First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 08:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Don't worry everyone soon Obama will once again save us all.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/01/30/dr-manny-should-obama-make-vaccines-mandatory-for-all-children/

Just wondering btw.. Its perfectly okay to abort a baby because pro-choice.. But soon as that baby is born you people want to force vaccines on them.. The hypocrisy is astonishing in this forum.

My children have gotten only the most basic and helpful vaccines they was over a year old before any. I'm not totally against them, they have gotten what I have gotten. However, the doctors "suggest" about 2-4 other vaccines w/e its time for the basic ones.. Getting all those shots that are not really needed before the child can even speak is insane. To even suggest that all vaccines be mandated.. A lot of parents would stop going to the doctor all together, would you people consider that a good thing? What then? Start arresting people and putting them in jail? Taking away children? I swear you people lack certain thought processes.

If parents dont follow approved liberal protocols, they are putting their kid's lives in danger and deserve to have their kids taken away.

The state will do a much better job raising them.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-30 08:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Nausi, you're learning!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-30 08:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I don't know about in Canada, but we don't have separate supplies for what goes to the sink and what goes to the shower, of course there's separate for what comes in and what goes out, but you get the idea.

I'd be less worried about fluoride and more worried about what it picks up in the pipes in the case of old homes, as minimum code differs for drinking and non-drinking taps.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 08:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You actually ingest more fluoride from toothpaste, once, without intentionally ingesting it, than you could manage to do in month with tap water, just from proper use.

The cells and pores in the mouth, are more open than the multitudes of layers of skin covering your body.

Fluoride also happens naturally in water, as a means of water purification to keep it clean of contaminants and pollutants.

It's actually a salt compound that is formed when the element fluorine combines with soil/sediment, or rocks.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-30 08:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I don't know about in Canada, but we don't have separate supplies for what goes to the sink and what goes to the shower, of course there's separate for what comes in and what goes out, but you get the idea.

I'd be less worried about fluoride and more worried about what it picks up in the pipes in the case of old homes, as minimum code differs for drinking and non-drinking taps.
Oh most certainly, good 'ol lead pipes.

If the water pressure here didn't already suck, I'd throw another filter on at the tap, the water coming in is already filtered (well water) and most would probably feel sick if they looked at the filter.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-30 08:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

bring back state banks owned by the people. watch this lovely video

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2015-01-30 08:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
You actually ingest more fluoride from toothpaste, once, without intentionally ingesting it, than you could manage to do in month with tap water, just from proper use.

The cells and pores in the mouth, are more open than the multitudes of layers of skin covering your body.

Fluoride also happens naturally in water, as a means of water purification to keep it clean of contaminants and pollutants.

It's actually a salt compound that is formed when the element fluorine combines with soil/sediment, or rocks.
We know, well some of us know.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-30 08:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
bring back state banks owned by the people. watch this lovely video

no
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-30 08:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread about water.
Talks about banks.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-30 08:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Thread about water.
Talks about banks.

Well, you can swim in money, don'tya know?

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-30 08:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose water banks are also a thing, but the leap in his brain has been huge.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-30 08:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fluoride also happens naturally in water,

To the point that in some municipalities the "fluoridation team", so to speak, actually does what they need to filter fluoride out to bring it down to the appropriate level.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 08:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Error displaying youtube video.
Thread about water.
Talks about banks.

Well, you can swim in money, don'tya know?

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 08:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread about water.
Talks about banks.
On that note: Let's move the bank topic to a different thread.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 08:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you're not suppose to swallow toothpaste, in part because it has flouride in it.

I think I saw a cursory comparison somewhere that the amount of fluoride you drink in water is equivalent to what you'd get if you swallowed toothpaste.

I'm not really sure what the dosages are in water or toothpaste, but it's kinda irrelevant. It really doesn't take much to trigger dental fluorosis, we should stop putting it into the water for that reason alone. If any of you bought a flouride rinse, used it as directed and ended up with that (albeit cosmetic) result, you'd probably have a pretty meaty lawsuit on your hands.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 08:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You know you're not suppose to swallow toothpaste, in part because it has flouride in it.

I think I saw a cursory comparison somewhere that the amount of fluoride you drink in water is equivalent to what you'd get if you swallowed toothpaste.

I'm not really sure what the dosages are in water or toothpaste, but it's kinda irrelevant. It really doesn't take much to trigger dental fluorosis, we should stop putting it into the water for that reason alone. If any of you bought a flouride rinse, used it as directed and ended up with that (albeit cosmetic) result, you'd probably have a pretty meaty lawsuit on your hands.
Yeah... no you wouldn't.

You'd get a health advisory, and the maximum doses have already been specified for water, which is a maximum of 4.00PPM, or 4.00mg per liter, where as the average amount found in water is already under 2.00PPM, or 2.00mg per liter, with recommendations by the EPA to drop the maximum amount down to 1.4PPM. (and how to find them for your community), and for toothpaste.

Sodium Fluoride, for a 75ml bottle of Pronamel toothpaste, is 0.254%. It's also the same fluoride found naturally, and used in purifying water of contaminants.

This would mean that toothpaste contains between 3-6 times as much sodium fluoride in a single use, than what you could possibly manage from 2-3 liters of ingested water a day. And that's just with proper use. Never mind the accidental ingestion that occurs from time to time.

But it really does take a lot of it to trigger dental fluorosis.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 09:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sodium Fluoride, for a 75ml bottle of Pronamel toothpaste, is 0.254%. It's also the same fluoride found naturally, and used in purifying water of contaminants.

Ok granted, whatever the dosage rates are, you eventually swallow the amount of fluoride in an accidental toothpaste swallowing as you do in water, right? My point is that there's a warning label on toothpaste, but not on water.

Caffeine is natural, but bad for you in high enough dosages. Fluoride doesn't get some pass because it's "natural".

Whatever it takes, dental fluorosis is "prevalent" in children, nearly doubling its rates from 1987 to 2003.

Before you jump on the notion that it isn't the fluoridated water that's doing it, I would ask that:
If fluoride is so common in toothpaste AND rinses that those sources alone are enough to account for the increase rates in fluorosis, why do we need to put any of it into the water?
[+]
By charlo999 2015-01-30 09:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What on earth are you all talking about where did I say you would absorb 50 litres of water.
You can't.
You absorb the chemicals in the water whilst your bathing in it. It's not hard to understand.
In a shower the water gets heated into steam and evaporated the intake of fluoride through vapour is 90-100%.
Water naturally vaporises from all sources and can build up if you have no windows open.
Washing clothes that dry has the chemicals left in that can be absorbed into your dermis.
Your attempts at over overblowing concepts to belittle are pathetic.
Tests on these absorption rates have ever been done.
So at best your riding on blind hope.
Personally I'd rather see the evidence before admitting fluoride is right.
Your doing it the other way round.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-30 09:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

POW! Right in the genetics!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 09:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok granted, whatever the dosage rates are, you eventually swallow the amount of fluoride in an accidental toothpaste swallowing as you do in water, right? My point is that there's a warning label on toothpaste, but not on water.

Caffeine is natural, but bad for you in high enough dosages. Fluoride doesn't get some pass because it's "natural".

Whatever it takes, dental fluorosis is "prevalent" in children, nearly doubling its rates from 1987 to 2003.

Before you jump on the notion that it isn't the fluoridated water that's doing it, I would ask that:
If fluoride is so common in toothpaste AND rinses that those sources alone are enough to account for the increase rates in fluorosis, why do we need to put any of it into the water?
No, you're actually swallowing *more*, or do you not read? A single use of toothpaste in proper care, is between 3-6x what you could possibly get from a full day's supply of water.

Which means, in an accidental ingestion, you would end up swallowing almost a month's worth of sodium fluoride at once.

Why is fluoride still in water? Because it's found to happen through deliverance naturally from rock and sediment, and as Ramyrez pointed out, there are teams of fluoridation experts that actually have to filter it down.

So in essence, the over consumption of sodium fluoride is more greatly attributed to the over-abundance of it in anti-septic oral care products. Not the water. Also, Bottled water is ozonized, not fluoridated. Of course, reading basic facts presented by the EPA would help.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 09:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We've gone over the health benefits of fluoridated water.

We've gone over it's history.

We've gone over it's uses.

We've gone over what it really is. (it's a salt compound called sodium fluoride)

We've gone over information that has shown a marked reduction in the amounts of fluoride in drinking water since anti-septic oral care products became prevalent.

We've gone over why it's still necessary, albeit at reduced amounts.

You've shown us... a tinfoil hat.

I mean, Even Nausi is beginning to sound like a seasoned debated in comparison.

But you want "proof" you can agree with, rather than what's staring you in the face, that fluoride is A-OK!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 09:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
What on earth are you all talking about where did I say you would absorb 50 litres of water.
You can't.

your looking at 50+ litres of possible absorbtion into the body. That's 199.5 mg/l+.
You mean the part where you said this on the last page?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-30 09:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Euclids Cfinder said: »
How does Altimaomega still manage to breathe.

his mom doesn't let him have any gum. and she makes him sit down to drink water.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 09:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you're actually swallowing *more*, or do you not read? A single use of toothpaste in proper care, is between 3-6x what you could possibly get from a full day's supply of water.

Which means, in an accidental ingestion, you would end up swallowing almost a month's worth of sodium fluoride at once.

Why is fluoride still in water? Because it's found to happen through deliverance naturally from rock and sediment, and as Ramyrez pointed out, there are teams of fluoridation experts that actually have to filter it down.

So in essence, the over consumption of sodium fluoride is more greatly attributed to the over-abundance of it in anti-septic oral care products. Not the water. Also, Bottled water is ozonized, not fluoridated. Of course, reading basic facts presented by the EPA would help.

I'm not talking about flouride's natural existance in water. I know it exists naturally. I'm talking about us putting it into water.

Clearly it's pretty unnecessary if almost half of children have dental fluorosis.

I read, you're not reading today. If you accidentally swallow toothpaste you get a months supply of drinking water fluoride. Everyday you get between 3-6 times the drinking water level of fluoride in toothpaste that you do in water. My point is you still eventually ingest the accidental swallowing amount through drinking water. The frequency in which you do, is entirely irrelevant.

The point is that people get plenty of fluoride. So why are we putting more of it in drinking water? All it does is contribute to the increasing problem of fluorosis.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 09:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not talking about flouride's natural existance in water. I know it exists naturally. I'm talking about us putting it into water.

Clearly it's pretty unnecessary if almost half of children have dental fluorosis.

I read, you're not reading today. If you accidentally swallow toothpaste you get a months supply of drinking water fluoride. Everyday you get between 3-6 times the drinking water level of fluoride in toothpaste that you do in water. My point is you still eventually ingest the accidental swallowing amount through drinking water. The frequency in which you do, is entirely irrelevant.

The point is that people get plenty of fluoride. So why are we putting more of it in drinking water? All it does is contribute to the increasing problem of fluorosis.
Obviously you *can't* read, as we're putting in *less* fluoride than ever.

And no, you don't ingest the same amount. You would need to drink a month's supply of water, in a single day, to reach that amount swallowed by a single accident. The frequency and amount are both relevant.
By charlo999 2015-01-30 09:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't.

your looking at 50+ litres of possible absorbtion into the body. That's 199.5 mg/l+.

Wow reaching.
Obviously 199.5mg/l = 50 litres of water right?

Btw it doesn't
It means an average of 50 litres a day of the chemical mixture of water you get which has 199.5mg/l of floride in it. There's also other stuff like chlorine left from cleaning it too. That's about 1mg/l.
Or 50mg in this case of 50 litres of tap water.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-01-30 09:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously you *can't* read, as we're putting in *less* fluoride than ever.

And no, you don't ingest the same amount. You would need to drink a month's supply of water, in a single day, to reach that amount swallowed by a single accident. The frequency and amount are both relevant.
Seriously? OK, this is as simple as I can make my point.

We still put fluoride into drinking water.

We get plenty of fluoride from toothpaste and fluoride rinses.

Why should we continue to put fluoride into drinking water?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-30 09:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't.

Wow reaching.

Btw it doesn't
It means an average of 50 litres of the chemical mixture of water you get which has 199.5mg/l of floride in it. There's also other stuff like chlorine left from cleaning it too. That's about 1mg/l.

Answer this please:

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If you use 10 liters of water a day, and the PPM of fluoride in that water is 4, and the PPM proven to have harmful effects to you is 32 PPM, did you receive a harmful dose in one day?
By Bloodrose 2015-01-30 09:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from health effects?

Did you not read that it was also used to purify contaminants in the water, along with the known health benefits?

But you incorrectly stated in the previous post that we were putting more fluoride into it, when the opposite is true - we're reducing the amounts as set out by the EPA guidelines for the very reason that there's such an abundance of sources for it commercially.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-01-30 10:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't.

Wow reaching.

Btw it doesn't
It means an average of 50 litres of the chemical mixture of water you get which has 199.5mg/l of floride in it. There's also other stuff like chlorine left from cleaning it too. That's about 1mg/l.

Answer this please:

If you use 10 liters of water a day, and the PPM of fluoride in that water is 4, and the PPM proven to have harmful effects to you is 32 PPM, did you receive a harmful dose in one day?

I could answer it.
But why is the number of 10 litres relevant in anyway?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8