Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 23 24 25
 Ragnarok.Action
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Xremix
By Ragnarok.Action 2014-09-23 11:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The level of mental retardation, racism and sectarianism on these forums are very scary.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-23 11:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

well think whatever you want, I'd just think twice before labeling all the faithful as a blight on society when that just isn't the case.

to be fair, I shared your fervor 15 some years ago.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 11:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Action said: »
The level of mental retardation due from blindly following a religion without question in this forum is very scary
ftfy
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
The level of mental retardation due from blindly following a religion without question in this forum is very scary
ftfy

Welcome to humanity no matter how ridiculous something is People will continue to believe it despite evidence otherwise.

IN B4 atheism is a religion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0A_iF1B3k0

Between you and Jet, I'm glad you're not on my side of the argument.

Keep posting bro.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-23 11:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Today on Masterpiece Theater: Apologetics.

Look hard enough and you can justify veiling women too. It's not bad, we're protecting them from the problems you people have in the West! It's wonderful. It's an act of compassion!
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 11:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Look hard enough and you can justify veiling women too. It's not bad, we're protecting them from the problems you people have in the West! It's wonderful. It's an act of compassion!
Increased protection from skin cancer and skin damage. UV is a ***, yo. It's for their own good.

Plus, have you seen what wind does to unbound long hair? This saves them hours of brushing and hundreds of dollars in detangling product.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 11:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Allah/God/Cthulhu. Here we go.

Cut to the "that's not based in the religion but it some cultures that practice the religion" thing.

There's always an easy out for religion. "They interpreted the book wrong, that's not how it's really supposed to be."
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
ftfy

Welcome to humanity no matter how ridiculous something is People will continue to believe it despite evidence otherwise.

IN B4 atheism is a religion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0A_iF1B3k0

Between you and Jet, I'm glad you're not on my side of the argument.

Keep posting bro.
So am I, so am I. RT may not have the best English in the world, and he may be a Mac user (I'll go logic him out of that one later) but at least he's not a religious apologist.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-23 11:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh I could be on the same side as you and after reading all your posts be convinced to go join any other side than the one you're attempting to represent... that's how terrible your posts are... I'm not even sure half of them are in english and am always hoping that you're posting from a phone.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Cut to the "that's not based in the religion but it some cultures that practice the religion" thing.

There's always an easy out for religion. "They interpreted the book wrong, that's not how it's really supposed to be."

So you're informed then I guess?
You quoted the most common response from Muslims about the subject as a means of discrediting what Muslims have to say about the subject?

Intriguing...
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 11:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just religion. http://www.cracked.com/article_18787_6-books-everyone-including-your-english-teacher-got-wrong_p2.html

CrackedArticle said:
What it's really about:

Bradbury was actually more concerned with TV destroying interest in literature than he was with government censorship and officials running around libraries with lit matches. According to Bradbury, television is useless and compresses important information about the world into little factoids, contributing to society's ever-shrinking attention span. Like "Video Killed the Radio Star," television would kill the, uh, book star (he said same thing about radio too, by the way). An interesting rant from the author, considering that much of Bradbury's fame was a direct result of his stories being portrayed on science fiction shows.
What probably pissed Bradbury off more than anything was that people completely disregarded his interpretation of his own book. In fact, when Bradbury was a guest lecturer in a class at UCLA, students flat-out told him to his face that he was mistaken and that his book is really about censorship. He walked out.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You quoted the most common response from Muslims about the subject as a means discrediting what Muslims have to say about the subject?

Intriguing...

popular sure doesn't mean right.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-09-23 11:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to have a logical discussion of this, you're doing it very wrong. The way you present your arguments would be seen as offensive in the best case...

I'm no fan of religion in any form but acting this way to people who are is not helping.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

You quoted the most common response from Muslims about the subject as a means discrediting what Muslims have to say about the subject?

Intriguing...

popular sure doesn't mean right.
Ah, so you are now the authority on Islam?
Forget the Muslims! Tell us more about your sectarian brand of Islam. You are obviously right.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
If you want to have a logical discussion of this, you're doing it very wrong. The way you present your arguments would be seen as offensive in the best case...

I'm no fan of religion in any form but acting this way to people who are is not helping.

Going to be real for a second here: There's no real way to have a discussion about reality with a religious person without being offensive.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget the Muslims! Tell us more about your sectarian brand of Islam. You are obviously right.
Do you enjoy repeating your no true Scotsman arguments or are just totally oblivious to you making them?
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 11:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be real for a second here: There's no real way to have a discussion about reality with a religious person without being offensive.

Hence my multiple pictures of the Lovecraftian themes!

Here. Have another! Elder horrors can be adorable!

[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep keepin' it real bro.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you enjoy repeating your no true Scotsman arguments or are just totally oblivious to you making them?

Do you have any other lines?
You said "common" does not mean "right" - so please enlighten me as to how when Muslims say something regarding their faith and what it teaches, you know better and are more "right".
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You said "common" does not mean "right" - so please enlighten me as to how when Muslims say something regarding their faith and what it teaches, you know better and are more "right".

/sigh

Because some Muslims believe otherwise, and your book says otherwise.

I'll take that you're both Muslim and believers, and you may not adhere to the radical sides of the doctrine, but that's not what's being discussed here.

You keep using the argument, so yes I'll keep calling you out on your fallacy as long as you keep using it. Also I said just because something is popular doesn't make it right, that being said it doesn't exclude it either.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh

Because some Muslims believe otherwise, and your book says otherwise.

I'll take that you're both Muslim and believers, and you may not adhere to the radical sides of the doctrine, but that's not what's being discussed here.

You keep using the argument, so yes I'll keep calling you out on your fallacy as long as you keep using it. Also I said just because something is popular doesn't make it right, that being said it doesn't exclude it either.

How many is some, and what does the book say about this subject?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How many is some, and what does the book say about this subject?

It was what, up to 25%? It was referenced earlier in one of these threads, too lazy to go grab it.

But it doesn't matter if it's just 1, or 1 billion really.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-23 11:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Refresh I could be on the same side as you and after reading all your posts be convinced to go join any other side than the one you're attempting to represent... that's how terrible your posts are... I'm not even sure half of them are in english and am always hoping that you're posting from a phone.

My apologies my English is from a mid Bush administration school didn't really need to use English spelling after the school system exploded.

Course that's a completely different topic.

But yeah

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

there are plenty of people who could argue for secularism Way better than me.

I suggest reading the works of the late Christopher Hitchens.

but the fact that my jumbled mess of English still makes more sense than Christianity and Islam.
There you go with your fallacy links again... lol...

I never argued that your argument was wrong but you clearly haven't put forth much of anything to convince anyone it was right... My statement was to point out how bad you are at this and how you're doing more harm than good to whatever your cause actually is... it's actually pretty hard to get what you're even arguing for as a coherent thought rarely gets into any of your posts...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 23 24 25