Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 159 160 161
By Pantafernando 2015-06-16 20:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
too many events X_x lol

Would be nice if we could get a "double stamina" event where our current stamina max is doubled, just so we could keep up with events. Trying to get Wakka/Tidus to 65 with the Gold event caused me to completely miss all of the EXP daily dungeon yesterday (though the former is probably better). I have no idea how I can finish these before the deadline and still keep up with current activities.

And here comes the next set of dungeons.

It seems our new stamina cap will be 110, so 5h30m. Im almost close of a decent night sleep, but still will to wait few sets of dungeons, as it seems we gonna be receiving less staminas every dungeon.
By Draylo 2015-06-16 20:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

too many events X_x lol

Would be nice if we could get a "double stamina" event where our current stamina max is doubled, just so we could keep up with events. Trying to get Wakka/Tidus to 65 with the Gold event caused me to completely miss all of the EXP daily dungeon yesterday (though the former is probably better). I have no idea how I can finish these before the deadline and still keep up with current activities.

I've said it a lot of times but you can just use mythril or do what the devs want and buy gems. I would suggest using mythril once you get decent equipment (which everyone should have something decent for realms with the gold event we had.) You can just use mythril to replenish stamina and catch up easily. Most pulls you will get 3 star anyways.. like all the posts in this thread are saying they get. You will have plenty of time later on with different discount campaigns to get good weapons outside of synergy 3~4 star ones.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-17 00:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally managed to grind to 100 stamina, idk if i can stomach the last few shards left, it's all doable but really annoying stuff and very stamina costly :|
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-17 01:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
I have been using BlueStacks to play FFRK but it has many bugs and is too heavy on the cpu, so I am looking for a more stable and lighter emulator. Any advice?

I will try posting few topics on reddit about that topic. Personally i have no knowledge about phone emulation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/31yetr/pc_players_which_emulator_do_you_use/

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/38wtqk/android_fix_for_anyone_having_any_kind_of_issues/

Thank you. I will be checking on them.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2015-06-17 11:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Used 5 mythril on the new banner for Snow, Vanille, etc.

Got a 5 star, and I was excited it was Vanille's weapon!

...until it wasn't. It was just a DIFFERENT rod that looked very similar with that thunder damage/paralyze soul break.

...beggars can't be choosers, I guess..?

God damn trolls, SE, god damn trolls..
By Pantafernando 2015-06-17 16:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »

...until it wasn't. It was just a DIFFERENT rod that looked very similar with that thunder damage/paralyze soul break.

At least you arent THIS guy:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-17 19:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What's worse, 9 Golden Spears or 9 Royal Cloaks?
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2015-06-17 20:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Least he's getting 5-stars from pulls. D:
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-17 23:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

What's worse, 9 Golden Spears or 9 Royal Cloaks?

Did you mean royal crown or regal gown?

In any case, the answer would be the armor. Basically because the armor will always be the best option for a neutral realm (no synergy) while spears are... Well, just consider how many spear users we have atm: gordon (mage), kain (only good in his own realm) and red mage (trash).

If at least it was 9 danjuros, we could discuss, but 9 SPEARS, well, thats tragic.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-06-18 10:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am curious what I am doing wrong. On each of the events coming out, I basically get to a point toward the end of the elite dungeons where I just can't do the bosses.

For the FFX event, I have Tidus (55) using a level 20 soldier sword (X), Cloud (40) with a Level 20 Fencing Sword++ (X) and Wakka (42) with a Level 20 Danjurio. Vivi (49) with rank 3 Firaga + rank 2 Thundaga. Garnet (50) with Rank 2 Curaga.

For example, I did Command Center - Interior 2 and I got to the second boss. Won the first boss, but used literally all of my abilities, healed up with a mithril to attempt the second boss.

It takes me literally 2-3 rounds to kill one of the sinspawn adds on the second boss, meanwhile, they are belting out 1500-2000 damage attacks on my characters. If I put wakka in the front row, he dies in 2 hits.

Do I basically just need 5* armors to survive these fights? I've only gotten a Genji Shield from pulls, I die so quickly in these fights that I don't think I can do them.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-18 15:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So I am curious what I am doing wrong. On each of the events coming out, I basically get to a point toward the end of the elite dungeons where I just can't do the bosses.

For the FFX event, I have Tidus (55) using a level 20 soldier sword (X), Cloud (40) with a Level 20 Fencing Sword++ (X) and Wakka (42) with a Level 20 Danjurio. Vivi (49) with rank 3 Firaga + rank 2 Thundaga. Garnet (50) with Rank 2 Curaga.

For example, I did Command Center - Interior 2 and I got to the second boss. Won the first boss, but used literally all of my abilities, healed up with a mithril to attempt the second boss.

It takes me literally 2-3 rounds to kill one of the sinspawn adds on the second boss, meanwhile, they are belting out 1500-2000 damage attacks on my characters. If I put wakka in the front row, he dies in 2 hits.

Do I basically just need 5* armors to survive these fights? I've only gotten a Genji Shield from pulls, I die so quickly in these fights that I don't think I can do them.

First, its natural to struggle near the end. thats because how the mobs lv scalate quickly as you progress. Normally, the last stage in an event is lv99. My front row char also takes 1000+ish from adds melee. AoE 1000ish even though i have 5* gear, so dont worry with that. While those fights requires above average lv gear, winning or no will depend on abilities, strats and why no? Luck. And for luck, i would say AKA S/L, AKA crashing app and restarting. Theres not much hope if you start your fight with ATB zero and mobs on preemptive strike. You just can hope to win if your right chars act first, and mobs first attack isnt a critical or a devastating AoE. Thats first point.

Second, about strat, there arent that much. Worthwhile to mention is retaliate meta, so all but one char stay backrow, halving physical dmg. Retaliate char will be protected if he keeps reapplying retaliate every 3 turns.

Third, even backrow, you still takes 800ish dmg. Then you consider your defensive tools: protectga, whats not easy to create/hone though some gear have protectga in shared SB, and that really helps. But you will rely more on power/magic break abilíties, so have then honed and research what mob to apply what. Finally, sentinels grimoire if you have tyros relic or tyro summon friend. Thats -60% dt for ~4 rounds and normally its suficient defense.

Forth, now a defensive trick that works in tidus bosses (most): all but the last one is susceptible to paralyze status. So bring your honed intimidate and use S/L to garantee para landing on first strike. It should last for about 3 turns, enough to clear few adds.

Fifth, offensive moves, use your best weapon in your retaliate char, keep him boosted and make sure to bring honed double cuts. Adds have at most 12k hp, and its expected your retaliate char boosted to deal 2.5k. Few double cuts against retaliate char will clear 1 add per round, hopefully before boss recover from paralyze.

Sixth is the vit0. Protect (mob)+ deprotega/status reel +protect (mob) and go to town. You can use it if you have vanilles or wakkas relic or using those as friend summon. If friend summon, you just have 2 uses (recharchable with refresh) and some bosses are tricky and you need at least 2 rounds to set it up so work well your defensive abilities.
 Bahamut.Kevinsorbo
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kevinsorbo 2015-06-18 20:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump New Dungeons Added
By Pantafernando 2015-06-18 20:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also new quests.

Grab extra mythril for having (hopefully) Rinoa, Luneth and Vivi/Garnet at lv50, plus extra rewards to do first stage in ffix and ffxii realms.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-18 20:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

just a reminder, don't forget to do gapra whitewood and elite next, as the normal version gives tyro's memory crystal and the elite gives clouds!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-18 20:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I might just use a few mythril for stamina resets to grab moar memory crystals D:

I could use Rydias lol
By Pantafernando 2015-06-18 20:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I might just use a few mythril for stamina resets to grab moar memory crystals D:

I could use Rydias lol

I want my extra 30 mins of sleep ASAP!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-18 20:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't used Vit0 yet. Can you explain what it does? (does it just put the mob's vitality at 0? duh)

I haven't used paladin retaliate either, so i can understand why im losing some battles because im not taking advantage of these game mechanics.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-18 20:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't used Vit0 yet. Can you explain what it does? (does it just put the mob's vitality at 0? duh)

I haven't used paladin retaliate either, so i can understand why im losing some battles because im not taking advantage of these game mechanics.

Not exactly zero defense, but enough so with just 200ish attack and you can cap dmg with melee.

Vit0 was patched in japanese version, and at some point it will be in global version, though makes me wonder why DeNa hadnt fixed that in global yet (maybe hoping some people to use it till they have honed abilities to survive without that, idk).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-18 21:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

to do vit 0, have somebody with protect(single target) and cast protect on the mob, then friend summon vanille and use SB on the mob, then cast single target protect on the mob again. This will reduce the mobs defenses down to 2. making most melee hits for 9999.

from there most people just do retaliate meta to incorperate more hits for maximum damage, have cloud/tyro/cyan/sephiroth use retaliate and have everyone else hit your retaliator so they always hit 9999, you can rack up 5-10 hits per turn of 9999 dmg. maximum 2 turns needed to down a boss this way.

Also forgot to mention, your retaliator is the only person in the front row, every one else should be back row'd to minimize damage, also having a protectga might help with this as well, specially if you are under leveled.

This probably won't be as useful for EX modes as there are multiple bosses and you only get 2 charges of friend summon. Although you could always just use a mythril for a reset if you get halfway through it. So it's definitely useable even at lower levels.

Enjoy it while you can though as it's just been patched in jp version, so global patch of this should come pretty soon. (it most likely will be accompanied by an app update, so the next time the app needs an update, safe to assume it's been patched)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-18 21:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

already got Tyro's materia II lol. well that was quick
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-18 21:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

sharing this

http://imgur.com/7UVp1zs
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-22 09:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Upcoming Event said:
Balamb Garden, The SeeDs of Conflict Event.
Scheduled for 5:00PM 6/22 PST (1:00AM 6/23 UTC).

The famed gunblade-wielding SeeD prepares for battle!
What trouble is brewing in Balamb Garden?

FINAL FANTASY VIII characters and equipment move to the head of the class in the Balamb Garden, The SeeDs of Conflict event.
Be prepared! Use Classic Dungeons and Daily Dungeons to upgrade your party and abilities now!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-22 10:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Irvine and Fran are pretty bad >_>

At least Fran is salvageable.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-22 20:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Irvine and Fran are pretty bad >_>

At least Fran is salvageable.

Irvine is worth using if you get his relic
By Draylo 2015-06-22 20:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

100 gem draw and I get a white dress, all is normal.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-22 23:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Got squalls gun sword, might swap him out for warrior of light. I'm pretty dissapointed there's no bow for Fran :/ . Apparently its too much to ask for a top tier back line DD.
 Lakshmi.Smithhart
user: smithra
By Lakshmi.Smithhart 2015-06-23 00:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone that wants to play around with Irvine's relic:

[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-23 07:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a x11 pull and got it, was hoping for something else, but hey, at least I got 1 5*
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-23 13:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Squall's memory crystal is stuck behind the Elite Archaeosaur. Think it might be the first I fail to get. ._.;
By Draylo 2015-06-23 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What is hard about him?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 159 160 161