St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 32 33
By Voren 2014-08-19 20:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
/shrug
I like watching people get teargassed... what can I say?

and I LOVE the new sparkly exploding gas cartridges... I have got to get me some of these.

I'll see your flashbang grenade and raise you a stinger grenade. About 100 tiny rubber pellets that explode from the canister and hit all the things. Anyone ever see The Longest Yard remake with adam sandler? They use one in that.
By Voren 2014-08-19 20:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
What do we want Jordans ! When do we want it now !

FTFY
[+]
By Voren 2014-08-19 20:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Fenrir.Squintik said: »
So apparently there has been another officer-related slaying of an African-American male, about 3 miles from where Michael Brown was killed.

Quote:
3:05 p.m. ET: St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said the suspect, a 23-year-old African-American male, had been involved in a convenience store theft early Tuesday afternoon and was seen acting eratically. When two officers stopped him, the suspect shouted, "Shoot me! Kill me now!" The suspect refused verbal commands to stop and approached the officers holding a knife in an "overhand grip," getting within three or four feet of them, police said. Both officers fired at the suspect, killing him.

"Every police officer out here has the right to defend themselves," Dotson told reporters.

Source
This calls for more looting!
If this is the same department, this calls for something more along the lines of suspending the whole department pending investigation, and bringing in another agency in the interim.
I disagree in part. If the account is accurate, shooting him was warranted. Lethal force, on the other hand, was not.

What? Since when was using a firearm not considered lethal force?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-19 21:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in as the Iraq thread is beat, so here. (mentions Missouri anyway)

Quote:
Last week was a weird one for American military hardware.

In the United States, Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles (MRAPs), AR-15s and camouflage body armor all made an appearance on the streets of a suburb in the heartland, helping to give a tense situation the push needed to turn into a week of riots. American citizens in Ferguson, Missouri, feeling they were being occupied by a foreign army, rather than their friendly neighborhood cop on the beat.

Riot police stand guard as demonstrators protest the shooting death of teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri

MRAPs didn’t get a better rap overseas, either. In what’s still being called Iraq — at least for the sake of convenience — the U.S. Air Force has resumed bombing missions in the northern part of the “country.” The aim of the missions is stated as being the defense of a minority group known as the Yazidis, who practice a religion unique to themselves and are under threat by the Islamic State, a jihadi group that controls a large chunk of territory in Syria and Iraq.

The extremist cadre Islamic State — which has declared itself to be the new caliphate, representing God’s will on earth — has had an incredible string of military successes over the last few months. They’ve taken a lot of territory. They’ve slaughtered a lot of people, including civilians. They’ve imposed what they say is Islamic law — though many Islamic scholars would beg to disagree.

And Islamic State’s captured an enormous amount of U.S. weaponry, originally intended for the rebuilt Iraqi Army. You know — the one that collapsed in terror in front of the Islamic State, back when they were just ISIL? The ones who dropped their uniforms, and rifles and ran away?

They left behind the bigger equipment, too, including M1 Abrams tanks (about $6 million each), 52 M198 Howitzer cannons ($527,337), and MRAPs (about $1 million) similar to the ones in use in Ferguson.

Now, U.S. warplanes are flying sorties, at a cost somewhere between $22,000 to 30,000 per hour for the F-16s, to drop bombs that cost at least $20,000 each, to destroy this captured equipment.

That means if an F-16 were to take off from Incirclik Air Force Base in Turkey and fly two hours to Erbil, Iraq, and successfully drop both of its bombs on one target each, it costs the United States somewhere between $84,000 to $104,000 for the sortie and destroys a minimum of $1 million and a maximum of $12 million in U.S.-made equipment.
In Iraq, U.S. is spending millions to blow up captured American war machines
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-08-19 22:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

does that count as cleaning up after ourselves?
By tazkwondo 2014-08-19 23:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, if the store clerk had shot him for the robbery he was committing, we may not even be having this conversation. You can't really say they're unarmed when they're armed with the stupidity.
By Voren 2014-08-20 00:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for giggles, according to the FBI 678 people were killed by unarmed suspects in 2012. It's listed as personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc).

Source
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-20 00:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Just for giggles, according to the FBI 678 people were killed by unarmed suspects in 2012. It's listed as personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc).

Source

Something, Chuck Norris something 678 something something something something 2012.

Now we won't have to suffer ten pages of stupid jokes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-20 00:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point. Cops in America have two modes. Restrain and kill. Nothing in between. Put one in each leg. He won't be stabbing anyone. It CAN kill, but it's not 6 bullets to the trunk.
By Voren 2014-08-20 00:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point. Cops in America have two modes. Restrain and kill. Nothing in between. Put one in each leg. He won't be stabbing anyone. It CAN kill, but it's not 6 bullets to the trunk.

In a perfect setting with everything scripted yes this would work. Unfortunately we live in reality where this isn't something that can be done effectively all the time, or even a part of the time.

We're trained to stop the threat. In just a few seconds time we have to evaluate the situation, reflect upon the use of force policy, decide which use of force applies to the particular situation, and then apply it, but also come up with a plan B in case plan A fails. Oh, and make sure not to hit any of the dumbass onlookers who are too piss ignorant to leave the area.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-20 00:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In a perfect setting with everything scripted yes this would work. Unfortunately we live in reality where this isn't something that can be done effectively all the time, or even a part of the time.

We're trained to stop the threat. In just a few seconds time we have to evaluate the situation, reflect upon the use of force policy, decide which use of force applies to the particular situation, and then apply it, but also come up with a plan B in case plan A fails. Oh, and make sure not to hit any of the dumbass onlookers who are too piss ignorant to leave the area.
I understand that, believe me.

Situations like this knife incident however, make me wonder if police are trained properly to consider and employ non-lethal arms fire.
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-08-20 01:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Living in Missouri and being close to Saint Louis, this whole situation upsets me and makes me laugh at the same time.

First since Martial Law was put into effect and now the police have back up with the National guard is big enough. Now you have the president *** with due process of law. By placeing an order to expidite the grand jury hearing. And to assign the US Atorny general to oversea the case.

I can understand local goverment gave the case to state, and then State giving the investigation to the FBI. But the *** bottom line is this is a case about "Justified Homicide or Manslaughter" those are the only charges that appy to this case from a legal standpoint. I find this a complete and utter abuse of power from the president and all the media and there *** agendas is going to do is make it next to imposible for the officer to get a fair and just trial, without doing countless change of venue and several mistrials due to leaked information and the endless media coverege and whatever news covrage planned hidden agenda is out there.

Now as an American and for the people who are lawfully and peacefully protesting and there plans to move there areas of active protest to more viable areas ie the PA office City hall ect. I appluad this and hopefully this will end the gangbangers, atention seekers, non local people easier to get locked up. This is not a *** case about race White vs Black. This is a very simple case of Blue vs the public and was it within the colour of the law. And to let our Justice system handle it. People are human, people make mistakes, let a fair trial, all the facts come out and let the jury decide.

As for my opinion about the case with current facts known its this simple. Fact the guy went for the officers gun and a shot went off. This alone justifys force up to deadly force.

Fact 2 in the next few seconds distance was spaced but still within 20-30 feet which is still a viable threat to impose seriously body harm. it only takes 1-2 sec to cover that much ground. let the forsinic evideance experts present the hidden story.

Fact 3 to my knowledge 2 cruicial pieces of eveidance have not been leaked yet the officers dash cam and if the officer activated his audiable mic to record. or other forms of video survalance from the area. to prove mind set and fear for life.

Fact 4 Every officer in any acedemy is taught and drilled in their head "When its time to go to guns its time to go to guns" and if you understand esculation of force and justification use of force. We as officer do not shoot in the arm to disable or give warning shots, you watch to much tv. when the time comes and our weapon is drawn and that final saftey choice of putting our finger on the trigger. We shoot to eliminate the treat. If it takes 1 shot or 15+ most people dont even understand the parasympithetic and sympothetic nervous system. to shoot effectively under a flight or flight situation is extremly hard as shooting a pistol is a fine motor skill and takes countless hrs of trainning to be effective. in most case only military gets to put that many rounds down range to get to high lvl of profeciancy under extreme stress.

I hope the officer gets a fair trial for doing his job. But with the presidential now influance i see this turning into nothing more than a cluster ***.

Worst President in US History is Obama hands down. I thought babay bush was bad but 8 years of this crap he wins by a landslide. should Impeach Obama the man has failed on every front. But thats just my opinion.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 07:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Blizz said: »
Now you have the president *** with due process of law.

I find this a complete and utter abuse of power from the president and all the media and there *** agendas is going to do is make it next to imposible for the officer to get a fair and just trial

Now as an American

Incoming Obama Apologists claiming that Blizz is a racist.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 07:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Obama was also on the Supreme Court though...
[+]
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-08-20 07:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that, believe me.

Situations like this knife incident however, make me wonder if police are trained properly to consider and employ non-lethal arms fire.

I thought cops carried Tasers and pepperspray for this.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-20 07:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Foreign forces have invaded Missouri.

Quote:
Civil rights leaders and police - at odds over much of what has occurred in this small, mostly black St. Louis suburb - agree on at least one hypothesis: Many of the perpetrators are not local residents.

At times, the most violent element hide in alleys, emerging to throw rocks or bottles before disappearing again. Others are caught and taken into custody.

After Monday's violence, 56 people were arrested overnight, most on a charge of failure to disperse, according to the St. Louis County Justice Services Center. It said 15 were from outside Missouri, although the more serious charge of unlawful use of weapon was brought against two locals.
As Missouri violence flares, fingers point to outsiders

Time to drop some bombs of peace and prosperity on St. Louis yet?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 07:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Obama was also on the Supreme Court though...
Obama is all 9 Justices on the Supreme Court, all 100 Senators and all 435 House members. So said Executive Order #5323413.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 07:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Quote:
Civil rights leaders and police - at odds over much of what has occurred in this small, mostly black St. Louis suburb - agree on at least one hypothesis: Many of the perpetrators are not local residents.

At times, the most violent element hide in alleys, emerging to throw rocks or bottles before disappearing again. Others are caught and taken into custody.

After Monday's violence, 56 people were arrested overnight, most on a charge of failure to disperse, according to the St. Louis County Justice Services Center. It said 15 were from outside Missouri, although the more serious charge of unlawful use of weapon was brought against two locals.

I thought they were missiles of love?
By fonewear 2014-08-20 07:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs facts when this guy was guilty from the start. That is how justice works I'm angry someone has to pay !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-08-20 11:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No, its time to drop voter registration cards.
Missouri GOP Director Denounces Voter Registration Efforts In Ferguson

Quote:
Missouri Republican Party executive director Matt Wills called the actions "disgusting" and told Breitbart News the activists are "fanning the political flames."
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-20 11:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I thought they were missiles of love?
In America it's bombs of peace and prosperity.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-08-20 12:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs facts when this guy was guilty from the start. That is how justice works I'm angry someone has to pay !

If you consider black guy is guilty for being born then...
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-20 12:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

don't mind fone, he thought his comment was a joke.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 12:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fonewear isn't serious 97.31814354% of the time.
[+]
By Fumiku 2014-08-20 12:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fonewear isn't serious 97.31814354% of the time.

only 97.31814354%?! Fowear you be slippin' man!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-20 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the other 2.68185646%?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 13:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

somewhat serious, in various degrees.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-20 14:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sick of the 2.68185646% of Americans making all the money and holding the rest of us down. Wait, what are we talking about again?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm sick of the 2.68185646% of Americans making all the money and holding the rest of us down. Wait, what are we talking about again?

We were, at one point, talking about how celebs need to become more varied in their hotness rather than trying to all fit into the same mould.

But people keep talking about this depressing-*** police shooting stuff.

Edit: Time for fun with hyphens. Instead of "depressing-*** police shooting" we should talk about "depression ***-police shooting".
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 14:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The other 2% and change I'm a tree hugging liberal feminist.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 31 32 33