So i a number of different set ups through out. Tho as a kid, i probably would have never realized ophra and ernest were even in the game had i not been told.

As I kid I ended up unlocking Indalecio by accident and running the final boss only to get Stone Rained off the bat for 9999 lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2015-04-14 15:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much how I played. I always handled Rena, because I controlled heals and PUNCHED THINGS WITH THE MIGHT OF 1000 SUNS... or something close to that.

Kinda excited though, have a copy of Til the End of Time otw to pick up Thursday, never played it, guess I missed that train when it was there, lol.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 15:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
(My biggest S02 gripe is how long the game takes at the beginning to fkn start.)
You should go play Suikoden V then.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2015-04-14 15:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Picking Ashton meant losing out on Opera for her fast healing and Ernest if you wanted another melee. Then the whole Precis or Bowman choice...

But yeah, I'd say Dias is a better choice over Leon every time. But even then you lose some cutscenes from the Claude perspective.

I remember it taking me a long time to even consider Opera and Ernest.. I just loved Ashton so much (huzzah for Gyoro and Ururun!). When I did get them, Opera was so boss, so it was always a toss up in games.

I always preferred Precis, just because all her attacks were awesome and some had good range as well.

As for casters.. get shafted in every game. All. The. Time.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-14 16:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As I kid I ended up unlocking Indalecio by accident and running the final boss only to get Stone Rained off the bat for 9999 lol.

i remember the first time i did that. I had no idea she had a powered up form so to speak. I ran in thinking a fairly easy victory. 30 seconds later... everyone's dead.

what rly sux was (i forget which one it was) but one of the starting characters (claude or rena) you did not start with the pickpoket skills. So i could never pick pocket Fila in that port town when you first meet her. So i was never able to get that done ><
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-14 17:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

no way looking forward too this game
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-14 17:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

HOOOO RAAAAHHHH!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-14 17:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid title but who cares! Acrobat Locus!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-14 17:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

max shock wave was what i was using trying to get that last 77777 dmg battle trophy. It is a pretty nice skill when chained together.
By Darkalenia 2015-04-14 17:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember spamming Hammer of Might and Aerial Assault when I controlled Cliff in battles xD

Both of those are really OP later on at high levels
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-14 18:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hammer of Might was the best move when fully leveled up, it just wasn't as fun as Fists of Fury/Acrobat Locus/Infinity Kick.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-14 18:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Star Ocean MMO would this ever be a thing?

Hmm maybe if VR comes out....
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-14 22:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Reveal video:
YouTube Video Placeholder

I'm sure it will be subbed soon.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-04-14 23:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
ROCKET PUNNNNNCH ROCKET PUUUNNNCH ROCKET PUUNNNNCH

TEAR INTO PIECES TEAR INTO PIECES TEAR INTO PIECES

RAY!! *20mins animation ensues for 100~ points of damage*

Absolutely love this series, although I still haven't finished 4 though. :/ Second Story and Till the End of the Time were so much fun though and I poured so much time into them and their bonuses dungeons. The PSP ports of 1/2 were also really excellent (even with the horrible redesign of Rena) and I'd highly encourage other fans to try to pick them up if they can!

that was one reason i never made a mage party in the second story. Those animations took forevvvvvvvver
Shooting Stars! Air Slash!
Mmmmmmirror Sliiiiice!
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-04-14 23:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget southern cross
By rkhan 2015-04-15 00:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually really enjoyed SO4, even though everyone seemed to hate it. Very happy about this reveal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-15 14:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2015-04-15 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

rkhan said: »
I actually really enjoyed SO4, even though everyone seemed to hate it. Very happy about this reveal.

I loved it personally. Not quite as great as SO2, but still very good and JRPG-ish when they are becoming scarce these days. I'm just glad tri-Ace is still developing it, even though they were bought out by some mobile game developer company.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-15 17:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope we get to go to a lot of planets or at least a lot of towns on each planet. That's probably my favorite part about RPGs, going to different towns and talking to the npcs and looking around for treasure
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-15 18:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the cast is good, or at least the movesets are good. SO4's biggest failing was the cast and the fact they sucked in combat. I could have forgiven the entire game if they just gave us Arumat in Act 1 instead of towards the end.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-15 19:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

is that me at the side holding the sword ><
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-15 19:03:36