MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-23 13:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
What is hard about him?
Has an attack that hits the whole party for 2k+ damage and seems to like using it a lot. Also counters some attacks.
And I'm just having really bad luck landing blind/slow.

Edit: Okay, got really lucky and landed blind/status reels. Made it much easier. ._.;
By Draylo 2015-06-23 13:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have protect on? That would help a lot too.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-06-23 19:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, intimidating him then spamming ice nukes/strikes. :)
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-23 19:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, you can bulldoze him pretty easily if you just have a strong party. I just Broke him with all three abilities, if you have a buddy with Tyro/Sentinel's Grimoire that would likely help as well. he ALMOST took out my Cloud, but still got destroyed in the end.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-24 23:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have light war 6* zant , Cecil dark 6* dark sword , cloud buster , tidas brotherhood and judgment staff aerith and that trex completely destroys me. *** that ***... Too bad too, I got a gunblade in last 50 pull.
By Draylo 2015-06-25 00:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Intimidate and protect is all you need. Just intimidate him or reset until you do and then unload all your ice on him. Blizzaga, Blizzara strike and I used shiva from rydia RW.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-25 02:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside intimidate like draylo said, power break will reduce its damage near to half, protect will double your defense and retaliate will make the char near immune to trex (retaliate procs even on AoE physical).

Can also set tyro as SB friend for -60% dt.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-25 09:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank s for tip, intimidate worked great, I can't believe how broken that was. He still got off 2 tail whips before I could use it, but I had tyros healing grimore and it was easy from there on.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-25 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Official guide provides all bosses/mob weaknesses to element/debuff, so make sure to check there before a fight.

Few tips beforehand: all but one (hein) bosses in ff3 new stages are susceptible to paralyze, multi boss stages like in ff12 are susceptible to stop (aeris Seal Evil) and ushumgal from ff13 is suceptible to para.

From current event, oillboyle is suscetible to sleep/stop and norg is susceptible to death, but just after pod is broken (and it has significant hp).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-25 17:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I championed T-rex on my first try. Sentinal RW, + Protectga, not sure if they stack tbh, but casted both anyways (after seeing him hit one of my backline for 60% of their hp)

after that it was a breeze, i barely even had to cure again before i took him down lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-25 19:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha anyone noticed that Heroic Mode Greater Orbs drop rate in Daily Dungeons is either extremely low OR simply has been removed?

For some reason, the past 10-15 Dungeons on Heroic Mode have not dropped one greater orb (outside of the mastery reward). Is there some pre-requisite to getting the items to drop? It seems it has been changed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-25 19:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, a note about Irvine's Fast Ammo SB - it appears to have been nerfed within the past day. Used to be able to use Vit0 + Fast Ammo and hit 9999 every hit (for a total of 99,990, enough to kill almost anything if used 2x). Now it does half of the damage.
By Draylo 2015-06-25 20:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ha anyone noticed that Heroic Mode Greater Orbs drop rate in Daily Dungeons is either extremely low OR simply has been removed?

For some reason, the past 10-15 Dungeons on Heroic Mode have not dropped one greater orb (outside of the mastery reward). Is there some pre-requisite to getting the items to drop? It seems it has been changed.

It's extremely low, I tried for greater earth orbs once and it was a failure.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-25 20:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Heroic daily is just worth if youre aiming 3* orbs, otherwise its better to search a dungeon and keep S/L to redo boss fight as elite bosses have around 20% drop rate of greater orb.

On topic of greater orb, the new best place to farm them is squall boss rush first stage (granaldo+ 3 adds). It seems all mobs can drop orbs. I just got a 4* power orb, and saw a screenshot of 4* non elemental + power at same time.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-25 20:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Also, a note about Irvine's Fast Ammo SB - it appears to have been nerfed within the past day. Used to be able to use Vit0 + Fast Ammo and hit 9999 every hit (for a total of 99,990, enough to kill almost anything if used 2x). Now it does half of the damage.

Vit0 is still fully working but just vit0 isnt enough to cap dmg. In practice, vit0 set mob defense to 2, so you need to have at least 200 attacks to cap damage. And as irvine SB multiplier is 0.5 (in each hit), i believe you gonna need a bit more to cap dmg in every hit, probably need a boost or realm synergy, idk.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-25 21:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear you on the added boost to attack (Boost ability or Synergy works), but I'm saying they definitely dropped it. A few days ago it was doing 9999 every hit. Recently been seeing numbers in the 4/5s on the 10 shot. I didn't see an announcement, but I really feel like it was ninja nerfed. Though for good reason.

Thanks for the tip about orbs. I had no idea.
By Draylo 2015-06-25 23:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you reset when the orb already dropped and boss is dead?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-06-26 00:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc it involves shutting off your wifi (airplane mode) themoment the treasure loads/doesn't load. Its the exact same method used for redoing siren fight if the Black cowll doesn't drop. If its not a yellow orb, quickly shut off your wifi and reload the game I believe. Then restart it and it should resume at the start of the fight
By Jetackuu 2015-06-26 07:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Thank s for tip, intimidate worked great, I can't believe how broken that was. He still got off 2 tail whips before I could use it, but I had tyros healing grimore and it was easy from there on.
I found dark buster worked a bit better than intimidate, but only because it didn't wear off during the fight.

Still didn't get heroic, debating on trying it again later or not. I've cleared all but the last 3, and mastered all those I've cleared except that one. To be fair though, I still have yet to clear a heroic daily, going to try to soon though.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-26 07:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I got tidus to lvl 64 and the rest of the squad at 55+, since then I've pretty much been able to auto clear most heroic dailies lol D:

Though I have better equip than normal, everybody has a native 5star weap/armor (other than my healer ;< )
By Jetackuu 2015-06-26 07:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, most of my main party is stuck at 50, and I don't have many 5* (too cheap to use RL $).

I was able to upgrade the Zantetsuken though, I guess I really should have just used it on two people instead.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-26 08:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ah, most of my main party is stuck at 50, and I don't have many 5* (too cheap to use RL $).

I was able to upgrade the Zantetsuken though, I guess I really should have just used it on two people instead.

definitely should have just used it on 2 people until you get more character relics. even if you did have character relics, I'd just make tyro a meh healer and throw on zant on him and make him a decent auto "meh" healer xD

Curaja + protectga, and auto spam for most content :3
By Jetackuu 2015-06-26 08:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, not quite to the point of having the AoE spells, almost.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-26 08:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can, get protectga asap, even before crafting quake, It's been a godsend for me. It's made lvl90+ bosses so much more manageable for me D:, And you get 2 charges for lvl 1.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-27 20:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sephiroth next.

I was kinda hoping they could bring back the ff7 event the global version skipped. Or that we could have cecil reissue or balthier. That means we kinda of "skipped" 3 events, and now we can have a chance to grab sephiroth in case youre like me and lost the begining of ffrk, and maybe red XIII, as its suposed that next banner is One Winged, and it was shared banner with Red XIII hastega pin.

Its said last boss from sephiroth is very hard. Jenova was strong in dungeon version, possible even stronger now.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-27 21:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally got some spare stamina only to get *** blocked by the pair of ranged/magic only bosses in 7/13 ; ;
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-06-28 22:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a 3x pull and an 11x pull

Will save the rest of my mythril for Ligthing and Cloud
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-06-28 23:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just pulled Sephiroth's weapon for 100gems...

Code: FU6G - if anyone wants to try it out.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-06-29 09:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice just got One-Winged Angel + Diamond Hairpin from 2 11 Relic Draws
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-06-29 10:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
How do you reset when the orb already dropped and boss is dead?
you can't check for an individual orb but you can check for the correct rarity like you can with chests and kind of hope, i guess.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 159 160 161