Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 176 177 178
By Verda 2016-10-19 10:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks :D
[+]
By Azureth 2016-10-30 03:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did bst get nerfed? im doing terrible dmg all of a sudden. Has anyone experienced lower numbers? I was doing like 7k tegmina buffets in salvage out of no where. Before i was doing 22k.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-10-30 08:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Azureth said: »
Did bst get nerfed?

Not yet!

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-30 12:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Azureth said: »
Did bst get nerfed? im doing terrible dmg all of a sudden. Has anyone experienced lower numbers? I was doing like 7k tegmina buffets in salvage out of no where. Before i was doing 22k.

One of two things has likely happened. Either your GS is screwed up or you're getting lag spikes, causing your GS to screw up. Your ready moves are probably going off in your recast/idle gear rather than your potency set. Every time I see something like that happen, it's the result of gear not swapping properly for some reason.
By Azureth 2016-10-30 15:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea something is definately wrong. I would have to be completely nude with charmers merlin to be pullin off 5-7k tegmina buffets on salvage gears lol. Ill upload falkirks lua. I think the one i been using is real old anyway. Thanks alot! ^.^
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-31 07:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So I spent some time playing with numbers yesterday, and I am starting to think that Tri-edge is one of the better Aeonics. Something no job has with their Aeonic(except BRD) is Fencer. Beastmaster just so happens to have an absurd amount of TP Bonus before you even get to Tri-edge. 640 between job traits and gifts, 250 from Moonshade and another 500 from Tri-edge.

Warrior has shown me how absurd Fencer is when you can abuse it, and Beastmaster can abuse it far better with their Aeonic. I mean, that's basically what we have already been doing with Aymur and other tp bonus gear, this is just the same thing but for the master.

Beazt or Falk, when I get online tonight I'd like to try some things. If it works well perhaps we could give some high teir stuff a shot.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-10-31 09:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Tri-edge is the bee's knees. I don't have it yet, but with my ag Farsha I'm pumping out 22k Calamitys @effective 3k tp (fencer, tp-bonus, etc). With Tri-edge you'd be able to pump out the same, if not greater numbers with less tp. This is why I have petitioned all bst's to risk getting banned on the OF to request a shield with the Charmer's Merlin's attributes (and a little bit more) sans the sic/ready ability deal. If we can max out master damage and optimize our -dt sets we should be able to melee with our pets.

But, have you looked at Farsha? I have been experimenting with crit hit rate / damage and I'm seeing some ridiculous numbers proc'ing @3k aftermath. I don't have any numbers to post because I'm just responding. I'll try and grab some screenshots for you.

I'm still working at optimizing my gear so I have a ways to go, but once I hit those perfect augments (or close enough) I'll let you know where Calamity caps out. Siviard knows what I'm talking about. :-D
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-31 12:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tri-edge should favor Mistral Axe over Calamity. Mistral has better tp scaling and better skillchain attributes. Calamity does have a 50%VIT mod though, so maybe inside escha where you have obscene boosts to base states it might be preferable? I dunno, haven't done the math for Calamity.

In regards to Farsha, I dunno. It's for sure better than Guttler and Aymur without AM3 up, but I suspect under Aymur with AM3 and Tri-edge, assuming you are not factoring in for possible pet damage. If pet damage is relevant, Aymur with AM3 is king, if it isn't then Tri-edge ought to be on top. I actually would like to make one in our next round of Aeonics and play BST with a master focus. It's so unusual but I think it has a lot of potential.

Falk, or anyone that knows. Does the AF3 killer bonus stack with Killer Instinct? Also, do killer effects merits improve the bonus from the AF3 body or does it only affect intimidation rate?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-10-31 13:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Falk, or anyone that knows. Does the AF3 killer bonus stack with Killer Instinct? Also, do killer effects merits improve the bonus from the AF3 body or does it only affect intimidation rate?

Compendium said:
Ferine Gausape +2/Nukumi Gausape/Nukumi Gausape +1 will increase your damage dealt and reduce damage that you take when
fighting monsters in these ecosystems. This body piece applies half of your Killer Effect % to these ends, so you
can boost your damage further by using Killer Instinct with an appropriate pet and 5/5 Killer Effect merits:

Job Ability/
Trait
Killer Effect%Ferine/Nukumi Gausape
Damage Bonus
Killer Effect Merits5%2.5%
Killer Trait10%5%
Killer Instinct15%7.5%

This totals to 15% bonus damage, which stacks multiplicatively with Killer Instinct's +15%.

Yessir.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-31 18:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
This totals to 15% bonus damage, which stacks multiplicatively with Killer Instinct's +15%.

Yessir.[/quote]

What about food items that grant +killer effects? Walnut cookies give +10 to bat killer, which would basically be another +5% damage if that works, yes?
By Calinari 2016-10-31 18:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I originally asked, but deleted it...

I combed the main page, didn't see what I was looking for.

Full DD set for the master. Assuming trusts etc. 1000ish acc.(nq abjs) Or, link to an updated spreadsheet would work too. Apprciate it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-10-31 18:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
What about food items that grant +killer effects? Walnut cookies give +10 to bat killer, which would basically be another +5% damage if that works, yes?

Right.

[+]
By Thandor 2016-11-01 00:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »

Full DD set for the master. Assuming trusts etc. 1000ish acc.(nq abjs) Or, link to an updated spreadsheet would work too. Apprciate it.

There are several tp sets at various accuracy levels and sets for every weaponskill.

If that's not what you're looking for then I have no idea what a "DD set" is.
By Calinari 2016-11-01 00:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thandor said: »

There are several tp sets at various accuracy levels and sets for every weaponskill.

If that's not what you're looking for then I have no idea what a "DD set" is.

Considering the ones in the main page still use Acro/Taeon, it's not updated. So yeah. Im not certain what the mix of Argosy/Emicho/Valorous would be, but I'm 100% sure a DD set no longer uses any* Acro or taeon.

Maybe Taeon feet for the DW...

It might be something like this, I know it could be better (that's why I'm asking).
sets["Bst DD"] = {
main="Guttler",
sub="Digirbalag", Or a 115 w/ OAT, or Purgation (maybe)? not blurred
ammo="Hasty Pinion +1",
head="Argosy Celata", A
neck="Ainia Collar",
ear1="Suppanomimi",
ear2="Brutal Earring",
body="Argosy Hauberk", D
hands="Emicho Gauntlets", D
ring1="Epona's Ring",
ring2="Petrov Ring",
back="Artio's Mantle", DA
waist="Patentia Sash",
legs="Argosy Breeches", D
feet="Argosy Sollerets" D
}
By Thandor 2016-11-01 01:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't noticed those sets were out of date even though I refer to this guide all the time.

I bet you can guess why that is. They're not relevant.

Let's say you're in the optimal master tp set for what you want to fight, including hq abjurations and the best possible augments, etc. You have Aymur in your main hand. What's in your other hand? It's either charmer's merlin and you're gimping your damage by using a level 89 axe or it's not charmers merlin and you're gimping it even more by losing at least 33% of your ready damage.

And you're not just doing 2/3 as many ready moves by not switching axes, they're also doing much less damage.
By Calinari 2016-11-01 02:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, see this is why I hate this site, it's not up for debate whether it's useful or not.

Either answer my question or don't, opinions are -not- required.
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2016-11-01 05:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

LPT: When asking for help, it is best not to be an *** about it.
[+]
By Calinari 2016-11-01 05:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when dealing with opinionated tards who don't understand how to answer a simple question without starting a debate. Yes being an *** is the only way to get through to you people.

I ask one *** question. All I want is one *** answer. Not your opinion. Not your friends opinion. Not a criticism. Not a protip. Not a question in response to my question.

It's extremely black and white. ATDQ. (answer the damn question) and nothing more. Period.

So, in that vein, do not reply to me again unless you have a full DD set, or a link to the new spreadsheet. Thank you.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-11-01 08:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugg.. I quoted the wrong text.

I soured on mistral axe when I first used it. I'll give it another go. But Farsha's ODD with AM3, da/ta/qa, crit hit rate/damage, just ogling it, seems to beat my Aymur hands down. Seeing 6k from just one melee round is sickening. I'll have to put some numbers together, but the optics look like Farsha wins with pure white damage, and calamity is just icing.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-11-01 08:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when dealing with opinionated tards who don't understand how to answer a simple question without starting a debate. Yes being an *** is the only way to get through to you people.

I ask one *** question. All I want is one *** answer. Not your opinion. Not your friends opinion. Not a criticism. Not a protip. Not a question in response to my question.

It's extremely black and white. ATDQ. (answer the damn question) and nothing more. Period.

So, in that vein, do not reply to me again unless you have a full DD set, or a link to the new spreadsheet. Thank you.

And now you won't get an answer, only arguments.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-01 09:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
LPT: When asking for help, it is best not to be an *** about it.
Shiva.Malthar said: »
And now you won't get an answer, only arguments.

...well, these two have a point.

If you ask a question in a gaming community, you're unlikly to get a straight answer. Most gamers who come into the guides are either number crunchers and min-maxers looking to get ideas and share their own or those who want advice or opinions.

You know that Gene Wilder image macro? The "you must be new here" one? That applies here.
[+]
By Calinari 2016-11-01 13:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
If you ask a question in a gaming community, you're unlikly to get a straight answer. Most gamers who come into the guides are either number crunchers and min-maxers looking to get ideas and share their own or those who want advice or opinions.

You know that Gene Wilder image macro? The "you must be new here" one? That applies here.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. An intelligent person to give me numbers. not his opinion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-01 13:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Ugg.. I quoted the wrong text.

I soured on mistral axe when I first used it. I'll give it another go. But Farsha's ODD with AM3, da/ta/qa, crit hit rate/damage, just ogling it, seems to beat my Aymur hands down. Seeing 6k from just one melee round is sickening. I'll have to put some numbers together, but the optics look like Farsha wins with pure white damage, and calamity is just icing.

If you were for some reason using the same weaponskill over and over, that's probably true. That said, Aymur with AM3 and Tri-edge STRONGLY favor performing skillchains; unlike lots of other weapons they does not have to use any shitty WS to perform high level chains. Aymur presents a pretty fantastic increase to Primal Rend, Ruinator and Decimation, whereas Tri-Edge substantially boosts Mistral Axe, Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter.

Beastmaster can inflict MDB-, and it's a pretty substantial -25. This makes Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter pretty fantastic WS even without lots of other buffs(against the majority of targets). They also can't miss which makes skillchains VERY reliable(It's almost impossible to *** up with Aymur AM3 unless you're outside the low acc check%).

Farsha is quite different, I suspect. Cloudsplitter isn't particularly good for opening a chain with. Primal Rend isn't really that good for it either, but the benefit is that AM3 on Aymur makes everything else you do afterwards better and you get there faster. Farsha also doesn't help your TP gain at all, and because of dumb mods it adds 17.5 base damage to Decimation, Mistral Axe and Calamity. Ruinator(max merits) is better as it gets an extra 29.75 base damage. Cloudsplitter gets an additional 28 base damage for it's mod. Primal Rend gets nothing except the extra M.DMG.

I'm not sure how high you could reasonably go with Farsha performing skillchains, but the boost likely isn't anywhere near what Aymur and Tri-edge get considering how strongly they favor WSD and skillchains. The sort of nice thing here is that Farsha isn't hurt nearly as bad as Aymur or Tri-edge by Blitzer's roll. Btw, when you are trying to maximize Fencer you either need a merited Haste Samba or Blitzer's Roll to really make it jive. Otherwise your delay is going to be ***. That aside, I really have no idea what you can reasonably do with Farsha and AM3 in white damage.

Anyway, on to my ideas about Tri-Edge. While Farsha and Aymur need AM3 before they roll out, Tri-edge doesn't. In(slightly more or less) the time it takes Farsha or Aymur to get AM3 up, Tri-edge has already done a 4step skillchain with a level 4 skillchain closer. The pet using a WS doesn't help that much for Farsha or Aymur because they have no choice but to actually get to 3k TP to start their aftermath. Tri-edge doesn't give a damn. You can open a fight with a pet WS before the master has even hit the mob yet and still be fine. Hell, if you have Aymur you could start with it on for the pet tp bonus then just change to Tri-Edge. Swooping Frenzy > Ruinator > Primal Rend > Cloudsplitter is a very simple chain you can do immediately with Tri-Edge.

Swooping Frenzy inflicts -25MDB and -25% DEF, making everything else you do better, notably Primal Rend, Cloudsplitter and the damage of skillchains. Ruinator puts up AM, which gives a small boost in SC damage itself but more importantly gives us that level 4 skillchain. At just Primal Rend we get a skillchain that will do 150% of the damage of Primal PLUS(or perhaps minus) our variables. When Cloudsplitter hits you'll get an Umbra that will do 350% of the damage of Cloudsplitter plus or minus variables.

It's incredibly potent. With the right buffs you might well completely kill a target before Farsha or Aymur ever even gets their AM up. In situations where Farsha or Aymur can get their AM up at the start of the fight the weapons are much more even.

It's worth noting that in these situations I have BST as the single DD. Farsha would be dramatically better in a situation where you have dumbasses who can't figure out how to do skillchains(most BSTs, honestly). Aymur shits all over everything else if master damage isn't viable, obviously(low buffs, dangerous, ect).

As per usual I think everything is situational, but I think that Tri-Edge has the highest potential in the situation where it's use is ideal. The important thing to note is that I am not sure how often that situation will arise, so the weapon might not really be all that valuable for anyone who isn't ever in that situation. Also, everything I am doing is essentially based on my napkin math. Usually I am in the ballpark when I do this, but anyone who can put out solid numbers that account for everything might well prove me totally wrong. As I said, I really don't know what kind of damage Farsha can do with AM3 up. That's a pretty important metric.
[+]
By Thandor 2016-11-01 17:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Good bye, Princess.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-01 18:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to ignore everything you posted after this point, because it's all pretty unnecessary.

That said, armor sets are going to vary quite a bit based on what you are trying to do. I made this set up as a very vague idea of a very general TP set with just very balanced stats, but it is well over your accuracy requirement. BST/DNC, solo with trusts. Subjob haste samba.

Ginsen
Skormoth Mask
Valorous Mail(DA or STP, acc/atk, str or dex)
Argosy Mufflers(D)
Taeon Pants(TA2/Acc/DEX)
Valorous Greaves(DA or STP, acc/atk, str or dex)
Lissome Neck
Cessance Earring
Suppanomimi or Brutal
Petrov
Eponas
Reiki Yotai or Kentarch+1
Artio's (STR/Acc/Atk/DoubleA)

This set will cap haste in just your armor slots so you aren't wasting an accessory slot on haste. You only need 9DW to cap your delay with capped magic/gear haste and SJ Haste Samba. If you are /NIN and have SJ haste samba from another source you don't need any DW at all. If you are only using Supa you'd need another 4DW to cap technically, but you are losing so much for an incredibly minor reduction to delay(around 1/10-1/12th a second).

The only pieces in there you can't get solo would be Valorous Mail and Reiki Yotai, but I don't know your situation. If you REALLY don't like augments or can't get Valorous, Emicho or Argosy Body(when m.eva isn't a concern) are acceptable. Other accessories are also good when you need them. I use the high stp neck and earring in some of my sets personally when I need what they offer and the loss of accuracy doesn't hurt me.
By Calinari 2016-11-01 21:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

See that's a lot better. No opinions, just a set. Excellent.

Numbers would be nice though;

To find out if it's better to /nin w/ dnc trust and change gearset, or /dnc with different trusts etc.

Maximizing dps.

Just looking for the maximum set tbh. Defense, mdef, non-issue.

Or like seriously just hook me up with the updated spreadsheet and let me do it myself.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-02 05:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Or like seriously just hook me up with the updated spreadsheet and let me do it myself.

The reason no one is posting one is because there isn't one. Beastmaster melee damage isn't at all apart of pretty much any end game Beastmaster's play style. There just isn't any reason for the people who would make the spreadsheet to make it. I have no interest in one because their scope is too limited to be useful for my purposes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 176 177 178