First Official GOP President Announcement

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 61 62 63
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-25 15:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry because even if were almost at capacity for storage a refinery will go down or something will happen to raise the price of gas.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 15:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Fracking towns are kinda funny. The cost of living there has skyrocketed for people that moved to work there. Rent costs and the such shot up and its hard to find your own place unless its been provided by your employer or you choose to live in those group homes.

Then years later when the fracking is all done the city will then again disappear into obscurity lol.

But all the crime, drugs prostitution, traffic deaths, violence and general overwhelmed public services must be great! I'd love to wheel the family out to Fracktown, USA right now!

All the wealth being spread around, it brings joy to my red, white and blue American soul.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-25 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Well this is from Jan, so it looks like the bankruptcies have at least started.

Factbox: Latest U.S. bankruptcies by oil and gas companies
With oil being down, that's to be expected.

Remember, not every oil & gas company is an Exxon Mobil.

Pretty sure a few Native american tribes had been fracking.
By fonewear 2015-03-25 15:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Fracking towns are kinda funny. The cost of living there has skyrocketed for people that moved to work there. Rent costs and the such shot up and its hard to find your own place unless its been provided by your employer or you choose to live in those group homes.

Then years later when the fracking is all done the city will then again disappear into obscurity lol.

But all the crime, drugs prostitution, traffic deaths, violence and general overwhelmed public services must be great! I'd love to wheel the family out to Fracktown, USA right now!

All the wealth being spread around, it brings joy to my red, white and blue American soul.

You had me at prostitute !
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-03-25 16:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at the date, it says 2000 to 2010, so yes, all of Bush Jr's administration and part of your lord and savior Obama's administration.
You really do need your out-group hatred to make it through the day, don't you? I've been vocally underwhelmed by Barack Obama since he first entered the primaries, but, sure, let's go ahead and strawman me. That doesn't make you look like an *** at all.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 16:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Look at the date, it says 2000 to 2010, so yes, all of Bush Jr's administration and part of your lord and savior Obama's administration.
You really do need your out-group hatred to make it through the day, don't you? I've been vocally underwhelmed by Barack Obama since he first entered the primaries, but, sure, let's go ahead and strawman me. That doesn't make you look like an *** at all.
I'm just replying in the same tone you did previously, bub.
By Zackan 2015-03-25 18:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I regret not naming this thread
"Ted Cruz for President" why in my superb idiotness did I pick a neutral title....

26 pages of publicity for Ted Cruz is awesome..
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-25 19:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll let you in on a secret...try editing the original post.
By Zackan 2015-03-25 21:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I'll let you in on a secret...try editing the original post.

I don't get it. how does that change the title?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-25 21:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't, but you do have the ability to change the title.

Look next to the title for a blue word that says "Edit"

Well, maybe it's not there anymore, I just checked a couple of threads I started, and it's not there anymore.
By Zackan 2015-03-25 23:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am gonna call it. R.I.P. to this thread.

(who is gonna be the jackass that proves me wrong?)
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-26 12:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

/raises hand

Your thread sucks and you should feel bad for making it!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-26 12:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait for part 2: "First official serious Liberal presidential candidate announcement: ***just got real!"
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 12:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait for part 2: "First official serious Liberal presidential candidate announcement: ***just got real!"

"Second official GOP candidate: The Walkering"
Subtitle:This ***Just Got Conservative
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-26 12:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

anything with "2" has to include the phrase "electric boogaloo"
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 12:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
anything with "2" has to include the phrase "electric boogaloo"

GOP Two Scott Walkeretric Boogaroo.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-26 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

HILLARY IS HAPPENING will be my title when our matriarch finally ascends to her rightful place in the political constellation.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hillary Clinton has been in the public eye for a very long time, which means much has been written about her -- including quite a few adjectives. But some of these adjectives are now off-limits.

That's according to the Clinton "Super Volunteers," who have promised to track the media's use of words they believe to be sexist code words.

So these words are now off the table: "polarizing," "calculating," "disingenuous," "insincere," "ambitious," "inevitable," "entitled," "over-confident," "secretive," "will do anything to win," "represents the past," and "out of touch."

Also apparently off the table: "tone deaf" -- at least according to a new Twitter account that appears to be from the group:

[blah blah blah]

The thinking here, of course, is that these kinds of words are attached to Clinton in a way that they wouldn't be attached to male candidates -- that people wouldn't call Clinton "ambitious" if she weren't a woman, that there is a double-standard for such traits.
The 13 words you can’t write about Hillary Clinton anymore

In real news:

Quote:
Joe Biden may come under pressure to decide whether he will challenge Hillary Clinton for the White House sooner than anticipated, as liberal anxiety has prompted multiplying grassroots supporters to wonder if the vice-president might be knocked from his perch of studied neutrality and into a presidential bid.

A third-party political action committee urging Biden to challenge Clinton from the left in the smoldering controversy over her email arrangements has ballooned tenfold in the past week alone, the Guardian has learned, even as advisers close to the vice-president insist that he will wait and see about a 2016 run they say he is still “seriously considering”.

Hints that the Democratic search for alternatives to Clinton may be more heartfelt than previously thought – an earnest progressive case for an Al Gore candidacy emerged last week, and the email controversy has created air pockets in Clinton’s popularity ahead of her expected run – has some eyes wandering anew in the direction of the current White House.

Now, with Republican candidates launching formal campaigns and the Clinton machine not far behind, Biden supporters are for the first time displaying organizational structure: a Draft Biden web site last week that has gone from a list of 2,000 supporters to 20,000 backers nationwide, director Will Pierce told the Guardian.

What’s more, Pierce said, they are getting help from old Biden hands.

“Since we started this, a lot of people from Biden’s past, from when he was a United States senator as well as when he ran for president, have been coming out and supporting it and getting involved,” said Pierce, who said he has worked on political campaigns for about 10 years. “We’ve been feeding from their firehose, just because it’s been a lot of support.”

Biden has said for months that he will wait until summer before deciding whether to jump into what would be a battle against Clinton for the Democratic nomination for president. In January, Biden told ABC News that “there’s a chance” he would run. “I don’t think you have to make up your mind until the summer,” he said. “I think this is wide open on both sides.”

But from the vice-president’s perspective, the question has not changed, said Ted Kaufman, who was chief of staff for Biden for two decades in the Senate and was appointed to succeed him as senator after Biden’s elevation to the vice-presidency.

“His situation is the same as he talked about at the end of last year, that he was going to decide this summer,” Kaufman told the Guardian on Tuesday. “The main criterion is, what would he bring to the race, in terms of the ideas he cares most about.”

“Nothing’s really changed, the last four-five months, in terms of his position on running.”

Biden supporters point to his four decades in the Senate, where he served as chairman of the foreign relations committee and helped craft the Violence Against Women Act. Detractors point to his two previous unsuccessful presidential campaigns, including a 2008 effort that ended with a fifth-place finish in the caucuses in Iowa, which traditionally hosts the first voting in the presidential nominating contests.

Pierce, a former member of the US army reserves who deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, said he supported Biden for his foreign policy experience. “A lot of people say this is an anti-Hillary Pac. It’s not,” Pierce said. “This is a pro-Joe Pac. We’re focused on the vice-president.”

They are not the only ones, said *** Harpootlian, a former Democratic party chairman in South Carolina and vocal Biden backer.

“Behind the scenes, I continue to hear from folks who know I’m a Biden partisan that they’re anxious for him to get in the race, and anxious for him to do something overt,” Harpootlian said. “However, we all recognize he’s got a day job, unlike the rest of these folks, unlike Hillary Clinton.”

One well-connected Democrat in Iowa, where Biden popped up last month to talk economic policy, told the Guardian that the vice-president has “maintained he is still seriously considering” running for the White House, but “his time frame was a little longer than some people may be comfortable with”.

As the Democrat explained, if Biden sees Clinton faltering, “he may decide to pull the trigger”. However, Biden “doesn’t have to, he just wants to wait if he sees a moment”.

Clinton’s popularity among Democrats fell 15 points, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll earlier this month, following revelations that she had used a private email account for official work as secretary of state. Clinton has been accused of using the account to hide her correspondence from the public eye. She has denied wrongdoing.
Biden facing pressure to decide on challenge to Hillary Clinton
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-26 15:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hillary Clinton has been in the public eye for a very long time, which means much has been written about her -- including quite a few adjectives. But some of these adjectives are now off-limits.

That's according to the Clinton "Super Volunteers," who have promised to track the media's use of words they believe to be sexist code words.

So these words are now off the table: "polarizing," "calculating," "disingenuous," "insincere," "ambitious," "inevitable," "entitled," "over-confident," "secretive," "will do anything to win," "represents the past," and "out of touch."

Also apparently off the table: "tone deaf" -- at least according to a new Twitter account that appears to be from the group:

[blah blah blah]

The thinking here, of course, is that these kinds of words are attached to Clinton in a way that they wouldn't be attached to male candidates -- that people wouldn't call Clinton "ambitious" if she weren't a woman, that there is a double-standard for such traits.
So, basically anything negative about her is considered sexist.

Like how anything negative about Obama is considered racist.

Same song, different singer. And people are still denying that she will just be Obama 2.0
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ted Cruz To 'Global Warming Alarmists': Galileo Was 'Branded A Denier' Too

Apparently, Cruz understands history as well as he does the glaring subtext of Dr. Suess's books.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is evil liberal fascist on the list ?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Nope :)
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I know one word definitely not on the list... sexy !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-26 15:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Nope :)
give it time.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I could use a little global warming right now. It is cold as *** outside !
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 15:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. I'm normally on board in agreeing there's a lot of sexism and racism flying around the country, but,

Quote:
?

"Inevitable" is the only one I think you could argue isn't seperable from her gender, as too many people have said in the past that it's "inevitable" that we'll some day have a woman president.

"Represents the past" and "out of touch" aren't even in the ballpark of sexist, they're actually representative of her. See the "we're poor" tripe.
By fonewear 2015-03-26 15:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say she is a *** but she might get turned on by that !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-26 15:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Wow. I'm normally on board in agreeing there's a lot of sexism and racism flying around the country, but,

Quote:
?

"Inevitable" is the only one I think you could argue isn't seperable from her gender, as too many people have said in the past that it's "inevitable" that we'll some day have a woman president.

"Represents the past" and "out of touch" aren't even in the ballpark of sexist, they're actually representative of her. See the "we're poor" tripe.
So is "calculating" "disingenuous" "insincere" "ambitious" "entitles" "over-confident" "secretive" and "will do anything to win".

Seriously, none of those words are sexist. Slanderous, maybe, but certainly not sexist.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Group of anonymous people coined the "Super Volunteers" (lol). Clearly, we should take them seriously.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-26 15:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to liberal fascism.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 61 62 63