Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 14:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
When you're all under my Infinite Tsukiyomi they'll be peace.
I'll power of friendship you so hard..!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-18 14:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
Hey, it's that blame the US excuse that pops up every so often. Because Bin Laden and the ISIS leadership weren't radicalized before the US gave them some funding.

They were always Radical. Every society, region, culture and religion has radical elements. What sets them apart is that they have American made weapons and they're using them.

Give the same weapons to some ultra right wing militias in the US and you will see fireworks.

And the global recruiting drive? Was that American too? Al Qaeda in Iraq was a thing before Assad was a thing and the group splintered off due to ideological differences. They were still organized, very much so still radical and had these designs long before any CIA goons tried to turn them against Bashar Al-Assad. I concede that giving them weapons, Humvees and other equipment is my government acting like a bunch of dumbfucks once again.

We learned nothing from Bin Laden.

These cretin are a threat to all civilized society and their rapid gains are both a result of a destabilized Syria thanks to the civil war there thanks to decades of tyrannical Assad family rule and the destabilization of Iraq which is a result of Sunni/Shia divides that long predate any Western intervention. Islam is at war with itself and all I need to do is look at facebook and watch the ignorance unfold. It's tribalism layered upon modern conflicts layered upon American interference.

To say it's all the CIAs fault or the West is to ignore the multi-faceted problem that births international movements like this one.
I agree with 90% of this. These issues are ancient. Especially the Shiaa/Sunni divide. But until recently, they never experienced this kind of outright hostility and warfare towards each other. There was no inquisition or counter-reformation equivalent until the Shah became a tyrant due to US backing, which created the ideal environment for a revolution; A shia Revolution.
The fact that Saudi Arabia was a US ally is the main reason the Iranians hate the Arabs and Sunnis as much as they do today.

Even Collin Powel apologized for getting it wrong with regards to Saddam Hussain and Al Qaeda. Ba'athist Iraq has zero tolerance for Al Qaeda and they had no foothold in Iraq, even after the 1991 Gulf War.

They gained a foothold in Iraq only after the 2003 war.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 14:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
When you're all under my Infinite Tsukiyomi they'll be peace.
I'll power of friendship you so hard..!
Talk no-jutsu!
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-18 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

How do you pass judgment on 1.6 billion based on the acts of less than 50,000 who have lived in a state of perpetual war for the past 20 years?
I'm not, I'm passing judgement on your shitty religion. Not to mention your assertion by that statement is ludicrous.
It isn't demonstrably shittier, as a religion, than any other of the large denominations.
You tend to see radicalism/extremism/fanaticism pop up pretty much in any power structure or organization.
Judging solely based on extremes is a bad policy.

Also, to keep things fair:
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Al Queda didn't fly a plain
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 14:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

*** me.

Homonym dyslexia strikes again.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 14:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

How do you pass judgment on 1.6 billion based on the acts of less than 50,000 who have lived in a state of perpetual war for the past 20 years?
I'm not, I'm passing judgement on your shitty religion. Not to mention your assertion by that statement is ludicrous.
It isn't demonstrably shittier, as a religion, than any other of the large denominations.
You tend to see radicalism/extremism/fanaticism pop up pretty much in any power structure or organization.
Judging solely based on extremes is a bad policy.
Oh, if that was the jist you got from that, then I apologize as they're equally shitty.

I'm not judging on extremes but by their own literature.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 15:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
you can't compromise with fanatical terrorism.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 15:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
you can't compromise with gay fascism.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
you can't compromise with Fabulous Fanatical gay fascism.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-18 15:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Isis didn't attack where I live either, so that's not the point.

edit: @Ramyrez

Err...no. I realize that.

I just mean that even compared to 13 years ago we get information so much faster, and in much greater quantity.

I'm just saying I don't think they're necessary any "worse" (not to say they're not bad enough as it is); just that you just get much more coming down the pipeline in information.

As bad as Al Qaeda are/were, ISIS is much worse.
The situation in Iraq needs to be resolved ASAP.

An element such as ISIS is actually a threat to world security.

Turkey and Qatar continue to support them covertly with big money and big weapons. Turkey doesn't want any more kurdish growth or a kurdish state, Qatar wants to see an end to Shiaa persecution of Sunnis in Iraq, and Alawai persecution of Sunni's in Syria.

Egypt could very easily be dragged into this war if Saudi Arabia and the GCC get any more involved.

You would have a 3 sided war between Egypt and the Gulf states - Qatar on side, Iran, Syria back by Russia on the other side, Qatar , Turkey and Pakistan on the other side.

ISIS forces took the Syrian / Turkey border today. They have taken parts of Southern Lebanon and have stated clearly they intend to wipe out Hezbullah and then make a run towards Tel Aviv.

Yeah this ***is messy
Al Qaeda is a joke compared to this mess.

Oh and I completely forgot about the Muslim Brotherhood or the Houthies in Yemen.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 15:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more worried about some idiots in a radicalized mosque deciding to show their support here in the states by grabbing and executing some random people.

One because it'll put all Muslims in a dark light and two because it's exactly what ISIS wants - people to make loud and spectacular shows of fanaticism in counter to Al Qaedas scheming in the dark.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 15:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So how long before we're side by side with Al Qaeda fighting the IS? Lets just bring this whole crazy political / religious conflict up to the next level.

If Bin Laden were alive maybe he'd be throwing his support behind the Great Satan itself if it meant keeping his organization relevant. Man we could use Saddaam Hussain right now. Anyone versed in necromancy?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 15:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's another point of interest though, among the things I meant in my earlier post. This group appeals a lot more than Al-Q ever did.

Must be facebook!

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 15:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So how long before we're side by side with Al Qaeda fighting the IS?
The branch of Yemen, Maghreb and...um, forgot what other place, are already supporting them and are rallying the other groups to join in the fray too to vanquish US&frans.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 15:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They appeal more because they're not hiding in the dark. IS is loud, proud and not afraid to recruit beta males looking to make something of their lives for Allah their own egos.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 15:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
then make a run towards Tel Aviv.

I don't see that going well for them.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 15:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Israel is going to unleash a can of Yahweh on them. Make a run on Spain or something, you might get Cordoba back.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 15:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Israel is going to unleash a can of Yahweh on them. Make a run on Spain or something, you might get Cordoba back.

I'd rather get Qdoba than Cordoba
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-18 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Israel has military superiority over every nation within the region. But it would be hard pressed to fight a guerrilla war against ISIS. They always loose vs Hezbullah, and ISIS have demonstrated they are superior to any group within the region.

4 days ago the Peshmerga, the most well armed faction in Iraq, heavily backed by the US, had ISIS at bay. Just today, the Peshmerga made an appeal to the US for arms AND troops.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 15:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

People seriously underestimated how crazy Iran is.
Sadam kept them at bay. Now the world has to deal with the Iranian Shiaa Revolution.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 15:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the US, Israel isn't prepared for asymmetrical warfare but who is really? I think the idea of them running on Tel Aviv in an attempt to take the city is an exercise in being crushed militarily.

Terorist attacks and harassing the government through a thousand cuts? A different story altogether.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 15:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the idea of them running on Tel Aviv in an attempt to take the city is an exercise in being crushed militarily.
Haven't people learned anything from Napoleon yet? Keep your conquests, don't go for the giant!
By Enuyasha 2014-09-18 15:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

*** me.

The worst terrorist islamist weapon ever.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 15:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And in our infinite wisdom, Man used sticks as a means to create armed conflict with others, spreading great religions across that land, telling each other, that it was God who said "thou shalt be kind to thy neighbor, and push each other on the swings of hope and the teeter totter of happiness
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 15:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

*** me.

The worst terrorist islamist weapon ever.
Fixed that for you.
Understand what motivates them and why they are like this.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 15:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, at the terrorist apologist, it is amusing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-18 15:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh..what motivates Isis is bloodlust.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10