First Official GOP President Announcement

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 61 62 63
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 15:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was sticking to the two that, if we're being honest, both sides of the political spectrum should be able to agree apply to her.

Well, "entitled" comes close too.

Because look, even if you agree with her politics, there's certainly a level of "American nobility" to her. Husband was president, she was First Lady, she's been a politician, a powerful lawyer, a rich member of the corporate world...

...all of a sudden I'm not sure why she's not a Republican.
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
I was sticking to the two that, if we're being honest, both sides of the political spectrum should be able to agree apply to her.

Well, "entitled" comes close too.

Because look, even if you agree with her politics, there's certainly a level of "American nobility" to her. Husband was president, she was First Lady, she's been a politician, a powerful lawyer, a rich member of the corporate world...

...all of a sudden I'm not sure why she's not a Republican.

She used to be a Republican

In 1965, Rodham enrolled at Wellesley College, where she majored in political science.[18] During her first year, she served as president of the Wellesley Young Republicans;[19][20] with this Rockefeller Republican-oriented group,[21] she supported the elections of Mayor John Lindsay and Senator Edward Brooke
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-26 15:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Group of anonymous people coined the "Super Volunteers" (lol). Clearly, we should take them seriously.
Obviously Washington Post took them seriously.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 15:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
She used to be a Republican

Until she was 21. I hardly think that counts.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 15:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence why I said in real news... Joe Biden. So... that's as real as it gets I guess.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 15:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Group of anonymous people coined the "Super Volunteers" (lol). Clearly, we should take them seriously.
Obviously Washington Post took them seriously.

I highly doubt they're a hacking collective, but let's not look past that they at least (and I'm assuming intentionally) word themselves in a similar fashion to Anonymous when making their threat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-26 15:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? At first you are a democrat, then you grow up?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot of people do crazy stuff in college like be a woman etc !
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? At first you are a democrat, then you grow up?

Normally but she went to a "women's college" so that would turn anyone into a liberal.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 15:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor & young democrat. Rich and older, republican.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 15:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You could look at it that way.

You could also say "you acquire more personal wealth and begin to care about protecting that more than you care about helping others."

Either way. Like most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle once we decide to stop being sticks in the mud about it.

I'm a a bit guilty of it myself these days. Looking at buying a house and all of a sudden I'm beginning to have opinions about property tax going, "Man, that's just ***; I pay the utility companies to keep their ***up; I don't have kids in school. Why am I paying this again?"
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-26 15:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When you verbalize them, they actually stop being thoughts and turn into statements.

~=~=☆
The more you know!

And yes, his statements actually make him pretty awful.
Silly me, a god fearing christian was talking about the morals of people who don't fear god, of COURSE pleebo would be offended.

If you cross your fingers this time, you might make him less popular.
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be a man till I started to read Huff Post. Now I'm a liberal feminist.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said I was offended? lol. It's so over-the-top HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that it's just ridiculous, i.e., point, laugh, and forget about it.

I don't fear god yet I haven't brutally murdered any families nor relished the idea. Guess I'm a little bit behind. Like, of all the things to defend... this? Really?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-26 15:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said I was offended? lol. It's so over-the-top HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that it's just ridiculous, i.e., point, laugh, and forget about it.

I don't fear god yet I haven't brutally murdered any families nor relished the idea. Guess I'm a little bit behind.
Right cause clearly he was saying every atheist is a born killer.

Just another "redneck" for you to laugh at?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Just another "redneck" fundie idiot for you to laugh at?
Pretty much.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-26 15:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"Tolerant" to the end.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. Murder/rape/mutilation fantasies deserve my utmost respect. You're a moron, lol.
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey rape isn't so bad ! At least you live through it ! (most of the time)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-26 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What he seemed to be saying is that people can't tell the difference between right and wrong without god's law. That the atheist who's family he described as brutally murdered would wish that everyone believed in god so that they wouldn't have done that to the guy's family in the first place.

It seemed like he thinks that you have to be god fearing to not commit such an act.

Everyone with a brain should just ignore it as his own brand of ignorance and move on with their lives.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-26 15:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Hey rape isn't so bad ! At least you live through it ! (most of the time)
Except they were raped then murdered... sooo... You could be the guy that got his *** chopped off... it looks like he's the only one who made it through alive in that scenario.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-26 15:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. Murder/rape/mutilation fantasies deserve my utmost respect. You're a moron, lol.
Pleebo is the king of the thought police.
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard Ted Cruz is into rape fantasies.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't I be the captain since it's a police force?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-26 15:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
What he seemed to be saying is that people can't tell the difference between right and wrong without god's law. That the atheist who's family he described as brutally murdered would wish that everyone believed in god so that they wouldn't have done that to the guy's family in the first place.

It seemed like he thinks that you have to be god fearing to not commit such an act.

Everyone with a brain should just ignore it as his own brand of ignorance and move on with their lives.

I think he's saying it's easier to commit atrocities if you don't fear being judged by god, which I think is true. He might not have been very eloquent in how he said it, but that's what he's saying.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-26 15:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Because thoughts vocalized through the media or other platforms aren't subject to criticism?

If you lived by that standard you should rope yourself up for things you've posted on this page alone!

Thought police, in any case, would be if he was calling for this guys execution or imprisonment for saying it not laughing at the ridiculousness of said statement.

/shake head C'mon Nausi!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-26 15:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't get is that, I understand you saying it. I don't understand why other conservatives aren't embarrassed over standing in the same camp as you.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

which I think is true
Of course you do.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-26 15:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

I think he's saying it's easier to commit atrocities if you don't fear being judged by god, which I think is true. He might not have been very eloquent in how he said it, but that's what he's saying.
That might be a shared opinion between the two of you but it's not one I agree with. You still have to answer to people on earth and the punishment might just send you to meet your maker all the sooner. Not only that but people commit attrocities in the name of god so there's always that too.

I think it's made pretty clear that many atheists are law abiding citizens in this fair country and others across the globe with no fear of god keeping them in check.
By Zackan 2015-03-26 15:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
& young democrat. older, republican.
ftfy
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 61 62 63