FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 159 160 161
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-06 16:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DeNA's microtransaction system is honestly pretty horrible. I've held off on spending money most of the time, except twice for the 50% off banners. 30$ for 11 pulls is just insane though, considering the chance that's 30$ for a little over 1 relic. If the pulls were always .99 I'd have literally zero issue dropping money on banners I liked.

I watched a guy on reddit trying to get Lulu's Hairpin. He did 13 11x draws which is over 400$ before getting it. In total he got 20 relics the majority being the shared SB rod or the sword.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-06 16:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I got a bunch of other good relcis ,my drop rate on 4/5 * was actually higher than I thought it would be for most of those.

I have a few maxed out 4* items, and 1 5* item, and a few character specific 5* relics. I'm still upgrading weapons.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-06 17:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

FFX banners sucks because of blitzballs... And every FFX banner from now on will feature a some kind of blitzball. I dont think i will ever pull in a FFX again because i know i will get lots of wakkas ball...

DeNa should just transforn blitzball in thrown weapons. The same applies to Setzer darts.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-06 19:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I watched a guy on reddit trying to get Lulu's Hairpin. He did 13 11x draws which is over 400$ before getting it. In total he got 20 relics the majority being the shared SB rod or the sword.
The amount DeNA and SE are making off FFRK is probably more than every other final fantasy title.

The 99 cent banner pull is like a drug! It leads to more expensive pulls.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-06 19:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
The amount DeNA and SE are making off FFRK is probably more than every other final fantasy title.

The 99 cent banner pull is like a drug! It leads to more expensive pulls.
I just find it extremely annoying that they not only charge more for things than they really should but also have 5 different avenues for microtransactions.

Relics
Stamina
Death restarts
Equipment inventory
Magic inventory

Not to mention that once you get to later in the game your supply of mythril becomes so low, your talking about getting probably 1/10th the mythril you get at the beginning. They should honestly greatly increase the drop rate of 5*'s or reduce the cost. I've heard many people say an 11x pull should guarantee a 5*, this is a decent suggestion too.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-07 15:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh... Leviathan (FFIII) is the typical boss that can be trivial if you bring the right abilities or a massive pain if you dont...

He by himself isnt that bad but the first bothersome trick is that he often cast himself Haste+protect very early in the fight, doubling his dps and prolonging the fight in about 50% (if you relies in physical meta like me).

Dispel or reflect on him can easily solve that. Shellga+magic break is enough to reduce his Tsunami and draw fire+retaliate with reflect+magic lure to make him harmless first 50% and just Tsunami to care last half.

Anyway, its my loss, gonna try again after tomorrows daily.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-07 15:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ugh... Leviathan (FFIII) is the typical boss that can be trivial if you bring the right abilities or a massive pain if you dont...

He by himself isnt that bad but the first bothersome trick is that he often cast himself Haste+protect very early in the fight, doubling his dps and prolonging the fight in about 50% (if you relies in physical meta like me).

Dispel or reflect on him can easily solve that. Shellga+magic break is enough to reduce his Tsunami and draw fire+retaliate with reflect+magic lure to make him harmless first 50% and just Tsunami to care last half.

Is he one of those bosses where the little pre-battle blurb doesn't say a single thing about Dispel but without it you get ***? I've ran into a ton of those and it's absolutely infuriating. Some of the worst ones are the ones that Reflect and I bring a 3 Mage team to without dispel, might as well just leave.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-07 16:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he one of those bosses where the little pre-battle blurb doesn't say a single thing about Dispel but without it you get ***? I've ran into a ton of those and it's absolutely infuriating. Some of the worst ones are the ones that Reflect and I bring a 3 Mage team to without dispel, might as well just leave.

Dispel helps a lot by erasing haste and protect but it isnt really necessary. He did a good service in this one. At least better than this:

Or this:

Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-07 16:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What the, I never saw those.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-07 23:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I cleared Leviathan with this party. I didn't need magic lure or reflect. He barely physically attacks. It's better to bring two black mages because one will be busy dispelling.

By Pantafernando 2015-12-08 02:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

At some point i tossed my Light Staff and Rod, and even today I really regret and blame my stupidity.

But one thing I wonder is that, even after thousand pulls, i never ever got another copy of those, or Gaia Vest. I really wanted to get 3 copies of each so i can be free of my regret of tossing them.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-08 11:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I tossed my Gaia Vest. DeNA can send you the items if it was done in the last 3 months.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-09 17:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So we need Shadow and Locke for the target score in the + battles for this event. Are you guys leveling them both to 50 or?

It's looking like mage-meta is going to work for all the battles since they all have fire weakness, but seriously Shadow sucks. and we need him for the +++ and ++ battle. Locke is needed for the + battle.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-09 17:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally just do event extra battles after sunday to keep everyone over 50, though FFVI char i tend to skip wasting sunday exp with them as they already have above average exp/stamina ratio due to Vector (classic).
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-09 18:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally just do event extra battles after sunday to keep everyone over 50, though FFVI char i tend to skip wasting sunday exp with them as they already have above average exp/stamina ratio due to Vector (classic).

Vector Classic in Core Dungeon? or the Event itself?
By Pantafernando 2015-12-09 18:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Vector Classic in Core Dungeon? or the Event itself?

Core dungeon.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-12 01:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate this +++ battle, forcing melees is just so dumb and I don't have enough orbs to hone reflect. Not to mention having to S/L until I get a fight I can get shell up prior to him using his first ability.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-12 01:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is hyped with the new UI coming.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-12 14:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Useful RW SB, finally.

ID: XXwu
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-13 15:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate this +++ battle, forcing melees is just so dumb and I don't have enough orbs to hone reflect. Not to mention having to S/L until I get a fight I can get shell up prior to him using his first ability.

Yeah it is an annoying fight but still easier than Soulcage lol. I used a mage resistance team which helped a lot.

I got champion with this setup. SG was not needed, I just needed a SMN+Breaker. I'd swap Shadow's Armor Break to Dismissal instead. But otherwise the key is just getting Shell up like you said.

I lucked out and had ice resistance armor from FF4 for cloud.

I just received an update from the app store, but the UI looks the same. when is the UI update expected?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-13 15:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I'll be able to beat it at all, maybe if I had Reflect honed or extra copies of Firaga Strike but I don't have the orbs.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-13 15:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just received an update from the app store, but the UI looks the same. when is the UI update expected?

6 AM 12/14 UTC. It will be a 6 hours maintenance so make sure to spend all stamina before that.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-13 15:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I'll be able to beat it at all, maybe if I had Reflect honed or extra copies of Firaga Strike but I don't have the orbs.
I didn't use firaga strike. I used fira strike. Fira strike will hit for 9999 dmg with armor breakdown. Advance with retaliate+boost hit for 8k+ with armor breakdown, 7k with armor break and 5k+ with no break.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-13 16:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't use firaga strike. I used fira strike. Fira strike will hit for 9999 dmg with armor breakdown. Advance with retaliate+boost hit for 8k+ with armor breakdown, 7k with armor break and 5k+ with no break.
If I remember right my Firaga Strike wasn't even hitting capped damage and my Fira Strike was only doing like 6k. With Armor Breakdown on Squall level 74 with mastered SSB. I don't really have the luxury of different RWs because I don't have SG/SS or any of the super impactful SBs.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-13 16:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember right my Firaga Strike wasn't even hitting capped damage and my Fira Strike was only doing like 6k. With Armor Breakdown on Squall level 74 with mastered SSB. I don't really have the luxury of different RWs because I don't have SG/SS or any of the super impactful SBs.

SHell and magic breakdown are sufficient to mitigate dmg for this boss. SG/SS is a luxury for this fight not a necessity. But advance is key for this fight.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-13 16:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can try Shell and Magic Breakdown only but I highly doubt I'll be able to use Advance, it's basically the rarest RW and I don't generally pick it anyways.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-13 16:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can try Shell and Magic Breakdown only but I highly doubt I'll be able to use Advance, it's basically the rarest RW and I don't generally pick it anyways.

Go onto official strategy website and add a bunch of advance users. They'll show up tomorrow probably on your list. Even if they don't follow you back its enough for the event.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-13 16:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I can try, I'm still not sure it will work at all. I don't care if they follow I don't really want advance except for this one thing.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-13 17:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I was just reading the reddit thread on the +++ battle and it said to nuke with Fire Damage. Do Fire nukes not trigger the stop counter?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-13 17:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I was just reading the reddit thread on the +++ battle and it said to nuke with Fire Damage. Do Fire nukes not trigger the stop counter?

I dunno everyone used physical dmg on the official site forums
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 159 160 161