Obamas War Without Congress Approval

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamas war without congress approval
Obamas war without congress approval
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-20 16:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion is tied to a supernatural narrative. Always. That doesn't necessitate a god or deity, but it is always supernatural in design.
Blazed1979 said: »
Not mind blowing at all. Athiests might think they don't subscribe to christian principles in the west, but the fact is the single most influence on their existence are christian values and history.
America is more secular in design than it is Christian. The Christian influence is certainly there, but at what point is it influence and at what point is it simply a subtle reference - a foot note?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 17:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Religion is tied to a supernatural narrative. Always. That doesn't necessitate a god or deity, but it is always supernatural in design.
Not mind blowing at all. Athiests might think they don't subscribe to christian principles in the west, but the fact is the single most influence on their existence are christian values and history.
America is more secular in design than it is Christian. The Christian influence is certainly there, but at what point is it influence and at what point is it simply a subtle reference - a foot note?

I'm not going to quibble over such a minor difference of what should probably just be a discussion. Fair enough.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-20 17:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree as I can see you do give Christianity some weight in American Identity. I would say that with each passing day, however, it becomes more of a foot note.

The age of religion is coming to a close. That doesn't mean I'm athiest by the way. I'm a hard core believer so much so that I would call myself a "Knower".

However I find religion to be playing a much smaller role in people's personal values and belief system than it once did... at least in my 3 decades on this planet.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-20 17:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

BUT since this thread seems so be on a religious topic anyway...

Ill include one 'Label' if you want to call it, that i haven't rly seen on these forums. And that's Naturalist. (Often times confused with, or are incorrectly refereed to as atheist.)

Ill include a segment of video where Dr. Greg Graffin talks about it/explains it.

(Assuming i cant get it to start at the time i want to it to. But the segment is from 4:55 to 7:00. Hair over two minutes. Its from a Q&A from his lifetime achievement award from the Harvard Humanist Chaplaincy.)

YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: cant get time stamp to work. Is it even possible on this site?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 17:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Ill include one 'Label' if you want to call it, that i haven't rly seen on these forums. And that's Naturalist. (Often times confused with, or are incorrectly refereed to as atheist.)
You seem confused by the concept that the two things are mutually exclusive.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-20 17:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Both atheist and Naturalist are different. (At least form what ive found)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-20 19:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll believe the US is secular when its money no longer has "in god we trust" on it.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-20 19:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I'll believe the US is secular when its money no longer has "in god we trust" on it.

shouldn't it remain? Money is what Americans worship after all'
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-20 19:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pfft, you're just part of the conspiracy to make it "In Godofgods We Trust."

Edit: Also, if we really wanted to make it accurate for Americans, it should be changed to "In TMZ We Trust".
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-20 19:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Pfft, you're just part of the conspiracy to make it "In Godofgods We Trust."

/nod
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-20 19:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on secular notions, yes. The founding fathers can't help what happens two hundred years later when crackpots garner power and use it to witch-hunt people with differing opinions.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-20 21:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Both atheist and Naturalist are different. (At least form what ive found)
I'll tell you later.

It used to not have that crap on it, and our national motto was better, until it was corrupted decades ago.

It's most unfortunate.

Based on secular notions, yes. The founding fathers can't help what happens two hundred years later when crackpots garner power and use it to witch-hunt people with differing opinions.
^
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2014-09-25 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

wellp now he got what he wanted. over 50 syrian civilians killed by american airstrikes. Sure is good for Obama to be a Nobel Peace Prize winner otherwise someone would label this attack an "act of terror".
There's a video of syrian people trying to recover civilians. DAMN!
By Jetackuu 2014-09-25 10:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said: »
wellp now he got what he wanted. over 50 syrian civilians killed by american airstrikes. Sure is good for Obama to be a Nobel Peace Prize winner otherwise someone would label this attack an "act of terror".
go cry a river, maybe Assad will poison it and kill them before the drones get to them.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-25 11:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing about that website is, it counts everyone who died in Iraq, not just citizens who got in the way of militants.

It even counts people who died in the hands of militants and terrorists too.

How is that accurate to anything Bush ever did?
By fonewear 2014-09-25 11:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the greatest war never told !
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-25 12:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when did ppl come under the impression that war is nice peaceful event that only the bad guys can get hurt during? wtf??
By Ramyrez 2014-09-25 12:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when did ppl come under the impression that war is nice peaceful event that only the bad guys can get hurt during? wtf??

I blame Bethesda. They put that damn script in where you can't kill vital NPCs or child NPCs and now everyone thinks these people can't die in combat...damn those video games dehumanizing war and inciting violence!

(And don't tell me every one of you didn't try stabbing that mealy-mouthed little brat son of the Jarl of Whiterun)
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-25 12:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The only winner here is al-Qaeda.

Why bombing ISIS helps al-Qaeda
By Altimaomega 2014-09-25 19:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »

You do realize he got the Nobel Prize just not being Bush I mean don't get me wrong Obama is making a few mistakes but nothing can top "president" Bush.

50 in compared to the civilians that died in Iraq during the Bush years.

https://www.iraqbodycount.org

Obama care is working despite the 24 hour news cycle on the conservative networks that it's the worst thing since Stalin

considering Bush was never meant to be president the disaster that he caused was karma.

You must live in a very deep hole with a huge rock on-top to believe Obama hasn't overtaken Bush in horribleness.

Quote:
O, bomber! Obama bombs 7th country in 6 years
http://rt.com/usa/190048-usa-bombing-six-country/

Not even gonna touch on the ACA because LOL.
By daoming 2014-09-25 19:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just called him O'bummer.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-25 20:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

People quite often confuse bombing terrorist cells in a country with bombing a country...

They're not the same thing people, unless that country is being run by said terrorist cells.
By fonewear 2014-09-25 20:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I sometimes confuse ketchup and catsup.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-25 20:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

daoming said: »
I just called him O'bummer.
How about O'Bomber?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-25 21:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2014-09-25 21:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This war will last longer than all episodes of MASH combined !
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-25 21:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People quite often confuse bombing terrorist cells in a country with bombing a country...

They're not the same thing people, unless that country is being run by said terrorist cells.

Ahhh I see! So when they find a terrorist cell in New York, It'll be perfectly Okay to bomb the hell out of it and won't be considered Obama bombing IN THE USA!

Because Terrorist!

Please find something tall to jump off of troll.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-25 21:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Ahhh I see! So when they find a terrorist cell in New York, It'll be perfectly Okay to bomb the hell out of it and won't be considered Obama bombing IN THE USA!

Because Terrorist!

Your grammar is horrible as always.

Also: New York isn't a war zone.

Also, you can't read. I said there's a difference between "bombing a country" and "bombing a target in a country" it's a semantics argument, something I'm sure you wouldn't comprehend, but the implications and meanings are vastly different.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-25 22:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Because Terrorist!

Your grammar is horrible as always.

Also: New York isn't a war zone.

Also, you can't read. I said there's a difference between "bombing a country" and "bombing a target in a country" it's a semantics argument, something I'm sure you wouldn't comprehend, but the implications and meanings are vastly different.

Wow straight to grammar AND semantics.. your not even trying anymore troll.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19