First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-21 08:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
You're the childish one if you think there's no instance where war isn't the only option.
All right.

What if tomorrow, every single country from Asia, the Middle East and Europe (let's just say every single country with economical influence and nuclear/man power) suddenly decrete that the USA is a war zone and that it will be eradicated in the near future if it doesn't change its way of being within 2 weeks.

So, your country is a war zone. There will be a huge panic wave first, and then there may be some bombing or mass killing from underground people supporting those countries. Then, your country is bombed, they don't care what they bomb, they just bomb your whole country because they can.

What goes through your mind at that moment?
>"we are the great US of A, they can't attack us lol"
>"we are the great US of A, I have a gun to defend myself lol"
>"they'll pay for it, I don't know how, but they'll pay"

I guess? Or do you just swallow the pill, get killed or not then go on living your life "peacefully"?

Would you rather avoid this situation at all by finding a different way (because there are), or would you welcome the bombing of your country and your *** with open arms because "it can't be helped"?

You are right on one thing: the war on Middle East isn't avoidable because the USA want to control that stuff and will not stop under any circumstance (they'll just delay it, see what Obama did last year and this year), and the West countries are being sheeps that say amen to whatever the USA wants. However, you are wrong if you think that there aren't any other ways to go at it. There is always a choice, but just because you have the choice doesn't mean you'll change your initial idea. They do not nullify each other.

In Middle East's case, they cannot stop the US/West from bombing their ***. However the USA would be able to stop a bombing on its country, and I'm not talking military defense, but rather diplomacy talk. You need to understand how unfair things are to understand the whole "your country is a war zone, lol" comment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-21 08:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that example will do Jet any good. He is incapable of feeling empathy and compassion. This much has been demonstrated in his wishywashy internal thought process. Others' well being doesn't come into the equation. There is no them, just "me" and varying degrees of separation from those in direct geographical proximity to him.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-21 12:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This and a couple of other threads that sprouted up reminds me of a tag-along buddy of a friend who decided to join the group when we went out to eat. He was so tanked by the time the meal was served he was convinced that the queso was mustard.

TAB "Is that mustard?"

TAB "Definitely. Definitely mustard."

"No, that's queso."

TAB "Definitely mustard."

"Why would you eat mustard with Mexican food?"

That's all I thought while reading this thread. Keep fighting the good fight, Kara, Mil, and a few others.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 18:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
All right.

What if tomorrow, every single country from Asia, the Middle East and Europe (let's just say every single country with economical influence and nuclear/man power) suddenly decrete that the USA is a war zone and that it will be eradicated in the near future if it doesn't change its way of being within 2 weeks.

So, your country is a war zone. There will be a huge panic wave first, and then there may be some bombing or mass killing from underground people supporting those countries. Then, your country is bombed, they don't care what they bomb, they just bomb your whole country because they can.

I guess? Or do you just swallow the pill, get killed or not then go on living your life "peacefully"?

Would you rather avoid this situation at all by finding a different way (because there are), or would you welcome the bombing of your country and your *** with open arms because "it can't be helped"?

You are right on one thing: the war on Middle East isn't avoidable because the USA want to control that stuff and will not stop under any circumstance (they'll just delay it, see what Obama did last year and this year), and the West countries are being sheeps that say amen to whatever the USA wants. However, you are wrong if you think that there aren't any other ways to go at it. There is always a choice, but just because you have the choice doesn't mean you'll change your initial idea. They do not nullify each other.

In Middle East's case, they cannot stop the US/West from bombing their ***. However the USA would be able to stop a bombing on its country, and I'm not talking military defense, but rather diplomacy talk. You need to understand how unfair things are to understand the whole "your country is a war zone, lol" comment.
I don't deal with hypotheticals.

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
I don't think that example will do Jet any good. He is incapable of feeling empathy and compassion. This much has been demonstrated in his wishywashy internal thought process. Others' well being doesn't come into the equation. There is no them, just "me" and varying degrees of separation from those in direct geographical proximity to him.

I'm not a sociopath actually, I do have a degree of empathy, but I don't waste it on things like war.

My internal thought process is fine, you're just incapable of seeing it with those bias eyes of yours.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-21 20:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

All right.

I don't deal with hypotheticals.
Welp.

If you're unable to project yourself, reach a state of logic, take a second look at yourself and so on, what can I tell you. You're lost, but you're not a wanderer.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-21 21:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You're the childish one if you think there's no instance where war isn't the only option.
All right.

Your forgot the most obvious American reaction: "Hit them before they hit us." People on this site like to hype up North Korea's first strike capability, the US is #1 in that department.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-21 21:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Based grampa.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
All right.

Your forgot the most obvious American reaction: "Hit them before they hit us." People on this site like to hype up North Korea's first strike capability, the US is #1 in that department.
I would mostly agree with you but Syria 2013 happened and Obama shat his pants. Now he's back but he's motivating others to go for his sake.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-21 21:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So you think that Syria 2013 had some kind of impact on our first strike capability?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-21 21:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, to be honest, the first strike ability was lost after WWII. After that, it was just sending troops getting killed for a reason or another (testing military toys in Vietnam, oil in Iraq etc).

Syria 2013 was the first time Obama literally didn't attack at all in any way. And now, he's not sending any troops (which is something good imo as I'm not fond of soldiers dying for no reason in HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE conflicts), can hardly be any less of a pussy.

So it's not that it had an impact, it's just that it showed a new way of going at war, and 2014 is just proving this turn to have taken place.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-21 21:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There wasn't, and still isn't, any reason to attack Assad. He isn't a threat to anyone outside of his own borders. We saw what happened when his pilots got lost and flew too close to Turkey.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 21:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp.

If you're unable to project yourself, reach a state of logic, take a second look at yourself and so on, what can I tell you. You're lost, but you're not a wanderer.
I'm able to protect myself, able to reach logic just find, and take second and many other looks at myself all the time.

As for being lost: could argue that about anyone, but I manage to compartmentalize things very well.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 21:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
I troll

Yeah, I know there guy.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 21:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There wasn't, and still isn't, any reason to attack Assad. He isn't a threat to anyone outside of his own borders. We saw what happened when his pilots got lost and flew too close to Turkey.
Stopping him from obliterating his own people I would argue would be a good reason to help his people.

I don't remember the particulars of that "conflict" but didn't they seek outsite help against him murdering them?

I'm not saying we should involve ourselves in every conflict on the planet like we like to do, but Nato should at least do something if help is requested.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 22:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All right.

Yet none of those things really ever go through my mind, as like I said: I don't deal with hypothetical situations.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-21 22:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a threat greater than ISIS, give me a few min and I'll find the link. ISIS is old news already.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-21 22:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
There's a threat greater than ISIS, give me a few min and I'll find the link. ISIS is old news already.

Feminism?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-21 22:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In recent months Isis – now rebranded as Islamic State – has appalled the world with its brutal exploits, which are broadcast on social media. But according to US defense officials there is another group, about which much less is known, that poses a more direct threat to the US.

Washington DC officials told the New York Times that terror group 'Khorasan' had the US in its targets.

Led by Muhsin al-Fadhli, a senior al-Qaida operative who was close to Osama bin Laden, the Syria-based group is believed to be made up of battle-hardened al-Qaida members from the Middle East, South Asia and North Africa.

AP reports that the group is working with al-Qaida affiliates in Yemen to plot bomb attacks on US aviation. The reason the group set up in Syria was not to become involved in the country's civil war, but to recruit Americans and Europeans whose passports would allow them to board airliners easily.

The US director of national intelligence, James R Clapper, told the newspaper that "in terms of threat to the homeland, Khorasan may pose as much of a danger as the Islamic State".

It is believed that the recent ban on cell phones and laptops on flights to the US from Europe and the Middle East was imposed following intelligence on Khorasan's activities.

$7 million bounty

A Kuwaiti national, al-Fadhli is believed to be one of the few people who was trusted enough to know about the 9/11 attacks before they were carried out. He is believed to have moved to Iran after the US invasion of Afghanistan, where in 2012 the US State Department described him as the group's main operative.

He has a $7m (£4.3m) bounty on his head, and is believed to have links to wealthy Gulf State backers.

Some experts believe that Islamic State is more focussed on consolidating its territorial gains in Iraq and Syria that planning strikes against the West.

The chaos in Syria has led to it becoming a haven for Islamic extremist and radicals, where new groups are using it as a base to plan attacks.

"What you have is a growing body of extremists from around the world who are coming in and taking advantage of the ungoverned areas and creating informal ad hoc groups that are not directly aligned with Isis or Nusra," a former senior law enforcement official said.

Khorasan is believed to be a splinter group of Jabhat al Nusra, a Syrian jihadist group in Syria which is backed by al-Qaida.

Khorasan's group's name refers to a part of the old Islamic caliphate that included Afghanistan.
Rival Terror Group 'Khorasan' Poses More Direct Threat Than Isis, Warn US Officials
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-21 22:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Feminism?

Muslim feminism !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-22 08:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Jet's said nothing since my last post, I'm guessing I hit the nail on the head about'im. He's more than likely a friendless loser who no one, not even his own family, wants to be around, so he trolls on FFXIAH in order to seek attention and human interaction. Poor guy. I almost pity him.
I disagree with Jet on many topics, but this post is full out dumb.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-22 08:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what he thinks or doesn't think. The assumption about having friends, being rejected by family, etc, it's just so incredibly idiotic. It just shows that you are unable to debate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-22 08:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not defend Jet.
By fonewear 2014-09-22 08:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with Jet on almost everything but I would probably be friends with him in real life.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-22 13:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Jet's said nothing since my last post, I'm guessing I hit the nail on the head about'im. He's more than likely a friendless loser who no one, not even his own family, wants to be around, so he trolls on FFXIAH in order to seek attention and human interaction. Poor guy. I almost pity him.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-22 13:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I disagree with Jet on almost everything but I would probably be friends with him in real life.
I'm offended. Will befriend Jet but won't bring powergirl outfit to Maldives...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10