Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-23 20:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: You need an IQ of 140+ to do graphical stuff.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-23 20:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
You better land a 5 digits monthly salary if you want such a wife. Smart women are very hard to impress, so unless you have an amazing personality, you'll need 5 or 6 digits to be relevant.

Actually, yeah. Forget about the kids for a moment. If he can even land a woman that even fits his criteria within the next couple decades, I might begin to take the rest seriously.

Maybe we won't know the species he is looking for in our lifetime, since he is the next step of evolution already.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-23 20:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »

Advanced graphic design is a habit of higher IQ people

creative people as well can do advanced graphic design.

is all you can do is create straw man's Ccl

are going to have actual rational input
Not really. It can be seen as superfluous, or boring, or just not seen, because a hobby is personal and situational.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-23 20:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna tell you how the world work, more often than not, the high IQ people don't hit the top spot, first they don't care about high digit nor landing a woman with high salary/good job.

The first thing they are looking for is social recognition SPECIALLY if you had shitty education like you're claiming to have, ussually in compagny, it's person able to use those high IQ person that get all the profit cause if you have high IQ you're beyond that.

You're story make ZERO sense, you wanna know why? Cause either you went to shitty learning school and you landed a silly bachelor in let's say biochemistry and you think you're worthless cause you find EVERYTHING you do so easy that you believe everyone can do it and therefore you lack self confidence so you can't land a well paid job etc.

You also can't fit in a group and you don't know why since you went to shitty school so you don't know you're a genius; so as a kid you play dumb and act as a clown to fit with kid that learn slower than you.

If you're lucky; someone you'll meet someone with high IQ somewhere along the way and he'll notice you're different, special and he'll explain you why, then you can leave with it and accept you're different.

The other side of the story is you were in a rich familly, went to private school and got detected early, but since you claim you had a bad schooling/environment it is too late for you to land a 140 IQ woman with a good salary/job.

I'm sorry that I busted your bubble.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-23 21:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Charity transcends religion. I help you when you're in a jam, you feel good that someone took their time to help you.

Love transcends religion. People meet, form attachments and a mutual understanding of eachother. Bonds that can be fleeting or last a lifetime.

Humor transcends religion. Someone gets caught in the rain, we all laugh at someone elses misery. Then we fetch them a towel so they don't catch cold.

Respect transcends religion. The Golden Rule is literally in every religion on the planet. Do you like being punched in the ***? No? Don't punch others in the ***.

Friendship transcends religion. We like fishing? Cool, lets be friends and go on adventures trying to snag the big one.

Honor transcends religion. Do you protect those who can't protect themselves? Go out of your way to save someone from a fire? Help little old ladies cross the street? Carry water for others?

Do you enjoy pleasant days? The ability to partake in recreation and enjoy the planet for the brief moment we exist on it? You enjoy peace. Now fetch me your cultures traditional snack for pleasant days.
Islam has been preaching all those, and some more, for over 14 centuries. That's why we freaking love it!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-23 21:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
i never done an iq test before and i've been around a c average all my life cuz dat ok.

also, it wasn't till about 4 years ago that i started to care about the things around me which turned out for me to be about 25.

IDK. Awareness of your IQ might be a double-edged sword in some cases. I've seen people IRL who wear it like a sash and tiara.

In college, it seemed like the ones who touted Mensa status were the ones who were the most (not sure how to phrase this without offending)...maladjusted? If that's the only accomplishment you have to tout, but you're completely inept in social situations, or might be lacking just enough couth and sympathy/empathy...It's a toss up. It makes it harder to identify with people on a base level, and that could very well be hindering them. (Not all, just saying...)

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

Totally unrelated, but you were on Caitsith beforehand. I know you keep reminding me that "Zahrah" is Arabic for "flower", but I distinctly remember you stopping me in "/tell" on route to Jeuno, telling me that. I just never think to mention this when it's brought up, or it's so far gone in a thread that I don't feel like bumping for whatever reason (most likely it went to ***).
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-23 21:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Charity transcends religion. I help you when you're in a jam, you feel good that someone took their time to help you.

Love transcends religion. People meet, form attachments and a mutual understanding of eachother. Bonds that can be fleeting or last a lifetime.

Humor transcends religion. Someone gets caught in the rain, we all laugh at someone elses misery. Then we fetch them a towel so they don't catch cold.

Respect transcends religion. The Golden Rule is literally in every religion on the planet. Do you like being punched in the ***? No? Don't punch others in the ***.

Friendship transcends religion. We like fishing? Cool, lets be friends and go on adventures trying to snag the big one.

Honor transcends religion. Do you protect those who can't protect themselves? Go out of your way to save someone from a fire? Help little old ladies cross the street? Carry water for others?

Do you enjoy pleasant days? The ability to partake in recreation and enjoy the planet for the brief moment we exist on it? You enjoy peace. Now fetch me your cultures traditional snack for pleasant days.
Islam has been preaching all those, and some more, for over 14 centuries. That's why we freaking love it!

Common social sense has been preaching it for centuries too without the man flying up to heaven on a flying horse part! Wow there's so much in common apart from the mythical parts!
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-23 21:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Totally unrelated, but you were on Caitsith beforehand. I know you keep reminding me that "Zahrah" is Arabic for "flower", but I distinctly remember you stopping me in "/tell" on route to Jeuno, telling me that. I just never think to mention this, when it's brought up, or it's so far gone in a thread that I don't feel like bumping for whatever reason (most likely it went to ***).
I was on Phoenix before I moved to Ragnarok. Never was on Caitsith. Must be someone else!
I did mention what your name means in Arabic in a thread not so long ago though.

Asura.Triffle said: »
Common social sense has been preaching it for centuries too without the man flying up to heaven on a flying horse part! Wow there's so much in common apart from the mythical parts!
Common social sense? That humanity has been adopting since time immemorial?
Yeah, let's rely on that. Good luck with that bro.
By fonewear 2014-09-23 21:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the OP, then jumped to the final page...

What the heck is going on

See that is the problem you are reading...
By fonewear 2014-09-23 21:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of IQ:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-23 21:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to note though, that the OP asked a specific question about 2 seemingly-conflicting texts, so the answers should try to be specific about clarifying what those texts mean, instead of generic apologetic "no no islam doesn't want to kill the non-believers!". It will always be perceived as a sidestepping attempt and won't really resolve the contradiction.

Blazed did a fine job, but it wasn't till the 8th page or so.

EDIT: Also, I'm not saying that the OP should absolutely not post here, but it'll be much more efficient for your time to go ask your question on a mainstream muslim website such as this and see how they answer it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 21:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said:
I am very inadequate I understand my flaws and don't have an ego.
You can't spend 90% of the time talking about how superior your intellect is and then claim you don't have an ego.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 21:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said:
I am very inadequate I understand my flaws and don't have an ego.
You can't spend 90% of the time talking about how superior your intellect is and then claim you don't have an ego.

Maybe too much id and not enough superego.

In other words my only flaw is...I have no flaws.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-23 22:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally unrelated, but you were on Caitsith beforehand. I know you keep reminding me that "Zahrah" is Arabic for "flower", but I distinctly remember you stopping me in "/tell" on route to Jeuno, telling me that. I just never think to mention this, when it's brought up, or it's so far gone in a thread that I don't feel like bumping for whatever reason (most likely it went to ***).
I was on Phoenix before I moved to Ragnarok. Never was on Caitsith. Must be someone else!

My mistake. I could have sworn it was someone with a "Z" name, but either way, I've always thought it was a pretty name for the sake of life connotations, Greek and Arabic.

Greek - Little light

Arabic - Flower

I've thought about that name with a daughter, but I think I've wasted it on something as insignificant as a in-game avatar. It's still really nice. I wasted Lorelei with my first character on FFXI too. So, oh well!

EDIT: In retrospect, I'm glad I never used my names for a boy character. One of my favorites that I could put on the table was kept safe. LOL!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-23 22:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just back read the last 4 pages... was I forcibly converted to Islam now?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 22:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

No, Fonewear showed up. You're now converted to feminism.

Edit: Strike that, it's now called Feminislam.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-23 22:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we're both Z's so we should get along well!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-23 22:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Fonewear showed up. You're now converted to feminism.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 22:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I love all the ism's racism fascism terrorism sexism and so on !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-23 22:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Feminislam.
How does that work?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 22:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Feminislam.
How does that work?

Burqas are now a symbol of empowerment. Wear it loud and proud, sister!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 22:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sexy and I'm covered !

[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-23 22:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »

Advanced graphic design is a habit of higher IQ people

creative people as well can do advanced graphic design.

is all you can do is create straw man's Ccl

are going to have actual rational input
Not really. It can be seen as superfluous, or boring, or just not seen, because a hobby is personal and situational.

See Senkyuutai this is why you're the smart one on the forums instead of creating straw man's to attack you actually examine the situation and come to an understanding.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Was this result from a certified test that you take from a mental health institute or was this the result from an IQ test taken randomly on the internet?

Yes I'm certified it was actually 135 but considering my environment factors have improved greatly along with my education and other factors I'm making the assumption that it has risen to 140.

I have also improved my eating habits to be more advanced.
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-23 22:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I did mention what your name means in Arabic in a thread not so long ago though.

Asura.Triffle said: »
Common social sense? That humanity has been adopting since time immemorial?
Yeah, let's rely on that. Good luck with that bro.

Instead we shall rely on books that contain more fiction than Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone! Great idea! Though on the other hand I prefer my lord and savior to be the Doctor.

[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 22:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Feminislam.
How does that work?

Burqas are now a symbol of empowerment. Wear it loud and proud, sister!

True feminists attract men with their eyes only.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25