St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 31 32 33
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 09:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
The excuse there is the death of a young black man in not fully known circumstances.
That is not a valid excuse to destroy property.

Also, why are you saying "your general thugs"?
The term "your" in this case is not in reference to anyone in general, but a group in whole.

Edit: paged, so here's some fish:

Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-08-19 10:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
The excuse there is the death of a young black man in not fully known circumstances.
That is not a valid excuse to destroy property.

Also, why are you saying "your general thugs"?
The term "your" in this case is not in reference to anyone in general, but a group in whole.

Edit: paged, so here's some fish:

Of course it is not. But, in riots there almost always are collateral grieves.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 11:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when people were killing each other in the Gaza Strip me either.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-19 11:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean "you" people. Oh you are referring to the plural version of you as in everybody not a specific racial group.

I'm a personal pronoun and I didn't pay attention in English class.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 11:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The 9000 hours of CNN coverage is not enough. I demand more !
By fonewear 2014-08-19 11:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I think I rather hear about something besides the Missouri thing. This news story is stale time for something fresh.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 14:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hearing now the Officer Darren Williams now has an orbital fracture around his eye socket.

I wonder how he got that? Could it have been from the "Gentle Giant"?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 14:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Hearing now the Officer Darren Williams now has an orbital fracture around his eye socket.

Wow am I getting sick of that phrase from both sides. Damn do I hate catch phrases in the media.

Objectively speaking, it could be from either of those attempting to be aprehended. Or one of his own fellow officers if there was a tussle involving multiple officers and suspects.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-19 14:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you've done it. Egypt has its two cents to put in.

Quote:

Egypt on Tuesday urged U.S. authorities to exercise restraint in dealing with racially charged demonstrations in Ferguson, Missouri - echoing language Washington used to caution Egypt as it cracked down on Islamist protesters last year.

U.S. foes Iran and Syria also lambasted the United States, but while they are frequent critics of Washington, it is unusual for Egypt to criticize such a major donor. It was not immediately clear why Egypt would issue such a statement.
Egypt urges U.S. restraint over Missouri unrest
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 14:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Now you've done it. Egypt has its two cents to put in.

Quote:

Egypt on Tuesday urged U.S. authorities to exercise restraint in dealing with racially charged demonstrations in Ferguson, Missouri - echoing language Washington used to caution Egypt as it cracked down on Islamist protesters last year.

U.S. foes Iran and Syria also lambasted the United States, but while they are frequent critics of Washington, it is unusual for Egypt to criticize such a major donor. It was not immediately clear why Egypt would issue such a statement.
Egypt urges U.S. restraint over Missouri unrest

Except short of the initial incident, all the shooting and violence has been coming from the rioters and looters, not the government. Any additional use of riot control tactics had been just that; attempting to control violent riots in as subdued a fashion as possible whilst maintaining some degree of safety.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 14:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Wow am I getting sick of that phrase from both sides. Damn do I hate catch phrases in the media.

Objectively speaking, it could be from either of those attempting to be aprehended. Or one of his own fellow officers if there was a tussle involving multiple officers and suspects.

Wanna put some money on that?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 14:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Objectively speaking, it could be from either of those attempting to be aprehended. Or one of his own fellow officers* if there was a tussle involving multiple officers and suspects.

*inadvertant was the implication, sorry.

I said "objectively speaking".

I know it's a rare phrase around here.

We're talking "reasonable doubt". That's all. The same will be applied to the officer's defense, to be sure.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 14:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point is the narrative being pushed, and how in the end the facts will almost certainly not resemble it at all. What happens to the race baiters then, is there a way to hold them accountable?

I haven't played FFXI in quite some time, but I'm tempted to re-activate, transfer servers, and hand over over 100 million gil to the guy who calls it for the narrative and is right.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-19 15:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You also claimed to hear the kid had marijuana in his system, so really, until you can provide actual proof, it's safe to ignore everything you have claimed to hear.
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-08-19 15:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So apparently there has been another officer-related slaying of an African-American male, about 3 miles from where Michael Brown was killed.

Quote:
3:05 p.m. ET: St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said the suspect, a 23-year-old African-American male, had been involved in a convenience store theft early Tuesday afternoon and was seen acting eratically. When two officers stopped him, the suspect shouted, "Shoot me! Kill me now!" The suspect refused verbal commands to stop and approached the officers holding a knife in an "overhand grip," getting within three or four feet of them, police said. Both officers fired at the suspect, killing him.

"Every police officer out here has the right to defend themselves," Dotson told reporters.

Source
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 15:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Squintik said: »
So apparently there has been another officer-related slaying of an African-American male, about 3 miles from where Michael Brown was killed.

Quote:
3:05 p.m. ET: St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said the suspect, a 23-year-old African-American male, had been involved in a convenience store theft early Tuesday afternoon and was seen acting eratically. When two officers stopped him, the suspect shouted, "Shoot me! Kill me now!" The suspect refused verbal commands to stop and approached the officers holding a knife in an "overhand grip," getting within three or four feet of them, police said. Both officers fired at the suspect, killing him.

"Every police officer out here has the right to defend themselves," Dotson told reporters.

Source
This calls for more looting!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kathee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2014-08-19 15:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sick of "Hands up, don't shoot".
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-08-19 15:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kathee said: »
I'm sick of "Hands up, don't shoot".

Shoot anyway. Just don't shoot to kill.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-19 15:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Objectively speaking, it could be from either of those attempting to be aprehended. Or one of his own fellow officers* if there was a tussle involving multiple officers and suspects.

*inadvertant was the implication, sorry.

I said "objectively speaking".

I know it's a rare phrase around here.

We're talking "reasonable doubt". That's all. The same will be applied to the officer's defense, to be sure.
A situation where someone is purportedly halted for jaywalking/improper walking, which apparently escalated into the use of lethal force, seems somewhat strange.

Admittedly, it has been years since I've spent more than a few weeks at a time in the US, but from what I recall of officers speaking of training (from a few decades ago), they are supposed to be trained to use non-lethal force before lethal force. For example, to progress from presenting no weapon, to nightstick/spray/taser (whenever they received those) prior to lethal force, pretty much to expressly prevent threat escalation. The same goes for always attempting to operate in pairs or more, if possible. Preventing escalation reduces the likelihood of being in a dangerous situation, and reduces the likelihood of being in a situation where you can rapidly lose control.

That principle seems to be tossed out the window when officers will unclasp and place hands on pistols when making routine traffic stops.

Cultivating a "do what it takes to get to the end of the day alive" isn't a police mindset, it is a mercenary's mindset.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Source
Not quite yet King, we need race baiters to take the lead and re-trend the "gentle knife wielding giant" meme...
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-19 15:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Source
If this is the same department, this calls for something more along the lines of suspending the whole department pending investigation, and bringing in another agency in the interim.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Source
Not quite yet King, we need race baiters to take the lead and re-trend the "gentle knife wielding giant" meme...
Isn't it obvious? White cops gun down innocent, poor, black kids just because they are black every day.

Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson both said so, so it must be true! Don't forget, if Obama had sons, they would be all slain kids.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-19 17:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

if Obama had sons, they would be all slain kids.
What a depressing fantasy Obama has if he ever had any sons.

"If I had any sons, they'd all be dead."
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-19 17:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had a son that was black I'd say damn that was a hell of a night.

Then I would go on Maury and do my DNA test to prove I'm not the father.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-19 17:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I could go for some dark chocolate though...
 Lakshmi.Kathee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Brei
By Lakshmi.Kathee 2014-08-19 17:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Quote:

Source
If this is the same department, this calls for something more along the lines of suspending the whole department pending investigation, and bringing in another agency in the interim.

It's not, today's shooting of the knife wielding robber was in the City of St Louis, Mike Brown's happened in Ferguson, which has it's on police department and probably backed up by St Louis County police.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 19:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Justice for Trayvon!
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-19 19:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Quote:

Source
I disagree in part. If the account is accurate, shooting him was warranted. Lethal force, on the other hand, was not.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 19:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What do we want justice ! When do we want it...um...eventually !
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-19 20:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

nothing makes me feel better about my race being treated as inferiors like a pair of nykes with the five finger discount
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 31 32 33