Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 176 177 178
 Ragnarok.Figster
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: polorat12
By Ragnarok.Figster 2016-06-14 00:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, that gives me an idea of where to start. Got a good start so far, just need to finish it off I think and play with how much acc you need for bosses.
By johanne 2016-06-14 13:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This really is a fantastic thread. Best I've ever seen in over a decade of playing this game. Very well done.
By Smokenttp 2016-06-15 11:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know if unleash has some sort of innate skill chain bonus on it? i actually made an 5 step double light on gestalt and got that big light chain but i am unsure if gestalt has some sort of weakness to light skill chain or if unleash has some sort of skill chain bonus. what i used here was shiromochi as food, run wild ,spur , unleash (no familiar) and did swooping frenzy > smash axe > swooping frenzy > swooping frenzy > Penta peck, as for jp i got 1900 ish and have maxed run wild spur and unleash. i doubt any equipment i had was doing something about that strange damage and i do have an non ag 119 aymur on main hand but again i doubt it was the source of the sc damage. i tried to replicate it on an abyssdiver but the sc damage was way smaller so i am unsure what hapenned there.

Edit: did some testing and no skill chain bonus found.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Server: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-06-15 15:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about Unleash as I am new to BST but Hecteyes are dark-based so I assume that would make them weak to light. It makes sense, at least.
By kc090 2016-06-24 20:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi! First off I'd like to thank you for writing such an awesome guide. I've been using your gearswap for a while now and plugged in all my gear/etc, works wonderfully (although it took a bit to figure out some stuff).

However I was hoping you could help me with something I noticed today. While doing acuex I noticed that nukumi manoplas +1 weren't swapping in for Fireball. I tested and they were swapping in for tail blow/brain crush and as far as I can remember they do swap in for tegmina/sensilla/etc. Not sure if I accidentally changed anything or what was it, but it wasn't swapping Nukumi +1 for Fireball only. I do use your /console gs c Ready macros for TP moves and at no point did Patrick have over enough TP to guarantee WSing in MAB hands (I even made sure to disable hands and test out - damage output was indeed higher with Nukumi +1). I don't have an aymur and 200/180 TP kumbas if that's of any importance.

Thanks in advance and once more thank you for the great guide!
 Quetzalcoatl.Saylor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Camolle
By Quetzalcoatl.Saylor 2016-06-24 20:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Falk's logic only equips the Nukumi+1 hands for Physical ready moves:
Code
        if physical_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and state.OffenseMode.value ~= 'MaxAcc' then
            if tp_based_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and PetJob == 'Warrior' and pet_tp < 1900 then
                equip(sets.midcast.Pet.TPBonus)
            elseif tp_based_ready_moves:contains(spell.name) and PetJob ~= 'Warrior' and pet_tp < 2400 then
                equip(sets.midcast.Pet.TPBonus)
            end
        end

If you have a good MAB augment for hands they would beat Nukumi for magic ready moves. According to Falk's lua he has MAB+29 and Int+12 which is pretty nice..
[+]
By kc090 2016-06-24 20:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I have MAB+22 hands and they don't beat Nukumi +1 that's why I was wondering I guess. Guess more incentive to get better hands as soon as I can then!
 Sylph.Auria
Server: Sylph
user: niktok
By Sylph.Auria 2016-07-09 19:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if i'm missing something, i'm a little bit of a newbie when it comes to gearswap and lua, however, I copied Falkirk's lua file and tested out Bestial Loyalty and Call BEast cancellations.

When i added Wool grease to the call_beast_cancel list, it didn't prevent the jug from being consumed. I double checked everything and I resaved the lua, and did a gs reload, it still consumed it. I figured I'd restart FFXI altogether to check if it was some kind of glitch, and it did it again the 3rd time.

As far as I could see, I had the 'Wool Grease' in all the right places, so confused as to why equipping the jug and then using /ja "Call Beast" <me> didn't cancel out.

Any pointers?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-07-09 22:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Auria said: »
As far as I could see, I had the 'Wool Grease' in all the right places, so confused as to why equipping the jug and then using /ja "Call Beast" <me> didn't cancel out.

Any pointers?

The lua is designed with a Jug Mode, so you would need to add 'Wool Grease' (or 'DipperYuly') to the state.JugMode list, and be in that mode, in order for the Call Beast Cancel to function properly.

If you're not using the Jug Modes, and equipping jug pets manually (via macros/scripts/equipment menu) then it will bypass the Cancel check.
[+]
 Sylph.Auria
user: niktok
By Sylph.Auria 2016-07-10 11:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I figured it was something i was missing :)

edit:

I must be missing something else. I swapped into "Wool Grease" mode, and then used call beast, I was treated to a wonderful "Call Beast Canceled: [HQ Jug Pet] added to my chat.

Then, 2 seconds later, it says "Auria uses Call Beast"

Progress is good though! I'll continue to tinker.
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-07-16 18:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

question...do unleash give you PET 3000TP each time you use sic/rdy? Usage of Sic/Ready does not consume TP is the only thing i find. But not comsume TP do mean it give you 30000 TP. anyone test it before? trying to see if i do unleash maybe i shouldnt use my TP axe. thank you
 Fenrir.Cariboulou
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cariboulou 2016-07-16 20:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes every tp move from pet will have 3000 tp as long as unleash is active. Your current tp has no affect.
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-07-17 02:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cariboulu, thank you.
 Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2016-08-02 13:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a new Onslaught build ever made? I pretty much followed what you had Falkirk but I was thinking some of the Escha Ru'ann and Reisenjima gear might put out some higher #s along with those new Skadi Ambuscade hands.

Would love to see what your set is now.
By Nyarlko 2016-08-04 02:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Small headsup, but all our jugs gained a massive amount of def w/ the August update. :D

For example, Hurler Percival now has 1167def @ 119 (both pet and master unbuffed at the time, only equipped with a Mdomo Axe+1.)

Seems like the VIT:DEF ratio changing to 2VIT:3DEF buffed pets harder than players.. Looks like ~40% increase baseline defense for pets.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-13 02:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Been updating some miscellaneous sets for BST as a little side project to distract me from other jobs, and I became curious about enfeebling ready moves. Do we know if INT or MND affects the magic accuracy in the same way as they do for players, or is it some other formula? In that same vein, do we still have enfeebling abilities that justify use at higher levels of content? Last I remember, infrasonics from the lizard was butchered and that was the only one I used consistently.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-13 17:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies for the double post, but do we also know the WSC modifiers for pet ready moves? I only know those that correlate with BLU spells, such as DEX for Claw Cyclone and the like. The augments on Valorous made me curious about this, as we may actually want specific modifiers depending on the move rather than always STR. Sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't kept up with BST for quite some time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-13 17:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Apologies for the double post, but do we also know the WSC modifiers for pet ready moves? I only know those that correlate with BLU spells, such as DEX for Claw Cyclone and the like. The augments on Valorous made me curious about this, as we may actually want specific modifiers depending on the move rather than always STR. Sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't kept up with BST for quite some time.

There actually aren't any.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-13 17:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No kidding? Now that's extremely surprising and a little disappointing. Thanks for the quick reply, though. Guess it's STR and DEX all the way, then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-13 17:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
No kidding? Now that's extremely surprising and a little disappointing. Thanks for the quick reply, though. Guess it's STR and DEX all the way, then.

Yeah, I remember some time ago Falk and I were talking about it and we figured they didn't have them, then we actually did some tests and discovered that they do not, in fact, have WSC.
By Zoezooms 2016-08-14 12:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a little refactoring for read-ability and maintenance, as well as probably more efficient?
Noticed a few errors in there related to abbreviated jugs that weren'tt explicitly called... Something that hopefully this format helps with.

Anyways, replace this entire if-block
Code
if spell.english == 'Bestial Loyalty' or spell.english == 'Call Beast' then

end

With this
Code
	JugArray = {
		AcuexFamiliar='Poisonous Broth','Poisonous Broth'='Poisonous Broth',
		AgedAngus='Ferm. Broth','Fermented Broth'='Ferm. Broth','Ferm. Broth'='Ferm. Broth',
		AlluringHoney='Bug-Ridden Broth','Bug-Ridden Broth'='Bug-Ridden Broth',
		AmiableRoche='Airy Broth','Airy Broth'='Airy Broth',
		AmigoSabotender='Sun Water','Sun Water'='Sun Water',
		AnklebiterJedd='Crackling Broth','Crackling Broth'='Crackling Broth',
		AttentiveIbuki='Salubrious Broth','Salubrious Broth'='Salubrious Broth',
		AudaciousAnna='B. Carrion Broth','Bubbling Carrion Broth'='B. Carrion Broth','B. Carrion Broth'='B. Carrion Broth',
		BlackbeardRandy='Meaty Broth','Meaty Broth'='Meaty Broth',
		BloodclawShashra='Rzr. Brain Broth','Razor Brain Broth'='Rzr. Brain Broth','Rzr. Brain Broth'='Rzr. Brain Broth',
		BouncingBertha='Bubbly Broth','Bubbly Broth'='Bubbly Broth',
		BrainyWaluis='Crumbly Soil','Crumbly Soil'='Crumbly Soil',
		BraveHeroGlenn='Wispy Broth','Wispy Broth'='Wispy Broth',
		BugeyedBroncha='Svg. Mole Broth','Savage Mole Broth'='Svg. Mole Broth','Svg. Mole Broth'='Svg. Mole Broth',
		CaringKiyomaro='Fizzy Broth','Fizzy Broth'='Fizzy Broth',
		ChoralLeera='Glazed Broth','Glazed Broth'='Glazed Broth',
		ColibriFamiliar='Sugary Broth','Sugary Broth'='Sugary Broth',
		CourierCarrie='Fish Oil Broth','Fish Oil Broth'='Fish Oil Broth',
		CraftyClyvonne='Cng. Brain Broth','Cunning Brain Broth'='Cng. Brain Broth','Cng. Brain Broth'='Cng. Brain Broth',
		CrudeRaphie='Shadowy Broth','Shadowy Broth'='Shadowy Broth',
		CursedAnnabelle='Creepy Broth','Creepy Broth'='Creepy Broth',
		DapperMac='Briny Broth','Briny Broth'='Briny Broth',
		DipperYuly='Wool Grease','Wool Grease'='Wool Grease',
		DiscreetLouise='Deepbed Soil','Deepbed Soil'='Deepbed Soil',
		DroopyDortwin='Swirling Broth','Swirling Broth'='Swirling Broth',
		FaithfulFalcorr='Lucky Broth','Lucky Broth'='Lucky Broth',
		FatsoFargann='C. Plasma Broth','Curdled Plasma Broth'='C. Plasma Broth','C. Plasma Broth'='C. Plasma Broth',
		FleetReinhard='Rapid Broth','Rapid Broth'='Rapid Broth',
		FlowerpotMerle='Vermihumus','Vermihumus'='Vermihumus',
		FluffyBredo='Venomous Broth','Venomous Broth'='Venomous Broth',
		FunguarFamiliar='Seedbed Soil','Seedbed Soil'='Seedbed Soil',
		GenerousArthur='Dire Broth','Dire Broth'='Dire Broth',
		GooeyGerard='Cl. Wheat Broth','Cloudy Wheat Broth'='Cl. Wheat Broth','Cl. Wheat Broth'='Cl. Wheat Broth',
		GorefangHobs='B. Carrion Broth','Burning Carrion Broth'='B. Carrion Broth','B. Carrion Broth'='B. Carrion Broth',
		GussyHachirobe='Slimy Webbing','Slimy Webbing'='Slimy Webbing',
		HeadbreakerKen='Blackwater Broth','Blackwater Broth'='Blackwater Broth',
		HeraldHenry='Trans. Broth','Translucent Broth'='Trans. Broth','Trans. Broth'='Trans. Broth',
		HurlerPercival='Pale Sap','Pale Sap'='Pale Sap',
		Left-HandedYoko='Heavenly Broth','Heavenly Broth'='Heavenly Broth',
		LuckyLulush='L. Carrot Broth','Lucky Carrot Broth'='L. Carrot Broth','L. Carrot Broth'='L. Carrot Broth',
		MailbusterCetas='Gob. Bug Broth','Goblin Bug Broth'='Gob. Bug Broth','Gob. Bug Broth'='Gob. Bug Broth',
		MosquitoFamiliar='Wetlands Broth','Wetlands Broth'='Wetlands Broth',
		NurseryNazuna='D. Herbal Broth','Dancing Herbal Broth'='D. Herbal Broth','D. Herbal Broth'='D. Herbal Broth',
		PonderingPeter='Vis. Broth','Viscous Broth'='Vis. Broth','Vis. Broth'='Vis. Broth',
		PrestoJulio='C. Grass Broth','Chirping Grasshopper Broth'='C. Grass Broth','C. Grass Broth'='C. Grass Broth',
		RedolentCandi='Electrified Broth','Electrified Broth'='Electrified Broth',
		RhymingShizuna='Lyrical Broth','Lyrical Broth'='Lyrical Broth',
		ScissorlegXerin='Spicy Broth','Spicy Broth'='Spicy Broth',
		SharpwitHermes='Saline Broth','Saline Broth'='Saline Broth',
		SlipperySilas='Wormy Broth','Wormy Broth'='Wormy Broth',
		SpiderFamiliar='Sticky Webbing','Sticky Webbing'='Sticky Webbing',
		SubmergedIyo='Deepwater Broth','Deepwater Broth'='Deepwater Broth',
		SunburstMalfik='Shimmering Broth','Shimmering Broth'='Shimmering Broth',
		SurgingStorm='Insipid Broth','Insipid Broth'='Insipid Broth',
		SuspiciousAlice='Furious Broth','Furious Broth'='Furious Broth',
		SwiftSieghard='Mlw. Bird Broth','Mellow Bird Broth'='Mlw. Bird Broth','Mlw. Bird Broth'='Mlw. Bird Broth',
		SwoopingZhivago='Windy Greens','Windy Greens'='Windy Greens',
		ThreestarLynn='Muddy Broth','Muddy Broth'='Muddy Broth',
		TurbidToloi='Auroral Broth','Auroral Broth'='Auroral Broth',
		VivaciousVickie='Tant. Broth','Tantalizing Broth'='Tant. Broth','Tant. Broth'='Tant. Broth',
		WarlikePatrick='Livid Broth','Livid Broth'='Livid Broth'
		}

if spell.english == 'Bestial Loyalty' or spell.english == 'Call Beast' then
        JugInfo = ''
		JugInfo = JugArray.[state.JugMode.Value]
        if spell.english == "Call Beast" and call_beast_cancel:contains(JugInfo) then
            add_to_chat(123, spell.name..' Canceled: [HQ Jug Pet]')
            return
        end
        equip({ammo=JugInfo})
    end

Eventually I'd prolly move the table to another file or something, but... there you go.

*Note, I just did this, and have not yet tested it, please let me know if there's any issues.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-14 17:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i know i asked this before several months back when i was mostly afk from game, but the hell if i remember where i asked... So what are the pets bst use for CP parties?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2016-08-14 18:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

warlike patrick for fusion. Use tail whip to brain crush
By tyalangan 2016-08-17 11:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I do not want to get 6 different skirmish axes for all my sets I would like to just make one -DT set for my pets. Ignoring -DT geared slots (since that is a given) should I focus on Pet defense or pet magic evasion, or mix both?

With the new VIT/DEF boost I am not sure if mag eva would be better or if more DEF would be even better because of the update.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-08-18 11:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoezooms said: »
code
/code

Thanks, looks very clean. :)

tyalangan said: »
Ignoring -DT geared slots (since that is a given) should I focus on Pet defense or pet magic evasion, or mix both?

I'd recommend Pet:Magic Evasion for the occasional resists on nasty status effects like petrify and amnesia. The defense boost from the update was pretty significant so it's probably better to focus on covering our weak spots.

Updated the base DEF values on the front page to reflect the August 2016 version update.

Jug PetOld DEFNew DEF
Droopy Dortwin742929
Pondering Peter8321040
Sunburst Malfik8991120
Aged Angus9831224
Warlike Patrick605753
Scissorleg Xerin683855
Bouncing Bertha758948
Rhyming Shizuna9831229
Attentive Ibuki682849
Swooping Zhivago756941
Amiable Roche683855
Herald Henry9831224
Brainy Waluis758948
Suspicious Alice771948
Headbreaker Ken758948
Redolent Candi9061128
Alluring Honey9801220
Caring Kiyomaro605779
Vivacious Vickie682877
Anklebiter Jedd728911
Hurler Percival8231029
Blackbeard Randy683855
Fleet Reinhard693849
Colibri Familiar737915
Choral Leera737915
Spider Familiar615753
Gussy Hachirobe693849
Cursed Annabelle9991229
Surging Storm743933
Submerged Iyo743933
Threestar Lynn652807
Generous Arthur9861241
Brave Hero Glenn531661
Sharpwit Hermes745940
Acuex Familiar748949
Fluffy Bredo748949
Mosquito Familiar734907
Left-Handed Yoko734907
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-08-18 11:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap Falk. I didn't realize how much the VIT change affected DEF. :O
 Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2016-08-21 01:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »
Was a new Onslaught build ever made? I pretty much followed what you had Falkirk but I was thinking some of the Escha Ru'ann and Reisenjima gear might put out some higher #s along with those new Skadi Ambuscade hands.

Would love to see what your set is now.

Anyone?
By Jadey 2016-08-25 17:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming I use a COR mule and GEO mule 100% for rolls/bubbles and idling (plus random use of magic for necessary bosses) and Trusts, are all the Delve zones now doable for a decently-geared BST? I've seen Beaztmaster's solos but I'd like more info on the random issues that come up during the attempts. I'm looking for a way to blast through Plasm requirements.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-02 11:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy said:
Just updated all the reward equipment on BG (It stopped around the time where Toetemic was the latest and greatest). Following up on other BST related stuff.

What is the deal with Pet Poultice? The guide says it is a 6 a tic regen, but other sources are saying it is a 1% max HP regen so potentially a 35-65/tic regen for 5 minutes.

I don't have BST so I can't test anything out. How much does it really give? Does it not overwrite a previous regen from either itself or another pet food? Does the same work in the inverse if a reward food is used after it (does it replace the reward effect from poultice)?

I could see it being very useful if these were the case.

Also, Pet Roborant, does anyone have more information on this? It allegedly doesn't remove petrify (I would assume amnesia too?) but does for debuffs removable with erase. Is there a limit to the number it removes?
The AF1/2 bodies only remove 3 ailments so if one got hit with the massive all stats down from Golden Kist, would this remove all of that? Bad Breath test? What else does it not remove too? Doom? Curse? Zombie?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-09-02 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy said:
Just updated all the reward equipment on BG (It stopped around the time where Toetemic was the latest and greatest). Following up on other BST related stuff.

Looks good, thanks for doing that. :)

Spicy said:
What is the deal with Pet Poultice? The guide says it is a 6 a tic regen, but other sources are saying it is a 1% max HP regen so potentially a 35-65/tic regen for 5 minutes.

I don't have BST so I can't test anything out. How much does it really give? Does it not overwrite a previous regen from either itself or another pet food? Does the same work in the inverse if a reward food is used after it (does it replace the reward effect from poultice)?

If you're looking at the old wiki article for Pet Poultice, someone eyeballed the regen effect back in 2010, and estimated it was 1% HP/tic. But we did testing in PvP to confirm all of the listed Regen amounts for Biscuits/Poultice - so it's actually just 6 HP/tic.

Poultice's regen will overwrite a weak Regen from Pet Food Alpha/Beta/Gamma, but if you use Poultice after applying Regen from Delta through Theta Biscuits, you'll receive a "No effect" message.

So basically, whichever Regen yields the highest HP/tic will prevail.

Using Poultice -> Poultice will overwrite itself, just like using Biscuit -> Biscuit to keep the Regen timer ticking.

Spicy said:
Also, Pet Roborant, does anyone have more information on this? It allegedly doesn't remove petrify (I would assume amnesia too?) but does for debuffs removable with erase. Is there a limit to the number it removes?

It can remove pretty much anything Erase can (so Dia, Bio, Gravity, Slow, Elegy, Requiem, Helix Spells, Elemental Debuffs, Attribute or Status Down effects), and in a similar fashion, erases only one status debuff at a time (unlike using Jackcoats+Biscuits, which removes all 6 simultaneously).

In addition, Roborant also removes Paralysis, Blind, Poison, Curse, Silence, and Disease (so a large number of ailments that have -na spells associated with them). BUT... notably does not remove petrification. :(

It's probably worth mentioning that AF/Relic bodies will only remove their respective debuffs (Paralysis, Poison, Blind, Silence, Weight, Slow) when you're using Biscuits.

Spicy said:
The AF1/2 bodies only remove 3 ailments so if one got hit with the massive all stats down from Golden Kist, would this remove all of that? Bad Breath test? What else does it not remove too? Doom? Curse? Zombie?

You're right that the STR-, DEX- etc from Pandora's Curse would be removed with Roborant usage (one at a time).

It removes Curse, yes. But sadly, it definitely does not remove Doom or Zombie.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 176 177 178