Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 176 177 178
 Bismarck.Escarlett
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: SVTRACING
By Bismarck.Escarlett 2016-11-02 14:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning Player. Does anyone have a recent BST Gearswap they are willing to share. Need something more advanced than the basic one. Can PM me or post Here. Thanks!
By Thandor 2016-11-02 19:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a link to Falkirk's Gearswap at the bottom of the OP.
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2016-11-03 12:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »
Was a new Onslaught build ever made? I pretty much followed what you had Falkirk but I was thinking some of the Escha Ru'ann and Reisenjima gear might put out some higher #s along with those new Skadi Ambuscade hands.

Would love to see what your set is now.

Bump again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-11-03 17:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a new Onslaught build ever made? I pretty much followed what you had Falkirk but I was thinking some of the Escha Ru'ann and Reisenjima gear might put out some higher #s along with those new Skadi Ambuscade hands.

Bump again.

Should be something similar to this...

Trivial:
ItemSet 347552
lustratio cap +1: Path A
argosy hauberk +1: Path A
lustratio subligar +1: Path B
lustratio leggings +1: Path D
Artio's mantle: DEX+30, Accuracy/Attack+20, WS DMG+10%

Guttler hungers for attack power though, so this is approximately what you're looking for:

Moderate iLvl
ItemSet 262999
Argosy Armor: all Path A
[+]
 Bismarck.Feluu
user: Feluu
By Bismarck.Feluu 2016-11-07 23:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This guide is wonderful, but it's missing something important... It needs a list of pet self-skillchains. Ready recast is so low, you can non-stop SC, and MBing is too important not to have these handy. For example:

Warlike Patrick:
Blockhead > Tail Blow = Impaction

Under the jug section it shows skillchain properties each pet WS has (Tail Blow mentions Impaction), but it should have a list of self-SCs available for that pet. Ain't nobody got time to memorize the entire SC chart to know that you can open an Impaction SC with a Reverberation WS...

What's that? You don't which pet move opens an Induration SC off the top of your head? What a noob! /s

Does anyone have a complete list for the 119 jugs?
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-11-08 01:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Guttler hungers for attack power though, so this is approximately what you're looking for:

My Guttler always hungers for blood. I find myself going out late at night finding prey so it can feast.
By Calinari 2016-11-08 03:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Quote:

My Guttler always hungers for blood. I find myself going out late at night finding prey so it can feast.

Guttler by far the best relic story. Me, cut, flesh. Break, bone. Drink, blood.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-08 07:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Feluu said: »
This guide is wonderful, but it's missing something important... It needs a list of pet self-skillchains. Ready recast is so low, you can non-stop SC, and MBing is too important not to have these handy. For example:

Warlike Patrick:

Under the jug section it shows skillchain properties each pet WS has (Tail Blow mentions Impaction), but it should have a list of self-SCs available for that pet. Ain't nobody got time to memorize the entire SC chart to know that you can open an Impaction SC with a Reverberation WS...

What's that? You don't which pet move opens an Induration SC off the top of your head? What a noob! /s

Why don't you make that chart then? If you make one I am sure Falk would add the infomation.
By Kodaijin 2016-11-08 07:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Like this? it wouldnt let me spoiler it... so I made a node (and it was huge so I just make a link vs publishing the node on this page)
Im sure there are ways to make this look fancier and easier to read. I just took it from the weaponskill generator app.
[node]298[/node]All Bst PET > PET SCs and PET + Master SCs
[+]
 Sylph.Nimlith
user: Nimlith
By Sylph.Nimlith 2016-11-08 08:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome! Thanks.
By Azureth 2016-11-10 01:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

new ambuscade armor looks legit!!! we will finally be ablet to tp with our pets. this can help our dps. i wish they would make an updated charmers merlin.
[+]
By Calinari 2016-11-10 01:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Azureth said: »
new ambuscade armor looks legit!!! we will finally be ablet to tp with our pets. this can help our dps. i wish they would make an updated charmers merlin.

From a master DD set perspective only the hands have any relevance.

Already had Argosy valorous and Meghanada, anything youre going to melee on your pet doesn't need acc for (probably)
By missdivine 2016-11-10 02:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
Azureth said: »

From a master DD set perspective only the hands have any relevance.

Already had Argosy valorous and Meghanada, anything youre going to melee on your pet doesn't need acc for (probably)
The body armor is way better than argosy , it lacks of atk but it has lots of acc for pet and way more dex / balanced for both.
By Azureth 2016-11-10 02:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i think this set has the most haste out of all previous ambuscade sets
 Bismarck.Feluu
user: Feluu
By Bismarck.Feluu 2016-11-10 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
Like this? it wouldnt let me spoiler it... so I made a node (and it was huge so I just make a link vs publishing the node on this page)
Im sure there are ways to make this look fancier and easier to read. I just took it from the weaponskill generator app.
[node]298[/node]All Bst PET > PET SCs and PET + Master SCs

This is amazing! Is there a way to filter out the same-pet skillchains from that list though? Maybe stick those self-SCs at the top or bottom of the list under their own heading?
By Kodaijin 2016-11-10 18:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. But I've shutdown for the night. Maybe will look tomorrow
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2016-11-10 19:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Feluu said: »

Warlike Patrick:

I have been using FFXI Calculator for this purpose. It was updated in January of this year and I believe has all current SC possibilities for everything. Blue Magic, Blood Pacts, Automation Ws, etc.

Here is the output from BST pet > BST Pet
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-11-13 08:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i know iv asked this before, but its been to long to remember when..
So can anyone re-enlighten me as to locations and pet / pet sc's used for cp parties for bst?
With the weather getting quite cold, i should have more time to play in a week or two.
By Xilk 2016-11-16 09:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The Tali-ah +1 set looks really great.

Its a great Pet Acc and Pet Macc set in one. SPACE savings for any pet serious pet job player, or player who likes to play multiple pet jobs.

This set would open gateways to use bst, smn, or pup in higher level content even if they haven't been fully geared/prepared ahead of time. This much pet acc, and Macc means your pet can participate in most any battle without being worthless. Its also a pretty good master tp set as well.

Its a priority set piece for me. It would also allow me to redo a bunch of augments on Reisenjima gear (and possibly some alluvion skirmish gear if needed).

The economy of this set is rather astounding imo. its definitely a high priority for me.
By Endtanis 2016-11-16 09:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize if this has been asked (didn't see it mentioned in the last page or so), but, is the new Ambuscade gear for BST (Tali'ah Set) worth it? I'm somewhat of a returning player (been back for about 3~ish months) and I'm pretty casual. My group doesn't do a lot of super high-end content as a lot of us are just returning and getting caught up again.

My current setup is as follows for normal BST-related stuff:

Arktoi: Accuracy+50, Pet: Accuracy+50, Attack+30
Kumbhakarna: Pet: Physical Damage Taken-4%, TP Bonus+80, Accuracy+20
Valorous Mask: Pet: DEX+7, Accuracy+30, Rng. Accuracy +30, Attack+7, Rng. Attack+7, StoreTP+1
Acro Surcoat: Pet: Critical Hit Rate+4%, Damage Taken -3%, Accuracy+21, Rng. Accuracy+21
Valorous Hose: Pet: Haste+1%, Accuracy+30, Rng. Accuracy+30, Attack+9, Rng. Attack+9
Acro Leggings: Call Beast delay-5, Pet: Damage Taken-2%, Accuracy+25, Rng. Accuracy+25
Pastoralist's Mantle: STR+2, DEX+2, Accuracy+1, Pet: Damage Taken-1%, Accuracy+20, Rng. Accuracy+20

ItemSet 284152

I've been working on continuing to replace my Acro gear with Valorous gear and further upgrading stats on my Kumbhakarna, but, should I be focusing on the new Ambu gear or pass? I do melee with my pet, but, my main focus right now is to have it's ACC and other stats as good as they can get (Acc, -PDT/MDT/DT, Double Attack, etc).

Thanks for any suggestions.
 Asura.Lheon
Server: Asura
user: Lheon
By Asura.Lheon 2016-11-17 10:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi! I'm playing FFXI for some months now but I still consider myself a new player. I'm following this guide to gear up my BST and to improve my gameplay with this job.

I would like to start farming Job points. I haven't really farmed them since I hit 99. I just have 20jp total accumulated through random kills.

My concern is how I should go about it. My gear is mainly AF2 119 (Ankusa+1) armor + Desultor Tassets (Ready-5) and some pieces of the new Tali'ha+1 Ambuscade set. Weapons are Jester Malatrix 119 Axe + Charmer's Merlin. I've got all cp bonuses from storylines and reives, except for Rank 10 Windurst and San d'Oria (but I will cover them in next days). I have mantle +30% cp. Also Trizek and some cp rings.

I'm thinking about start farming them in solo and later join some group, probably after the 100 Jp gift of Ready-5.
Question is: with my equipment, where I should go to solo? Is it possible to farm at least 15-20Jp/hour somewhere with my equip?

Thanks to anyone who will reply to this.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-11-17 11:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Best place to solo to 100 (which is especially easy during campaigns like right now) is Reisenjima. I like the mosquitos, but most any mobs there will work.

Then after 100 you should be good to go with Apex parties.
Especially with more Talia'ah+1.
 Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2016-11-17 15:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

Bump again.

Should be something similar to this...

Trivial:
ItemSet 347552
lustratio cap +1: Path A
argosy hauberk +1: Path A
lustratio subligar +1: Path B
lustratio leggings +1: Path D

Moderate iLvl
ItemSet 262999
Argosy Armor: all Path A

Thank you so much for posting this. I was on the right track for most of it but I was using a Caro Necklace over Fotia Gorget.
By Xilk 2016-11-27 23:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I've been under a misapprehension about the Gifts for BST JP.

I thought that "Familiar Phys. Atk. and Ef. Bonus" and "Familiar Phys. Acc. and Eva. Bonus" were added to pets when using Special Ability "Familiar".

However, after getting to 1900+ jp, I went to use checkparam on randy with most my attack+ gear on.

1150 primary acc. 1936 Primary attack
eva 778/ Def 979
I then used Familiar, and it increased the values to:

1180 Primary Acc. 1984 Primary Atk.
eva 808 / Def 1061

These values are not at all what I expected.

I expected a boost of 70 Acc, and Attack boost of 106 modified by Randy's 60% attack bonus....

However, I got a 30 point increase in Acc and a 78 point increase in attack.
I removed all stat boosting gear and got the following on my familiar'd randy:
1013 acc, 1490 atk
808 eva, 1061 def

I messed around summoning another randy, to make sure I actually had gloves on when summoning, and with no pet stat boosting gear, randy had
983 Acc, 1442 Atk
778 eva, 979 def

I'm having trouble reconciling these values with the ilvl 119 stats in the guide. My understanding is that the guide values are without any gift points.

And that kinda makes sense. However, I see +94 Acc and + 178 Atk for randy. I understand maybe there's a slight acc bonus that wasn't calculated,... but the attack is too high for the 60% bonus also. where is the extra 9 attack and 14 acc coming from?

Furthermore, Since when are we actually getting acc,atk, eva, and def bonuess for Familiar? Is that from the trousers and no one actually noticed or checked after checkparam came out? or did no one bother to write it down? It looks like a bonus of +30, with the 60% attack bonus for randy it lines up. but there is also a big def bonus for randy if that's the case. he gets 82 def instead of 30?? nope, he has -10% def... almost makes me think it should be 90 def and a reduction for randy....

Still, I haven't seen these numbers anywhere before. I'll check more tomorrow, but if anyone else understands something or wants to check, please post.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-11-27 23:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The +acc/atk gifts are always in effect regardless of whether or not Familiar is active or not.

The extra acc/atk you're seeing during Familiar is probably coming from the job point category which gives +stats when under familiar (+60 to all stats if capped).

As for your missing acc/atk, it's probably coming from the pet accuracy job point category and the 550 gift which gives +8 to all pet stats.
By Xilk 2016-11-28 05:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank-you, that is exactly what I was forgetting for familiar ja. And other stats.

I'm still a bit surprised at the amount that it increases pet def for 60 vit before and after familiar.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-11-28 07:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
I'm still a bit surprised at the amount that it increases pet def for 60 vit before and after familiar.

There was an update in August that boosted the VIT:DEF ratio (it's now 2:3).

60 VIT = 90 DEF

And BlackbeardRandy has a 10% DEF penalty so you end up with ~81 DEF when you use Familiar.
By Xilk 2016-11-28 08:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

the numbers all line up now.
the extra 1 def was gained from decimals that were truncated at lower values.

and that adjustment makes me think alot more about vit on defensive gear. thank you for clarifying.
By cheg 2016-11-28 18:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ive been main bst for a while, thought i post something on the bst forum jajajaja, excuse my english it aint perfect ;)

musulm x99 stackable yes pls!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 176 177 178