First Official GOP President Announcement

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 ... 61 62 63
By Zackan 2015-03-23 00:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/ted-cruz-announce-presidential-bid-monday-n328051

All I have to say is YAY!(and can't wait for 9/10 naysayers to pop up)
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 00:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/ted-cruz-announce-presidential-bid-monday-n328051

I don't care if he runs, I just hope that he is ridiculed and attacked over being born in Canada after being part of the "birther" ***.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-23 00:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you forgot the part where he would also be the first Hispanic presidential candidate.
By Zackan 2015-03-23 00:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Oh, you forgot the part where he would also be the first Hispanic presidential candidate.

Or his best qualification, a Tea Party favorite(which is why I adore him)

among many reasons.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-23 00:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

But here in lies the problem, he was pretty vocal about people voting for Obama for being voted in because he was black, and now, he'll be doing the same thing, for the Hispanic votes.

Assuming he gets voted in.

Also, he's been heavily at odds with the tea party, and the republicans as well as the democrats.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 00:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Or his best qualification, a Tea Party favorite(which is why I adore him)

among many reasons.

I can just imagine his first State of the Union Address...

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-23 00:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Green Eggs and Ham!!!!!!!!!!!;!!;

Edit: Somebody email Cary at Fairfaxunderground!!!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-03-23 00:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think he's even capable of making a facial expression that doesn't make him come off as a smarmy ***.
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-23 00:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But here in lies the problem, he was pretty vocal about people voting for Obama for being voted in because he was black, and now, he'll be doing the same thing, for the Hispanic votes.

Assuming he gets voted in.

Also, he's been heavily at odds with the tea party, and the republicans as well as the democrats.

Who isn't? His responsibility is to Texas first and foremost. I am sure we have had some issue with him, but you can place Tea party at the bottom of that list he 'is at odds with'.

And he is trying to ride the Hispanic vote? Way to play the racist card and think that low of humanity, as usual
By Zackan 2015-03-23 00:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I don't think he's even capable of making a facial expression that doesn't make him come off as a smarmy ***.

haters will hate^^
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-03-23 00:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He wouldn't get the Hispanic vote any more than Rubio would. No chance of winning the nomination. His best hope is being named a running mate but he wouldn't bring any state with him.
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-23 00:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
He wouldn't get the Hispanic vote any more than Rubio would. No chance of winning the nomination. His best hope is being named a running mate but he wouldn't bring any state with him.

Is it so unbelievable that a 'new name' would have a chance? if so, it makes me cry how far away we have come from our origins
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-23 00:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Dem's should relish the idea of him being nominated. The GOP making the same mistake as Sarah Palin would tip the scales in their favor in the general election. Ted Cruz is gold to a very small portion of the electorate and pure poison to the rest.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-23 00:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's playing the racist card? No one here is.

NO one said anything even remotely racist, just pointing out the hypocritical attitude that he has personally gone after others for.

He's gone after Obama for supposedly being born out of the US, despite being born in Hawaii. He's accused Obama of being voted in because he was the first black president.

And you want to call me racist, despite pointing out that is exactly what will happen to Ted Cruz?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-23 00:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows Jebs got that Latino vote on lock. Jorge P Bush delivers votes for the Bush fam when he gets behind a mic and in front of cameras.
By Zackan 2015-03-23 00:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's playing the racist card? No one here is.

NO one said anything even remotely racist, just pointing out the hypocritical attitude that he has personally gone after others for.

He's gone after Obama for supposedly being born out of the US, despite being born in Hawaii. He's accused Obama of being voted in because he was the first black president.

And you want to call me racist, despite pointing out that is exactly what will happen to Ted Cruz?

i said you played the race card. That card was that he is hispanic therefore you think that will affect the hispanic vote. That's all i was referring to. Maybe our definitions are out of sync
By Zackan 2015-03-23 00:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Everyone knows Jebs got that Latino vote on lock. Jorge Bush delivers votes for Bush fam when he gets behind a mic and in front of cameras.

He is on the bottom of my list who i want nominated, screw jeb
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-03-23 00:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A foreign-born, one term Senator running for president? I've seen this episode before...
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-23 00:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Your words were "racist card", nor am I playing the race card.

Again, pointing out what will happen, based on peoples perceptions, is not racist, nor playing the race card.

What I am doing, is pointing out the irony of the situation.
By Jetackuu 2015-03-23 01:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
A foreign-born, one term Senator running for president? I've seen this episode before...
Where?
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-23 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote="Bahamut.Omael" pid=2854393]A foreign-born, one term Senator running for president? I've seen this episode before...[/quote]

Right and the kicker is he " officially" denounced his Canadian citizenship In 2014. I don't care if his mother was american if she chose to live in Canada that is not red white and blue. That's a maple leaf in my opinion.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-03-23 01:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Omael said: »
Where?

I'm being facetious. So now that he's announced his bid, can we start a new round of birtherism or what?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-23 01:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

She was an American citizen, he was born in Canada while his parents were on vacation, and his father is of Cuban descent.

Edit: Also sounds like an Episode of King of the Hill, where he thought he was born in Texas, but born in NY State.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-03-23 01:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

She was an American citizen, he was born in Canada while his parents were on vacation, and his father is of Cuban descent.

Edit: Also sounds like an Episode of King of the Hill, where he thought he was born in Texas, but born in NY State.

It would be exactly like that episode if Cruz's dad was in Canada to assassinate Castro.

edit: Dammit keyboard, do as I type!
By Enuyasha 2015-03-23 02:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I don't care if he runs, I just hope that he is ridiculed and attacked over being born in Canada after being part of the "birther" ***.

PREACH IT UPON THE MOUNTAIN TOPS!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-23 03:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And our first guy who most definitely won't be president enters the arena.

Hopefully he manages to be more entertaining than Herman Cain. I mean at least that guy cribbed SimCity's tax plan, flub Libya and quote Pokemon before going down in a ball of "Go home to your wife" flames.

I'll remember for my own Presidential run to quote FFXI.

"People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame..." -Raogrimm
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-23 03:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahahahahahaha
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2015-03-23 04:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

too much? sorry. I was never here.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-23 05:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I kindof wish it was Scott Walker who made the announcement.

All well.
 Sylph.Ryogo
Server: Sylph
user: Rolypoly
By Sylph.Ryogo 2015-03-23 05:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this guy always in character? lol
#totallylookslike Flabber from Beetleborgs.
First Page 2 ... 61 62 63