Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-02 17:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Spicy said:
Just updated all the reward equipment on BG (It stopped around the time where Toetemic was the latest and greatest). Following up on other BST related stuff.

Looks good, thanks for doing that. :)

Spicy said:
What is the deal with Pet Poultice? The guide says it is a 6 a tic regen, but other sources are saying it is a 1% max HP regen so potentially a 35-65/tic regen for 5 minutes.

I don't have BST so I can't test anything out. How much does it really give? Does it not overwrite a previous regen from either itself or another pet food? Does the same work in the inverse if a reward food is used after it (does it replace the reward effect from poultice)?

If you're looking at the old wiki article for Pet Poultice, someone eyeballed the regen effect back in 2010, and estimated it was 1% HP/tic. But we did testing in PvP to confirm all of the listed Regen amounts for Biscuits/Poultice - so it's actually just 6 HP/tic.

Poultice's regen will overwrite a weak Regen from Pet Food Alpha/Beta/Gamma, but if you use Poultice after applying Regen from Delta through Theta Biscuits, you'll receive a "No effect" message.

So basically, whichever Regen yields the highest HP/tic will prevail.

Using Poultice -> Poultice will overwrite itself, just like using Biscuit -> Biscuit to keep the Regen timer ticking.

Spicy said:
Also, Pet Roborant, does anyone have more information on this? It allegedly doesn't remove petrify (I would assume amnesia too?) but does for debuffs removable with erase. Is there a limit to the number it removes?

It can remove pretty much anything Erase can (so Dia, Bio, Gravity, Slow, Elegy, Requiem, Helix Spells, Elemental Debuffs, Attribute or Status Down effects), and in a similar fashion, erases only one status debuff at a time (unlike using Jackcoats+Biscuits, which removes all 6 simultaneously).

In addition, Roborant also removes Paralysis, Blind, Poison, Curse, Silence, and Disease (so a large number of ailments that have -na spells associated with them). BUT... notably does not remove petrification. :(

It's probably worth mentioning that AF/Relic bodies will only remove their respective debuffs (Paralysis, Poison, Blind, Silence, Weight, Slow) when you're using Biscuits.

Spicy said:
The AF1/2 bodies only remove 3 ailments so if one got hit with the massive all stats down from Golden Kist, would this remove all of that? Bad Breath test? What else does it not remove too? Doom? Curse? Zombie?

You're right that the STR-, DEX- etc from Pandora's Curse would be removed with Roborant usage (one at a time).

It removes Curse, yes. But sadly, it definitely does not remove Doom or Zombie.

Spicy said:
NP, it's what I do. Piss Grumpy off by posting, and do the wiki.

Awesome, ty, I will get around to updating the pet foods and those items on BG. Someone never cared and just said "Regen", lol.

So I take it that a Roborant does not remove the extra debuffs when used with the Jackcoat based on how you worded that.

I feel the Poultice and Roborant could really use an update as they are stuck in a 75 era. Someone get a JP poster on it, the devs respond to them!
[+]
By Pikagreg 2016-09-03 10:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Where can I find the pet distance addon found in the more recent Beaztmaster videos?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-09-03 12:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jadey said: »
Assuming I use a COR mule and GEO mule 100% for rolls/bubbles and idling (plus random use of magic for necessary bosses) and Trusts, are all the Delve zones now doable for a decently-geared BST? I've seen Beaztmaster's solos but I'd like more info on the random issues that come up during the attempts. I'm looking for a way to blast through Plasm requirements.

Yup, you'll be fine if you bring those jobs with you. In any case, the most straightforward zones to solo as BST without beads are Morimar and Yorcia. With a GEO and COR, you may be able to get plasm at a higher rate over time by doing Yorcia. Otherwise, Morimar is the simplest between the two. I prefer doing Morimar when I'm by myself.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Sammeh 2016-09-03 15:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pikagreg said: »
Where can I find the pet distance addon found in the more recent Beaztmaster videos?

I wrote it based on Distance add-on. I call it 'DistancePlus'. I'd say it's 80% done. Works for most of my personal situations, but I'd like to think it could be done a lot better.

Anyhow - it does a lot of things normal distance doesn't:
1) It has a height module for telling height differential, if it's red - you're not in a height bonus, green you are. (-7.5 or +8.5).
2) It distance correlates and color codes for ranged attacks. White (can't shoot), Yellow can shoot but no bonus, Green = Distance bonus, Blue = best bonus. Correlates for gun, bow, xbow.
3) If you have a pet out - it automatically puts up an additional box telling you how far away you are from your pet. And (for BST anyway) will color change when y ou're inside of range to do a ready move, reward, etc.
4) Magic distance for casting range between you and target.

Best thing about it - is it off-sets based on model Size. Ever notice how the rule of thumb for casting is "21". Well sometimes its a little longer etc? It's all static and based off your model size (taru = 0.3, hume/mithra/Elvaan are 0.4, and Galka's are 0.8). As well it's based on target model size (Which SE made fairly consistent in smalelr models, but go all over the place as model sizes start getting bigger).

Anyhow:
Commands:
//dp height (shows height box)
//dp {Gun|Bow|XBow} (error checks for gun/bow/xbow)
//dp Magic (based primarily on the 21 yalm one - I really want to get off my rear and do a Ninjutsu one)
//dp ja (Shows a list of your JA's and whether you're close enough to do them.). There's a map/resource file that's not nearly updated and where I'm probably the laziest on. The built-in resources file is not correct and I'm too lazy to do the GIT work to pull/merge etc.

Hope it serves you well.

Install Instructions:
1) Download and extract to your 'addons' folder.
2) I disable "distance" then put in your init.txt (lua load DistancePlus). Lazily it will error on first sign-in because its trying to detect your job, I'm too lazy to update it to wait until sign in. On Job change it updates and can always //lua r distanceplus if you want to.

Download from OneDrive here...

-Sam
By Pikagreg 2016-09-03 15:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! I saw this the other day and thought it was sexy~
By Sammeh 2016-09-03 16:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm open to feedback for sure. Let me know how you enjoy it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-09-03 19:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
Jadey said: »
Assuming I use a COR mule and GEO mule 100% for rolls/bubbles and idling (plus random use of magic for necessary bosses) and Trusts, are all the Delve zones now doable for a decently-geared BST? I've seen Beaztmaster's solos but I'd like more info on the random issues that come up during the attempts. I'm looking for a way to blast through Plasm requirements.

Yup, you'll be fine if you bring those jobs with you. In any case, the most straightforward zones to solo as BST without beads are Morimar and Yorcia. With a GEO and COR, you may be able to get plasm at a higher rate over time by doing Yorcia. Otherwise, Morimar is the simplest between the two. I prefer doing Morimar when I'm by myself.

You can also consider doing Foret de Hennetiel Delve if you think Tojil is a poophead. Dakuwaqa is more straightforward if you just stay out of the way (or point blank) when you see C. Verve. Some find it easier keeping a pet topped off for Tidal Guillotine, than keeping a pet topped off while it's inflicted with weakness from Incinerating Lahar.

By mrlooolz 2016-09-14 09:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. I am a returning player from 2005. Loving the direction the game went in. I have been following this guide religiously. How ever I am being out performed by other beasts. They do more damage when I parse. I think its mainly because I dont get to tp with the merlin weapon switch. It is either that or the Ambuscade Meghanada is better than the Depair set with pat c ? Or maybe its my lua. I am really trying to narrow this down and wanted somebody to have a look at my edited Beastmaster Lua.

Here is a link to my lua. Guapa Luahaving the

My questions after checking and part would be. while i wait for ready is it worth normal hit gear while meeling between mobs?

It seems like I figured it out. Something to do with subbing merlin in as main. Changed it to sub and it seems better.

Now i am onto a new objective. I was wondering if there is a way to extract the unleash code from Fal'q and put into the simple beastmasters Lua. I am not geared enough to make full use of Falkirks but adding an unleash code to the simple lua would be great!

I ended up going through the whole lua and now I am using it. great stuff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-09-26 22:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Reward: For Pet Food Theta, the contribution from MND caps at 345.

From the BGwiki Pet Food page:
Base = floor((MND-Start MND)×Rate÷256) + Const
Total = floor(Base×Potency)

Reward Potency from gear and job points stacks additively, so:
Reward Potency from gear = 50%
Reward Potency Job Points = 20%
Total Potency = 70%

Base = floor((345-220)×512÷256) + 2160 = 2410
Total = floor(2410×1.7) = 4097
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-28 16:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you get artio's mantle (ambuscade) with pet atk+20, pet acc+30 as listed in the physical ready set on OP?

From what i see on augment page, you only have Abdhaljs thread which gives either pet acc or atk +20, and Abdhaljs Dye which give either pet acc or atk +10. Which should leave one or the other at 30, or a mixture.

eit: never mind, the threads augments have both atk and acc combined.
By Zyx1337 2016-09-30 05:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I was curious if it's worthing building a guttler to AG? If any tests have been done^^?
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-09-30 05:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
how do you get artio's mantle (ambuscade) with pet atk+20, pet acc+30 as listed in the physical ready set on OP?

From what i see on augment page, you only have Abdhaljs thread which gives either pet acc or atk +20, and Abdhaljs Dye which give either pet acc or atk +10. Which should leave one or the other at 30, or a mixture.

eit: never mind, the threads augments have both atk and acc combined.

Thread will give you +1 Att/Acc for your pet. The Dye will give you +1 Att 'OR' Acc. So to answer your question there is no 'OR' statement for the thread.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-09-30 20:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet Command Distances:

Using Sammeh's ModelSize and DistancePlus luas, compiled this list of Pet JA distances for all the iLvl jugs.
This is how close you need to be to your pet in order to use Ready, Reward, Spur, and Run Wild.

Player Model Sizes:
Tarutaru = 0.3
Hume/Mithra/Elvaan = 0.4
Galka = 0.8

Jug PetModel SizeTarutaru DistanceH/M/E DistanceGalka Distance
Scissorleg Xerin0.85.095.195.59
Bouncing Bertha0.85.095.195.59
Surging Storm0.85.095.195.59
Submerged Iyo0.85.095.195.59
Brave Hero Glenn0.85.095.195.59
Sharpwit Hermes0.85.095.195.59
Acuex Familiar0.85.095.195.59
Fluffy Bredo0.85.095.195.59
Threestar Lynn1.05.295.395.79
Mosquito Familiar1.05.295.395.79
Left-Handed Yoko1.05.295.395.79
Attentive Ibuki1.25.495.595.99
Swooping Zhivago1.25.495.595.99
Suspicious Alice1.25.495.595.99
Caring Kiyomaro1.25.495.595.99
Vivacious Vickie1.25.495.595.99
Anklebiter Jedd1.25.495.595.99
Colibri Familiar1.25.495.595.99
Choral Leera1.25.495.595.99
Cursed Annabelle1.25.495.595.99
Droopy Dortwin1.25.595.696.09
Pondering Peter1.25.595.696.09
Hurler Percival1.25.595.696.09
Sunburst Malfik1.35.695.796.19
Aged Angus1.35.695.796.19
Spider Familiar1.35.695.796.19
Gussy Hachirobe1.35.695.796.19
Brainy Waluis1.55.795.896.29
Redolent Candi1.55.795.896.29
Alluring Honey1.55.795.896.29
Headbreaker Ken1.55.795.896.29
Warlike Patrick1.65.895.996.39
Herald Henry1.76.096.196.59
Generous Arthur1.76.096.196.59
Fleet Reinhard1.86.196.296.69
Rhyming Shizuna2.46.696.797.19
Blackbeard Randy2.56.896.997.39
Amiable Roche2.77.097.197.59
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-10-15 00:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't tegmina buffet a multi-hit move? Try it on a ninja mob and you'll see it removes 2 shadows, every time. The guide has it under single hit move.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-10-15 00:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyx1337 said: »
Hello, I was curious if it's worthing building a guttler to AG? If any tests have been done^^?

I looooove my ag Guttler! You would have a lot of fun with it. I need to finish ag'ing my Aymur and see which one gives more attack. guttler ag or Aymur effect.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-15 00:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Isn't tegmina buffet a multi-hit move? Try it on a ninja mob and you'll see it removes 2 shadows, every time. The guide has it under single hit move.

All AoE attacks remove more than one shadow, even Diaga.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-10-15 03:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

bst needs a better shield. Everyone who isn't banned from the OF, suggest it. And why wasn't bst put on the new gear? Again, someone who isn't banned from the OF suggest it. Maybe it was a mistake? I know the gear isn't that good, but still.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-10-16 21:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually a single hit attack, but since Chapuli is a WAR (Double Attack+18% job trait at level 99) plus at least DA+12% from your Ready gearset, you're commonly seeing it strike 2 shadows with the DA proc thrown in there.
By Verda 2016-10-16 21:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a mule BST I'm gearing for AoE, would you recommend doing it with fireball, cursed sphere or tegmina buffet? I'd like the best effort:reward ratio possible and will be using it to remerit in eschan zones.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-10-16 21:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tegmina at Zi'tah Puks/Dragons (or whatever you had in mind) probably meets your criteria.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-10-17 11:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually a single hit attack, but since Chapuli is a WAR (Double Attack+18% job trait at level 99) plus at least DA+12% from your Ready gearset, you're commonly seeing it strike 2 shadows with the DA proc thrown in there.

Interesting. I must've had a high double-attack rate when I tried it multiple times. It kept saying 2 shadows removed.

Are you sure it didn't just miss one hit?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-10-17 15:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. I must've had a high double-attack rate when I tried it multiple times. It kept saying 2 shadows removed.

Are you sure it didn't just miss one hit?

I suppose it's difficult to tell based on a test like this. So let's forget about shadows for now...

Everything categorized as a Single Hit Ready Move shares the following characteristics:
1. fTP affects the primary hit.
2. If a Double Attack occurs, the secondary hit deals the same amount as a regular melee strike.

Whereas, for Multi-Attack Ready Moves:
1. fTP transfers across all hits.
2. Double Attacks can occur more than once - and when they do happen, they have the same fTP transfer.

Now, there are 4 results that can occur from using Tegmina Buffet:
First hit connects, Double Attack procs and connects (85 TP Return)
First hit connects, Double Attack doesn't proc or misses (75 TP Return)
First hit misses, but Double Attack procs and connects (10 TP Return)
First hit misses, Double Attack doesn't proc or misses (0 TP Return)

When the third scenario occurs you see something embarrassing, like this:

So we can say, with a reasonable amount of confidence, that Tegmina Buffet is a Single Hit Ready move because all of its power is in the initial hit, and the Double Attack proc does the same damage as a pet melee attack.

Regarding the shadow stripping, it's possible that AoE moves have increased chances to remove the max possible number of shadows, in a similar vein to what Trulusia stated. You could find a Ninja monster and test further, if that's something you're interested in. :)
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-10-18 13:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have to say I love this forum. It is by far and away one of the most helpful and informative on the site. Good job to all who keep this up to date. I know I am not the only one but I absolutely appreciate it. THANK YOU!

That being said, I am an old school bst from way back. I always loved charming mandies upstairs in the Boyahoda Tree and making them fight each other to the death for my amusement. I notice that charm is not anywhere near as useful as it used to be, and that's all fine and well but it leads me to a question.

For all you Master Bst's out there or anyone with Charm success rates capped. Has anyone charmed an Apex mob and Familiar-ed it to fight other Apex mobs? This just sounds like old school fun an shenanigans to me. I googled it and I was shocked that nobody has made a video of this just for S n' G's. Anyone got any input?
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-18 13:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
So I have to say I love this forum. It is by far and away one of the most helpful and informative on the site. Good job to all who keep this up to date. I know I am not the only one but I absolutely appreciate it. THANK YOU!

That being said, I am an old school bst from way back. I always loved charming mandies upstairs in the Boyahoda Tree and making them fight each other to the death for my amusement. I notice that charm is not anywhere near as useful as it used to be, and that's all fine and well but it leads me to a question.

For all you Master Bst's out there or anyone with Charm success rates capped. Has anyone charmed an Apex mob and Familiar-ed it to fight other Apex mobs? This just sounds like old school fun an shenanigans to me. I googled it and I was shocked that nobody has made a video of this just for S n' G's. Anyone got any input?

It's funny that you ask this question. I coincidentally brought the very same question up during an LS conversation the other day. I too am curious as to whether Apex mobs can be charmed and used offensively. This is assuming Apex mobs are the highest non-NM monsters in the game that would be considered charm-able in the first place.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-18 15:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I THINK we tested it forever ago and found that you COULD charm an Apex mob. But it was seriously over a year ago and we all agreed it was so pointless to do so that I can't remember what actually said. Anyway, you can test it real quick. Remember that job ability Gauge that was *** amazing back when you actually had to charm mobs? Just go use it on an Apex mob and see what it says.

That said, it's pretty much only for the sake of nostalgia. Sic is a horrible job ability when compared to Ready. Apex mobs only noteworthy feature, aside from high level, is high HP. They really don't deal very much damage, and it would take quite a while for one to kill the other.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2016-10-18 15:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
That said, it's pretty much only for the sake of nostalgia. Sic is a horrible job ability when compared to Ready. Apex mobs only noteworthy feature, aside from high level, is high HP. They really don't deal very much damage, and it would take quite a while for one to kill the other.

Oh I know I have little to no chance with the current state of my bst. That's why I was just curious if anyone who had charm maxed out had done it. Would be kind of fun to have like 5 bsts all charm an apex mob and go to town for however long familiar would hold on an apex mob. Again just for nostalgic purposes and shits n' giggles. Just thinking about it puts a ridiculously dumb grin across my face.
By Daemythos 2016-10-19 08:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a substitute ring for a the SoA ring everyone here uses, I chose another ring for the time being and currently do not have access to this.

thanks in advance
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2016-10-19 08:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I am in the same situation, I switched to the crafting SoA ring. I use two Varar Ring now for bst ready moves.
[+]
By Verda 2016-10-19 09:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On charmed mobs I have some questions since it's on topic at the moment, I do realize Ready is go to so consider these questions more academic.

You can charm reisenjima chapuli, they are also higher level than bertha correct? Sic also gets double the recast reduction from merits as ready, does this mean charmed chapuli could do moves every 5 seconds rather than 10?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-10-19 10:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
On charmed mobs I have some questions since it's on topic at the moment, I do realize Ready is go to so consider these questions more academic.

You can charm reisenjima chapuli, they are also higher level than bertha correct? Sic also gets double the recast reduction from merits as ready, does this mean charmed chapuli could do moves every 5 seconds rather than 10?

Base Sic recast time is 1min30sec, and pet attacks from Sic require 1000+ TP.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 175 176 177