Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-28 23:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I loled when i saw this info on reddit:

Global FFRK daily login rewards:

Japanese FFRK daily login rewards:

This is very misleading. The latter one is a special login bonus that only lasts 10 days, for a special event. We had the first one for most of the duration of the game. Recently, it's improved to include 4* gold/adamantite rewards, but it's not as ridiculous as the above images make it seem.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-03 15:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulu is pretty awesome sauce, probably going to be my new mainstay Blm if I can pull either of her relics. Having Wakkas MC after using him since basically the week I started in my main team feels amazing.

How are people feeling about Monks and Thieves now that they've gotten a lot of new abilities? I tried to get Galluf strong enough to daily clear with Punishing Palm on wave 1 and then Kick spam but it really isn't working. Steal Power seems cool but it only leaves me with 1 ability slot which hurts on long fights, I'd probably like it a lot better if I had a relic for a Thief so I could Steal Power > Soulbreak.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-03 23:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Lulu is pretty awesome sauce, probably going to be my new mainstay Blm if I can pull either of her relics. Having Wakkas MC after using him since basically the week I started in my main team feels amazing.

How are people feeling about Monks and Thieves now that they've gotten a lot of new abilities? I tried to get Galluf strong enough to daily clear with Punishing Palm on wave 1 and then Kick spam but it really isn't working. Steal Power seems cool but it only leaves me with 1 ability slot which hurts on long fights, I'd probably like it a lot better if I had a relic for a Thief so I could Steal Power > Soulbreak.

Lulu is basically Vivi. She's another glass cannon and can't really take hits. I was hoping she could take hits like Rinoa. Also remember we're getting Rinoa's MC2 first so she'll have the highest MAG for a bit.

I was on gamefaq FFRK threads just talking about thiefs. They are great as breakers. because they can equip a break ability and steal power. I equipped Vaan with Steal Power and Armor Break and he was doing 9k+ dmg and I don't have a relic for him.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-04 00:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Lulu is basically Vivi. She's another glass cannon and can't really take hits. I was hoping she could take hits like Rinoa. Also remember we're getting Rinoa's MC2 first so she'll have the highest MAG for a bit.

I was on gamefaq FFRK threads just talking about thiefs. They are great as breakers. because they can equip a break ability and steal power. I equipped Vaan with Steal Power and Armor Break and he was doing 9k+ dmg and I don't have a relic for him.
How the heck I can't even get my melees to hit for half of that, I dunno why I just don't seem to be able to make melees work. Having another Vivi is awesome since he has the highest MAG stat. I now have a good Blm for 7 zones of record synergy I think? Tera, Rinoa, Ashe, Lulu, Rydia, Vivi, and Hope/Vanille.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-04 00:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How the heck I can't even get my melees to hit for half of that, I dunno why I just don't seem to be able to make melees work. Having another Vivi is awesome since he has the highest MAG stat. I now have a good Blm for 7 zones of record synergy I think? Tera, Rinoa, Ashe, Lulu, Rydia, Vivi, and Hope/Vanille.

Elite Difficulty 83 dungeon. Vaan was using Katana Master..

I love Mage-meta. I need to level Hope- he's currently lvl23. Golbez, Rydia, Rinoa, Tyro, and Garnet or Selphie are usually my mage team.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-12-04 09:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulu is basically Vivi.

CharacterHPResistSpeed
Vivi3365143120
Lulu3667130110

Rest is exactly the same at level 65.
Only other notable difference is: Lulu's SB Weapons are dolls and form their own category and thus are not equipable by other characters.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-04 13:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Lulu is basically Vivi.

CharacterHPResistSpeed
Vivi3365143120
Lulu3667130110

Only other notable difference is: Lulu's SB Weapons are dolls and form their own category and thus are not equipable by other characters.

I'm sticking to Rinoa for a bit outside of IX and X realms. 2nd highest MAG. Great HP and Speed.

By runeghost 2015-12-04 16:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulu is basically Vivi.

CharacterHPResistSpeed
Vivi3365143120
Lulu3667130110

I'm sticking to Rinoa for a bit outside of IX and X realms. 2nd highest MAG. Great HP and Speed.

Also, Rinoa can actually do damage to /attack when you are saving up spells and dealing with trash mobs.
[+]
By runeghost 2015-12-04 16:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Question; I have gotten to the point where the 'core dungeons' that I haven't cleared yet are all Elite and above level 112 (with one exception).

So.... do people try to just do it for the 'First' drop? Do they use mithril in order to get past it? Or are their characters/weapons/abilities much higher than mine?
I can't get a perfect clear of trash mobs at that point without using abilities, and at that point I definately do not have enough to take any of the bosses (some of the bosses I need multiple mithril for the Phoenix effects even with full abilities)...

Thoughts? I have tried to be general to see what others are doing?
By Pantafernando 2015-12-04 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
So.... do people try to just do it for the 'First' drop?

One of the main reasons to complete dungeons is to collect stamina shards. Then, its to collect characters and their memory crystals. And finally, to collect high rank orbs. As those rewards happens both to clear and mastery conditions, the aim is to always clear every dungeon.

Quote:
Do they use mithril in order to get past it?

Its possible to clear any dungeon without mythril revives so i personally just use them to do relics pulls. Others prefer using it for staminas refreshes. But its preferable to avoid using it to clear content unless its an emergency like event deadline.

Quote:
Or are their characters/weapons/abilities much higher than mine?

While characters dont have that much diference between them, sure weapons/gears plays an important role, especially with RS. Abilities comes as important as weapons/items and are more accessible than the later. But dont neglect the correct strategy against bosses like researching in official guide gor weaknesses and moves so you can attack and defend efficiently.

Quote:
I can't get a perfect clear of trash mobs at that point without using abilities, and at that point I definately do not have enough to take any of the bosses (some of the bosses I need multiple mithril for the Phoenix effects even with full abilities)...

That part isnt uncommon, thats why its important to have honed abilities. Sucks it will consume some time farming daily dungeons but avoid using mythril revives. Try using them for refreshes so you can repeat dailies dungeons for more orbs/exp. Also, dont forget the RM that recover abilities, like the ones from core chars.

Quote:

I think you should optmize your playtime doing daily dungeons to hone abilities then save your mythril to collect better weapons. Dont feel rushed to complete dungeons though as they wont go anywhere, but pay attention to clear event, mainly the stages with uniques rewards like chars, mcs and gear. Just do dungeons if you feel you can master it without mythril revives otherwise just keep farming orbs. Dont forget to use eggs to boost your exp and built a strong setup. Then, research what kind of setup you prefer: mage meta, retaliate meta, mixed, etc. And never forget important tools that are mandatory in any high level dungeon like buffs, debuffs and dmg mitigation (choosen after carefully reading in the boss guide as some vulnerabilities makes even high lv bosses trivial).
By Draylo 2015-12-04 17:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Both are some of my favorite characters, I wish I could get Lulu's weapon though ><
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-04 17:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Rinoa can actually do damage to /attack when you are saving up spells and dealing with trash mobs.
Rinoa imo has one of the best relics in the game. In FF8 realms she's a beast. Like you said outside she can help with trash mobs just with attack. Her Angel Wing Bolt SB is thunder which a huge chunk of mobs are weak to. It's funny to see her do 8k dmg x3 on Angel wing Bolt when hitting weakness.
Question; I have gotten to the point where the 'core dungeons' that I haven't cleared yet are all Elite and above level 112 (with one exception).

So.... do people try to just do it for the 'First' drop? Do they use mithril in order to get past it? Or are their characters/weapons/abilities much higher than mine?

People S/L in order to get past without using mithrils and get perfect mob scenarios. Realm synergy is key, either characters and/or equipment.

Also try looking on the official strategy website for party setups. It gives you an idea what you need for the boss and trash mobs. Usually a SMN(w/ Valefor+SMN Spring2) or a BLM(with ruinga) is all you need to clear trash mobs. Mage trash mob dungeons can get cleared with Carbuncle.

Cultists Tower 2 Elite is an example of a horrible dungeon with everything casting Holy, Meteor, Flare, or Thundaga. I read horrible things the website but was able to clear the dungeon with no medals lost.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-04 19:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulu is basically Vivi.

CharacterHPResistSpeed
Vivi3365143120
Lulu3667130110

What I think stands out about Lulu is that her relic SBs are pretty baller, Hairpin being really broken for mage setups and doll being from what I understand as good as Vivis doublecast poison. Also any mage having a default SB that isn't Faith is good because Witch's Hat nullifies that SB. Her downsides are just defensive and lack of ability variety which really in my opinion isn't a big deal for black mages.

Elite Difficulty 83 dungeon. Vaan was using Katana Master..

I love Mage-meta. I need to level Hope- he's currently lvl23. Golbez, Rydia, Rinoa, Tyro, and Garnet or Selphie are usually my mage team.
Other than using Hand of the Emperor I don't see much different from what I do. I even generally bring Wakka which allows for even stronger defense down. I just can't get any melee to do damage even close to my mages. The only one I generally bring is Squall just because MC2 and Cutting Trigger, even then his hits are lucky to do in the 4k range.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-04 22:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also is there any indication one way or another whether the RoR relic banners will be the same or different? I'm really strugglin with should I pull on this banner or wait. I know RoR banner 3 in Japan had Tidus SSB, Lullaby Rod, Lulu Hairpin, and Sentinels on one banner which is just so good compared to pulling now. Banner 1 had Vegas though...
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-04 23:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also is there any indication one way or another whether the RoR relic banners will be the same or different? I'm really strugglin with should I pull on this banner or wait. I know RoR banner 3 in Japan had Tidus SSB, Lullaby Rod, Lulu Hairpin, and Sentinels on one banner which is just so good compared to pulling now. Banner 1 had Vegas though...

I always go by this site

FFRK Events Page

Their timeline of banners and which relics are available for pull is usually right.

Just finished the +++ for the FF10 event. THIS WAS SO MUCH EASIER THAN FF9 +++ battle against Soulcage.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-04 23:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I always go by this site

FFRK Events Page

Their timeline of banners and which relics are available for pull is usually right.

Just finished the +++ for the FF10 event. THIS WAS SO MUCH EASIER THAN FF9 +++ battle against Soulcage.
Thats the page I was using but since it just guesses based on the JP banners I have no idea if the same banners will be in the NA release. I know there have been times that we got different banners or events than they did.

Also soulcage is a monster, I just skipped him after trying to beat him for a long time one night. Haven't tried Yojimbo yet but I don't like bosses that have "Has instant death attack, your characters can't die".
By Draylo 2015-12-04 23:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I got Yojimbo down to literally 1% and he hits lulu with something, brings her to like 1 hp left and the dog finishes her and I win on the next turn... reset.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-05 00:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yojimbo was being a b@tch and kept spamming Wakizashi(His AoE move). It hurts even with protectga but got champion luckily. I used Gilgamesh reta+draw with planet protector.
By Draylo 2015-12-05 01:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat it after a few tries, Khimari ended up dying but thankfully you don't have to meet that condition unless its Waka or Lulu
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-05 01:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd that it tells you to use Fire and yet Yojimbo is not actually weak to fire. I ended up bringing weak abilities like Fira Strike and materia like Attunement thinking I'd hit the weakness <.<. Even after all that, and accidently bringing Magic Breakdown instead of Power, it still wasn't a hard fight. Protect+SG makes his hits barely even matter, really it's just a question of doing enough DPS to get enough medals in time.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-05 01:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no indication. Normally i check this page (http://bantha.org/%7Edscotton/ffrk.html) to see upcoming banners, and if the banners is translated, probably its garanteed that will come to global, but FFIII event and SSB celebration are still in japanese, even though FFVII event after the suposed RoR is already in english.

Personally i would decide pulling in this banner if you have gear with FFX synergy or no. I needed almost everything there so i did 2 pulls. I managed to get armor for everyone and the dagger. A sword and a rod would be great, but as i didnt need any armor from that banner, i stopped and waiting SSB.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-05 01:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Personally i would decide pulling in this banner if you have gear with FFX synergy or no. I needed almost everything there so i did 2 pulls. I managed to get armor for everyone and the dagger. A sword and a rod would be great, but as i didnt need any armor from that banner, i stopped and waiting SSB.

I wanted Yuna's Lullaby Rod staff but no luck. I still would love Wakka's Official Ball Relic too but doesn't seem like i'll be getting any relic love this banner :/
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-05 02:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't really need FFX synergy right at this moment since I've cleared all the elites and the event, and the JP RoR banner 3 gave better FFX synergy items than any of these banners really. I just really want Lulus Hairpin since I use mage comps 99% of the time and would use it always outside of synergy. I guess I'll just wait, I really wish this game was more forgiving with mythril.

Quote:
I wanted Yuna's Lullaby Rod staff but no luck. I still would love Wakka's Official Ball Relic too but doesn't seem like i'll be getting any relic love this banner :/
I wanted Lullaby Rod but I don't use summoners much to justify it. Official Ball was my first relic and I've been using it ever since, item is imo one of the more overlooked items in the game.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-05 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted Lullaby Rod but I don't use summoners much to justify it. Official Ball was my first relic and I've been using it ever since, item is imo one of the more overlooked items in the game.

Lucky you. Stays Reels stacks with Full Break. Sentinel's Grimoire was my 1st relic since then Tyro is almost always on my team.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-05 22:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

In one short moment of lost resolve I spent all the mythril I had saved up (60~) on the hairpin banner. I of course did not get a single 5* item and now have so many regrets about what I have done. I will now probably only be able to save up 50 or so mythril for RoR, hopefully rngjesus has pity on me and gives me a SSB weapon from that one pull.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-06 06:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

In one short moment of lost resolve I spent all the mythril I had saved up (60~) on the hairpin banner. I of course did not get a single 5* item and now have so many regrets about what I have done. I will now probably only be able to save up 50 or so mythril for RoR, hopefully rngjesus has pity on me and gives me a SSB weapon from that one pull.

Yes, even more considering that Lulu Hairpin suposelly will come back in the SSB fest (currently its there, in the third SSB banner.

At least you have one more chance to get the hairpin.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-12-06 11:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont feel bad.. I just did a random 3 pull with gems...

Nada thing...

Shouldve bought tacos...
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-06 15:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok. We here at Relic banner pullers anonymous provide a friendly support group to one another. I myself did a 15 mythril pull in hopes of the hairpin. I got nothing but garbage. I have 4 mythril to my name. May RNGjesus forgive me for my sins and bless me on the RoR banner.
By Pantafernando 2015-12-06 15:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I can control myself to stop myself when losing during pulls, but im afraid once Organics and later the First Tsurugi... After some minor pulls in FFV banner, i will be saving loads of mythril.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-06 16:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I spent over $200 on pulls during the Organics banner, I was able to talk myself out of spending more so far (good thing too, x-mas shopping drained me).
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 159 160 161