First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 12:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Bah. I'm letting myself get drawn into religious discussions again. Slapping my own hand. Back to Cthulhu.

Come on man, we all know Cthulhu has nothing over the flying Spaghetti Monster from outer space!

By Ramyrez 2014-10-07 13:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep pushing for the FSM when I've tried repeatedly to explain to you that the "FSM" is merely the primative misinterpretation of Yog-Sothoth.

As it was written

Quote:
It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self—not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep—the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as YOG-SOTHOTH, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yuggoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign...

He's allowed himself to be misinterpreted so as to allow mankind to forget the real, wonderous horror that lives just beyond their plane of the universe...for now...
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-10-07 13:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Christians/Athiests teaching Muslims how to read and translate the Quran, what's new here lol
Well you guys seem to be confused as to what it says.

Lol ok.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 13:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, you are way into this.

Fine, how about Zuul?

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 13:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, it's everyone's favorite Muslim patsy, Dubai!
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-07 13:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think it's bad no one is sending troop, it will just be easier for them to get more people to join them.

"See, we're making progress even if they bomb us, god is with us they can't beat us"
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-10-07 13:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I ain't your patsy friend!
By Ramyrez 2014-10-07 13:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, you are way into this.

Fine, how about Zuul?

I substitute facetiousness about Cthulhu any time I feel otherwise compelled to get involved in religious discussion and feel some levity would help instead. Or whenever else I feel like it, really.

I am a Lovecraft fan, though. So...it's easy to keep it going.

As for Zuul...

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 13:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I ain't your friend pal!
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-07 13:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I substitute facetiousness about Cthulhu any time I feel otherwise compelled to get involved in religious discussion and feel some levity would help instead. Or whenever else I feel like it, really.

As for Zuul...
The invisible pink unicorn is where it's at.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-07 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Get out of here with your fictional rubbish and behold the true face of God:

ALL HAIL PUTINCLES.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 13:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

As for Zuul...
The invisible pink unicorn is where it's at.

lol @ logic in religion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-07 13:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tides go in, tides go out - you can't explain that!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-10-07 13:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I ain't your friend pal!

I ain't your pal buddy!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 13:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I ain't your friend pal!

I ain't your pal buddy!
I ain't your buddy, jackass!
By Ramyrez 2014-10-07 13:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Get out of here with your fictional rubbish and behold the true face of God:

ALL HAIL PUTINCLES.

Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-07 13:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, the Holocaust comparison right on cue. Sorry dude, it doesn't compare because you're free to make light of the Holocaust pretty much anywhere as much as any other atrocity and while you will ruffle feathers, you aren't going to be executed or murdered for it. People will look down on you, call it tasteless, shake their heads, haul you off the streets and/or facepalm but you ain't getting murdered for holocaust denial.

Again, I just poked fun at Jesus above and while I'm sure some people would Q.Q that someone defaced a pamphet of Jesus, the chances of being murdered for it are overall low. Unless you're deep in the Bible Belt with the Jesus freaks safely kept in check with diabetes, arthritis and chronic poverty. Thank God for alcohol.

So put on that Nazi/Red Army regalia and get rekt by someone who rightfully thinks of you as a shitstirrer the same way I imagine walking into a Mosque armed with a number of pictures of Muhammad would go down but don't compare the two. I'm not going into 'sacred ground' and making a joke, it's simply the prospect of in any way insulting Muhammad that comes with a death warrant attached to it.

But keep apologizing for extremists though. Guy makes fun of your prophet and the prescription is death! How 600AD of you.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that anyone is condoning the death threats.

Getting offended is one thing, how you react is something else.

Nobody is condoning violent outbursts or death threats. Many people have spoken against them and advised Muslims to exercise self-control. Muslims have the right to express their disapproval in non-violent manners.

Idk what your obsession with "I want to joke about everything" is (does everything need to be the subject of South park level of retard?), but no, no Muslim would see the prophet insulted (it's totally different than criticism and academic debate) and be like oh ok it's everyday life, Christians accept the same about Jesus so about time we do, too!
God, religion and prophets(including Jesus) are not topics we joke about. Try to comprehend that rather than force your own tasteless PoV on 1.8 billion people, and move on.

Respect others' beliefs as long as they don't infringe your rights. Freedom of speech =/= freedom to insult, it's not constructive.

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Religion is something personal
Depends on the religion & society. I mean Shinto in Japan nowadays isn't exactly like Islam in..Kuwait?
Maybe you're talking about secular society, but Islam isn't something personal, it's a way of life. A lot of the west's misunderstandings stem from their inability to grasp that (as they compare it to Christianity and Christians - that's what I meant by average Christian =/= average Muslim earlier).

Having an opinion and finding it wrong is fine, I will agree that going out of your way to insult someone isn't smart, but reacting angrily and/or violently to it isn't a good idea in the slightest.
If you deeply love your father, hold the utmost respect for him, wouldn't it bother you if it becomes a habit for people to ridicule him on a daily basis just'cuz?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-07 13:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have made some popcorn before backreading.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 13:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I mean Shinto in Japan nowadays isn't exactly like Islam in..Kuwait?
Japan isn't exactly a good example of religious beliefs, when over half of the country are atheists.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-07 14:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Religion is something personal
Depends on the religion & society. I mean Shinto in Japan nowadays isn't exactly like Islam in..Kuwait?
Maybe you're talking about secular society, but Islam isn't something personal, it's a way of life. A lot of the west's misunderstandings stem from their inability to grasp that (as they compare it to Christianity and Christians - that's what I meant by average Christian =/= average Muslim earlier).

Having an opinion and finding it wrong is fine, I will agree that going out of your way to insult someone isn't smart, but reacting angrily and/or violently to it isn't a good idea in the slightest.
If you deeply love your father, hold the utmost respect for him, wouldn't it bother you if it becomes a habit for people to ridicule him on a daily basis just'cuz?
It doesn't matter if it's a way of life or not, really, that's missing the point.

The point is: it literally doesn't matter.

Being angry about such trivial and superfluous thing as a random person who usually has no idea insulting your way of life is a lack of wisdom, understanding, open mindedness and patience.
No matter how you put it, as soon as you react in a violent way, you are basically, if I understand it correctly, failing to live the way you have choosen by living as a muslim.

Now, there are situation that we will "forgive", I've already mentioned it, regarding your family and what not. But still, in the end, your reaction is wrong toward your own lifestyle and faith.

There is a point in life where you grow up and start to think about everything that happens to you and start to give it various degree of importance. Is it important to threaten to kill, kill or even harm someone who insulted your lifestyle? Is it a good idea? Is it going to solve your feeling of being hurt?

It's as simple as that. There is always a way to answer people, and walking away and ignoring them is one of them. Why would you answer idiocy in real life is beyond me. Time is way too important to waste it over such small things. Sure for you it's not small, and that is precisely the issue.

Just because you love something to death doesn't mean you have to make bad choices to "defend" it.
Do you think it looks better to threaten, kill or harm someone who insulted your religion or to simply laugh it off and ignore that person? There is one side that will make you look like butthurt, dangerous people and an amalgam will be born, and there is one that will make people think "oh ***, that's some patience right here, respect".

Why do you think people make an amalgam about muslims? As much as being ignorant is a good reason as to why, it's not only that, it's also because some people that are muslim didn't learn to not care about what is insignificant.

I'm not religious myself, but I still follow a specific lifestyle. If someone was to insult it, I wouldn't give a ***. At most I'd make a verbal jab back, that's it.

The bottom line is, do not complain that people make amalgams if you give them the opportunity to. Unless Islam specifically says to not rise above idiocy and to dive into it, there is absolutely no reason to be butthurt over a drawing or words.

A drawing in itself is a joke, it's not an insult. Just because you feel offended or see it as an insult doesn't make it one. Patience and learning what is important is key to react to things in life.

My country is made fun of daily on these forums. Would I get violent over it? Would I threaten someone? No, I wouldn't. All I do is make fun of the ignorants that are usually responsible for the attacks. It's harmless, and I do it specifically because I have time to spare.
If I didn't have time to spare, I'd do what I'm supposed to to and ignore them completely.

In my eyes, people who get buttflustered over religious attacks are childish. I've met enough muslims who are patient as *** to at least say that not all muslims are like that.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2014-10-07 15:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm an atheist because I have daddy issues? Really?
No, but you must put religion down because you have daddy issues.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-07 15:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-07 15:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's like saying I don't like artichokes cause my shirt is pink.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 15:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I put down religion also, do I have daddy issues too?
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2014-10-07 15:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like the butthurt extremist Muslims you too can't take a joke. But since you've chosen to dwell on it, the Bible Belt is plagued with all of those things and nothing I said there was a complete fabrication. The belt is poorer, more prone to chronic disease and has an alcohol / substance abuse problem that could make Long Island (peace be onto it) blush. But like I said, joking.

Also, just like the Biblical crusaders of old for you to make comparisons of brute strength as some grandiose position of superiority. A pity your brute strength bends its knee to bankers, politicians, business leaders and other people who honestly couldn't give a ***how many footballs you can spike into the ground.
Let me spell it out since you seem to be hard of thinking:
Show me stats that show that the Bible Belt is less healthy and/or more alcoholic than the rest of the country. Also keep in mind that diabetes affects blacks more than anyone else, and the blackest states are in the South, so make sure that we are comparing apples to apples.
I was not comparing brute force, per se, but rebutting your assertion that but for the pervasive frailty of the people in nthe Bible Belt, we would be stoning people like you. An absurd allegation, a false comparison of Christianity to Islam, and overall just a stupid thing to say.
As for "taking a joke", that wasn't a joke, but an insult. It wasn't a friendly dig, it was your prejudice and quite frankly a mockery of the infirm, and as a doctor and an arthritic, I find that position particularly distasteful. Btw, arthritis or not, I can whoop some ***.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2014-10-07 15:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think anyone that sets out to belittle people for believing in God has deeper issues. I have seen nothing in you that indicates that.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-07 15:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So much hate on here!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 15:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think anyone that sets out to belittle people for believing in God have deeper issues. I have seen nothing in you that indicates that.
Ramyrez and I are alike when it comes to religion.

We aren't against it. We just don't believe in it.

Neither of us attacks any religion, just some of the teachings that radicals not only believe in, but deny the existence of bad teachings in their own holy books.

Some people may attack religions, but it's not out of "daddy issues" but in reality they just don't believe in it or are so firmly set in their own beliefs that anything you say is wrong and *** you for having ideas outside their own. That's a whole different set of issues there bub.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2014-10-07 15:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think anyone that sets out to belittle people for believing in God have deeper issues. I have seen nothing in you that indicates that.
Ramyrez and I are alike when it comes to religion.

We aren't against it. We just don't believe in it.

Neither of us attacks any religion, just some of the teachings that radicals not only believe in, but deny the existence of bad teachings in their own holy books.

Some people may attack religions, but it's not out of "daddy issues" but in reality they just don't believe in it or are so firmly set in their own beliefs that anything you say is wrong and *** you for having ideas outside their own. That's a whole different set of issues there bub.
That's why I don't equate atheism to daddy issues. I equate assholish atheistic evangelism with daddy issues. I can totally understand and respect someone who just doesn't believe, but that respect fades away quickly if it is not returned.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-07 15:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, is having daddy issues supposed to be insulting?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14