Obamas War Without Congress Approval

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamas war without congress approval
Obamas war without congress approval
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-15 23:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said: »
Good grief this forum is religion obsessed. I came here looking for lolpics and made the mistake of clicking on this thread, this forum never changes xD
Actually it's changed quite a bit, except for certain particular individuals who think they're persecuted by the mean 'ol atheists.

A couple millennia of role reversal might change their definition of persecution.

Ive seen many ppl call the whole atheist group a bunch of self indulging ***'s shoving there belief in everyone's faces. (of course ive never heard those ppl admit it could be the person not a group despite using that argument for themselves. - And pretty much most groups are doing that anyway) BUT in there defense, at least millions of ppl haven't been killed for there beliefs.
Atheists (as a group) don't have beliefs, a lack of a belief is not a belief. Even going by the more popular and less accurate definition even a disbelief in a god/gods isn't a set of beliefs.

yea, but its 1am and i dont feel like getting to technical with that atm :/
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

oh look a PM from the guy who can't handle being proven wrong:

Quote:
Kooljack
2014-09-15 11:50:06
i allready quoted you making the connection, between religion and cults. by definition, you're right. but your still an asswipe for umbrella'ing everyone underneath the religion term if thats what you think about all religions. 'being as cults'. in my eyes you've *** yourself allready with my quotes on you. i have nothing else to say in public forum.

Quote:
Jetackuu
2014-09-15 11:52:22
I know I'm right and that you've lost and that you can't handle it, it's best you bow out before you show yourself to be more of a moron than you've already shown though, kudos.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-15 23:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

I now ive been gone a few pages, but when did it switch from "Obamas war without congress approval" to a religious topic debate?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

I now ive been gone a few pages, but when did it switch from "Obamas war without congress approval" to a religious topic debate?
no idea, a few pages ago I think, idk how it happened, was fun though.
[+]
By daemun 2014-09-15 23:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

isn't that 99% of the threads on this forum?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-15 23:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

Well, Obama's war involves a radical religious group, so cue the "religion is stupid" and there we go.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-15 23:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We will accomplish nothing, nobody's opinion is going to change, and we all think we have some kind of intellectual superiority to the other parties. Welcome to P&R. We have fun here, at least.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-15 23:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

daemun said: »
quick question...

I wish the NSA and CIA would stop tracking everything and do something useful; like removing every single instance of that horrifically annoying photo...
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

lol like the other guy who has a persecution complex you both keep thinking it's 2 years ago...
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-16 00:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
We will accomplish nothing, nobody's opinion is going to change, and we all think we have some kind of intellectual superiority to the other parties. Welcome to P&R. We have fun here, at least.

While i generally agree with that assessment, i will point out that i have no problem with changing my mind or point of view.... if someone can provide a more logical argument then the ones that support my current view.
By daemun 2014-09-16 00:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

People are judged by the company they keep, get over it.
This is as unfortunate as it is true. It would be nice if humanity as a whole could finally outgrow the fear of the unknown and the fear of the different, but I fear (cwutididthere) that it will never happen.

That being said, I won't even dabble in the trash religious debate that sporadically appeared, most of the regulars know my stance and I see that the company I'm lumped in with did a very poor job of representing what Christ would have a proclaimed follower do in this situation.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

While i generally agree with that assessment, i will point out that i have no problem with changing my mind or point of view.... if someone can provide a more logical argument then the ones that support my current view.
same, unfortunately I can only think of 1-2 instances where that's happened instead of just enforcing my own view my forcing me to re-examine it.

abortion was one instance, on this very forum.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-16 00:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

At what point was the topic not about religion? It's about a war with ISIS, who are a pseudo-religious militant political movement. Someone made some kind of "don't group all religious people in with radicals" argument and got the appropriate response to the tone they took.
[+]
By daemun 2014-09-16 00:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

lol like the other guy who has a persecution complex you both keep thinking it's 2 years ago...
Since I've rarely been active in roughly two years, and every thread I've hopped in aside from the LOL Pics thread has degraded to a very argumentative religious debate; I woefully assumed that nothing had changed in two years.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

At what point was the topic not about religion? It's about a war with ISIS, who are a pseudo-religious militant political movement. Someone made some kind of "don't group all religious people in with radicals" argument and got the appropriate response to the tone they took.

I mean we can get into the facet of a culture breeds the radicals, and who ultimately is responsible, but that's one hell of a long list if we look at it.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I've rarely been active in roughly two years, and every thread I've hopped in aside from the LOL Pics thread has degraded to a very argumentative religious debate; I woefully assumed that nothing had changed in two years.

I can't even remember the last religious debate, it's been at least weeks if not months, well full on. There was a few for a bit when squishy was floating around and I think maybe when chaos came back but it's been pretty dry for a few months.
By daemun 2014-09-16 00:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

As much as they claim to be, I was enlightened by a co-worker's take on the whole ordeal. It isn't religious at all, it's merely a facade for want of control. That is pretty much a great synopsis of the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials, Jihad, and many other notoriable "religious" wars/cleansings.
[+]
By daemun 2014-09-16 00:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even remember the last religious debate, it's been at least weeks if not months, well full on. There was a few for a bit when squishy was floating around and I think maybe when chaos came back but it's been pretty dry for a few months.
Fair enough, I've proven once again why one should not assume anything. My absence is obvious, since I have no clue about most of the forum traffic.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

As much as they claim to be, I was enlightened by a co-worker's take on the whole ordeal. It isn't religious at all, it's merely a facade for want of control. That is pretty much a great synopsis of the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials, Jihad, and many other notoriable "religious" wars/cleansings.
well lolduh, what's your first clue? But that doesn't stop the followers from believing, and you forgot to invoke Godwin in that line, as I mean he was devoutly Catholic, and well as far as we could tell very well possibly believed he was doing the work of god, as he at least wrote to that extent, so maybe it was best it was left out of that line, /ponders.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

wow I'm still getting Pm's from this clown...
By daemun 2014-09-16 00:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question...

well lolduh, what's your first clue? But that doesn't stop the followers from believing, and you forgot to invoke Godwin in that line, as I mean he was devoutly Catholic, and well as far as we could tell very well possibly believed he was doing the work of god, as he at least wrote to that extent, so maybe it was best it was left out of that line, /ponders.

And therein lies the faults of man. A person can persuade themselves to believe just about anything, especially if they make it a point to go around telling others all the time. While still a believer, I see many atrocities done in the name of God/Allah/Satan/You name it, and you can quite often see how they are merely projecting their own sick and twisted thoughts onto a greater idea or a deity.

It's unfair representation for those of us who truly believe our entire purpose of existence is to help other's lives while growing in the process. This is sort of the tutorial for the real game...so to speak. Again, the religious debate in Christianity vs non-religion has run it's course in this thread and needn't be discussed further. As always, I invite anyone who wishes to chat about it to PM me if they so wish.

Back on topic, agreed it's easily noticeable that this is 100% a secular idea of gaining control and dominance over the populous of Earth. With an ever-growing list of 45+ countries now vehemently against ISIS, I don't see them succeeding and I hope they're zealotry dies out, as it's bad publicity for all religious people.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the bible was written by just as sick and twisted individuals you really have no claim there... It's very fair.

Either way I wouldn't make the argument of using a religion's doctrine to further a war for power and control as 100% secular by any stretch of the imagination.
By daemun 2014-09-16 00:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the bible was written by just as sick and twisted individuals you really have no claim there... It's very fair.
Divinely inspired and projected concepts aren't necessarily the same thing.

First half of the book is mostly anecdotal (according to several leading historical theologians now as well as myself via research), and it is entirely nullified by the second half which consists of a theme of "put others before yourself and do not focus on gaining personal wealth, as it is fleeting".

So, when you take those crazy and twisted rules and teachings from the Old Testament and apply that they were merely a teaching method, not a literal list to follow; it completely changes the value and credibility. These were simple people (comparatively to today), and those parallels were by extension simple and oft exaggerated simply to prove a point. At the time, to a majority populous unable to read, therefore they needed to grasp the concept through hearing it read aloud.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-16 00:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, citation needed? I don't hold to the idea that the Bible is infallible, I'm just wondering where you get off calling the original writers sick and twisted.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lolno, just no...

but nice job on continuing the trend of being a Christian apologist as always, at least you're consistent.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-16 00:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, citation needed? I don't hold to the idea that the Bible is infallible, I'm just wondering where you get off calling the original writers sick and twisted.

I've read the piece of ***.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-16 00:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read the piece of ***.

Okay, so you're dense, incredibly biased, and judgmental. I guess that's not new.
By daemun 2014-09-16 00:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way I wouldn't make the argument of using a religion's doctrine to further a war for power and control as 100% secular by any stretch of the imagination.
The entire concept of domination is secular. Look at tenants from various religions. The vast majority of popular religions have an overarching concept of meek or unassuming life. The times domination have been interjected have been secular concepts introduced by proclaimed followers. Wolves in sheep's clothing if you will.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-16 00:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sick and twisted is time-relative, and unless you're making the assertion that the Bible was written solely as a political tool to control the masses, sick and twisted doesn't really fit the bill. High out-of-their-minds on opiates? Maybe.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19