First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-06 13:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
It doesn't specify which God. and we only shake hands with the pope.
we pray in congress but its only out of tradition
>"we don't ask you to know what you pray/believe in, just do it"
>only shaking hands with the pope
>meaning that you automatically see his religion as the default one
>meaning that in the mind of the average American, this religion and no other is in mind
>this would explain the blind hate toward Islam (you very well know that the huge majority of haters are blind about the topic, same goes in every country, not only the USA) and the amalgam that are legion, on this forum/in this thread for example (because unlike "us", the average American has no idea what muslims are)
>this would explain how a guy saying Chanti's line at school is seen as a role model while a Buddhist saying the same thing is laughed at
>we pray out of tradition
>meanwhile other countries that are officially separated from religion don't because they updated their traditions

History taught governments to not sit on two chairs at once. This is why the EU governments updated and still update themselves so much while the USA seems to still be stuck in 1776. This whole argument going against what is written on your notes, pledge of allegiance and so on is merely hypocrisy. Accept what you are, you aren't like us, just accept it until, if it happens, your government takes the step. Hint: it will never happen.

This goes back to my line:
Quote:
Talk about hypocrisy? May want to lay low on that one. Your country has more examples about religious fanatical idiots than the middle east, do you even realize that? Just because they do not kill people does not make them any less of what they are: religious fanatics.

Seriously, do not even talk against religion if you're from the US, it's full hypocrisy. If you disliked religious fanatics, you'd have changed country, no joke.
You could even go further and apply this logic to the USA army and simply see every single of their killing spree as a cleansing crusade in the name of God and their country.

As soon as you link religion and your country and its actions, no matter what a non-religious citizen will say or think, the country will be religious by default.
The USA is literally not different from any of the muslim countries being ***talked if we want to talk about blood baths, fanaticals and the fact that the state is literally religious and not just in tradition.
By volkom 2014-10-06 14:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The documents that were written are living documents open to interpretation at the present. Thats what makes the country unique and at the same time causes a clusterfuck of confusion at times. Its the laws and rights we believe in that the country was founded upon and that traditions that arose from that time we still to an extent practice today.
Sure we can update the laws/completely change them to be more in place with modern times and we do that constantly with different acts and other stuff. and it always causes shitstorms because they are constantly in interference with the values we believe in.

religion in the constitution
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 14:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You also forgot something volkom.

In this country, it isn't a capital offence to believe in a different religion that is state sponsored or not believe in one at all.

Heck, most people here don't give a flying *** what religion you are in, as long as you don't preach it in our faces.

You believe in Allah? Good for you, now go away.
You believe in Jesus? Good for you, now go away.
You believe in Thor? Good for you, now go away.
You believe in Cthulhu? Good for you, now go away.

See a trend?
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-06 14:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You also forgot something volkom.

In this country, it isn't a capital offence to believe in a different religion that is state sponsored or not believe in one at all.

Heck, most people here don't give a flying *** what religion you are in, as long as you don't preach it in our faces.

You believe in Allah? Good for you, now go away.
You believe in Jesus? Good for you, now go away.
You believe in Thor? Good for you, now go away.

See a trend?
ISIS is your benchmark?
Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected much to start with.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 14:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't make me have to pull quotes from the Qur'an again showing that it's perfectly ok to stone non-believers to death.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-06 14:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-06 14:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'll go. But sending me away won't save you from the release of madness.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-06 14:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't make me have to pull quotes from the Qur'an again showing that it's perfectly ok to stone non-believers to death.

You did like in 3 thread already and in all those 3 thread people on this website explained you it was wrong, also it wasn't Quran quote.

I'm down for another 100 page but find new material at least :(
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-06 14:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
The documents that were written are living documents open to interpretation at the present. Thats what makes the country unique and at the same time causes a clusterfuck of confusion at times. Its the laws and rights we believe in that the country was founded upon and that traditions that arose from that time we still to an extent practice today.
Sure we can update the laws/completely change them to be more in place with modern times and we do that constantly with different acts and other stuff. and it always causes shitstorms because they are constantly in interference with the values we believe in.

religion in the constitution

open to change by amending it, not changing the meaning on a whim by untouchable judges*
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 14:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

You did like in 3 thread already and in all those 3 thread people on this website explained you it was wrong, also it wasn't Quran quote.

No, you and a few others tried to defend it but could not when I pointed out that the Qur'an (which came from the website that publishes the entire "holy book" in English) specifically stated such.

That's like I'm saying that a book said "dogs are evil" and referenced it, and you state that the book isn't saying that "dogs are evil" but it means that "cats are evil," which it clearly did not state that.

Sometimes your blind ignorance is amusing, sometimes not. This is one that it's amusing.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-06 14:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Abrahamic "holy" texts are all really self damning and not to mention contradictory, but it's cute and sad to watch the apologists at play.

inb4 "allegory"
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-06 15:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-06 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you and a few others tried to defend it but could not when I pointed out that the Qur'an (which came from the website that publishes the entire "holy book" in English) specifically stated such.

That's like I'm saying that a book said "dogs are evil" and referenced it, and you state that the book isn't saying that "dogs are evil" but it means that "cats are evil," which it clearly did not state that.

Sometimes your blind ignorance is amusing, sometimes not. This is one that it's amusing.

Hadith =/= Quran but ok.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-06 15:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny enough if I made a dig at Muhammad like that Jesus dig above I'd probably get a free ticket to a fatwa and a summary execution. Tolerance, peace, understanding and a beheading.

Worse still if I drew a picture and put it up well.. everyone'd lose their MINDS!

And yes, I know the average Muslim doesn't give a ***if I decided to make a dig at your prophets expense but in the West when we're too afraid to offend Islam even in jest, that says alot about the global image of said religion.

I can insult Buddha, Jesus, Cthulu and Jews wandering around the desert looking for infinite mako energy but hands off my prophet!
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-06 15:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

>taking religious texts as something more than common sense lessons

I don't know, when my muslim friend tells me about what the Coran says or someone else tells me about what the holy bible say, they usually always talk to me about those very interesting stories that make you think twice about life. They never wasted their time talking to me about the rape thing above.

Maybe there is a reason to them doing so.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Funny enough if I made a dig at Muhammad like that Jesus dig above I'd probably get a free ticket to a fatwa and a summary execution. Tolerance, peace, understanding and a beheading.

Worse still if I drew a picture and put it up well.. everyone'd lose their MINDS!

And yes, I know the average Muslim doesn't give a ***if I decided to make a dig at your prophets expense but in the West when we're too afraid to offend Islam even in jest, that says alot about the global image of said religion.

I can insult Buddha, Jesus, Cthulu and Jews wandering around the desert looking for infinite mako energy but hands off my prophet!
Yeah, that's one thing that makes no sense to me.

In France we make fun of everything, starting by ourselves. So when this guy made a drawing of the Mahomet and his life was threatened, I thought "what the *** is wrong with you people?".

People really need to learn not to pay attention when someone does something insignificant.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-06 15:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

looking for infinite mako energy
Just need a couple of magnets, a pin and send it into space. Boom, infinite energy. [citation needed]
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-06 15:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I already did so at least twice, don't waste your time.

I take it the "average muslim" to you is similar to "the average Christian". Yeah no.
Any "true" muslim (hope Jet bites) would be offended if you insult the prophet.
Why does it itch you so bad that you wanna "insult" religious figures anyways?
Glad you said "insult" yourself
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-06 15:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

By maldini 2014-10-07 02:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Get it! show me where the Quran says to "stone" infidels.
By maldini 2014-10-07 02:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really true. If the masses feel insulted because you're attacking their faith that's something else.

But do me a favor, go to France, Paris and walk out in the street and go to a police officer and say "I doubt the holocaust. I believe it didn't happen"

Enjoy 5 years in prison.
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-07 02:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And we've told you before - ALL MUSLIMS do give a ***if you make a "dig" at the prophet. Why can't you understand we are not a culture of mockery and pissing on people's beliefs?
If you think there is 1 adult muslim in the world who would sit and let you mock the prophet infront of them, you're gravely mistaken. So why do you want to poke the Bee's hive? Just because its cool?
By Voren 2014-10-07 02:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
Why can't you understand we are not a culture of allowing other people to mock and piss on our beliefs as we do everyone else's?

ftfy
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-07 02:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't want people to mock you for your beliefs? then don't tell others what they are and then they won't talk about them.

Then again (most likely) if indoctrination ceased religion as we know it would all but cease, and be dwindled down to isolated cults that would go back to fighting amongst themselves for power and dominance, or just kill themselves en masse. Let's try it and see if I'm right.
By maldini 2014-10-07 03:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Why can't you understand we are not a culture of allowing other people to mock and piss on our beliefs as we do everyone else's?

ftfy

You are extremely mistaken. How can we piss on other's beliefs when they believe the same thing we do?

We believe in Jesus, Abraham, Mosses, Eizekiel, John the Baptist, the disciples, David and Solomon, Noah, Adam.... They are all in our religion and disbelieving in them or insulting ANY of them is the same as insulting Mohammed SAWS.

The Noble Quran:
Sahih International
"And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."
By voiceless 2014-10-07 05:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The Quran never Stated that the Dog is evil There is a hadith that states the saliva of the dog is only dirty and not all Hadiths are Correct. Therefor you have to cleanse yourself with the practice of wuthu if you touched the mouth of a dog by any means. The Cave men had a Dog and its stated in the Quran clearly about the Cavemen and their Dog. The Prophet Muhammad Had a saluki Dog. The Bedouin Majority had a Saluki Dog that also sleeps in the tent. I thought this was an Islamic state Thread (which is not Islamic) not a cultural Bashing and religious insults to believers might as well call this Bashing other cultures and Religons

NOT ONLY People like you have Distorted and Rewritten OUR HISTORY but are now moving deeper to our Believes?
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-07 07:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

voiceless said: »

The Quran never Stated that the Dog is evil There is a hadith that states the saliva of the dog is only dirty and not all Hadiths are Correct. Therefor you have to cleanse yourself with the practice of wuthu if you touched the mouth of a dog by any means. The Cave men had a Dog and its stated in the Quran clearly about the Cavemen and their Dog. The Prophet Muhammad Had a saluki Dog. The Bedouin Majority had a Saluki Dog that also sleeps in the tent. I thought this was an Islamic state Thread (which is not Islamic) not a cultural Bashing and religious insults to believers might as well call this Bashing other cultures and Religons

NOT ONLY People like you have Distorted and Rewritten OUR HISTORY but are now moving deeper to our Believes?

This is obviously aimed at Kingofsh!t, not Ccl.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-07 08:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's here for you when you're ready to set aside your quibbling over lesser, Earthly religions and realize that the only answer is to serve the Elder Gods.

Just sayin'.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 09:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Get it! show me where the Quran says to "stone" infidels.
Here you go.

Quote:
Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) stoned (to death) a person from Banu Aslam, and a Jew and his wife.

And before you get all huffy, it does specifically state and separates out Jewish people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 09:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

voiceless said: »

You need to take your medication. You are starting to sound like Senkyuu.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2014-10-07 09:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ "religion of peace"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14