Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-18 04:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
If you're the victim of a violent crime, you didn't try hard enough to protect yourself. Anything else is just an excuse.

That's what I'm hearing you say.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 04:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If you're the victim of a violent crime, you didn't try hard enough to protect yourself. Anything else is just an excuse.

That's what I'm hearing you say.

When it's your job to prevent it, and that's what you're paid to do: then yes. Like when I do electric work, it's my job to not fry myself, even if somebody else purposely threw the switch, it would still be my fault for not taking the proper precautions (lock and tag).

But I know what point you're trying to make, and if it weren't in a controlled environment I'd agree.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-18 04:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't think you understand what a CO has to go through as part of their day to day duties. The only way to remove nearly all of the risk is to keep the prisoners in private cells and never let them out.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 04:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I still don't think you understand what a CO has to go through as part of their day to day duties. The only way to remove nearly all of the risk is to keep the prisoners in private cells and never let them out.
I do, and yet my point still stands.

Or follow guidelines, but I like your solution more, but that would require us to stop overcrowding prisons, shoot.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 07:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about what they're better off, or revenge, or still an emotional argument, and yes Michi your ethics are *** up.

There is no justice in murder.

So it's ok to just let them get off with a just punishment when they tortured someone? I think they should get that back at them.

I suggest you stop posting replies to me because I'm tempted to shove a proverbial boot up someone's ***. Harming children in any way shape or form fires me up to no end. To starve one to death? Don't even bother trying to reason with me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 07:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
It's not about what they're better off, or revenge, or still an emotional argument, and yes Michi your ethics are *** up.

So it's ok to just let them get off with a just punishment when they tortured someone? I think they should get that back at them.

I suggest you stop posting replies to me because I'm tempted to shove a proverbial boot up someone's ***. Harming children in any way shape or form fires me up to no end. To starve one to death? Don't even bother trying to reason with me.

I'll go you one further and suggest it doesn't matter whether it's a child or an adult.

Torturing someone to death deserves similar treatment.

A needle is already more mercy than they deserve, but will have to suffice.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 07:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal here and fully support the death penalty for such cases.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-18 08:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not murder, it's euthanasia.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-09-18 08:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Death penalty, good fine whatever.

Looking more into the story here, there were 6 child abuse investigations that took place before the boy passed away. SIX opportunities for the system to catch this before it cost someone a life.

Sorry if someone else pointed this out already, I tend to not back-read as thoroughly as maybe I should but I wanted to share my disgust with regards to this broken system where I have seen loving parents lose children during brief times of hardship, while horrible monsters like this are allowed to take a life.

*** sad.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 08:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Harming children in any way shape or form fires me up to no end.
Unless of course those children happen to be palestinian. Then you're all for it.

Hypocrite
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 08:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Unless of course those children happen to be palestinian. Then you're all for it.

Hypocrite

Last I checked I'm not Israel you *** retard.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-18 08:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So, are some people here losing perspective? This kid weighed the average weight of someone a third his age at the end, and that was after...

Quote:
There was evidence that suggested he was fed chicken noodle soup and Pedialyte before he died, but a doctor testified that the food he received was "inadequate ... too late, and possibly too much," court records said.

A nine-year-old weighed as much as a child in pre-K on top of being bound and tortured. Let it sink it for a minute.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 08:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypocrite

Last I checked I'm not Israel you *** retard.
But you've openly said several times Israel is right in its bombing campaign against Gaza regardless of the fact that 500 children died in the last campaign.

your kung fu is weak.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypocrite

Literally that's all you can come up with, you can't think of anything else aside from the wars that happened in the Middle East?

Get the *** over yourself you pig headed fool, all you ever do is "Hurr-durr, America is a bunch of war-mongers!"

You don't live here, you don't understand jack ***about anything and you just want to play the victim card every time. Every *** time.

Boo hoo, if you want to deal with your problems, that's cool. But don't come crying to anyone when you can't handle things. (*Cough*Iraq*Cough*)
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 08:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a quote and a link to where I said that otherwise I'll just laugh at you.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2014-09-18 08:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The penalty for such a crime should be euthanasia as is the case here. Saying the state is murdering someone is applying emotion.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 08:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Weakness said: »
You'd be surprised how much damage a plastic spork, that you're required to give them, can do. Or how quickly they can rip the blade out of razor that you're required to give them to shave. Or how much getting hit with a book hurts. That's not even the creative ***they get into. Search them all you want, there is ***you have to give them that they will turn into a weapon the moment they have it. I've been pelted with a bar of soap before, trust me it *** sucks and can easily knock you unconscious if flung at your head hard enough.

You could be the nicest and coolest CO there, and I still *** promise you that someone in your tank would still take a chance to *** you up just because you're a CO. Your person is in danger at any *** time you are in the same room as an inmate, even non-violent offenders. We had a *** trustee almost beat one of the med staff to death before.

Your job is to protect yourself, protect the other CO's, protect the staff, but also to protect the inmates as well.

You can say it was a stupid guard or someone doing something all you want, but real life prison is not like a movie or TV. Everything is organized to a T, counts are done religiously multiple times a day, you separate people from each other as much as you can to avoid problems. But fact is, that retard in jail has a lot less to lose and a lot more to gain.

Until you *** work as a god damned CO and see it for yourself, just drop it.
What exactly do prisoners have to gain by assaulting a CO?

Granted I'm not all that familiar with the mind of a prisoner but it would seem that they have a lot to lose, barring lifers. I would think the punsihment for assaulting a CO would be severe and pretty much wash away any attempt you had at early release and I would also think it could even add more time on to your sentance.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-18 08:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You'd be surprised how much damage a plastic spork, that you're required to give them, can do. Or how quickly they can rip the blade out of razor that you're required to give them to shave. Or how much getting hit with a book hurts. That's not even the creative ***they get into. Search them all you want, there is ***you have to give them that they will turn into a weapon the moment they have it. I've been pelted with a bar of soap before, trust me it *** sucks and can easily knock you unconscious if flung at your head hard enough.

You could be the nicest and coolest CO there, and I still *** promise you that someone in your tank would still take a chance to *** you up just because you're a CO. Your person is in danger at any *** time you are in the same room as an inmate, even non-violent offenders. We had a *** trustee almost beat one of the med staff to death before.

Your job is to protect yourself, protect the other CO's, protect the staff, but also to protect the inmates as well.

You can say it was a stupid guard or someone doing something all you want, but real life prison is not like a movie or TV. Everything is organized to a T, counts are done religiously multiple times a day, you separate people from each other as much as you can to avoid problems. But fact is, that retard in jail has a lot less to lose and a lot more to gain.

What exactly do prisoners have to gain by assaulting CO?
Street cred.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 08:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

Looking more into the story here, there were 6 child abuse investigations that took place before the boy passed away. SIX opportunities for the system to catch this before it cost someone a life.

Sorry if someone else pointed this out already, I tend to not back-read as thoroughly as maybe I should but I wanted to share my disgust with regards to this broken system where I have seen loving parents lose children during brief times of hardship, while horrible monsters like this are allowed to take a life.

*** sad.

Child services in this country has its hands tied so thoroughly it's not even close to okay.

I work with a woman who is a foster mother. She bends over backward for these kids. And then she still has to send them home to their biological parents, who mistreat them, screw with them psychologically, neglect them, let them eat out of the trash as their only means of sustinence in one case.

The court knows all these things.

Won't terminate parental rights, because parental rights > the child's rights.

Seriously.

I couldn't work in child services. I'd hurt people.

Though I do question, what do you mean "lose children during brief times of hardship"?

In my experience you only lose children if you're really *** terrible.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 08:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Street cred.
What good does that do you if you're never back on the street?

Edit: Does that outweigh the increased time you'd face in prison?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-18 08:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Street cred.
You don't need to be out on the 'street' to look tough in front of the other people.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 08:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Street cred.

If a criminal is already in prison for life, chances are they're not going to get the death penalty for assaulting -- even maybe killing -- a CO.

Which means they have little to lose.

Which means if there's anything to gain, they'll go ahead and do it.

Our prison system is woefully ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Street cred.
You don't need to be out on the 'street' to look tough in front of the other people.
So it's not that they have more to gain and less to lose it's that they're stupid and don't care about actually getting out of prison?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 08:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

7 Horrifying Things You Didn't (want to) Know about Prison
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-18 08:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Street cred.
So it's not that they have more to gain and less to lose it's that they're stupid and don't care about actually getting out of prison?
If they're in for life they ain't never getting out.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-09-18 09:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

*** sad.

Child services in this country has its hands tied so thoroughly it's not even close to okay.

I work with a woman who is a foster mother. She bends over backward for these kids. And then she still has to send them home to their biological parents, who mistreat them, screw with them psychologically, neglect them, let them eat out of the trash as their only means of sustinence in one case.

The court knows all these things.

Won't terminate parental rights, because parental rights > the child's rights.

Seriously.

I couldn't work in child services. I'd hurt people.

Though I do question, what do you mean "lose children during brief times of hardship"?

In my experience you only lose children if you're really *** terrible.

I have seen cases that go both ways. Like you mentioned I have seen terrible parents get their kids back over and over again.

I have also seen a case where a woman lost her three kids because she was unemployed for a period of about a month. Her previous employer, having not received any calls requesting references felt they should call social services. Even though she was providing for the children's basic needs, they determined that the way she was doing it was not sustainable (she was selling her personal belongings) and took the kids. When she got a job, which was within 2-3 weeks of them taking the kids, the state would not give them back. They had all kinds of stupid hoops she had to go through to get them. They wanted her to be employed for 1 month before getting them back, have the home inspected again when that time came, they even required she get a physical performed to show she was physically fit to care for children. It ended up taking her 3 months to get them back.

Maybe there was more going on, someone with a vendetta against her in the SS office, I don't know she never said anything about that. All I know was she was a good mother, the best she could be given the situation, and the system screwed her over.

(This wasn't just something I read about, it was a neighbor when I was growing up, I was friends with her son and she was friends with my own mother)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 09:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Street cred.

If a criminal is already in prison for life, chances are they're not going to get the death penalty for assaulting -- even maybe killing -- a CO.

Which means they have little to lose.

Which means if there's anything to gain, they'll go ahead and do it.

Our prison system is woefully ***.
You did read that part of my post where I said "Barring lifers" right?

I would imagine you can still make their lives pretty miserable in prison without resorting to the death penalty.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 09:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm. No. Missed "barring lifers". Sorry.

Prison system is still ***. People who should have it harder don't have it hard enough, people who really shouldn't even be incarcerated have it way harder than they should.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 09:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm. No. Missed "barring lifers". Sorry.

Prison system is still ***. People who should have it harder don't have it hard enough, people who really shouldn't even be incarcerated have it way harder than they should.
Way to read the whole post man!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 09:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe there was more going on, someone with a vendetta against her in the SS office, I don't know she never said anything about that. All I know was she was a good mother, the best she could be given the situation, and the system screwed her over.

(This wasn't just something I read about, it was a neighbor when I was growing up, I was friends with her son and she was friends with my own mother)

This sounds like some sort of personal vendetta or like...why was her employer even calling social services just because no one called them as a reference?

If they nixed her position or fired her or w/e, maybe she didn't want them as a reference.

I dunno. I see a lot on the job and I've never seen report of children being taken away that easily. Obviously not refuting your experience, but it just seems like there's more to it there.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15