Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-23 20:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Jazz hands thread!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-23 20:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the OP, then jumped to the final page...

What the heck is going on
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 20:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-23 20:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Refreshazure said: »
No no no you misunderstand what you find fun is based on the environment around you as you grow up I will provided grants tools in graphic design and advanced instruments it would be near impossible for them to become interested in cars if they had advanced and more entertaining tools.

LOL. Please refer me to your advanced degree in child development. I'll be waiting.

Here's a nifty tip from a buddy who actually has a PHD in Early Childhood Education (don't ask, her husband still /facepalms): To increase your child's dexterity, break crayons in half so they have to adapt to holding them like a pencil.

/dusts off hands

There. Something constructive.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 20:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A religious person chooses all the time and makes the child be Christian the child doesn't choose the child is made into a Christian.

So you're not going to force your child to be a liberal and an atheist?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-23 20:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Think of it that way, you can never shape kids to be what you want them to be, you can only show them the possibilities and help them reach what they want to be. It's a beautiful thing in my opinion, I would feel really bad if I forced my kids to be something they aren't.

A religious person chooses all the time and makes the child be Christian the child doesn't choose the child is made into a Christian.

My child won't much as a rebel is an average child due to the environment where I will raise them.

I understand that there will be a rebel stage but if everything goes well genetically there going to be already be starting college
Once again, you're not taking personalities into account.

Also, there may be an outside factor that may influence the child to stray. The part of unknown factors is much greater than the known one, which is why this kind of plan has to leave a lot of freedom to the child to avoid awaking those personality traits, first, and then allow yourself to somewhat control the unknown that may happen, without the child noticing. He'll think you're open minded and let him do what he wants when you actually very well know what he's doing.

But, ya, you have no way of preventing your child from receiving an influence from an outside source, the probabilities aren't in your favor at all.
But even before taking this into consideration, the personality of your child cannot be suppressed and is a very early factor to take into consideration.
So, unless you feed your child with medicine to control him, you're already walking toward the unknown.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 20:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

as I stated before imagination will be fulfilled by graphic design and musical instruments both will channel imagination.

I met a kid whose parents were music teachers. He was surrounded by music but had no interest in it. What then?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 20:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I see you're a hypocrite too. Well that about rounds it out then. It's only evil if people you don't like raise their kids around ideals you don't like. If you do it, it's just nature.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 20:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you're *** then buddy, school in Denmark is compulsory so he'll be surrounded by kids who will be playing outside, bringing handheld video games to school or other toys and will develop an interest in them
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 20:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're not going to force your child to be a liberal and an atheist?

if all goes well they will not be raised in the United States they will be raised in a more secular place like Denmark where undesirable things like Republicans and conservative values
are in the super minority.

once again environmental factors I won't be forcing them to be liberal and atheist the environment around them will be liberal and atheist.

just as a Christian child who never leaves his redneck town will will end up as a Christian adult.

there is no forcing them nature will just proceed naturally.

as I stated before imagination will be fulfilled by graphic design and musical instruments both will channel imagination.

I met a kid whose parents were music teachers. He was surrounded by music but had no interest in it. What then?

Advanced graphic design with with a huge graphic tablet that I will leave in their room to mess with so they will become interested in and mess around with it until they begin practicing on their own then when they ask for more advanced things I will give it to them.

Do you even know how expensive those programs are?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 20:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Do you even know how expensive those programs are?

And I'm sure a child with no advanced training will just tinker his way into artistic genius and a lifelong career in the thing his parent wants him to do. That's never backfired, nope.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 20:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

indoctrinating your child without fear of never-ending hell and torment and saying those damn Muslims are out to get him.

Um, neither of those things are things I believe. Calling me ignorant then stereotyping me is a good way of showing ignorance, though.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-23 20:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

IQ 140 remember I've advanced habits already

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I wish we could be buddy and go out for a drink, the fun never end with you

edit had to cause you're posting too much awesomeness too fast for me to handle

and I'm planning to marry an intelligent wife will also have a successful job.

Clearly cause everyone with high IQ has a succesfull job/life ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 20:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was this result from a certified test that you take from a mental health institute or was this the result from an IQ test taken randomly on the internet?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-23 20:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You better land a 5 digits monthly salary if you want such a wife. Smart women are very hard to impress, so unless you have an amazing personality, you'll need 5 or 6 digits to be relevant.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 20:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yes I'm very familiar with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.

Because those are super advanced

There are programs much better and veeeeeeeeeery expensive, especially all those 3D programs
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 20:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Was this result from a certified test that you take from a mental health institute or was this the result from an IQ test taken randomly on the internet?
Shut up, those things are legit! Here, let me print out my certificate of 220 IQ from freeiqtest.com for you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 20:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Or close to a meaty 2 digits, you know where...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 20:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The last 2 look like something made in kindergarten
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-23 20:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've been reading, women do not like two digits there. Even less if it's the meaty part, you'll kill her.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 20:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

First one looks like a flower with a filter
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 20:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
You better land a 5 digits monthly salary if you want such a wife. Smart women are very hard to impress, so unless you have an amazing personality, you'll need 5 or 6 digits to be relevant.

Actually, yeah. Forget about the kids for a moment. If he can even land a woman that even fits his criteria within the next couple decades, I might begin to take the rest seriously.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 20:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
From what I've been reading, women do not like two digits there. Even less if it's the meaty part, you'll kill her.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 23 24 25