Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » deadly tap water
deadly tap water
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 10:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Bloodrose said: »
What on earth are you all talking about where did I say you would absorb 50 litres of water.
You can't.

your looking at 50+ litres of possible absorbtion into the body. That's 199.5 mg/l+.
You mean the part where you said this on the last page?

Wow reaching.
Obviously 199.5mg/l = 50 litres of water right?

Btw it doesn't
It means an average of 50 litres a day of the chemical mixture of water you get which has 199.5mg/l of floride in it. There's also other stuff like chlorine left from cleaning it too. That's about 1mg/l.
Or 50mg in this case of 50 litres of tap water.
Did you pass or fail basic math?
Or do you not know simple conversions?

199.5mg/50L would be the correct correlation, not 199.5mg/L.

Even in the use of 50 liters of water a day, you don't ingest or absorb all of it, and only a small portion of roughly 3-ish Liters a day is absorbed by the body out of that 50 liters of water used.

So you would still only be absorbing or ingesting roughly 12mg of fluoride a day from drinking water.

Also, you *did* ask where you said it, and tried to tell us we couldn't quote you on it. The wording was "you're looking at 50+ liters of possible absorption", which isn't humanly possible without dying.

The bolded is patently false.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 10:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from health effects?

Did you not read that it was also used to purify contaminants in the water, along with the known health benefits?

But you incorrectly stated in the previous post that we were putting more fluoride into it, when the opposite is true - we're reducing the amounts as set out by the EPA guidelines for the very reason that there's such an abundance of sources for it commercially.

When I said we are putting more into it, I meant that we continue to put additional fluoride into the water to fluoridate the water. Not that we're putting in higher levels than we did at any other point in time.

There are some health benefits to a proper level of fluoride ingestion, but there are also adverse effects to ingesting too much. Seeing as nearly half of all kids have some form of dental fluorosis (a sign you're getting TOO MUCH), we should probably stop putting anymore of it into the water.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 10:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Did you not read that it was also used to purify contaminants in the water, along with the known health benefits?

But you incorrectly stated in the previous post that we were putting more fluoride into it, when the opposite is true - we're reducing the amounts as set out by the EPA guidelines for the very reason that there's such an abundance of sources for it commercially.

When I said we are putting more into it, I meant that we continue to put additional fluoride into the water to fluoridate the water. Not that we're putting in higher levels than we did at any other point in time.

There are some health benefits to a proper level of fluoride ingestion, but there are also adverse effects to ingesting too much. Seeing as nearly half of all kids have some form of dental fluorosis (a sign you're getting TOO MUCH), we should probably stop putting anymore of it into the water.
Or ya know, look at how much toothpaste is being used per brushing, how many times you use oral hygiene products, and such, since how many kids or parents actually know proper brushing practices or even general oral health care, let alone adhere to it?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 10:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What on earth are you all talking about where did I say you would absorb 50 litres of water.
You can't.

your looking at 50+ litres of possible absorbtion into the body. That's 199.5 mg/l+.

Wow reaching.

Btw it doesn't
It means an average of 50 litres of the chemical mixture of water you get which has 199.5mg/l of floride in it. There's also other stuff like chlorine left from cleaning it too. That's about 1mg/l.

Answer this please:

If you use 10 liters of water a day, and the PPM of fluoride in that water is 4, and the PPM proven to have harmful effects to you is 32 PPM, did you receive a harmful dose in one day?

I could answer it.
But why is the number of 10 litres relevant in anyway?
For your conversion. Since you want to convert PPM to liters.

Besides, it's a yes/no question.
By charlo999 2015-01-30 10:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ppm to mg/l not litres.
It's 31.96mg/l what's your point, you've drunk 10 litres of water in one day in a 4ppm zone and didn't have any adverse affects from fluoride?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 10:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ppm to mg/l not litres.
It's 31.96mg/l what's your point, you've drunk 10 litres of water in one day in a 4ppm zone and didn't have any adverse affects from fluoride?

If you use 10 liters equivalents of a million parts of water a day, and the PPM of fluoride in that water is 4, and the PPM proven to have harmful effects to you is 32 PPM, did you receive a harmful dose in one day?
Since you are either being obtuse or not understanding what the question is, I changed the question for you.

This is a simple yes/no question. Did you receive a harmful dose of fluoride in one day?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 10:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Or ya know, look at how much toothpaste is being used per brushing, how many times you use oral hygiene products, and such, since how many kids or parents actually know proper brushing practices or even general oral health care, let alone adhere to it?

Really? I just gave you a very sensible argument as to why continuing to do this is entirely unnecessary (in the 1st world anyways).

You response to that is essentially "the public should modify their dental hygiene so that they benefit from the fluoridation of water".
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 10:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I just gave you a very sensible argument as to why continuing to do this is entirely unnecessary (in the 1st world anyways).

You response to that is essentially "the public should modify their dental hygiene so that they benefit from the fluoridation of water".
No, that's actually putting words into my mouth.

I've already pointed out why it's still there, and the reason for it.

But yes, the general public should know and/or possibly modify their dental hygiene, because fluoridosis still occurs with drinking minimal tap water, or any water at all, and is not directly linked in any way, to tap water as the primary source. But not to benefit from fluoride in water in the way you think. That's just a really *** stupid argument.

There are multitudes of benefits of having fluoride in the water, even at reduced amounts. Removing it altogether would cause contaminants to resurface that would otherwise poison the people who rely on tap water. Some areas don't have enough of it happening or occurring naturally to address this issue, and others have to filter excess amounts out. It's part of balancing the health and risks associated with it.
By charlo999 2015-01-30 10:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't.

Wow reaching.

Btw it doesn't
It means an average of 50 litres a day of the chemical mixture of water you get which has 199.5mg/l of floride in it. There's also other stuff like chlorine left from cleaning it too. That's about 1mg/l.
Did you pass or fail basic math?
Or do you not know simple conversions?

199.5mg/50L would be the correct correlation, not 199.5mg/L.

Even in the use of 50 liters of water a day, you don't ingest or absorb all of it, and only a small portion of roughly 3-ish Liters a day is absorbed by the body out of that 50 liters of water used.

So you would still only be absorbing or ingesting roughly 12mg of fluoride a day from drinking water.

Also, you *did* ask where you said it, and tried to tell us we couldn't quote you on it. The wording was "you're looking at 50+ liters of possible absorption", which isn't humanly possible without dying.

The bolded is patently false.

Quote:
The Food and Nutrition Board at the Institute of Medicine recommends the following dietary intake for fluoride:

Infants

0 - 6 months: 0.01 milligrams per day (mg/day)
7 - 12 months: 0.5 mg/day
Children

1 - 3 years: 0.7 mg/day
4 - 8 years: 1.0 mg/day
9 - 13 years: 2.0 mg/day
Adolescents and Adults

Males ages 14 to 18 years: 3.0 mg/day
Males over 18 years: 4.0 mg/day
Females over 14 years: 3.0 mg/day

From link

Hope your not taking in 14mg a day your 3.5x over the recommended allowance for a adult male. N's that's just drinking water.
Knobody I'm done answering your trolling you can't even ask a question correctly and have yet to provide relevance, bye.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 10:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Versus the 60-90mg of fluoride per day that comes from brushing and using anti-septic mouth wash?
By charlo999 2015-01-30 10:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'm done with rose too. Bye.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 10:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Too much fluoride in the diet is very rare. Rarely, infants who get too much fluoride before their teeth have broken through the gums have changes in the enamel that covers the teeth. Faint white lines or streaks may appear, but they are usually not easy to see.

From your same link.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-30 10:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'm done with rose too. Bye.

Can't you just be done with all of us?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 10:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Knobody I'm done answering your trolling you can't even ask a question correctly and have yet to provide relevance, bye.
Why do you refuse to answer the question? The answer you provide is relevant in showing your knowledge of basic understanding.

Showing your refusal to answer the question shows your inability to comprehend even the simplest of concepts, one that is learned in kindergarten school....

BTW, I'm not trolling. And I highly doubt you know what trolling is.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-30 10:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Versus the 60-90mg of fluoride per day that comes from brushing and using anti-septic mouth wash?

You're also told not to swallow mouth wash as well as toothpaste.

Dietary Intake is not the same as putting ***in your mouth and spitting it out.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 10:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone can't handle the evidence, and their own links even refute their evidence.

Of course, dietary intake is much different from over-all or adversely affecting your health.

But of course, these people are worried that 0-8 people will die from this is an issue, but give 0 *** about the damage done to livers from over consumption of alcohol, or other mind-altering drugs, drunk driving, or anything else.

They believe against all evidence to the contrary, that the feds are doing this, when it's overseen by the EPA, WHO, CDC, etc. who have all elected to lower water fluoridation rates to 1.4ppm as a maximum, or less where needed, that additional recommendations are put in place by the individual states and their respective boards of health.

And can't understand basic math or conversion rates, toxicity rates, and so forth.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 10:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

You're also told not to swallow mouth wash as well as toothpaste.

Dietary Intake is not the same as putting ***in your mouth and spitting it out.
That doesn't count swallowing it. That's the intake of general ingestion from simply using it as directed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-30 11:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Got sources for those numbers? Sounds like commie "preversion" of our precious bodily fluids.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 11:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's called the EPA website.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-30 11:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That is nice, provide a link.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Provide the required intelligence, and it shall be done.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-01-30 11:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we get to the anti-vax segment of this stew? I like to gloat that my body has fought off bacterial infections with nothing other than a can of spray cheese, a knife and the willpower to survive.

If you can't stave off some meningitis then you're just not trying hard enough. Lazy Americans.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 11:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We get plenty of it through our dental hygiene, there's no reason to increase our exposure to it by dumping it into the water supply.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 12:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly still missing the point about the health benefits where it is also used as a decontaminant on it's way from the water filtration plants to your tap.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-30 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are worried about your fluoride intake you can also reduce your intake by using a non-fluoride toothpaste. Tom's of Maine has a fluoride free toothpaste made with propolis and myrrh.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-30 12:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh insults, thanks.

I'm at work and don't have the time to navigate through the EPA website to find a page about the amount of fluoride a person inadvertently consumes when brushing their teeth/gurgle mouth wash and spit it out. You claimed you saw the data they provided.

An intelligent conclusion would be that it should be easy enough for you to copy and pasta the link to support what you said. Especially when asked.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 12:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
If you are worried about your fluordie intake you can also reduce your intake by using a non-fluoride toothpaste. Tom's of Maine has a fluoride free toothpaste made with propolis and myrrh.
This was the kind of thing I was talking about.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 12:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Oh insults, thanks.

I'm at work and don't have the time to navigate through the EPA website to find a page about the amount of fluoride a person inadvertently consumes when brushing their teeth/gurgle mouth wash and spit it out. You claimed you saw the data they provided.

An intelligent conclusion would be that it should be easy enough for you to copy and pasta the link to support what you said. Especially when asked.
And it's already been provided. In this very thread. Is that really a hard concept?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-30 12:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that really a hard concept?

The concept isn't that hard, but my water is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-30 12:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't back read. Do you mind not being such a hoser and say what page?

Seems like courtesy and being informative is a hard concept for some.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8